Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd5
Description: frizzled class receptor 5
Alias: frizzled-5, frizzled family receptor 5, fz-5
- Blumenthal A, Ehlers S, Lauber J, Buer J, Lange C, Goldmann T, et al. The Wingless homolog WNT5A and its receptor Frizzled-5 regulate inflammatory responses of human mononuclear cells induced by microbial stimulation. Blood. 2006;108:965-73 pubmed..We show that human peripheral-blood mononuclear cells express the WNT5A receptor Frizzled-5 (FZD5)...
- Terabayashi T, Funato Y, Fukuda M, Miki H. A coated vesicle-associated kinase of 104 kDa (CVAK104) induces lysosomal degradation of frizzled 5 (Fzd5). J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26716-24 pubmed publisher..Recent studies indicated that Fzd5 is internalized in response to Wnt stimulation to activate downstream signaling pathways...
- Yao R, Natsume Y, Noda T. MAGI-3 is involved in the regulation of the JNK signaling pathway as a scaffold protein for frizzled and Ltap. Oncogene. 2004;23:6023-30 pubmed..These results indicate that MAGI-3 functions as a scaffold protein for frizzled-4 and Ltap and regulates the JNK signaling cascade. ..
- Caricasole A, Ferraro T, Iacovelli L, Barletta E, Caruso A, Melchiorri D, et al. Functional characterization of WNT7A signaling in PC12 cells: interaction with A FZD5 x LRP6 receptor complex and modulation by Dickkopf proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37024-31 pubmed..Our functional analysis indicates that WNT7A can specifically act via a Frizzled-5.LRP6 receptor complex in PC12 cells and that this activity can be antagonized by Dickkopf-1 and Dickkopf-3. ..
- Kubo F, Takeichi M, Nakagawa S. Wnt2b controls retinal cell differentiation at the ciliary marginal zone. Development. 2003;130:587-98 pubmed..These results suggest that Wnt2b functions to maintain undifferentiated progenitor cells in the ciliary marginal zone, and thus serves as a putative stem cell factor in the retina. ..
- Yao R, Maeda T, Takada S, Noda T. Identification of a PDZ domain containing Golgi protein, GOPC, as an interaction partner of frizzled. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:771-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that GOPC may play a role in the vesicle transport of frizzled from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane. ..
- Ishikawa T, Tamai Y, Zorn A, Yoshida H, Seldin M, Nishikawa S, et al. Mouse Wnt receptor gene Fzd5 is essential for yolk sac and placental angiogenesis. Development. 2001;128:25-33 pubmed..investigate the physiological roles of frizzled proteins, we isolated and characterized a novel mouse frizzled gene Fzd5. Fzd5 mRNA was expressed in the yolk sac, eye and lung bud at 9.5 days post coitum...
- Tamai K, Semenov M, Kato Y, Spokony R, Liu C, Katsuyama Y, et al. LDL-receptor-related proteins in Wnt signal transduction. Nature. 2000;407:530-5 pubmed..The extracellular domain of LRP6 bound Wnt-1 and associated with Fz in a Wnt-dependent manner. Our results indicate that LRP6 may be a component of the Wnt receptor complex. ..
- Pereira C, Schaer D, Bachli E, Kurrer M, Schoedon G. Wnt5A/CaMKII signaling contributes to the inflammatory response of macrophages and is a target for the antiinflammatory action of activated protein C and interleukin-10. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:504-10 pubmed publisher..Wnt5A is critically involved in inflammatory macrophage signaling in sepsis and is a target for antiinflammatory mediators like APC or antagonists like sFRP1. ..
- Holmen S, Salic A, Zylstra C, Kirschner M, Williams B. A novel set of Wnt-Frizzled fusion proteins identifies receptor components that activate beta -catenin-dependent signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34727-35 pubmed..The data suggest that the distinction between the two Wnt classes lies not in intrinsic differences in the molecules but via the Frizzled molecules with which they interact. ..
- Carmon K, Loose D. Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 regulates two Wnt7a signaling pathways and inhibits proliferation in endometrial cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1017-28 pubmed publisher..We show here that Wnt7a coimmunoprecipitates with Fzd5, Fzd10, and SFRP4 in Ishikawa cells...
- Liu C, Nathans J. An essential role for frizzled 5 in mammalian ocular development. Development. 2008;135:3567-76 pubmed publisher..Here we show that, in the mouse, loss of frizzled 5 (Fz5) - a putative Wnt receptor expressed in the eye field, optic cup and retina - causes all of these defects ..
- Hao H, Xie Y, Zhang Y, Charlat O, Oster E, Avello M, et al. ZNRF3 promotes Wnt receptor turnover in an R-spondin-sensitive manner. Nature. 2012;485:195-200 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that R-spondin enhances Wnt signalling by inhibiting ZNRF3. Our study provides new mechanistic insights into the regulation of Wnt receptor turnover, and reveals ZNRF3 as a tractable target for therapeutic exploration...
- Xavier C, Melikova M, Chuman Y, Uren A, Baljinnyam B, Rubin J. Secreted Frizzled-related protein potentiation versus inhibition of Wnt3a/?-catenin signaling. Cell Signal. 2014;26:94-101 pubmed publisher..sFRP1 enhanced reporter activity in L cells that were engineered to stably express Frizzled 5, though not Frizzled 2. This implied that the Frizzled expression pattern could determine the response to sFRP1...
- Slater P, Ramirez V, Gonzalez Billault C, Varela Nallar L, Inestrosa N. Frizzled-5 receptor is involved in neuronal polarity and morphogenesis of hippocampal neurons. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78892 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the role of Frizzled-5 (Fzd5) on neuronal development in cultured Sprague-Dawley rat hippocampal neurons...