Genomes and Genes
G protein coupled receptor kinase 6
Gene Symbol: G protein coupled receptor kinase 6
Description: G protein-coupled receptor kinase 6
Alias: Gprk6, G protein-coupled receptor kinase 6, g protein-coupled receptor kinase GRK6
Products: G protein coupled receptor kinase 6
- Lombardi M, Kavelaars A, Schedlowski M, Bijlsma J, Okihara K, van de Pol M, et al. Decreased expression and activity of G-protein-coupled receptor kinases in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. FASEB J. 1999;13:715-25 pubmed
- Zhou Y, Huang X, Wu H, Xu Y, Tao T, Xu G, et al. Decreased expression and role of GRK6 in spinal cord of rats after chronic constriction injury. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:2168-79 pubmed publisher..All the data indicated that down-regulation of neuronal GRK6 expression induced by cytokine may be a potential mechanism that contributes to increasing neuronal signaling in neuropathic pain. ..
- Firsov D, Elalouf J. Molecular cloning of two rat GRK6 splice variants. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:C953-61 pubmed..The identification of GRK6b extends the family of GRKs. Further studies will be required to establish the tissue and subcellular distribution of this protein and to delineate its physiological role...
- Sun B, Gao Y, Lou D, Wu X, Wei H, Wen H, et al. Expression of G-protein-coupled receptor kinase 6 (GRK6) after acute spinal cord injury in adult rat. J Mol Histol. 2013;44:259-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that GRK6 might be involved in the pathophysiology of SCI. ..
- Ahmed M, Bychkov E, Gurevich V, Benovic J, Gurevich E. Altered expression and subcellular distribution of GRK subtypes in the dopamine-depleted rat basal ganglia is not normalized by l-DOPA treatment. J Neurochem. 2008;104:1622-36 pubmed..The data suggest that alterations in the expression and subcellular distribution of arrestins and GRKs contribute to pathophysiology of Parkinson's disease. Thus, these proteins may be targets for antiparkinsonian therapy. ..
- Hong S, Li H, Becker K, Dawson V, Dawson T. Identification and analysis of plasticity-induced late-response genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2145-50 pubmed..Our results provide a molecular dissection of the activity-dependent long-lasting neuronal responses induced by NMDA receptor activation. ..
- Premont R, Macrae A, Aparicio S, Kendall H, Welch J, Lefkowitz R. The GRK4 subfamily of G protein-coupled receptor kinases. Alternative splicing, gene organization, and sequence conservation. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:29381-9 pubmed..The divergence of individual GRKs at vastly different rates reveals that strikingly different evolutionary pressures apply to the function of the individual GRKs. ..
- Simon V, Robin M, Legrand C, Cohen Tannoudji J. Endogenous G protein-coupled receptor kinase 6 triggers homologous beta-adrenergic receptor desensitization in primary uterine smooth muscle cells. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3058-66 pubmed..Conversely, expression of (K215R)GRK5 or (K220R)GRK2 had no effect on beta-adrenergic signaling. These results strongly suggest that endogenous GRK6 mediate homologous beta-AR desensitization in myometrial cells. ..
- Fehr C, Fickova M, Hiemke C, Reuss S, Dahmen N. Molecular cloning of rat G-protein-coupled receptor kinase 6 (GRK6) from brain tissue, and its mRNA expression in different brain regions and peripheral tissues. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1997;49:278-82 pubmed..7% identical and 97.9% similar to its human counterpart. mRNA was detectable in all brain areas examined. In addition, GRK6 was expressed in skeletal muscle, small intestine, aorta, liver, heart, lung, thymus, stomach, uterus and kidney. ..
- Shenoy S, Lefkowitz R. Angiotensin II-stimulated signaling through G proteins and beta-arrestin. Sci STKE. 2005;2005:cm14 pubmed
- Fraga S, Luo Y, Jose P, Zandi Nejad K, Mount D, Soares da Silva P. Dopamine D1-like receptor-mediated inhibition of Cl/HCO3- exchanger activity in rat intestinal epithelial IEC-6 cells is regulated by G protein-coupled receptor kinase 6 (GRK 6). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2006;18:347-60 pubmed..Dopamine D1 receptors in IEC-6 rapidly desensitize to D1-like agonist stimulation and GRK 6, but not GRK 4, appear to be involved in agonist-mediated responsiveness and desensitization. ..