Genomes and Genes
fatty acid transport protein
Gene Symbol: fatty acid transport protein
Description: solute carrier family 27 member 1
Alias: FATP, long-chain fatty acid transport protein 1, FATP-1, fatty acid transport protein 1, solute carrier family 27 (fatty acid transporter), member 1
Products: fatty acid transport protein
- Deng J, Huang J, Lu L, Hung L. Impairment of cardiac insulin signaling and myocardial contractile performance in high-cholesterol/fructose-fed rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H978-87 pubmed..The cardiac metabolic alterations that impair contractile functions may lead to the development of cardiomyopathy. ..
- Holloway G, Chou C, Lally J, Stellingwerff T, Maher A, Gavrilova O, et al. Increasing skeletal muscle fatty acid transport protein 1 (FATP1) targets fatty acids to oxidation and does not predispose mice to diet-induced insulin resistance. Diabetologia. 2011;54:1457-67 pubmed publisherWe examined in skeletal muscle (1) whether fatty acid transport protein (FATP) 1 channels long-chain fatty acid (LCFA) to specific metabolic fates in rats; and (2) whether FATP1-mediated increases in LCFA uptake exacerbate the development ..
- Wiczer B, Lobo S, Machen G, Graves L, Bernlohr D. FATP1 mediates fatty acid-induced activation of AMPK in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:234-8 pubmed publisher..b>FATP-dependent production of AMP was evaluated using FATP4 proteoliposomes, and fatty acid-dependent activation of AMP-..
- Mitchell R, Hatch G. Regulation of cardiolipin biosynthesis by fatty acid transport protein-1 IN HEK 293 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:2015-21 pubmed publisherCardiolipin (CL) is a major phospholipid involved in energy metabolism mammalian mitochondria and fatty acid transport protein-1 (FATP-1) is a fatty acid transport protein that may regulate the intracellular level of fatty acyl-Coenzyme A'..
- Pohl J, Ring A, Korkmaz U, Ehehalt R, Stremmel W. FAT/CD36-mediated long-chain fatty acid uptake in adipocytes requires plasma membrane rafts. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:24-31 pubmed..In conclusion, our data strongly suggest that FAT/CD36 mediates raft-dependent LCFA uptake. Plasma membrane lipid rafts might control LCFA uptake by regulating surface availability of FAT/CD36. ..
- Santos M, Perez P, Segrelles C, Ruiz S, Jorcano J, Paramio J. Impaired NF-kappa B activation and increased production of tumor necrosis factor alpha in transgenic mice expressing keratin K10 in the basal layer of the epidermis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13422-30 pubmed..These results confirm that keratin K10 functions in vivo include the control of many aspects of epithelial physiology, which affect the cells not only in a cell autonomous manner but also influence tissue homeostasis. ..
- Hirsch D, Stahl A, Lodish H. A family of fatty acid transporters conserved from mycobacterium to man. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:8625-9 pubmed..Transport of LCFAs across the plasma membrane is facilitated by fatty acid transport protein (FATP), a plasma membrane protein that increases LCFA uptake when expressed in cultured mammalian cells ..
- DiRusso C, Darwis D, Obermeyer T, Black P. Functional domains of the fatty acid transport proteins: studies using protein chimeras. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1781:135-43 pubmed publisherFatty acid transport proteins (FATP) function in fatty acid trafficking pathways, several of which have been shown to participate in the transport of exogenous fatty acids into the cell...
- Wu Q, Kazantzis M, Doege H, Ortegon A, Tsang B, Falcon A, et al. Fatty acid transport protein 1 is required for nonshivering thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue. Diabetes. 2006;55:3229-37 pubmed..How uptake of fatty acids is mediated and regulated has remained unclear. Here, we show that fatty acid transport protein (FATP)1 is expressed on the plasma membrane of BAT and is upregulated in response to cold stimuli, ..
- Heather L, Cole M, Lygate C, Evans R, Stuckey D, Murray A, et al. Fatty acid transporter levels and palmitate oxidation rate correlate with ejection fraction in the infarcted rat heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;72:430-7 pubmed..translocase (FAT/CD36), plasma membrane fatty acid binding protein (FABPpm) and fatty acid transporter proteins (FATP) 1 and 6...