Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fos
Description: FBJ osteosarcoma oncogene
Alias: c-fos, proto-oncogene c-Fos, FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog, c-fos oncogene, proto-oncogene cFOS, v-fos FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of electrical stimulation of the reticular nucleus of the rat thalamus upon c-fos immunoreactivity in the retrosplenial cortexElizabeth Knyihar-Csillik
Department of Neurology, Albert Szent Gyorgyi University Medical School, University of Szeged, 6, Semmelweis utca, 6701 Szeged, Hungary
Ann Anat 187:245-9. 2005Electrical stimulation of the reticular nucleus of the rat thalamus results in activation of c-fos immunoreactivity in nerve cells of the ipsilateral retrosplenial cortex...
- Differential regulation of c-Fos and FosB in the rat brain after amygdala kindlingTorsten M Madsen
Department of Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry Laboratory, H S Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Cell Mol Neurobiol 26:87-100. 2006Members of the inducible transcription factor Fos family, that are part of the AP-1 complex that binds to the corresponding promoter site, are implicated in the regulation of gene transcription after acute and chronic seizures...
- Increased c-fos gene expression in alpha motoneurons in rat loaded hindlimb muscles with inclined locomotionTakenori Omori
Laboratory of Exercise Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8574, Japan
Neurosci Lett 389:25-9. 2005The potential usefulness of c-fos gene expression as an indicator of the activity level of spinal alpha motoneurons was examined in loaded locomotive rats...
- Strain differences in myenteric neuron number and CCK1 receptor mRNA expression may account for differences in CCK induced c-Fos activationStephen Gulley
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Gastroenterology Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Brain Res 1058:109-19. 2005..a diaminobenzidine reaction enhanced with nickel to compare dorsal vagal complex (DVC) and myenteric neuronal Fos-Like immunoreactivity (Fos-LI), in response to sulfated cholecystokinin-8 (CCK-8) (5, 10, 20, 40 microg/kg), among ..
- Oxytocin attenuates stress-induced c-fos mRNA expression in specific forebrain regions associated with modulation of hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal activityRichard J Windle
University Research Centre for Neuroendocrinology, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 24:2974-82. 2004..and the patterns of neuronal activation after restraint stress were determined by semiquantitative mapping of c-fos mRNA expression...
- Dynamic interaction between medial prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens as a function of both motivational state and reinforcer magnitude: a c-Fos immunocytochemistry studyJustin M Moscarello
Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9660, USA
Brain Res 1169:69-76. 2007..simultaneous variations in motivational state (food deprivation) and reinforcer magnitude (food presentation) on c-Fos immunoreactivity in the pre- and infralimbic medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC), nucleus accumbens (NAcc) core and ..
- The forced swimming-induced behavioural immobility response involves histone H3 phospho-acetylation and c-Fos induction in dentate gyrus granule neurons via activation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/mitogen- and stress-aYalini Chandramohan
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, University of Bristol, Whitson Street, Bristol BS1 3NY, UK
Eur J Neurosci 27:2701-13. 2008..1/2 in mice completely abolished the forced swimming-induced increases in histone H3 phospho-acetylation and c-Fos induction in dentate granule neurons and the behavioural immobility response; (iv) blocking mineralocorticoid ..
- Effects of food deprivation on goal-directed behavior, spontaneous locomotion, and c-Fos immunoreactivity in the amygdalaJ M Moscarello
Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9660, USA
Behav Brain Res 197:9-15. 2009..shown that food deprivation and food presentation produce different patterns of neuronal activity (as measured by c-Fos immunoreactivity) in the medial prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens of rats...
- c-Fos activates glucosylceramide synthase and glycolipid synthesis in PC12 cellsPilar M Crespo
Centro de Investigaciones en Quimica Biologica de Cordoba, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Córdoba X5000HUA, Argentina
J Biol Chem 283:31163-71. 2008It has been demonstrated that c-Fos has, in addition to its well recognized AP-1 transcription factor activity, the capacity to associate to the endoplasmic reticulum and activate key enzymes involved in the synthesis of phospholipids ..
- The effect of MK-801 on motor activity and c-Fos protein expression in the brain of adolescent Wistar ratsVesna Pesic
Department of Neurobiology Institute for Biological Research, University of Belgrade, Bulevar Despota Stefana 142, 11060 Belgrade, Serbia
Brain Res 1321:96-104. 2010..The involvement of the motor cortex and striatum in motor activity was assessed by analyzing changes in c-Fos protein levels that served as an indicator of neuronal activity...
- Fos expression in the prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens following exposure to retrospective timing tasksL Valencia Torres
Psychopharmacology Section, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, Medical School, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Behav Neurosci 125:202-14. 2011..of temporal discrimination tasks is associated with increased neuronal activation in these areas, as revealed by Fos expression, a marker for neuronal activation...
