Gene Symbol: Gipr
Description: gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor
Alias: Gippr, RATGIPPR, GIP-R, gastric inhibitory peptide receptor, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor
- Association analyses of GIP and GIPR polymorphisms with traits of the metabolic syndromeInke Nitz
Department of Molecular Nutrition, Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 51:1046-52. 2007..polypeptide (GIP) stimulates insulin release via interaction with its pancreatic receptor (GIP receptor (GIPR)). GIP also acts as vasoactive protein...
- Inhibition of gastric inhibitory polypeptide signaling prevents obesityKazumasa Miyawaki
Department of Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Nat Med 8:738-42. 2002..In contrast, mice lacking the GIP receptor (Gipr(-/-)) fed a high-fat diet were clearly protected from both the obesity and the insulin resistance...
- A novel pathway for regulation of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptor expression in beta cellsFrancis C Lynn
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Canada, V6T 1Z3
FASEB J 17:91-3. 2003..Here, we describe a novel pathway for the regulation of GIP receptor (GIPR) expression within clonal beta-cell lines, pancreatic islets, and in vivo...
- Reversal of islet GIP receptor down-regulation and resistance to GIP by reducing hyperglycemia in the Zucker ratShalea Piteau
University of British Columbia, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, Life Sciences Institute, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:1007-12. 2007..These findings support the proposal that GIP receptor down-regulation in rodent T2DM is secondary to chronic hyperglycemia and that normalization of glycemia can restore GIP sensitivity...
- Defective glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor expression in diabetic fatty Zucker ratsF C Lynn
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes 50:1004-11. 2001..These data suggest that the decreased effectiveness of GIP in the VDF rat and in type 2 diabetes may be a result of a decreased receptor expression in the islet...
- Glucose intolerance caused by a defect in the entero-insular axis: a study in gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor knockout miceK Miyawaki
Department of Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14843-7. 1999Mice with a targeted mutation of the gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) receptor gene (GIPR) were generated to determine the role of GIP as a mediator of signals from the gut to pancreatic beta cells...
- Downregulation of GLP-1 and GIP receptor expression by hyperglycemia: possible contribution to impaired incretin effects in diabetesGang Xu
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 56:1551-8. 2007..Gene expression of incretin receptors, GLP-1R and GIPR, were significantly decreased in islets of 90% pancreatectomized (Px) hyperglycemic rats, with recovery when ..
- Postprandial stimulation of insulin release by glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP). Effect of a specific glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor antagonist in the ratC C Tseng
Gastroenterology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 98:2440-5. 1996..It is concluded that GIP (7-30)-NH2 is a GIP-specific receptor antagonist and that GIP plays a dominant role in mediating postprandial insulin release...
- Decreased TCF7L2 protein levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus correlate with downregulation of GIP- and GLP-1 receptors and impaired beta-cell functionLuan Shu
Islet Biology Laboratory, Centre for Biomolecular Interactions Bremen, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 18:2388-99. 2009..Our findings suggest that beta-cell function and survival are regulated through an interplay between TCF7L2 and GLP-1R/GIP-R expression and signaling in T2DM...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor, a member of the secretin-vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor family, is widely distributed in peripheral organs and the brainT B Usdin
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Endocrinology 133:2861-70. 1993..This suggests that a novel peptide may be present in the brain...
- A novel GIP receptor splice variant influences GIP sensitivity of pancreatic beta-cells in obese miceNorio Harada
Dept Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E61-8. 2008..GIP) is an incretin that potentiates insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells by binding to GIP receptor (GIPR) and subsequently increasing the level of intracellular adenosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate (cAMP)...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) and its receptor (GIPR): cellular localization, lesion-affected expression, and impaired regenerative axonal growthBettina A Buhren
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neurosci Res 87:1858-70. 2009..To gain more insight into the lesion-induced expression of GIP and its receptor (GIPR), expression profiles of the mRNAs were studied after rat sciatic nerve crush injury in 1) affected lumbar dorsal ..
