Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fshb
Description: follicle stimulating hormone beta subunit
Alias: FSH-B, FSH-beta, follitropin subunit beta, follicle - stimulating hormone subunit beta, follicle stimulating hormone, beta polypeptide, follicle-stimulating hormone subunit beta, follitropin beta chain
- Anti-Müllerian hormone: a new actor of sexual dimorphism in pituitary gonadotrope activity before pubertyGhislaine Garrel
Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Biologie Fonctionnelle et Adaptative BFA, F 75013 Paris, France
Sci Rep 6:23790. 2016..show that AMH is functionally coupled to the Smad pathway in LβT2 gonadotrope cells and dose-dependently increases Fshb transcript levels...
- Rapid communication: A microRNA-132/212 pathway mediates GnRH activation of FSH expressionJérôme Lannes
Department of Biologie Fonctionnelle et Adaptative, Universite Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, F 75013 Paris, France Centre National pour la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8251, F 75013 Paris, France and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 1133, Physiologie de l Axe Gonadotrope, F 75013 Paris, France
Mol Endocrinol 29:364-72. 2015..We first showed that the GnRH stimulation of FSH secretion was reduced and Fshb mRNA abolished by blocking miR-132/212 action in rat pituitary cells...
- Induction of dual-specificity phosphatase 1 (DUSP1) by pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone stimulation: role for gonadotropin subunit expression in mouse pituitary LbetaT2 cellsIndri N Purwana
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo, Japan
Biol Reprod 84:996-1004. 2011..Overexpression of MAP3K1, a kinase upstream of MAPK3/1, increased both the Lhb and the Fshb subunit promoter activities, which could be completely inhibited by cotransfection with DUSP1-expressing vectors...
- Pituitary homeobox 1 activates the rat FSHbeta (rFSHbeta) gene through both direct and indirect interactions with the rFSHbeta gene promoterMarjorie M Zakaria
Endocrine Hypertension Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:1840-52. 2002..These results identify a functional Ptx1 binding site in the rFSHbeta gene promoter and suggest the presence of an additional activating pathway that is independent of direct binding of Ptx1 to the promoter...
- Follicle-stimulating hormone activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT/Ras homolog enriched in brain (Rheb)/mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway is necessary for induction of select protein markers of follicHena Alam
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19431-40. 2004..These results show that FSH enhances HIF-1 activity downstream of the PI 3-kinase/AKT/Rheb/mTOR pathway in GCs and that HIF-1 activity is necessary for FSH to induce multiple follicular differentiation markers...
- The effects of FSH and activin A on follicle development in vitroDavina A Cossigny
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Reproduction 143:221-9. 2012....
- Decreased bone mineral density in rats rendered follicle-deplete by an ovotoxic chemical correlates with changes in follicle-stimulating hormone and inhibin AA L Lukefahr
Department of Medicine, The University of Arizona, 1656 E Mabel Street, PO Box 24 5218, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 90:239-49. 2012..Thus, for the first time, both the hormonal milieu of perimenopause and the association of dynamic perimenopausal changes in FSH and inhibin A with decreased BMD have been reproduced in an animal model...
- The effect of induced anti-follicle-stimulating hormone autoantibody on serum hormone level and apoptosis in rat testisBing Yao
Institute of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Nanjing Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Medical College, Nanjing University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Life Sci 91:83-8. 2012..Anti-follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) autoantibody was found to highly correlate with oligospermia and asthenospermia, but the actual effect of FSH autoantibody on spermatogenesis is still unknown...
- FSH induces the development of circadian clockwork in rat granulosa cells via a gap junction protein Cx43-dependent pathwayHuatao Chen
Department of Animal and Marine Bioresource Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E566-75. 2013..In addition, both lindane and CBX induced a clear phase-delay shift of Per2 oscillations. These findings suggest that FSH induces the development of the clock system by increasing the expression of Cx43...