- Eye injuries and foreign bodiesR Reghunath
Nurs J India 83:157-60. 1992
- Rapid effects of triiodothyronine on immediate-early gene expression in Schwann cellsG Mercier
U488 INSERM, Kremlin Bicetre, France
Glia 35:81-9. 2001..Expression of egr-1 (krox-24), egr-2 (krox-20), egr-3, c-jun, junB, c-fos, fosB, fra-1, fra-2, and CREB genes was analyzed by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) in ..
- Modulation of c-myc and c-fos gene expression in regenerating rat liver by 2-mercaptopropionylglycineSujata Ohri
Gene Regulation Laboratory, Centre for Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Cell Biol Int 26:187-92. 2002Expression of the two proto-oncogenes, c- myc and c- fos, in proliferating liver, and the modulation of their expression by 2-mercaptopropionylglycine (MPG) has been investigated...
- Regulation of connexin43 expression by c-fos and c-jun in myometrial cellsJ A Mitchell
Program in Development and Fetal Health, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Cell Commun Adhes 8:299-302. 2001..The transcription factor c-fos is also dramatically increased prior to the onset of labor and is therefore a potential regulator of Cx43...
- Gastric distension induces c-Fos in medullary GLP-1/2-containing neuronsNiels Vrang
Rheoscience, 2610 Rødovre, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R470-8. 2003..5 min, 9 ml total, held for 60 min) in nonanesthetized, freely moving rats produced 12- and 17-fold increases in c-Fos-expressing NTS neurons when distension was mainly in the fundus or corpus, respectively...
- Functional association of immediate early gene c-fos with nuclear matrixN P Borisova
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Chemical Physics Problems, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Chernogolovka, Moscow Region
Bull Exp Biol Med 135:167-70. 2003Accumulation of c-fos gene locus DNA in the nuclear matrix of hepatocyte nuclei was observed during induction of c-fos with cycloheximide...
- Electroacupuncture induces the expression of Fos in rat dorsal horn via capsaicin-insensitive afferentsYasuyuki Uchida
Department of Physiology, Kansai College of Oriental Medicine, 2 11 1 Wakaba, Kumatori, Sennan, Osaka 590 0433, Japan
Brain Res 978:136-40. 2003b>Fos is expressed in rat dorsal horn neurons after electroacupuncture (E-acupuncture), but it is unclear which types of afferent fibers are involved in the expression...
- Fos expression in the rat brain after intraperitoneal injection of Staphylococcus enterotoxin B and the effect of vagotomyXi Wang
Institute of Neurosciences, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Neurochem Res 29:1667-74. 2004..enterotoxin B (SEB) and observe the consequence of preliminary subdiaphragmatic vagotomy on SEB-induced brain Fos expression to clarify the role of the vagus nerve in sensation and transmission of abdominal SEB stimulation...
- Increased activity of activator protein-1 transcription factor components ATF2, c-Jun, and c-Fos in human and mouse autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseNgoc Hang Le
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2724-31. 2005..Here, it is reported that activity of the AP-1 components c-Jun, ATF2, and c-Fos is altered in renal cystic tissue of patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease and of hypomorphic ..
- Brainstem areas activated by diazepam withdrawal as measured by Fos-protein immunoreactivity in ratsLucas Baptista Fontanesi
Instituto de Neurociências and Comportamento INeC, Campus USP, Ribeirao Preto, 14040 901 SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1166:35-46. 2007..In this study, we examined the Fos immunoreactivity in brain structures known to be implicated in the neural substrates of aversion in rats under ..
- Reduced GABA neurotransmission underlies hyperalgesia induced by repeated forced swimming stressHeberto Suarez-Roca
Section of Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Instituto de Investigaciones Clinicas, Facultad de Medicina, University of Zulia, Apartado Postal 23, Maracaibo 4001 A, Venezuela
Behav Brain Res 189:159-69. 2008We determined if cutaneous hyperalgesia and pain-induced c-Fos overexpression in the spinal cord produced by repeated forced swimming (FS) stress in the rat were related to changes in GABA neurotransmission by studying spinal release of ..
- Endogenous prolactin-releasing peptide regulates food intake in rodentsYuki Takayanagi
Division of Brain and Neurophysiology, Department of Physiology, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
J Clin Invest 118:4014-24. 2008..These data suggest that PrRP relays satiety signals within the brain and that selective disturbance of this system can result in obesity and associated metabolic disorders...
- Nitric oxide in the solitary tract nucleus (STn) modulates glucose homeostasis and FOS-ir expression after carotid chemoreceptor stimulationM Lemus
Centro Universitario de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad de Colima, Colima, Col 28045, Mexico
Adv Exp Med Biol 648:403-10. 2009..cells (CChrc) with cyanide (NaCN), on the hyperglycemic reflex with glucose retention by the brain (BGR) and FOS expression (FOS-ir) in the STn...
