Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd3
Description: frizzled class receptor 3
Alias: frizzled-3, frizzled family receptor 3
- Daudet N, Ripoll C, Moles J, Rebillard G. Expression of members of Wnt and Frizzled gene families in the postnatal rat cochlea. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;105:98-107 pubmed..These results suggest that the Wnt-Frizzled signaling pathway could be involved in several aspects of late cochlear differentiation and/or auditory function. ..
- Xu Q, Wang Y, Dabdoub A, Smallwood P, Williams J, Woods C, et al. Vascular development in the retina and inner ear: control by Norrin and Frizzled-4, a high-affinity ligand-receptor pair. Cell. 2004;116:883-95 pubmed..These data define a Norrin-Fz4 signaling system that plays a central role in vascular development in the eye and ear, and they indicate that ligands unrelated to Wnts can act through Fz receptors. ..
- Katsu T, Ujike H, Nakano T, Tanaka Y, Nomura A, Nakata K, et al. The human frizzled-3 (FZD3) gene on chromosome 8p21, a receptor gene for Wnt ligands, is associated with the susceptibility to schizophrenia. Neurosci Lett. 2003;353:53-6 pubmed..Of the frizzled proteins, frizzled-3 (FZD3) is required for formation of the neural crest and for development of major fiber tracts in the CNS...
- Zhang Y, Yu X, Yuan Y, Ling Y, Ruan Y, Si T, et al. Positive association of the human frizzled 3 (FZD3) gene haplotype with schizophrenia in Chinese Han population. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2004;129B:16-9 pubmedb>Frizzled 3 (FZD3) gene is located on chromosome 8p21, a region that has been implicated in schizophrenia in genetic linkage studies...
- Davis E, Zou Y, Ghosh A. Wnts acting through canonical and noncanonical signaling pathways exert opposite effects on hippocampal synapse formation. Neural Dev. 2008;3:32 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that the pro- and antisynaptogenic effects of Wnt proteins are associated with the activation of the canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling pathways. ..
- Lyuksyutova A, Lu C, Milanesio N, King L, Guo N, Wang Y, et al. Anterior-posterior guidance of commissural axons by Wnt-frizzled signaling. Science. 2003;302:1984-8 pubmed..Thus, Wnt-Frizzled signaling guides commissural axons along the anterior-posterior axis of the spinal cord. ..
- Punchihewa C, Ferreira A, Cassell R, Rodrigues P, Fujii N. Sequence requirement and subtype specificity in the high-affinity interaction between human frizzled and dishevelled proteins. Protein Sci. 2009;18:994-1002 pubmed publisher..Molecular modeling and circular dichroism studies indicated that the Fz peptides that bind to Dvl PDZ domain form specific conformations that are different from those of nonbinding peptides. ..
- Hashimoto R, Suzuki T, Iwata N, Yamanouchi Y, Kitajima T, Kosuga A, et al. Association study of the frizzled-3 (FZD3) gene with schizophrenia and mood disorders. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2005;112:303-7 pubmed..groups have recently reported a significant association between schizophrenia and genetic variants of Frizzled-3 (FZD3) gene...
- Merte J, Jensen D, Wright K, Sarsfield S, Wang Y, Schekman R, et al. Sec24b selectively sorts Vangl2 to regulate planar cell polarity during neural tube closure. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:41-6; sup pp 1-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, during COPII vesicle formation, Sec24b shows cargo specificity for a core PCP component, Vangl2, of which proper ER-to-Golgi transport is essential for the establishment of PCP, convergent extension and closure of the neural tube. ..
- Tissir F, Qu Y, Montcouquiol M, Zhou L, Komatsu K, Shi D, et al. Lack of cadherins Celsr2 and Celsr3 impairs ependymal ciliogenesis, leading to fatal hydrocephalus. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:700-7 pubmed publisher..The membrane distribution of Vangl2 and Fzd3, two key planar cell polarity proteins, was disturbed in Celsr2 mutants, and even more so in Celsr2 and Celsr3 ..
- Wright M, Aikawa M, Szeto W, Papkoff J. Identification of a Wnt-responsive signal transduction pathway in primary endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:384-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that Wnt signaling may feature in normal differentiation of the vasculature as well as in pathological settings where endothelial and smooth muscle proliferation is disturbed. ..
- Wheeler D, Barrick S, Grubisha M, Brufsky A, Friedman P, Romero G. Direct interaction between NHERF1 and Frizzled regulates ?-catenin signaling. Oncogene. 2011;30:32-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide a novel insight into the regulation of Wnt signaling in normal and neoplastic breast tissues, and identify NHERF1 as an important regulator of the pathogenesis of breast tumors. ..
- Wang Y, Samos C, Peoples R, Perez Jurado L, Nusse R, Francke U. A novel human homologue of the Drosophila frizzled wnt receptor gene binds wingless protein and is in the Williams syndrome deletion at 7q11.23. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:465-72 pubmed..By applying CpG island cloning methods to cosmids from the deletion region, we have identified a new gene, called FZD3. Dosage blotting of DNA from 11 WS probands confirmed that it is located within the commonly deleted region...
- Montcouquiol M, Sans N, Huss D, Kach J, Dickman J, Forge A, et al. Asymmetric localization of Vangl2 and Fz3 indicate novel mechanisms for planar cell polarity in mammals. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5265-75 pubmed..Together, our data support the idea that protein asymmetry plays an important role in the development of PCP, but the colocalization and interaction of Fz3 and Vangl2 suggests that novel PCP mechanisms exist in vertebrates. ..
- Yamada M, Iwabuchi T, Takahashi K, Kurahashi C, Ohata H, Honda K, et al. Identification and expression of frizzled-3 protein in rat frontal cortex after antidepressant and electroconvulsive treatment. J Pharmacol Sci. 2005;99:239-46 pubmed..In conclusion, the Frz3-mediated signaling cascade may be a component of the molecular machinery targeted by therapeutics commonly used to treat depression. ..
- Fenstermaker A, Prasad A, Bechara A, Adolfs Y, Tissir F, Goffinet A, et al. Wnt/planar cell polarity signaling controls the anterior-posterior organization of monoaminergic axons in the brainstem. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16053-64 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that Wnt/planar cell polarity signaling may be a global anterior-posterior guidance mechanism that controls axonal and cellular organization beyond the spinal cord. ..