Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fosl2
Description: FOS like 2, AP-1 transcription factor subunit
Alias: Fra2, fos-related antigen 2, FOS like 2, AP-1 trancription factor subunit, FRA-2, fos-like antigen 2
- Butler T, Pennypacker K. The transcriptional response to hypoxic insult controlled by FRA-2. Gene Expr. 2005;12:61-7 pubmed..These data suggest that FRA-2 is involved in the transcriptional control of neuroprotective genes and in the switch from aerobic to anaerobic metabolism. ..
- Mercier G, Turque N, Schumacher M. Early activation of transcription factor expression in Schwann cells by progesterone. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;97:137-48 pubmed..Thus, PROG can regulate Schwann cell functions and differentiation by transiently activating specific transcription factors. ..
- Medicherla R, Leers Sucheta S, Luo Y, Azhar S. Impaired activation of AP-1 and altered expression of constituent proteins in rat adrenal during ageing. Mech Ageing Dev. 2001;122:1169-86 pubmed..In adrenals from old rats, a significant decrease in the amount of Fra2 was noted under basal conditions, whereas, substantial decreases in c-Fos, Jun D and c-Jun were observed in ..
- François Bellan A, Guillaumond F, Bosler O, Becquet D. Is light-regulated AP-1 binding in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleus gated by the circadian clock?. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;85:161-70 pubmed..It was then shown that the mechanisms by which the circadian clock gates the photic induction of AP-1 components differed according to the nature of the protein. ..
- Guillaumond F, Becquet D, Bosler O, François Bellan A. Adrenergic inducibility of AP-1 binding in the rat pineal gland depends on prior photoperiod. J Neurochem. 2002;83:157-66 pubmed
- Abell A, Granger D, Johnson N, Vincent Jordan N, Dibble C, Johnson G. Trophoblast stem cell maintenance by fibroblast growth factor 4 requires MEKK4 activation of Jun N-terminal kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2748-61 pubmed publisher..Our results define MEKK4 as a signaling hub for FGF4 activation of JNK that is required for maintenance of TS cells in an undifferentiated state. ..
- Weinberg M, Girotti M, Spencer R. Restraint-induced fra-2 and c-fos expression in the rat forebrain: relationship to stress duration. Neuroscience. 2007;150:478-86 pubmed..Differential basal and stress-induced expression patterns of the fra-2 and c-fos genes are likely to have important functional consequences for AP-1 transcription factor dependent regulation of neural plasticity. ..
- Chang W, Rewari A, Centrella M, McCarthy T. Fos-related antigen 2 controls protein kinase A-induced CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta expression in osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42438-44 pubmed
- Urakami S, Tsuchiya H, Orimoto K, Kobayashi T, Igawa M, Hino O. Overexpression of members of the AP-1 transcriptional factor family from an early stage of renal carcinogenesis and inhibition of cell growth by AP-1 gene antisense oligonucleotides in the Tsc2 gene mutant (Eker) rat model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;241:24-30 pubmed..Thus, the data suggest that overexpression of AP-1 genes might play a crucial role in renal carcinogenesis in the Eker rat model. ..
- Staples L, McGregor I, Hunt G. Long-lasting FosB/DeltaFosB immunoreactivity in the rat brain after repeated cat odor exposure. Neurosci Lett. 2009;462:157-61 pubmed publisher..These findings provide initial evidence that behavioral changes occurring as a result of repeated predatory stress are associated with long-lasting regionally specific neuroadaptations in the brain. ..
- Varghese S, Rydziel S, Canalis E. Basic fibroblast growth factor stimulates collagenase-3 promoter activity in osteoblasts through an activator protein-1-binding site. Endocrinology. 2000;141:2185-91 pubmed..of nuclear extracts revealed that bFGF stimulates the occupancy of AP-1 site by c-Jun, JunB, JunD, c-Fos, FosB, and Fra2. In conclusion, bFGF increases collagenase-3 gene transcription, an effect mediated through an AP-1 site, due to ..
- Won J, Suh H. The differential molecular mechanisms underlying proenkephalin mRNA expression induced by forskolin and phorbol-12-myristic-13-acetate in primary cultured astrocytes. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;84:41-51 pubmed
- Butler T, Pennypacker K. Temporal and regional expression of Fos-related proteins in response to ischemic injury. Brain Res Bull. 2004;63:65-73 pubmed..A further, previously undescribed, expression of FRA-2 in endothelial cells of the core ischemic region was also demonstrated. ..
- Jindal E, Goswami S. In cardiac myoblasts, cellular redox regulates FosB and Fra-1 through multiple cis-regulatory modules. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:1512-21 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that multiple redox signals generate gene-specific modules affecting their expression. ..