- The expression of c-Fos and colocalisation of c-Fos and glucocorticoid receptors in brain structures of low and high anxiety rats subjected to extinction trials and re-learning of a conditioned fear responseMałgorzata Lehner
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, 9 Sobieskiego Street, 02 957 Warsaw, Poland
Neurobiol Learn Mem 92:535-43. 2009..We sought to determine the colocalisation of c-Fos and glucocorticoid receptors-immunoreactivity (GR-ir) in HR and LR rats subjected to conditioned fear training, two ..
- Reciprocal patterns of c-Fos expression in the medial prefrontal cortex and amygdala after extinction and renewal of conditioned fearEwelina Knapska
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Learn Mem 16:486-93. 2009..characterizes the neural circuitry underlying the context-dependent retrieval of extinguished fear memories using c-Fos immunohistochemistry...
- Thrombin stimulates RPE cell proliferation by promoting c-Fos-mediated cyclin D1 expressionAlejandro Parrales
Departamento de Neurociencias, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Cell Physiol 222:302-12. 2010..that thrombin activation of PAR-1 promotes cyclin D1 expression at the transcriptional level by stimulating c-Fos expression, mediated by PI3K, MAPK ERK1/2, and conventional PKC activity...
- Distinct neural pathways mediate α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-dependent activation of the forebrainMorten S Thomsen
Neurobiology Research Unit, Copenhagen University Hospital, DK2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cereb Cortex 20:2092-102. 2010..of Broca (HDB) in the basal forebrain (BF) as important targets for alpha(7) nAChR activation, as measured by c-Fos immunoreactivity, a marker of neuronal activation...
- Attention to visual, but not tactile, properties of a stimulus results in activation of FOS protein in the visual thalamic reticular nucleus of ratsIraklis Petrof
School of Psychology, University of St Andrews, St Mary s Quad, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JP, Scotland, United Kingdom
Behav Brain Res 211:248-52. 2010..discriminations for a 1-h period prior to being transcardially perfused and their brains removed and processed for Fos immunocytochemistry...
- Expression and light sensitivity of clock genes Per1 and Per2 and immediate-early gene c-fos within the retina of early postnatal Wistar ratsKristyna Mateju
Department of Neurohumoral Regulations, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic v v i, Prague 14220, Czech Republic
J Comp Neurol 518:3630-44. 2010..elucidate whether, when, and where the transcripts of the clock genes Per1 and Per2 and the immediate early gene c-fos are spontaneously expressed and/or induced by light in the newborn rat retina...
- Inescapable but not escapable stress leads to increased struggling behavior and basolateral amygdala c-fos gene expression in response to subsequent novel stress challengeM S Weinberg
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Neuroscience 170:138-48. 2010..HPA) axis hormonal (corticosterone and adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)), neural (c-fos mRNA) and behavioral (struggling) response to subsequent restraint...
- Stress-induced changes in c-Fos and corticotropin releasing hormone immunoreactivity in the amygdala of the spontaneously hypertensive ratKaren Porter
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, United States
Behav Brain Res 216:543-51. 2011..AJS induced a significant increase in c-Fos-like immunoreactivity (FLI) throughout the caudal-rostral extent of the basolateral, medial, and central (CEA) ..
- NMDA receptor, PKC and ERK prevent fos expression induced by the activation of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors in the spinal trigeminal subnucleus oralisEun Sung Park
Department of Oral Physiology, School of Dentistry and Brain Korea 21, Brain Science and Engineering Institute, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 700 412, Korea
Mol Cells 30:461-6. 2010b>Fos, a protein product of immediate early gene c-fos, has been used as a marker for activation of nociceptive neurons in central nervous system including spinal trigeminal nucleus (Vsp)...
- [Effects of curcumin on behavior and p-ERK, p-CREB, c-fos expression in dorsal root ganglion in chronic constrictive injury rats]Xu Li
Department of Physiology, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325035, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 25:418-22. 2009To investigate the effects of curcumin on the behavior of chronic constrictive injury (CCI) rats and the p-ERK, p-CREB, c-fos expression in dorsal root ganglion.
- [Expression of c-fos in various functional state of rat ovaries]Yue Hui Zheng
Department of Physiology, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 18:88-92. 2002The method of labeled streptavidin biotin was used to study the expression of c-fos in various functional state of rat ovaries and its relationship with the levels of serum estradiol and progesterone.
- Innervation of histamine neurons in the caudal part of the arcuate nucleus of hypothalamus and their activation in response to food deprivation under scheduled feedingH Umehara
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 32:733-6. 2010..Recently, we have found a selective c-Fos expression in the caudal part of the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus (cARC) by food deprivation under scheduled ..