- Regulation of cyclin D2 expression and degradation by follicle-stimulating hormone during rat granulosa cell proliferation in vitroYingying Han
Department of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Biol Reprod 88:57. 2013....
- Weaning and the developmental changes in follicle-stimulating hormone, pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide, and inhibin B in the male ratJoseph P Moore
Department of Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Biol Reprod 78:752-60. 2008Pituitary Fshb concentrations increase markedly and selectively beginning on Postnatal Day 20 in the male rat...
- Differential time course of FSH/FSH receptor complex endocytosis within sertoli and germ cells during rat testis developmentDominique Segretain
INSERM U 895, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Dev Dyn 239:1113-23. 2010....
- Hormonal regulation of pituitary FSH sialylation in male ratsV Ambao
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas CEDIE, Hospital General de Niños R Gutiérrez, CONICET, Gallo 1330, C1425EFD, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Cell Endocrinol 309:39-47. 2009..ST3Gal III expression remained unchanged in all the experimental conditions examined. These results show that the synthesis of FSH isoforms possessing alpha2,6-linked sialic acid is hormonally regulated in male rats...
- The mechanism responsible for the supraphysiologic gonadotropin surge in females treated with gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist and primed with GnRH antagonistJoelle E Taylor
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Fertil Steril 93:1668-75. 2010..To elucidate the physiologic mechanism responsible for the supraphysiologic gonadotropin release from the pituitary induced by gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist in female rats primed with GnRH antagonist...
- Follicle-stimulating hormone responses to kisspeptin in the female rat at the preovulatory period: modulation by estrogen and progesterone receptorsJ Roa
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Endocrinology 149:5783-90. 2008....
- A composite element that binds basic helix loop helix and basic leucine zipper transcription factors is important for gonadotropin-releasing hormone regulation of the follicle-stimulating hormone beta geneNick A Ciccone
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 0211, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:1908-23. 2008..In conclusion, a composite element bound by both USF and CREB serves to integrate signals for basal and GnRH-stimulated transcription of the rat FSHbeta gene...
- Growth hormone-releasing hormone and glucocorticoids determine the balance between luteinising hormone (LH) beta- and LH beta/follicle-stimulating hormone beta-positive gonadotrophs and somatotrophs in the 14-day-old rat pituitary tissue in aggregate cellK Pals
Laboratory of Cell Pharmacology, University of Leuven, Medical School, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N, Leuven, Belgium
J Neuroendocrinol 20:535-48. 2008..GHRH may not expand the somatotroph population unless glucocorticoid hormone is present to maintain terminal differentiation...
- Local production of the gonadotropic hormones in the rat ovaryTamar D Schirman-Hildesheim
Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cell Endocrinol 282:32-8. 2008..Thus, these findings may imply the existence of a local GnRH-gonadotropin axis in the mammalian ovary that may be involved in the management of processes that lead to ovulation...
- The involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in gonadotropin-releasing hormone-induced gonadotropin alpha- and FSHbeta-subunit genes expression in clonal gonadotroph LbetaT2 cellsSandra Mutiara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo City 693 8501, Shimane Prefecture, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 283:1-11. 2008....
- Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding the beta-subunit of rat follicle-stimulating hormoneS D Gharib
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA
DNA 8:339-49. 1989..The characterization of the rat FSH-beta gene will enable further study of the regulation of rat FSH using in vitro systems...
- Smad3 and Pitx2 cooperate in stimulation of FSHbeta gene transcriptionMagdalena I Suszko
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 281:27-36. 2008..Overall, these data contribute to the emerging molecular mechanism underlying both basal and activin-dependent FSHbeta gene regulation...
- Pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone stimulation of gonadotropin subunit transcription in rat pituitaries: evidence for the involvement of Jun N-terminal kinase but not p38D J Haisenleder
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Endocrinology 149:139-45. 2008..For LHbeta, JNK is essential in mediating responses to pulsatile GnRH. JNK also regulates FSHbeta transcription (i.e. maintaining basal expression) but does not play a role in responses to GnRH...
