Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fdps
Description: farnesyl diphosphate synthase
Alias: Ac2-125, FPS, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase, (2E,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase, CR 39, FPP synthase, FPP synthetase, cholesterol-regulated 39 kDa protein, dimethylallyltranstransferase, farnesyl diphosphate synthase (farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, dimethylallyltranstransferase, geranyltranstransferase), farnesyl diphosphate synthetase, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, geranyltranstransferase, testis-specific farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase
- Teruya J, Kutsunai S, Spear D, Edwards P, Clarke C. Testis-specific transcription initiation sites of rat farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase mRNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2315-26 pubmed..In testis, an FPP synthetase-related RNA was detected that was larger than the liver FPP synthetase mRNA and was present at very high ..
- Gupta S, Mehan R, Tansey T, Chen H, Goping G, Goldberg I, et al. Differential binding of proteins to peroxisomes in rat hepatoma cells: unique association of enzymes involved in isoprenoid metabolism. J Lipid Res. 1999;40:1572-84 pubmed..Based on these observations, the significance and a possible regulatory model in the formation of isoprenoid end-products are discussed. ..
- Spear D, Kutsunai S, Correll C, Edwards P. Molecular cloning and promoter analysis of the rat liver farnesyl diphosphate synthase gene. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:14462-9 pubmed..Further mutational and deletion analysis of the FPP synthase promoter-CAT constructs followed by stable transfection and primer extension of the CAT mRNA levels indicated ..
- Cibickova L, Hyspler R, Cibicek N, Cermakova E, Palicka V. Alendronate lowers cholesterol synthesis in the central nervous system of rats - a preliminary study. Physiol Res. 2009;58:455-8 pubmed..In conclusion, this study brings the first experimental evidence of the inhibition of cholesterol biosynthesis with alendronate in central nervous system. ..
- Li L, Chen G, Yang Y, Ye Y, Yao L, Hu S. Chronic inhibition of farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase attenuates cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:399-406 pubmed publisherb>Farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase (FPPS), an essential enzyme in the mevalonate pathway, was reported to be upregulated in young spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) when compared with Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats, and this was accompanied by ..
- Runquist M, Ericsson J, Thelin A, Chojnacki T, Dallner G. Isoprenoid biosynthesis in rat liver mitochondria. Studies on farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase and trans-prenyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:5804-9 pubmed..In this reaction sequence intermediate formation of farnesyl pyrophosphate (FPP) predominates, and the FPP synthase activity was studied in more detail...
- Nazian S, Brewer L, Ness G. Pituitary regulation of the expression of the farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase gene in the testes of the sexually maturing rat. J Androl. 1991;12:264-72 pubmed..the coordinate regulation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase and farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase, the authors observed that rat testes contained high levels of a farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase ..
- Krisans S, Ericsson J, Edwards P, Keller G. Farnesyl-diphosphate synthase is localized in peroxisomes. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:14165-9 pubmedIn this study, we have investigated the subcellular localization of farnesyl-diphosphate synthase (FPP synthase)...
- Kovacs W, Tape K, Shackelford J, Duan X, Kasumov T, Kelleher J, et al. Localization of the pre-squalene segment of the isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway in mammalian peroxisomes. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:273-90 pubmed
- Ye Y, Hu S, Li L. Inhibition of farnesylpyrophosphate synthase prevents angiotensin II-induced hypertrophic responses in rat neonatal cardiomyocytes: involvement of the RhoA/Rho kinase pathway. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2997-3003 pubmed publisher..The anti-hypertrophic effects of inhibition of FPP synthase with alendronate in Ang II-cultured neonatal cardiomyocytes were partially reversed by geranylgeranyol (GGOH) ..
- Heemers H, Vanderhoydonc F, Roskams T, Shechter I, Heyns W, Verhoeven G, et al. Androgens stimulate coordinated lipogenic gene expression in normal target tissues in vivo. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;205:21-31 pubmed..Taken together, these findings provide evidence for a coordinate regulation of lipogenic gene expression not only in prostate cancer cell lines in culture but also in non-cancerous androgen-responsive tissues in vivo. ..
- Ashby M, Edwards P. Identification and regulation of a rat liver cDNA encoding farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:635-40 pubmed..We conclude that CR39 encodes the prenyltransferase of cholesterol biosynthesis, farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase. Furthermore, in the liver this enzyme shows coordinate regulation with two other enzymes, 3-hydroxy-..