- The effect of CRF2 receptor antagonists on rat conditioned fear responses and c-Fos and CRF expression in the brain limbic structuresA Skorzewska
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, 9 Sobieskiego Street, 02 957 Warsaw, Poland
Behav Brain Res 221:155-65. 2011..2 (CRF(2)) antagonists (antisauvagine-30, astressin-2B), on rat anxiety-like behavior, expression levels of c-Fos and CRF, and plasma corticosterone levels were examined in the present study...
- Differential expression of FosB, c-Fos, and Zif268 in forebrain regions after acute or chronic L-DOPA treatment in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseKosuke Ebihara
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake cho, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Neurosci Lett 496:90-4. 2011..of acute and chronic L-DOPA treatment on the distribution of the immediate-early gene (IEG) proteins (FosB, c-Fos, and Zif268) in forebrain regions in a unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) rat model of Parkinson's disease...
- Delta-sleep inducing peptide (DSIP) and ACTH (4-10) analogue influence fos-induction in the limbic structures of the rat brain under emotional stressK V Sudakov
RK Anokhin Institute of Normal Physiology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, 6, stx 4, B Nikitskaya, 103009 Moscow, Russia
Stress 4:143-53. 2001..of the ACTH (4-10) analogue, ACTH (4-7)-Pro-Gly-Pro, and delta-sleep inducing peptide (DSIP) on the induction of Fos immunoreactivity in the hypothalamic parvocellular paraventricular nucleus (pPVN) and limbic brain regions were ..
- Unconditioned freezing is enhanced in an appetitive context: implications for the contextual dependency of unconditioned fearDayan Knox
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Rachel Upjohn Building, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 97:386-92. 2012..attempted to identify brain regions critical for context-related changes in unconditioned freezing by measuring c-Fos mRNA levels in emotional circuits...
- Novel cues reinstate cocaine-seeking behavior and induce Fos protein expression as effectively as conditioned cuesRyan M Bastle
Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 4501, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:2109-20. 2012..This study examined Fos protein expression in response to cocaine cues or to novel cues as a control for activation produced by test ..
- Individual variations in maternal care early in life correlate with later life decision-making and c-fos expression in prefrontal subregions of ratsFelisa N van Hasselt
SILS CNS, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e37820. 2012..In tissue collected 2 hrs after completion of the task, the correlation between LG and c-fos expression (a marker of neuronal activity) was established in structures important for IGT performance...
- Fos expression in the prefrontal cortex and ventral striatum after exposure to a free-operant timing scheduleL Valencia-Torres
Psychopharmacology Section, Division of Psychiatry, University of Nottingham, UK
Behav Brain Res 235:273-9. 2012..In the present experiment regional Fos expression was compared between rats trained under an immediate timing schedule, the free-operant psychophysical ..
- Isolation rearing attenuates social interaction-induced expression of immediate early gene protein products in the medial prefrontal cortex of male and female ratsVanessa L Wall
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, United States
Physiol Behav 107:440-50. 2012..The protein products of the IEGs c-fos and Arc, as well as the neurotrophic factor BDNF were assessed in medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) subregions (..
- The effect of c-fos on acute myocardial infarction and the significance of metoprolol intervention in a rat modelSong Zhang
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Xinhua Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Cell Biochem Biophys 65:249-55. 2013Over-expression of c-fos may play a role in some diseases. Research pertaining to the expression of c-fos in acute myocardial ınfarction (AMI) is rare, and the detailed role of c-fos in AMI has not been reported...
- Expression and significance of MMP-7, c-Jun and c-Fos in rats skin photoagingLong Quan Shi
Department of Dermatology, Affiliated Hospital of Yan an University, Yan an 716000, Shaanxi Province, China
Asian Pac J Trop Med 6:768-70. 2013To investigate the expression and significance of the MMP-7, c-Jun and c-Fos in rat photoaging skin.
- N-(2-hydroxy phenyl) acetamide produces profound inhibition of c-Fos protein and mRNA expression in the brain of adjuvant-induced arthritic ratsHuma Jawed
H E J Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi, 75270, Pakistan
Mol Cell Biochem 387:81-90. 2014..One of the immediate early gene c-fos is overexpressed during peripheral and central noxious conditions and can be used as a marker for neuronal activity/..
- Nitric oxide in the commissural nucleus tractus solitarii regulates carotid chemoreception hyperglycemic reflex and c-Fos expressionSergio Montero
Centro Universitario de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad de Colima, Ave 25 de Julio s n, Colima 28045, México Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Colima, Ave 25 de Julio s n, Colima 28045, Mexico
Nitric Oxide 36:87-93. 2014..NTS (cNTS) before carotid chemoreceptor anoxic stimulation and measured arterial glucose and the expression of Fos-like immunoreactivity (Fos-ir)...
- Changes of c-fos, malondialdehyde and lactate in brain tissue after global cerebral ischemia under different brain temperaturesHong Zhang
Department of Neurology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430071, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 34:354-8. 2014..The expression of c-fos protein and the levels of malondialdehyde (MDA) and lactate in brain regions were detected by immunochemistry and ..
