Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fads2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: Fadsd6, fatty acid desaturase 2, D6D, delta(6) desaturase, delta-6 fatty acid desaturase, fatty acid desaturase 6
- The same rat Delta6-desaturase not only acts on 18- but also on 24-carbon fatty acids in very-long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesisSabine D'andréa
Laboratoire de Biochimie, INRA ENSA, 65 rue de Saint Brieuc, CS84215, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Biochem J 364:49-55. 2002..A similar mechanism in the n-6 series is strongly suggested...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of rat delta-6 fatty acid desaturaseT Aki
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Hiroshima University, 1 4 1 Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, 739 8527, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 255:575-9. 1999..These results indicate that the protein encoded by the rat cDNA is Delta-6 fatty acid desaturase, and the first 17 amino acids corresponding to the coding region 97-147 of the clone are not required to function in yeast...
- Influence of the cis-9, cis-12 and cis-15 double bond position in octadecenoic acid (18:1) isomers on the rat FADS2-catalyzed Δ6-desaturationVincent Rioux
Laboratoire de Biochimie Nutrition Humaine, Agrocampus Ouest INRA, USC 1378, 35000 Rennes, France Electronic address
Chem Phys Lipids 187:10-9. 2015..acids are well described substrates of the Δ6-desaturase encoded by the mammalian fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2) gene...
- Role of maternal tissue in the synthesis of polyunsaturated fatty acids in response to a lipid-deficient diet during pregnancy and lactation in ratsRaúl Sánchez González
Laboratorio de Biologia Molecular, Unidad de Investigación Médica en Nutrición, Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Mexico City, Mexico Electronic address
Gene 549:7-23. 2014..Genes with the highest (P<0.05) expression in the mammary gland, liver and adipose tissue were Elovl5 (1333%), Fads2 (490%) and Fasn (6608%), respectively, in a low-lipid diet than in adequate-lipid diet...
- Delta-6-desaturase links polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism with phospholipid remodeling and disease progression in heart failureCatherine H Le
Integrative Cardiac Biology Laboratory
Circ Heart Fail 7:172-83. 2014..We examined the hypothesis that δ-6 desaturase (D6D), the rate-limiting enzyme in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis, mediates the signature pattern of ..
- Maternal fat intake in rats alters 20:4n-6 and 22:6n-3 status and the epigenetic regulation of Fads2 in offspring liverSamuel P Hoile
Academic Unit of Human Development and Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Nutr Biochem 24:1213-20. 2013..the effect of maternal fat intake on polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) status and on the epigenetic regulation of Fads2, encoding Δ6 desaturase (rate limiting in PUFA synthesis), in the adult offspring...
- Expression and regulation of delta5-desaturase, delta6-desaturase, stearoyl-coenzyme A (CoA) desaturase 1, and stearoyl-CoA desaturase 2 in rat testisThomas Saether
Andrology Laboratory, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Biol Reprod 69:117-24. 2003..Finally, testosterone has no influence on the desaturase gene expression. Thus, FSH seems to be a key regulator of the desaturase expression in the Sertoli cell...
- Regulation of human delta-6 desaturase gene transcription: identification of a functional direct repeat-1 elementChongren Tang
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge 70808, USA
J Lipid Res 44:686-95. 2003....
- Gender affects liver desaturase expression in a rat model of n-3 fatty acid repletionAudrey Extier
Unit of Lipid Nutrition and Regulation of Brain Functions, NuReLice, UR909, INRA, F 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
J Nutr Biochem 21:180-7. 2010..Our results support the hypothesis on hormonal regulation of PUFA metabolism, which should be taken into account for specific nutritional recommendations...
- Effect of maternal micronutrients (folic acid, vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids on liver fatty acid desaturases and transport proteins in Wistar ratsNisha S Wadhwani
Interactive Research School for Health Affairs, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune, India
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 86:21-7. 2012..Our data for the first time indicates that maternal micronutrients differentially alter the activity and expression of fatty acid desaturases in the liver...
- Elongase reactions as control points in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid synthesisMelissa K Gregory
Rheumatology Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e29662. 20116-Desaturase (Fads2) is widely regarded as rate-limiting in the conversion of dietary α-linolenic acid (18:3n-3; ALA) to the long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3; DHA)...
- Changes in rat n-3 and n-6 fatty acid composition during pregnancy are associated with progesterone concentrations and hepatic FADS2 expressionC E Childs
Human Development and Health Academic Unit, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 86:141-7. 2012..LC PUFA status, sex hormone concentrations and hepatic mRNA expression of FADS1, FADS2 and elongase were assessed...
- Hepatic delta9, delta6, and delta5 desaturations in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus eSS ratsMauro A Montanaro
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquimicas de La Plata, Universidad Nacional de La Plata Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, UNLP, La Plata, Argentina
Lipids 38:827-32. 2003....
- Effects of streptozotocin and dietary fructose on delta-6 desaturation in spontaneously hypertensive rat liverC Comte
UPRES Lipides et Nutrition EA 2422, Faculte des Sciences Gabriel, Universite de Bourgogne, 6, Boulevard Gabriel, 21000 Dijon, France
Biochimie 86:799-806. 2004..Liver gene expression of delta-6 desaturase (D6D), microsomal D6D activities and fatty acid composition of total lipids were estimated...
- The metabolic cascade leading to eicosanoid precursors--desaturases, elongases, and phospholipases A2--is altered in Zucker fatty ratsCécile Fèvre
INSERM UMR 866 Université de Bourgogne, Lipides Nutrition Cancer, Faculte des Sciences Gabriel, 6 Bd Gabriel, 21000 Dijon, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1811:409-17. 2011....
- Distinct roles of endoplasmic reticulum cytochrome b5 and fused cytochrome b5-like domain for rat Delta6-desaturase activityHerve Guillou
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Ecole Nationale Supérieure Agronomique, Rennes, France
J Lipid Res 45:32-40. 2004..These data suggest distinct and essential roles for both the desaturase cytochrome b5-like domain and free endoplasmic reticulum cytochrome b5 for Delta6-desaturase activity...
- Conversion of hexadecanoic acid to hexadecenoic acid by rat Delta 6-desaturaseHerve Guillou
Laboratoire de Biochimie, INRA ENSA, Rennes, France
J Lipid Res 44:450-4. 2003..To investigate the putative involvement of the known Delta 6-desaturase (FADS2) in this process, COS-7 cells expressing rat Delta 6-desaturase were incubated with C16:0...