Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fkbp4
Description: FK506 binding protein 4
Alias: FKBP-4, FKBP-52, p59, peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP4, 52 kDa FK506-binding protein, 52 kDa FKBP, 59 kDa immunophilin, FK506 binding protein 52, FKBP52 protein, FKBP59, HBI, HSP-binding immunophilin, PPIase FKBP4, immunophilin FKBP52, rotamase
- Davies T, Ning Y, SANCHEZ E. A new first step in activation of steroid receptors: hormone-induced switching of FKBP51 and FKBP52 immunophilins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:4597-600 pubmed
- Cheung Flynn J, Prapapanich V, Cox M, Riggs D, Suarez Quian C, Smith D. Physiological role for the cochaperone FKBP52 in androgen receptor signaling. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1654-66 pubmed..We conclude that FKBP52 is an AR folding factor that has critically important physiological roles in some male reproductive tissues. ..
- Pratt W, Morishima Y, Murphy M, Harrell M. Chaperoning of glucocorticoid receptors. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2006;:111-38 pubmed
- Smith D, Toft D. Minireview: the intersection of steroid receptors with molecular chaperones: observations and questions. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:2229-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we point out several areas in need of investigation to encourage new ideas and participants in this burgeoning field. ..
- Chambraud B, Sardin E, Giustiniani J, Dounane O, Schumacher M, Goedert M, et al. A role for FKBP52 in Tau protein function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2658-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate a role for FKBP52 in Tau function and may help to decipher and modulate the events involved in Tau-induced neurodegeneration. ..
- Yang J, Fuller P. Interactions of the mineralocorticoid receptor--within and without. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;350:196-205 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss the current understanding of interactions involving the MR and highlight their relevance to ligand- or tissue-specificity as well as their suitability as therapeutic targets. ..