- Increase in c-Fos and Arc protein in retrosplenial cortex after memory-improving lateral hypothalamic electrical stimulation treatmentElisabeth Kádár
Universitat de Girona, Departament de Biologia, 17071 Girona, Spain
Neurobiol Learn Mem 128:117-24. 2016..hypothalamus (LH), a kind of rewarding deep-brain stimulation, potentiates learning and memory and increases c-Fos protein expression in specific memory-related brain regions. In a previous study, Aldavert-Vera et al...
- Intracranial self-stimulation facilitates active-avoidance retention and induces expression of c-Fos and Nurr1 in rat brain memory systemsLaura Aldavert-Vera
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Departament de Psicobiologia i de Metodologia de les Ciencies de la Salut, Institut de Neurociencies, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Behav Brain Res 250:46-57. 2013..of a two-way active avoidance conditioning (TWAA) show both an improved retention and a pattern of increased c-Fos and Nurr1 protein expression in the amygdala, hippocampus, dorsal striatum and/or lateral hypothalamus...
- Retinoid receptor-specific agonists alleviate experimental glomerulonephritisIngo Lehrke
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F741-51. 2002..Reduction of glomerular c-Fos and GATA-2 mRNA expression levels suggests downregulation of transcription factors required for ET expression...
- [Effects of lanthanum on memory and expression of c-fos mRNA and c-Fos protein of cerebral cortex in rats]Jinghua Yang
Department of Environmental Health, College of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 38:348-51. 2009..To investigate the effects of lanthanum on memory, and explore the corresponding mechanism from immediate early gene expression of cerebral cortex in rats...
- [Effect of intracerebroventricular injection of adrenomedullin on catecholaminergic neurons and expression of c-fos in the rat brain nuclei involved in cardiovascular regulation]Shu Mei Ji
Department of Physiology, Hebei Medical University, Shijazhuang 050017, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 21:146-9. 2005Using double immunohistochemical method for Fos and tyrosine hydroxylase(TH) to examine the effects of intracerebroventricular (icv) administration of adrenomedullin (AM) on catecholaminergic neurons and the expression of c-fos gene in ..
- [Cold stress induces the suppression of splenic NK cell activity and the c-fos expression in rat brain]Xing Hong Jiang
Laboratory of Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Suzhou University, Suzhou 215007, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 18:313-6. 2002To observe the effect of cold stress on the splenic NK cell activity and the c-fos expression in rat brain.
- [Effects of anoxia/reoxygenation on Fos and Jun expression and apoptosis in cultured rat hippocampal neurons]Ai Shi Ding
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 18:213-7. 2002To investigate the effects of anoxia/reoxygenation on Fos and Jun expression and apoptosis in cultured rat hippocampal neurons.
- [The suppression of c-fos in neuron apoptosis induced by heroin]Pei Yan Lu
Department of Forensic Medicine, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 26:321-4. 2010To explore the changes of c-fos in apoptosis of cerebellar granular neuron of neonatal SD rats induced by heroin and the mechanisms of neuronal injury caused by heroin.
- Protective action of endogenously generated H₂S on hypoxia-induced respiratory suppression and its relation to antioxidation and down-regulation of c-fos mRNA in medullary slices of neonatal ratsJi Gang Pan
Department of Physiology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, 3 17 Renmin South Road, Chengdu, 610041 Sichuan, PR China
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 178:230-4. 2011..The protective action of endogenous H(2)S and its relation to antioxidation and down-regulation of c-fos mRNA were investigated in the present study...
- Pontomedullary and hypothalamic distribution of Fos-like immunoreactive neurons after acute exercise in ratsB F Barna
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Science, University of Sao Paulo, 05508 000 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Neuroscience 212:120-30. 2012..Immunohistochemistry of pontomedullary and hypothalamic sections to identify activation (c-Fos expression) of cardiorespiratory areas showed that the no-exercise rats exhibited minimal Fos expression...
- Stress-induced differences in the limbic system Fos expression are more pronounced in rats differing in responsiveness to novelty than social positionIrena Majkutewicz
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Brain Res Bull 89:31-40. 2012..such individual behavioural profiles as locomotor response to novelty or social position and the activation (Fos expression) of the brain's limbic regions following chronic laboratory and social interaction stress...
- ERK is involved in tooth-pressure-induced Fos expression in Vc neuronsM Hasegawa
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan
J Dent Res 91:1141-6. 2012..In addition, the tooth mechanical pressure led to Fos expression in the pERK-positive Vc neurons that would be suppressed by intrathecal administration of an MEK1/2 ..
- Olfactory signals mediate social buffering of conditioned fear responses in male ratsYuji Takahashi
Laboratory of Veterinary Ethology, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Behav Brain Res 240:46-51. 2013..When the subjects were tested in the clean test box, they showed behavioral fear responses and enhanced Fos expression in the paraventricular nucleus...