- Ultrastructural identification of neurofibrillary tangles in the spinal cords in Guamanian amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and parkinsonism-dementia complex on GuamS Kato
Department of Pathology, Montefiore Medical Center, NY 10467
Acta Neuropathol 83:277-82. 1992..This is the first demonstration of the fine structure of the spinal cord NFTs...
- Diabetic kidney lesions of GIPRdn transgenic mice: podocyte hypertrophy and thickening of the GBM precede glomerular hypertrophy and glomerulosclerosisNadja Herbach
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Veterinaerstr 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F819-29. 2009..In the present study, we characterize the age-related sequence of diabetes-associated kidney lesions in GIPR(dn) transgenic mice, a novel mouse model of early-onset diabetes mellitus...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor: association analyses for obesity of several polymorphisms in large study groupsCarla I G Vogel
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
BMC Med Genet 10:19. 2009..It exerts its function through its receptor, GIPR. We genotyped three GIPR SNPs (rs8111428, rs2302382 and rs1800437) in German families with at least one obese index ..
- Ubiquitination is involved in glucose-mediated downregulation of GIP receptors in isletsJie Zhou
Diabetes Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E538-47. 2007..These results suggest that the GIP-R is ubiquitated, resulting in downregulation of the actions of GIP...
- GIP receptor mRNA expression in different fat tissue depots in postmenopausal non-diabetic womenNatalia Rudovich
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition, Campus B Franklin, Charite Medicine University of Berlin, Germany
Regul Pept 142:138-45. 2007..Despite evidence for GIP effects on fat metabolism in humans, the GIP receptor (GIPR) has not been identified in fat tissues...
- Sp1/Sp3 binding is associated with cell-specific expression of the glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor geneMichael O Boylan
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, 650 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E1287-95. 2006..Because aberrant GIP receptor (GIPR) expression has been implicated in abnormal GIP responses associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus and food-induced ..
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide is expressed in adult hippocampus and induces progenitor cell proliferationJenny Nyberg
The Arvid Carlsson Institute for Neuroscience at the Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurosci 25:1816-25. 2005..This investigation demonstrates the presence of GIP in the brain for the first time and provides evidence for a regulatory function for GIP in progenitor cell proliferation...
- Overexpression of a dominant negative GIP receptor in transgenic mice results in disturbed postnatal pancreatic islet and beta-cell developmentNadja Herbach
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Veterinaerstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Regul Pept 125:103-17. 2005..This study aims to gain further insight into the effect of the expression of a dominant negative GIPR on glucose homeostasis and postnatal development of the endocrine pancreas...
- Upregulation of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide and its receptor in the retina of streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsGyeong Jae Cho
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju, Kyungnam, South Korea
Curr Eye Res 25:381-8. 2002..However, the expression of GIP and its receptor (GIPR) has not been previously noted in the rat retina...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide confers early phase insulin release to oral glucose in rats: demonstration by a receptor antagonistJ T Lewis
Department of Physiology and Medicine, Heritage Medical Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Endocrinology 141:3710-6. 2000..Antisera to an extracellular epitope of the GIP receptor (GIPR) detected immunoreactive GIPR on rat pancreatic beta-cells...
- The cysteine of the cytoplasmic tail of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptor mediates its chronic desensitization and down-regulationC C Tseng
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston VA Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 139:179-86. 1998..The data suggest that chronic desensitization and down-regulation of the GIP-R may be mediated by similar mechanisms, and that the cysteine in the carboxyl terminus plays an essential role in regulating both processes...
- Chronic desensitization of the glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor in diabetic ratsC C Tseng
Harvard Digestive Disease Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol 270:E661-6. 1996..The results of these studies indicate that GIP gene expression is enhanced in diabetic animals and that elevated serum GIP level induces chronic desensitization of the GIP receptor in vivo and in a stably transfected cell line...
- Physiologic and pharmacologic modulation of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptor expression in beta-cells by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-gamma signaling: possible mechanism for the GIP resistance in type 2 diabDhananjay Gupta
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and the Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Diabetes 59:1445-50. 2010..Gene Bank blast for a homologous nucleotide sequence revealed the same PPRE within the rat glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor (GIP-R) promoter sequence. We investigated the role of PPARgamma in GIP-R transcription...