Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fth1
Description: ferritin heavy chain 1
Alias: Fth, ferritin heavy chain, Ferritin subunit H, ferritin H subunit, ferritin, heavy polypeptide 1
- Festa L, Gutoskey C, Graziano A, Waterhouse B, Meucci O. Induction of Interleukin-1Î² by Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 Viral Proteins Leads to Increased Levels of Neuronal Ferritin Heavy Chain, Synaptic Injury, and Deficits in Flexible Attention. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10550-61 pubmed publisher..Our studies in humans and nonhuman primates indicated that the protein ferritin heavy chain (FHC) is a critical player in neuronal changes and ensuing cognitive deficit observed in these patients...
- Finazzi D, Arosio P. Biology of ferritin in mammals: an update on iron storage, oxidative damage and neurodegeneration. Arch Toxicol. 2014;88:1787-802 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss recent evidence connecting ferritins and the toxicity of iron in a set of neurodegenerative disorder characterized by focal cerebral siderosis. ..
- Tian Y, Zhao J, Zhao B, Gao Q, Xu J, Liu D. The ratio of sTfR/ferritin is associated with the expression level of TfR in rat bone marrow cells after endurance exercise. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;147:261-6 pubmed publisher..01) and sTfR levels (r = 0.206; P < 0.05) in sedentary and exercised rats. In conclusion, we show that sTfR indices and the ratio of sTfR/ferritin could be useful indicators for monitoring iron deficiency during endurance training. ..
- Omiya S, Hikoso S, Imanishi Y, Saito A, Yamaguchi O, Takeda T, et al. Downregulation of ferritin heavy chain increases labile iron pool, oxidative stress and cell death in cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:59-66 pubmed publisherb>Ferritin heavy chain (FHC) protein was significantly reduced in murine failing hearts following left coronary ligation or thoracic transverse aortic constriction...
- Ferreira C, Bucchini D, Martin M, Levi S, Arosio P, Grandchamp B, et al. Early embryonic lethality of H ferritin gene deletion in mice. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3021-4 pubmed..significance of the ferroxidase activity associated with the H subunit, we disrupted the H ferritin gene (Fth) in mice by homologous recombination...
- Leibold E, Aziz N, Brown A, Munro H. Conservation in rat liver of light and heavy subunit sequences of mammalian ferritin. Presence of unique octopeptide in the light subunit. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:4327-34 pubmed..The H-subunit sequence did not contain the octopeptide found as part of the L-subunit sequence. ..
- Murray M, White K, Munro H. Conservation of ferritin heavy subunit gene structure: implications for the regulation of ferritin gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:7438-42 pubmed
- Thulluri S, Wu M, Blough E, Manne N, Litchfield A, Wang B. Regulation of iron-related molecules in the rat hippocampus: sex- and age-associated differences. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2012;42:145-51 pubmed..participate in regulating free iron levels (heme oxygenase 1 (HO1), iron-regulatory protein 1 (IRP1), and ferritin heavy chain (FTH)) and whether changes in the expression of these molecules are associated with differences in the ..
- Krawetz S, Connor W, Cannon P, Dixon G. A vector-primer-cloner-sequencer plasmid for the construction of cDNA libraries: evidence for a rat glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase-like mRNA and a ferritin mRNA within testis. DNA. 1986;5:427-35 pubmed..The utility of this VPCS has been demonstrated by isolating a rat ferritin and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase-like clone. ..
- Wu K, Polack A, Dalla Favera R. Coordinated regulation of iron-controlling genes, H-ferritin and IRP2, by c-MYC. Science. 1999;283:676-9 pubmed..These results indicate that c-MYC coordinately regulates genes controlling intracellular iron concentrations and that this function is essential for the control of cell proliferation and transformation by c-MYC. ..
- Li Y, He Y, Guan Q, Liu W, Han H, Nie Z. Disrupted iron metabolism and ensuing oxidative stress may mediate cognitive dysfunction induced by chronic cerebral hypoperfusion. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2012;150:242-8 pubmed publisher..Western blotting revealed that the expression levels of ferritin heavy chain and the transferrin receptor were significantly elevated in hippocampus and cortex after CCH, whereas ..