- Modulation of cellular AP-1 DNA binding activity by heat shock proteinsD A Carter
School of Molecular and Medical Biosciences, Cardiff University of Wales, UK
FEBS Lett 416:81-5. 1997..Further studies on the effect of Hsps on recombinant Fos/Jun protein binding activity indicated that the mechanism of action involves a selective attenuation of high ..
- Using c-fos as a neural marker of painJ A Harris
School of Psychology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Brain Res Bull 45:1-8. 1998Just over a decade has past since Hunt et al. reported that the gene c-fos and its protein product Fos are expressed in the spinal cord of rats subjected to peripheral noxious stimulation...
- Regulation of AP1 (Jun/Fos) factor expression and activation in ovarian granulosa cells. Relation of JunD and Fra2 to terminal differentiationS C Sharma
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 275:33718-28. 2000..The expression patterns of Jun and Fos family members in response to hormones (follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), and cAMP) ..
- Expression of the c-fos gene during emotional stress in rats: the clocking effect of delta sleep-inducing peptideK V Sudakov
P K Anokhin Science Research Institute of Normal Physiology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Building 4, 6 B Nikitskaya Street 103009 Moscow, Russia
Neurosci Behav Physiol 31:635-40. 2001Emotional stress induced more marked increases in the expression of the c-fos gene in limbo-reticular structures of the brain in rats prognostically predisposed to emotional stress. I.p...
- Male rats exposed to cocaine in utero demonstrate elevated expression of Fos in the prefrontal cortex in response to environmentBret A Morrow
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520 8066, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:275-85. 2002..we examined the effects of intravenous prenatal cocaine exposure on the expression of the immediate-early gene, c-fos, in the adolescent offspring to determine potential sites of disruption...
- Differential expression of c-fos and tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA in the adrenal gland of the infant rat: evidence for an adrenal hyporesponsive periodDarren K Okimoto
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Endocrinology 143:1717-25. 2002..injected with isotonic saline and adrenal glands were collected at 30, 60, and 120 min post injection to examine c-fos and tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA levels using in situ hybridization...
- Regulation of carbachol-induced c-fos mRNA expression in AR42J cells by somatostatin receptor subtypes 1, 2, and 3Robert A Cowles
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Pancreas 25:239-44. 2002..Although several studies have examined which SSTR subtypes control gastrointestinal function, effects of somatostatin on pancreatic gene expression are not well defined...
- [Depression-like changes in behavior and c-fos gene expression in dopaminergic brain structures in WAG/Rij rats]K Iu Sarkisova
Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Zh Vyssh Nerv Deiat Im I P Pavlova 52:733-42. 2002..Behavioral "despair" induced by forced swimming led to C-fos gene expression in three brain structures (frontal cortex, nucleus accumbens, and striatum), which are, ..
- Differential induction and decay curves of c-fos and zif268 revealed through dual activity mapsShahin Zangenehpour
Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Ave, Montreal, QC H3A 1B1, Canada
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 109:221-5. 2002..Here, we provide a complete up- and downregulation profile for both the c-fos and zif268 genes, as determined through combined in situ hybridization and immunocytochemical detection of the mRNA ..
- Preliminary characterisation of mechanoresponsive regions of the c-fos promoter in bone cellsMatthew A Peake
Centre for Science and Technology in Medicine, School of Medicine, Keele University, North Staffordshire Hospital, Hartshill, Stoke on Trent, UK
FEBS Lett 537:117-20. 2003Preliminary analysis of the mechanisms involved in induction of stretch-mediated transcriptional activity in the c-fos promoter of bone has been undertaken using a series of c-fos promoter-reporter constructs...
- c-Fos is essential for the response of the tyrosine hydroxylase gene to depolarization or phorbol esterBaoyong Sun
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurochem 85:1421-30. 2003..To investigate whether c-Fos is essential for the response of the TH gene to different stimuli, c-Fos-deficient PC12 cell lines were produced ..
- Gender-specific effects of social housing on chronic stress-induced limbic Fos expressionC Westenbroek
Department of Psychiatry, Graduate School of Behavioral Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, PO Box 30 001, 9700, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 121:189-99. 2003..activity after chronic stress was measured in several limbic brain areas with the neuronal activation marker c-fos. High behavioural activity due to housing rats under reversed light-dark conditions could be responsible for the ..
- Change in the expression of c-fos in the rat brain following sciatic nerve ligationMinoru Narita
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Neurosci Lett 352:231-3. 2003A little or none is known about the direct evidence for the possible change in the expression of c-fos at the supraspinal level after nerve injury...
