Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fdps
Description: farnesyl diphosphate synthase
Alias: Ac2-125, FPS, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase, (2E,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase, CR 39, FPP synthase, FPP synthetase, cholesterol-regulated 39 kDa protein, dimethylallyltranstransferase, farnesyl diphosphate synthase (farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, dimethylallyltranstransferase, geranyltranstransferase), farnesyl diphosphate synthetase, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, geranyltranstransferase, testis-specific farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase
- Inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase attenuates angiotensin II-induced fibrotic responses in vascular smooth muscle cellsChang Qing Du
Department of Cardiology, Zhejiang Hospital, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310013, P R China
Int J Mol Med 35:1767-72. 2015..b>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS) plays an important role in cardiovascular remodeling through the modulation of the above-..
- Inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase prevents angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis in vitroZ Li
Department of Cardiology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
Clin Exp Immunol 176:429-37. 2014b>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS)-catalysed isoprenoid intermediates are important for the activation of Ras homologue gene family, member A (RhoA) in angiotensin (Ang) II-induced cardiac fibrosis...
- Localization of the pre-squalene segment of the isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway in mammalian peroxisomesWerner J Kovacs
Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 127:273-90. 2007....
- An integrated genetic linkage map with 1,137 markers constructed from five F2 crosses of autoimmune disease-prone and -resistant inbred rat strainsS V Dracheva
The Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 63:202-26. 2000..Two hundred forty genes are incorporated in the map. This integrated map should allow comparison of rat genetic maps from different groups and thereby facilitate genetic studies of rat autoimmune and related disease models...
- Chronic inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase attenuates cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis in spontaneously hypertensive ratsLiang Li
Institute of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, PR China
Biochem Pharmacol 79:399-406. 2010b>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS), an essential enzyme in the mevalonate pathway, was reported to be upregulated in young spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) when compared with Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats, and this was accompanied by ..
- Inhibition of farnesylpyrophosphate synthase prevents angiotensin II-induced hypertrophic responses in rat neonatal cardiomyocytes: involvement of the RhoA/Rho kinase pathwayYang Ye
Institute of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 79 Qing Chun Road, Hangzhou 310003, PR China
FEBS Lett 583:2997-3003. 2009..The anti-hypertrophic effects of inhibition of FPP synthase with alendronate in Ang II-cultured neonatal cardiomyocytes were partially reversed by geranylgeranyol (GGOH) ..
- Alendronate lowers cholesterol synthesis in the central nervous system of rats - a preliminary studyL Cibickova
Second Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 58:455-8. 2009..In conclusion, this study brings the first experimental evidence of the inhibition of cholesterol biosynthesis with alendronate in central nervous system...
- Defects of cholesterol biosynthesisHans R Waterham
Laboratory Genetic Metabolic Diseases, F0 224, Department of Pediatrics Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 580:5442-9. 2006..The etiology of the underlying pathophysiology may involve multiple affected processes due to lowered cholesterol and/or the elevated, teratogenic levels of the intermediate sterol precursors...
- Hepatic farnesyl diphosphate synthase expression is suppressed by polyunsaturated fatty acidsCatherine Le Jossic-Corcos
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire GDR CNRS no 2583, Universite de Bourgogne, 21000 Dijon, France
Biochem J 385:787-94. 2005..involved, we examined how tuna fish oil and individual n-3 and n-6 PUFA affect the expression of hepatic FPP synthase (farnesyl diphosphate synthase), a SREBP (sterol regulatory element-binding protein) target enzyme that is ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) activators induce hepatic farnesyl diphosphate synthase gene expression in rodentsCatherine Le Jossic-Corcos
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire GDR CNRS no 2583, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon 21000, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 88:203-11. 2004..cholesterol synthesis, we analysed the effect of fibrates on expression of the farnesyl diphosphate synthase (FPP synthase) gene, known to be regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding proteins (SREBPs), in conjunction with HMG-..
- Androgens stimulate coordinated lipogenic gene expression in normal target tissues in vivoHannelore Heemers
Faculty of Medicine, LEGENDO, Onderwijs en Navorsing 9, Gasthuisberg, K U Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Mol Cell Endocrinol 205:21-31. 2003..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for a coordinate regulation of lipogenic gene expression not only in prostate cancer cell lines in culture but also in non-cancerous androgen-responsive tissues in vivo...
- Molecular cloning and promoter analysis of the rat liver farnesyl diphosphate synthase geneD H Spear
Department of Biologicl Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine 90024
J Biol Chem 267:14462-9. 1992..Further mutational and deletion analysis of the FPP synthase promoter-CAT constructs followed by stable transfection and primer extension of the CAT mRNA levels indicated ..
- Differential binding of proteins to peroxisomes in rat hepatoma cells: unique association of enzymes involved in isoprenoid metabolismS D Gupta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
J Lipid Res 40:1572-84. 1999..Based on these observations, the significance and a possible regulatory model in the formation of isoprenoid end-products are discussed...
- An integrated rat genetic map: analysis of linkage conservation with the mouse and human mapsE F Remmers
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transplant Proc 31:1549-54. 1999
- Farnesyl-diphosphate synthase is localized in peroxisomesS K Krisans
Department of Biology, San Diego State University, California 92182
J Biol Chem 269:14165-9. 1994In this study, we have investigated the subcellular localization of farnesyl-diphosphate synthase (FPP synthase)...
- Isoprenoid biosynthesis in rat liver mitochondria. Studies on farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase and trans-prenyltransferaseM Runquist
Department of Biochemistry, Arrhenius Laboratories for the Natural Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden
J Biol Chem 269:5804-9. 1994..In this reaction sequence intermediate formation of farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) predominates, and the FPP synthase activity was studied in more detail...
- Molecular cloning and sequence of a cholesterol-repressible enzyme related to prenyltransferase in the isoprene biosynthetic pathwayC F Clarke
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Mol Cell Biol 7:3138-46. 1987..Thus, alterations in the rate of cholesterogenesis resulted in the coordinate regulation of three mRNAs encoding HMG-CoA reductase, HMG-CoA synthase, and CR39, the latter being tentatively identified as prenyltransferase...
- Identification and regulation of a rat liver cDNA encoding farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetaseM N Ashby
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
J Biol Chem 264:635-40. 1989..We conclude that CR39 encodes the prenyltransferase of cholesterol biosynthesis, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase. Furthermore, in the liver this enzyme shows coordinate regulation with two other enzymes, 3-hydroxy-..
- Testis-specific transcription initiation sites of rat farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase mRNAJ H Teruya
Division of Cardiology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine 90024 1736
Mol Cell Biol 10:2315-26. 1990..In testis, an FPP synthetase-related RNA was detected that was larger than the liver FPP synthetase mRNA and was present at very high ..
- Testis-specific transcripts of rat farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase are developmentally regulated and localized to haploid germ cellsJ H Teruya
Division of Cardiology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine 90024
Biol Reprod 44:663-71. 1991A rat farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) synthetase cDNA was used to study the expression of FPP synthetase mRNA levels during spermatogenesis in the rat...
- Pituitary regulation of the expression of the farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase gene in the testes of the sexually maturing ratS J Nazian
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa 33612
J Androl 12:264-72. 1991..the coordinate regulation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase and farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, the authors observed that rat testes contained high levels of a farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase ..