Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fads2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: Fadsd6, fatty acid desaturase 2, D6D, delta(6) desaturase, delta-6 fatty acid desaturase, fatty acid desaturase 6
- D Andrea S, Guillou H, Jan S, Catheline D, Thibault J, Bouriel M, et al. The same rat Delta6-desaturase not only acts on 18- but also on 24-carbon fatty acids in very-long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis. Biochem J. 2002;364:49-55 pubmed..A similar mechanism in the n-6 series is strongly suggested. ..
- Cho H, Nakamura M, Clarke S. Cloning, expression, and nutritional regulation of the mammalian Delta-6 desaturase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:471-7 pubmed..The RNA abundance data indicate that prior conclusions regarding the low level of Delta-6 desaturase expression in nonhepatic tissues may need to be reevaluated. ..
- Aki T, Shimada Y, Inagaki K, Higashimoto H, Kawamoto S, Shigeta S, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of rat delta-6 fatty acid desaturase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:575-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the protein encoded by the rat cDNA is Delta-6 fatty acid desaturase, and the first 17 amino acids corresponding to the coding region 97-147 of the clone are not required to function in yeast. ..
- Extier A, Langelier B, Perruchot M, Guesnet P, Van Veldhoven P, Lavialle M, et al. Gender affects liver desaturase expression in a rat model of n-3 fatty acid repletion. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:180-7 pubmed publisher..Our results support the hypothesis on hormonal regulation of PUFA metabolism, which should be taken into account for specific nutritional recommendations. ..
- Gregory M, Gibson R, Cook Johnson R, Cleland L, James M. Elongase reactions as control points in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid synthesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29662 pubmed publisher6-Desaturase (Fads2) is widely regarded as rate-limiting in the conversion of dietary ?-linolenic acid (18:3n-3; ALA) to the long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3; DHA)...
- Guillou H, D Andrea S, Rioux V, Barnouin R, Dalaine S, Pedrono F, et al. Distinct roles of endoplasmic reticulum cytochrome b5 and fused cytochrome b5-like domain for rat Delta6-desaturase activity. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:32-40 pubmed..These data suggest distinct and essential roles for both the desaturase cytochrome b5-like domain and free endoplasmic reticulum cytochrome b5 for Delta6-desaturase activity. ..
- Comte C, Bellenger S, Bellenger J, Tessier C, Poisson J, Narce M. Effects of streptozotocin and dietary fructose on delta-6 desaturation in spontaneously hypertensive rat liver. Biochimie. 2004;86:799-806 pubmed..Liver gene expression of delta-6 desaturase (D6D), microsomal D6D activities and fatty acid composition of total lipids were estimated...
- Hoile S, Irvine N, Kelsall C, Sibbons C, Feunteun A, Collister A, et al. Maternal fat intake in rats alters 20:4n-6 and 22:6n-3 status and the epigenetic regulation of Fads2 in offspring liver. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:1213-20 pubmed publisher..the effect of maternal fat intake on polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) status and on the epigenetic regulation of Fads2, encoding ?6 desaturase (rate limiting in PUFA synthesis), in the adult offspring...
- Rioux V, Choque B, Ezanno H, Duby C, Catheline D, Legrand P. Influence of the cis-9, cis-12 and cis-15 double bond position in octadecenoic acid (18:1) isomers on the rat FADS2-catalyzed Î”6-desaturation. Chem Phys Lipids. 2015;187:10-9 pubmed publisher..acids are well described substrates of the Î”6-desaturase encoded by the mammalian fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2) gene...
- Saether T, Tran T, Rootwelt H, Christophersen B, Haugen T. Expression and regulation of delta5-desaturase, delta6-desaturase, stearoyl-coenzyme A (CoA) desaturase 1, and stearoyl-CoA desaturase 2 in rat testis. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:117-24 pubmed..Finally, testosterone has no influence on the desaturase gene expression. Thus, FSH seems to be a key regulator of the desaturase expression in the Sertoli cell. ..
- Tang C, Cho H, Nakamura M, Clarke S. Regulation of human delta-6 desaturase gene transcription: identification of a functional direct repeat-1 element. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:686-95 pubmed
- Wadhwani N, Manglekar R, Dangat K, Kulkarni A, Joshi S. Effect of maternal micronutrients (folic acid, vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids on liver fatty acid desaturases and transport proteins in Wistar rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2012;86:21-7 pubmed publisher..Our data for the first time indicates that maternal micronutrients differentially alter the activity and expression of fatty acid desaturases in the liver. ..
- Guillou H, Rioux V, Catheline D, Thibault J, Bouriel M, Jan S, et al. Conversion of hexadecanoic acid to hexadecenoic acid by rat Delta 6-desaturase. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:450-4 pubmed..To investigate the putative involvement of the known Delta 6-desaturase (FADS2) in this process, COS-7 cells expressing rat Delta 6-desaturase were incubated with C16:0...
- Childs C, Hoile S, Burdge G, Calder P. Changes in rat n-3 and n-6 fatty acid composition during pregnancy are associated with progesterone concentrations and hepatic FADS2 expression. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2012;86:141-7 pubmed publisher..LC PUFA status, sex hormone concentrations and hepatic mRNA expression of FADS1, FADS2 and elongase were assessed...
- Le C, Mulligan C, Routh M, Bouma G, Frye M, Jeckel K, et al. Delta-6-desaturase links polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism with phospholipid remodeling and disease progression in heart failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2014;7:172-83 pubmed publisher..We examined the hypothesis that ?-6 desaturase (D6D), the rate-limiting enzyme in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis, mediates the signature pattern of ..
- González R, Rodriguez Cruz M, Maldonado J, Saavedra F. Role of maternal tissue in the synthesis of polyunsaturated fatty acids in response to a lipid-deficient diet during pregnancy and lactation in rats. Gene. 2014;549:7-23 pubmed publisher..Genes with the highest (P<0.05) expression in the mammary gland, liver and adipose tissue were Elovl5 (1333%), Fads2 (490%) and Fasn (6608%), respectively, in a low-lipid diet than in adequate-lipid diet...
- Montanaro M, Rimoldi O, Igal R, Montenegro S, Tarrés M, Martinez S, et al. Hepatic delta9, delta6, and delta5 desaturations in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus eSS rats. Lipids. 2003;38:827-32 pubmed