- Functional organisation of central cardiovascular pathways: studies using c-fos gene expressionR A L Dampney
Department of Physiology and Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Prog Neurobiol 71:359-84. 2003..recently, however, many studies have used the method of the expression of immediate early genes, particularly the c-fos gene, to identify populations of central neurons that are activated by such challenges in conscious animals...
- Glutamate receptor-mediated regulation of c-fos expression in cultured microgliaSu Yong Eun
Division of Brain Diseases, Department of Biomedical Sciences, National Institute of Health, 5 Nokbun dong, Eunpyung Ku, Seoul 122 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:320-7. 2004..Here, we investigated the role of glutamate receptor on c-fos gene expression in primary cultured and BV-2 microglia...
- Orexin and MCH neurons express c-Fos differently after sleep deprivation vs. recovery and bear different adrenergic receptorsMandana Modirrousta
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Eur J Neurosci 21:2807-16. 2005..In the present study in rats, we tested whether they express c-Fos differently after total sleep deprivation (SD) vs. sleep recovery (SR)...
- GFAP and Fos immunoreactivity in lumbo-sacral spinal cord and medulla oblongata after chronic colonic inflammation in ratsYi ning Sun
Department of Gastroenterology, The Second Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710004, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:4827-32. 2005..To investigate the response of astrocytes and neurons in rat lumbo-sacral spinal cord and medulla oblongata induced by chronic colonic inflammation, and the relationship between them...
- Granule cells in the cochlear nucleus sensitive to sound activation detected by Fos protein expressionY Yang
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 3401, USA
Neuroscience 136:865-82. 2005..Here, we use Fos, the nuclear regulatory protein, as a neuronal activity marker to determine the responsiveness of granule cells to ..
- Increased Fos immunoreactivity in suprachiasmatic nucleus before luteinizing hormone surge in estrogen-treated ovariectomized female ratsShinji Tsukahara
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Nada Ku, Kobe, Japan
Neuroendocrinology 83:303-12. 2006..The present study was designed to examine temporal patterns of Fos expression in the dorsomedial and ventrolateral parts of the SCN (SCNdm and SCNvl) of female rats during an LH ..
- [Expression of c-fos and NR2A in auditory cortex of rats experienced tinnitus]Ming Hui Jia
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 41:451-4. 2006To investigate the plasticity and the role of plasticity in the auditory cortex of rats which experienced tinnitus by screening the plasticity markers immediately early gene c-fos and the NMDA receptor's subtype NR2A.
- Effects of short- and long-term estrogen and progesterone replacement on behavioral responses and c-fos mRNA levels in female rats after acute cocaine administrationTipyamol Niyomchai
Department of Psychology, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10021, USA
Brain Res 1126:193-9. 2006..Although cocaine increased levels of c-fos mRNA, none of the estrogen or progesterone replacement paradigms affected this measure...
- Activation of group II metabotropic glutamate receptors attenuates both stress and cue-induced ethanol-seeking and modulates c-fos expression in the hippocampus and amygdalaYu Zhao
Molecular and Integrative Neurosciences Department, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 26:9967-74. 2006..In parallel, brain c-fos expression was examined to identify neural substrates for the behavioral effects of group II mGluR activation...
- Contribution of REM sleep to Fos and FRA expression in the vestibular nuclei of rat leading to vestibular adaptation during the STS-90 Neurolab MissionO Pompeiano
Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica, Universita di Pisa, Via San Zeno 31, 56127 Pisa
Arch Ital Biol 145:55-85. 2007..also Pompeiano, 1967, 1970, 1974 for ref.). 2. In a previous study (Pompeiano et al., 2002) changes in Fos and FRA expression were used to identify the short-term (Fos) and the long-term (FRA) molecular changes which ..
- c-Fos expression related to sexual satiety in the male rat forebrainB V Phillips-Farfán
Department of Pharmacobiology, CINVESTAV, Mexico City, Mexico
Physiol Behav 91:609-19. 2007..To investigate the brain areas that may regulate sexual satiety, c-Fos expression was studied in different groups of sexually experienced male rats: controls not allowed to copulate, ..
- Sequential actions of ERK1/2 on the AP-1 transcription factor allow temporal integration of metabolic signals in pancreatic beta cellsDominique A Glauser
Fondation pour Recherches Medicales, University of Geneva, Switzerland
FASEB J 21:3240-9. 2007The AP-1 transcription factor composed of fos and jun gene products mediates transcriptional responses to hormonal and metabolic stimulations of pancreatic beta cells...
- c-fos gene expression is increased in the paraventricular hypothalamic nucleus of Sprague-Dawley rats with visceral pain induced by acetic acid without detectable changes of corticotrophin-releasing factor mRNA: a quantitative approach with an image analyBang H Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:406-13. 2007This study is the first of its kind to demonstrate that c-Fos immunoreactivity (ir) together with c-fos mRNA in their immediately adjacent tissue sections of a discrete brain region can be reliably measured...
