Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fdps
Description: farnesyl diphosphate synthase
Alias: Ac2-125, FPS, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase, (2E,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase, CR 39, FPP synthase, FPP synthetase, cholesterol-regulated 39 kDa protein, dimethylallyltranstransferase, farnesyl diphosphate synthase (farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, dimethylallyltranstransferase, geranyltranstransferase), farnesyl diphosphate synthetase, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, geranyltranstransferase, testis-specific farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase
- Du C, Liu X, Zeng G, Jin H, Tang L. Inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase attenuates angiotensin II-induced fibrotic responses in vascular smooth muscle cells. Int J Mol Med. 2015;35:1767-72 pubmed publisher..b>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS) plays an important role in cardiovascular remodeling through the modulation of the above-..
- Dracheva S, Remmers E, Chen S, Chang L, Gulko P, Kawahito Y, et al. An integrated genetic linkage map with 1,137 markers constructed from five F2 crosses of autoimmune disease-prone and -resistant inbred rat strains. Genomics. 2000;63:202-26 pubmed..Two hundred forty genes are incorporated in the map. This integrated map should allow comparison of rat genetic maps from different groups and thereby facilitate genetic studies of rat autoimmune and related disease models. ..
- Le Jossic Corcos C, Gonthier C, Zaghini I, Logette E, Shechter I, Bournot P. Hepatic farnesyl diphosphate synthase expression is suppressed by polyunsaturated fatty acids. Biochem J. 2005;385:787-94 pubmed..involved, we examined how tuna fish oil and individual n-3 and n-6 PUFA affect the expression of hepatic FPP synthase (farnesyl diphosphate synthase), a SREBP (sterol regulatory element-binding protein) target enzyme that is ..
- Remmers E, Griffiths M, Longman R, Gulko P, Kawahito Y, Chen S, et al. An integrated rat genetic map: analysis of linkage conservation with the mouse and human maps. Transplant Proc. 1999;31:1549-54 pubmed
- Clarke C, Tanaka R, Svenson K, Wamsley M, Fogelman A, Edwards P. Molecular cloning and sequence of a cholesterol-repressible enzyme related to prenyltransferase in the isoprene biosynthetic pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 1987;7:3138-46 pubmed..Thus, alterations in the rate of cholesterogenesis resulted in the coordinate regulation of three mRNAs encoding HMG-CoA reductase, HMG-CoA synthase, and CR39, the latter being tentatively identified as prenyltransferase. ..
- Waterham H. Defects of cholesterol biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5442-9 pubmed..The etiology of the underlying pathophysiology may involve multiple affected processes due to lowered cholesterol and/or the elevated, teratogenic levels of the intermediate sterol precursors. ..
- Le Jossic Corcos C, Pastori G, Duclos S, Kawabe Y, Pineau T, Bournot P. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) activators induce hepatic farnesyl diphosphate synthase gene expression in rodents. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;88:203-11 pubmed..cholesterol synthesis, we analysed the effect of fibrates on expression of the farnesyl diphosphate synthase (FPP synthase) gene, known to be regulated by sterol regulatory element-binding proteins (SREBPs), in conjunction with HMG-..
- Li Z, Bi X, Wang M, Zhang J, Song J, Shen X, et al. Inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase prevents angiotensin II-induced cardiac fibrosis in vitro. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;176:429-37 pubmed publisherb>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS)-catalysed isoprenoid intermediates are important for the activation of Ras homologue gene family, member A (RhoA) in angiotensin (Ang) II-induced cardiac fibrosis...
- Teruya J, Salido E, Edwards P, Clarke C. Testis-specific transcripts of rat farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase are developmentally regulated and localized to haploid germ cells. Biol Reprod. 1991;44:663-71 pubmedA rat farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) synthetase cDNA was used to study the expression of FPP synthetase mRNA levels during spermatogenesis in the rat...
- Teruya J, Kutsunai S, Spear D, Edwards P, Clarke C. Testis-specific transcription initiation sites of rat farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase mRNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2315-26 pubmed..In testis, an FPP synthetase-related RNA was detected that was larger than the liver FPP synthetase mRNA and was present at very high ..
- Gupta S, Mehan R, Tansey T, Chen H, Goping G, Goldberg I, et al. Differential binding of proteins to peroxisomes in rat hepatoma cells: unique association of enzymes involved in isoprenoid metabolism. J Lipid Res. 1999;40:1572-84 pubmed..Based on these observations, the significance and a possible regulatory model in the formation of isoprenoid end-products are discussed. ..
- Spear D, Kutsunai S, Correll C, Edwards P. Molecular cloning and promoter analysis of the rat liver farnesyl diphosphate synthase gene. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:14462-9 pubmed..Further mutational and deletion analysis of the FPP synthase promoter-CAT constructs followed by stable transfection and primer extension of the CAT mRNA levels indicated ..
- Cibickova L, Hyspler R, Cibicek N, Cermakova E, Palicka V. Alendronate lowers cholesterol synthesis in the central nervous system of rats - a preliminary study. Physiol Res. 2009;58:455-8 pubmed..In conclusion, this study brings the first experimental evidence of the inhibition of cholesterol biosynthesis with alendronate in central nervous system. ..
- Li L, Chen G, Yang Y, Ye Y, Yao L, Hu S. Chronic inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase attenuates cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:399-406 pubmed publisherb>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS), an essential enzyme in the mevalonate pathway, was reported to be upregulated in young spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) when compared with Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats, and this was accompanied by ..
- Runquist M, Ericsson J, Thelin A, Chojnacki T, Dallner G. Isoprenoid biosynthesis in rat liver mitochondria. Studies on farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase and trans-prenyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:5804-9 pubmed..In this reaction sequence intermediate formation of farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) predominates, and the FPP synthase activity was studied in more detail...
- Nazian S, Brewer L, Ness G. Pituitary regulation of the expression of the farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase gene in the testes of the sexually maturing rat. J Androl. 1991;12:264-72 pubmed..the coordinate regulation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase and farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, the authors observed that rat testes contained high levels of a farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase ..
- Krisans S, Ericsson J, Edwards P, Keller G. Farnesyl-diphosphate synthase is localized in peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:14165-9 pubmedIn this study, we have investigated the subcellular localization of farnesyl-diphosphate synthase (FPP synthase)...
- Kovacs W, Tape K, Shackelford J, Duan X, Kasumov T, Kelleher J, et al. Localization of the pre-squalene segment of the isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway in mammalian peroxisomes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:273-90 pubmed
- Ye Y, Hu S, Li L. Inhibition of farnesylpyrophosphate synthase prevents angiotensin II-induced hypertrophic responses in rat neonatal cardiomyocytes: involvement of the RhoA/Rho kinase pathway. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2997-3003 pubmed publisher..The anti-hypertrophic effects of inhibition of FPP synthase with alendronate in Ang II-cultured neonatal cardiomyocytes were partially reversed by geranylgeranyol (GGOH) ..
- Heemers H, Vanderhoydonc F, Roskams T, Shechter I, Heyns W, Verhoeven G, et al. Androgens stimulate coordinated lipogenic gene expression in normal target tissues in vivo. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;205:21-31 pubmed..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for a coordinate regulation of lipogenic gene expression not only in prostate cancer cell lines in culture but also in non-cancerous androgen-responsive tissues in vivo. ..
- Ashby M, Edwards P. Identification and regulation of a rat liver cDNA encoding farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:635-40 pubmed..We conclude that CR39 encodes the prenyltransferase of cholesterol biosynthesis, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase. Furthermore, in the liver this enzyme shows coordinate regulation with two other enzymes, 3-hydroxy-..