Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gipc1
Description: GIPC PDZ domain containing family, member 1
Alias: Gipc, Rgs19, Rgs19ip1, PDZ domain-containing protein GIPC1, GAIP C-terminus-interacting protein, GLUT1 C-terminal-binding protein, GLUT1CBP, RGS-GAIP interacting protein, C-terminus, RGS-GAIP-interacting protein, RGS19-interacting protein 1, regulator of G-protein signaling 19 interacting protein 1, synectin
- de Vries L, Lou X, Zhao G, Zheng B, Farquhar M. GIPC, a PDZ domain containing protein, interacts specifically with the C terminus of RGS-GAIP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:12340-5 pubmedWe have identified a mammalian protein called GIPC (for GAIP interacting protein, C terminus), which has a central PDZ domain and a C-terminal acyl carrier protein (ACP) domain...
- Yano H, Ninan I, Zhang H, Milner T, Arancio O, Chao M. BDNF-mediated neurotransmission relies upon a myosin VI motor complex. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:1009-18 pubmed..Here we report that Myo6 and a Myo6-binding protein, GIPC1, form a complex that can engage TrkB...
- Cai H, Reed R. Cloning and characterization of neuropilin-1-interacting protein: a PSD-95/Dlg/ZO-1 domain-containing protein that interacts with the cytoplasmic domain of neuropilin-1. J Neurosci. 1999;19:6519-27 pubmed..NIP has been independently cloned as RGS-GAIP-interacting protein (GIPC), where it was identified by virtue of its interaction with the C terminus of RGS-GAIP and suggested to participate ..
- Yi Z, Petralia R, Fu Z, Swanwick C, Wang Y, Prybylowski K, et al. The role of the PDZ protein GIPC in regulating NMDA receptor trafficking. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11663-75 pubmed..We identified a novel NMDA receptor-interacting protein, GIPC (GAIP-interacting protein, C terminus), that associates with surface as well as internalized NMDA receptors when ..
- Bunn R, Jensen M, Reed B. Protein interactions with the glucose transporter binding protein GLUT1CBP that provide a link between GLUT1 and the cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:819-32 pubmed..This report describes the identification and characterization of a protein, GLUT1 C-terminal binding protein (GLUT1CBP), that binds via a PDZ domain to the C terminus of GLUT1...
- Fischer T, De Vries L, Meerloo T, Farquhar M. Promotion of G alpha i3 subunit down-regulation by GIPN, a putative E3 ubiquitin ligase that interacts with RGS-GAIP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8270-5 pubmed..RGS-GAIP functions as a bifunctional adaptor that binds to G alpha subunits through its RGS domain and to GIPN through its cysteine string motif. ..
- Elfenbein A, Rhodes J, Meller J, Schwartz M, Matsuda M, Simons M. Suppression of RhoG activity is mediated by a syndecan 4-synectin-RhoGDI1 complex and is reversed by PKCalpha in a Rac1 activation pathway. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:75-83 pubmed publisher..Previous work has shown that genetic deletion of S4 or its adapter, synectin, leads to depolarized Rac activation, decreased endothelial migration, and other physiological defects...
- Aschenbrenner L, Lee T, Hasson T. Myo6 facilitates the translocation of endocytic vesicles from cell peripheries. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:2728-43 pubmed..b>GIPC, a putative myo6 tail binding protein, was also present...
- Griffon N, Jeanneteau F, Prieur F, Diaz J, Sokoloff P. CLIC6, a member of the intracellular chloride channel family, interacts with dopamine D(2)-like receptors. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;117:47-57 pubmed..partial cDNAs encoding, respectively, for the MUPP1 multi-PDZ protein, for the N-terminal region of radixin, for GIPC and for a 160-amino acid open reading frame sharing high homology with the human CLIC6, also identified as ..
- Reed B, Cefalu C, Bellaire B, Cardelli J, Louis T, Salamon J, et al. GLUT1CBP(TIP2/GIPC1) interactions with GLUT1 and myosin VI: evidence supporting an adapter function for GLUT1CBP. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4183-201 pubmedWe identified a novel interaction between myosin VI and the GLUT1 transporter binding protein GLUT1CBP(GIPC1) and first proposed that as an adapter molecule it might function to couple vesicle-bound proteins to myosin VI movement...
- Liu M, Horowitz A. A PDZ-binding motif as a critical determinant of Rho guanine exchange factor function and cell phenotype. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1880-7 pubmed..The PDZ adaptor protein synectin bound the longer splice variant, Syx1, which was targeted to the plasma membrane in a synectin-dependent manner...