- Glucocorticoid modulation of atrial natriuretic peptide, oxytocin, vasopressin and Fos expression in response to osmotic, angiotensinergic and cholinergic stimulationF Lauand
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Avenida dos Bandeirantes, 3900 Monte Alegre, CEP 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Neuroscience 147:247-57. 2007..c.v. microinjections of 0.15 M and 0.30 M NaCl, angiotensin-II (ANG-II) and carbachol. We also evaluated the Fos protein immunoreactivity in the median preoptic (MnPO), paraventricular (PVN) and supraoptic (SON) nuclei...
- Expression of c-Fos in the parabrachial nucleus following peripheral nerve injury in ratsStanislava Jergova
Institute of Neurobiology, Centre of Excellence, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Soltesovej 4, 04001 Kosice, Slovak Republic
Eur J Pain 12:172-9. 2008Chronic constriction injury (CCI) of the sciatic nerve in rats evokes c-Fos expression at spinal cord level...
- Differential activation of c-fos immunoreactivity after hypophysectomy in developing and adult ratsQiuju Yuan
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:1050-6. 2007The aim of the present study is to compare c-fos expression in identified hypothalamic vasopressin (AVP) and oxytocin (OT) neurons in developing (PN7 and PN14) and adult rats following hypophysectomy using dual-labeled immunostaining...
- Heterodimerization with Jun family members regulates c-Fos nucleocytoplasmic trafficCecile E Malnou
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, CNRS, UMR5535, 1919 Route de Mende, Montpellier F 34293, France
J Biol Chem 282:31046-59. 2007c-Fos proto-oncoprotein forms AP-1 transcription complexes with heterodimerization partners such as c-Jun, JunB, and JunD. Thereby, it controls essential cell functions and exerts tumorigenic actions...
- Expression of c-Fos and CRF in the brains of rats differing in the strength of a fear responseMałgorzata Lehner
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, 9 Sobieskiego Street, 02 957 Warsaw, Poland
Behav Brain Res 188:154-67. 2008..It was shown that different natural patterns of responding to conditioned aversive stimuli are associated with different involvement of brain structures and with dissimilar neurochemical mechanisms...
- In vivo correlation between c-Fos expression and corticotroph stimulation by adrenocorticotrophic hormone secretagogues in rat anterior pituitary glandShu Takigami
Department of Anatomy, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Shimotsuke shi, Tochigi, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 331:589-94. 2008In the anterior pituitary gland, c-Fos expression is evoked by various stimuli. However, whether c-Fos expression is directly related to the stimulation of anterior pituitary cells by hypothalamic secretagogues is unclear...
- hnRNP-R regulates the PMA-induced c-fos expression in retinal cellsJia Huang
Laboratory of Genomic Physiology, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai, 200032, PR China
Cell Mol Biol Lett 13:303-11. 2008This study focused on the function of hnRNP-R in the regulation of c-fos expression...
- Activation of the cAMP pathway synergistically increases IL-1-induced IL-6 gene expression in FRTL-5 thyroid cells: involvement of AP-1 transcription factorsNicolas Szabo-Fresnais
INSERM U 486, Faculte de Pharmacie, F 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
Mol Cell Endocrinol 284:28-37. 2008..The DNA binding activity of AP-1 transcription factors and the expression of c-Fos and Fra-2 proteins, were all enhanced when the cAMP and IL-1 signalling pathways were both stimulated...
- Patterns of fos activation in rat raphe nuclei during feeding behaviorLuiz Fernando Takase
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Department of Anatomy, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brain Res 1200:10-8. 2008..The MFI and MFC groups, which presented greater autonomic and somatic activation, had more FOS-immunoreactive (FOS-IR) neurons...
- Contact with infants modulates anxiety-generated c-fos activity in the brains of postpartum ratsCarl D Smith
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, United States
Behav Brain Res 190:193-200. 2008..We examined c-fos expression in lactating rats whose pups were removed for 4h to increase mothers' anxiety, or not removed to ..
- Time-course of immediate early gene expression in hippocampal subregions of adrenalectomized rats after acute corticosterone challengeAnita C Hansson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 10401 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res 1215:1-10. 2008..We examined the region- and time-dependent transcriptional profiles of six IEGs (c-fos, fosB, fra-1, junB, c-jun and egr-1) by in situ hybridization after acute corticosterone challenge in the ..
- Patterns of FOS expression in the spinal cord and periaqueductal grey matter of 6OHDA-lesioned ratsStephanie Reyes
Department Anatomy and Histology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Neurosci 118:1053-79. 2008..This study explores the patterns of Fos expression (a well-known marker for changes in cell activity) in the spinal cord and periaqueductal grey matter (..
- Mechanism of Estrogen's Inhibitory Effects on FeedingLISA ECKEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..A second goal is to use c-Fos immunocytochemistry, a marker of neuronal activity, to determine whether increased sensitivity to the satiety ..