Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gja4
Description: gap junction protein, alpha 4
Alias: CXN37, gap junction alpha-4 protein, Gap junction membrane channel, protein alpha 4 (connexin 37), connexin-37, cx37, gap junction membrane channel protein alpha 4
- Yeh H, Chang H, Lu W, Lee Y, Ko Y, Severs N, et al. Age-related alteration of gap junction distribution and connexin expression in rat aortic endothelium. J Histochem Cytochem. 2000;48:1377-89 pubmedWe investigated endothelial gap junctions and their three component connexins, connexin37 (Cx37), Cx40, and Cx43, during growth and senescence in rat aorta by en face immunoconfocal microscopy and electron microscopy...
- Kansui Y, Fujii K, Nakamura K, Goto K, Oniki H, Abe I, et al. Angiotensin II receptor blockade corrects altered expression of gap junctions in vascular endothelial cells from hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;287:H216-24 pubmed..Confocal laser scanning microscopy after immunofluorescent labeling with antibodies against Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43 revealed that the expression of Cx37 and Cx40 in endothelial cells of the mesenteric artery was ..
- Simon A, McWhorter A. Vascular abnormalities in mice lacking the endothelial gap junction proteins connexin37 and connexin40. Dev Biol. 2002;251:206-20 pubmed..Mice lacking either connexin37 (Cx37) or connexin40 (Cx40), the predominant gap junction proteins present in vascular endothelium, are viable and ..
- Lin S, Lu C, Muhammad R, Chou W, Lin F, Wu P, et al. Induction of connexin 37 expression in a rat model of neuropathic pain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;99:134-40 pubmed..Changes in connexin 37 mRNA expression following nerve injury have not been previously documented...
- Good M, Ek VitorÃn J, Burt J. Structural determinants and proliferative consequences of connexin 37 hemichannel function in insulinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30379-86 pubmed publisher..The C terminus and a channel able to function are necessary, and neither by itself is sufficient, for Cx37 to mediate growth suppression...
- Figueroa X, Isakson B, Duling B. Connexins: gaps in our knowledge of vascular function. Physiology (Bethesda). 2004;19:277-84 pubmed
- Stoessel A, Himmerkus N, Bleich M, Bachmann S, Theilig F. Connexin 37 is localized in renal epithelia and responds to changes in dietary salt intake. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F216-23 pubmed publisher..Renal vascular expression and hemodynamic impacts have so far been shown for Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43. Additionally, Cx30, Cx30...
- Ganesan S, Keating A. Impact of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene exposure on connexin gap junction proteins in cultured rat ovaries. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;274:209-14 pubmed publisher..5nM or 75nM) and cultured for 4 or 8days. RT-PCR was performed to quantify Cx37, Cx43, p53 and Bax mRNA level...
- Chang C, Wu L, Hsu L, Chang G, Chen C, Yeh H, et al. Differential endothelial gap junction expression in venous vessels exposed to different hemodynamics. J Histochem Cytochem. 2010;58:1083-92 pubmed publisher..and the total gap-junctional areas (TGJAs) of Cx40 and Cx43 were lower than those of the thoracic aorta and that Cx37 was hardly detectable...
- Rummery N, Hickey H, McGurk G, Hill C. Connexin37 is the major connexin expressed in the media of caudal artery. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002;22:1427-32 pubmed..in intercellular coupling within vascular muscle, the present study has quantified mRNA and protein expression for Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 in the caudal artery (CA) and thoracic aorta (ThA) of the rat...
- Listi F, Candore G, Lio D, Russo M, Colonna Romano G, Caruso M, et al. Association between C1019T polymorphism of connexin37 and acute myocardial infarction: a study in patients from Sicily. Int J Cardiol. 2005;102:269-71 pubmed..The component protein subunits of these channels, called connexin (Cx), belong to a multigene family. Cx37 is involved in growth, regeneration after injury and ageing of the endothelial cells, suggesting its role in ..