Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gabpa
Description: GA binding protein transcription factor, alpha subunit
Alias: Nrf-2alpha, Nrf2a, GA-binding protein alpha chain, GA binding protein transcription factor, alpha subunit 60kDa, GA repeat binding protein, alpha, nuclear respiratory factor 2 alpha
- Reiff R, Ali B, Baron B, Yu T, Ben Salem S, Coulter M, et al. METTL23, a transcriptional partner of GABPA, is essential for human cognition. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:3456-66 pubmed publisher..Overexpressed METTL23 protein localized to both nucleus and cytoplasm, and physically interacted with GABPA (GA-binding protein transcription factor, alpha subunit)...
- Du K, Leu J, Peng Y, Taub R. Transcriptional up-regulation of the delayed early gene HRS/SRp40 during liver regeneration. Interactions among YY1, GA-binding proteins, and mitogenic signals. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:35208-15 pubmed..The combined effect of small changes in the level of existing transcription factors and mitogenic signals may explain the transcriptional activation of the HRS gene during cell growth. ..
- Jaworski A, Smith C, Burden S. GA-binding protein is dispensable for neuromuscular synapse formation and synapse-specific gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5040-6 pubmed..These data indicate that GABP is dispensable for synapse-specific transcription and maintenance of normal AChR expression at synapses. ..
- Iida R, Ueki M, Yasuda T. Identification of Rhit as a novel transcriptional repressor of human Mpv17-like protein with a mitigating effect on mitochondrial dysfunction, and its transcriptional regulation by FOXD3 and GABP. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:1413-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that M-LPH functions to protect cells from oxidative stress and/or initiation of the mitochondrial apoptotic cascade under stressed conditions. ..
- Venoji R, Amirtharaj G, Kini A, Vanaparthi S, Venkatraman A, Ramachandran A. Enteral glutamine differentially regulates Nrf 2 along the villus-crypt axis of the intestine to enhance glutathione levels. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015;30:1740-7 pubmed publisher..The protective effects of glutamine supplementation seem to be most pronounced in the crypt, where it upregulates proliferation, glutathione levels and alters actin dynamics. ..