- Papachristou D, Pirttiniemi P, Kantomaa T, Agnantis N, Basdra E. Fos- and Jun-related transcription factors are involved in the signal transduction pathway of mechanical loading in condylar chondrocytes. Eur J Orthod. 2006;28:20-6 pubmed
- Sharma S, Richards J. Regulation of AP1 (Jun/Fos) factor expression and activation in ovarian granulosa cells. Relation of JunD and Fra2 to terminal differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:33718-28 pubmed..JunB, c-Jun, c-Fos, and Fra2 were rapidly but transiently induced by FSH in immature granulosa cells...
- Szabo Fresnais N, Blondeau J, Pomerance M. Activation of the cAMP pathway synergistically increases IL-1-induced IL-6 gene expression in FRTL-5 thyroid cells: involvement of AP-1 transcription factors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;284:28-37 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to elucidating the synergistic mechanisms that regulate IL-6 secretion by thyroid cells, and suggest that such mechanisms may be involved in the development of thyroid autoimmune disorders. ..
- Ebihara K, Ishida Y, Takeda R, Abe H, Matsuo H, Kawai K, et al. Differential expression of FosB, c-Fos, and Zif268 in forebrain regions after acute or chronic L-DOPA treatment in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2011;496:90-4 pubmed publisher..In summary, differential expression of three IEG proteins was observed in the forebrain regions during a course of chronic L-DOPA treatment of 6-OHDA-treated hemiparkinsonian rats. ..
- Adiseshaiah P, Papaiahgari S, Vuong H, Kalvakolanu D, Reddy S. Multiple cis-elements mediate the transcriptional activation of human fra-1 by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate in bronchial epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47423-33 pubmed..These results underscore the regulatory role of c-Jun, Jun-D, and Fra-2 in TPA-inducible fra-1 expression in HBE cells in vivo. ..
- Mitchell J, Lye S. Differential expression of activator protein-1 transcription factors in pregnant rat myometrium. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:240-6 pubmed..These data raise the possibility that AP-1 transcription factors integrate endocrine and mechanical signals, leading to myometrial gene expression required for uterine remodeling and the initiation of labor. ..
- Pitchers K, Frohmader K, Vialou V, Mouzon E, Nestler E, Lehman M, et al. ?FosB in the nucleus accumbens is critical for reinforcing effects of sexual reward. Genes Brain Behav. 2010;9:831-40 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings support a critical role for ?FosB expression in the NAc for the reinforcing effects of sexual behavior and sexual experience-induced facilitation of sexual performance. ..
- Watanabe M, Nakajima S, Ohnuki K, Ogawa S, Yamashita M, Nakayama T, et al. AP-1 is involved in ICOS gene expression downstream of TCR/CD28 and cytokine receptor signaling. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:1850-62 pubmed publisher..Microarray analysis revealed that one AP-1 molecule, Fos-related antigen-2 (Fra2), was highly correlated with ICOS expression...
- Foletta V, Sonobe M, Suzuki T, Endo T, Iba H, Cohen D. Cloning and characterisation of the mouse fra-2 gene. Oncogene. 1994;9:3305-11 pubmed..The characterisation of the mouse fra-2 gene provides a basis for analysis of Fra-2 function in the whole animal. ..
- Kwon B, Goltz M, Houpt T. Expression of AP-1 family transcription factors in the amygdala during conditioned taste aversion learning: role for Fra-2. Brain Res. 2008;1207:128-41 pubmed publisher..Changes in Fra-2 and c-Fos expression in the BLA and CeA at the time of conditioning, together with constitutive expression of c-Jun and JunD, may contribute to CTA learning. ..
- Liu X, Kvetnansky R, Serova L, Sollas A, Sabban E. Increased susceptibility to transcriptional changes with novel stressor in adrenal medulla of rats exposed to prolonged cold stress. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;141:19-29 pubmed..The results reveal that sensitization to novel stress in cold pre-exposed animals is manifested by exaggerated response of several transcription factors. ..
- Won J, Suh H. The comparative analysis of proenkephalin mRNA expression induced by cholera toxin and pertussis toxin in primary cultured rat cortical astrocytes. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2001;88:83-93 pubmed..In addition, AP-1 expression or CREB phosphorylation appears not to be involved the potentiative action of DEX on proENK mRNA expression in CTX- and PTX-treated astrocytes. ..
- Mercier G, Turque N, Schumacher M. Rapid effects of triiodothyronine on immediate-early gene expression in Schwann cells. Glia. 2001;35:81-9 pubmed..The present data suggested that T3 may regulate Schwann cell functions and differentiation by transiently activating the expression of specific transcription factors. ..