- A study on co-localization of FSH and its receptor in rat hippocampusChenyu Chu
Department of Neurosurgery, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an City, 710032, China
J Mol Histol 39:49-55. 2008..FSH may regulate the function of hippocampal neurons by ways of paracrine or autocrine. At the same time, GnRH may regulate the function of FSH neuron in hippocampus through GnRH receptor...
- The regulation of FSHbeta transcription by gonadal steroids: testosterone and estradiol modulation of the activin intracellular signaling pathwayLaura L Burger
University of Virginia, Department of Internal Medicine, P O Box 801412, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E277-85. 2007..These findings suggest that T regulates FSHbeta transcription, in part, through modulation of various components of the activin-signaling system...
- Opposing effects of glutathione depletion and follicle-stimulating hormone on reactive oxygen species and apoptosis in cultured preovulatory rat folliclesMiyun Tsai-Turton
Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, University of California Irvine, 5201 California Avenue, Suite 100, Irvine, California 92617, USA
Endocrinology 147:1224-36. 2006..These findings provide evidence that oxidative stress induces apoptosis in preovulatory follicles and that the antiapoptotic effect of FSH is mediated in part by stimulation of follicular GSH synthesis and suppression of ROS production...
- Smad3 mediates activin-induced transcription of follicle-stimulating hormone beta-subunit geneMagdalena I Suszko
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, 2205 Tech Drive, Evanston, IL 60208 USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:1849-58. 2005....
- Synergy between activin A and gonadotropin-releasing hormone in transcriptional activation of the rat follicle-stimulating hormone-beta geneSusan J Gregory
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:237-54. 2005..The results indicate that SMAD3 plays an important role in the synergistic effects of activin and GnRH and demonstrate that this synergy is mediated by a palindromic cis-element located at -266/-259 of the rFSHbeta gene promoter...
- Regulation of luteinizing hormone-beta and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)-beta gene transcription by androgens: testosterone directly stimulates FSH-beta transcription independent from its role on follistatin gene expressionLaura L Burger
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Endocrinology 145:71-8. 2004..The increase in FSH-beta PT in response to T was androgen specific and occurs in the presence of excess FS, suggesting that T stimulates FSH-beta transcription independently of modulation of FS...
- Differential expression of the pituitary gonadotropin subunit genes during male rat sexual maturation: reciprocal relationship between hypothalamic pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide and follicle-stimulating hormone beta expressionJoseph P Moore
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Biol Reprod 69:234-41. 2003..We propose that PACAP contributes to the selective regulation of FSHbeta expression during maturation in the male rat, perhaps via regulation of follistatin...
- Regulation of the rat follicle-stimulating hormone beta-subunit promoter by activinMagdalena I Suszko
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:318-32. 2003..Taken together, these studies suggest that the regulation of FSHbeta is dependent on activin-mediated signaling factors in concert with pituitary-derived nuclear regulatory proteins...
- Regulation of gonadotropin subunit gene transcription by gonadotropin-releasing hormone: measurement of primary transcript ribonucleic acids by quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction assaysA C Dalkin
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine and the Center for Research in Reproduction, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Endocrinology 142:139-46. 2001..Additionally, concentrations are elevated in long term castrates, and following an exogenous GnRH pulse the transcriptional burst is rapid and brief...
- Primary amenorrhoea and infertility due to a mutation in the beta-subunit of follicle-stimulating hormoneC H Matthews
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Nat Genet 5:83-6. 1993..Sequence analysis of the FSH beta-subunit gene indicated that she is homozygous for a two nucleotide frameshift deletion in the coding sequence...
- Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence analysis of complementary deoxyribonucleic acid for the beta-subunit of rat follicle stimulating hormoneR A Maurer
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Mol Endocrinol 1:717-23. 1987..gonadotropin subunit mRNA levels, an effort was made to isolate a cloned cDNA for the beta-subunit of rat FSH (FSH beta)...