Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fads2
Description: fatty acid desaturase 2
Alias: Fadsd6, fatty acid desaturase 2, D6D, delta(6) desaturase, delta-6 fatty acid desaturase, fatty acid desaturase 6
- Rioux V, Choque B, Ezanno H, Duby C, Catheline D, Legrand P. Influence of the cis-9, cis-12 and cis-15 double bond position in octadecenoic acid (18:1) isomers on the rat FADS2-catalyzed Î”6-desaturation. Chem Phys Lipids. 2015;187:10-9 pubmed publisher..acids are well described substrates of the Î”6-desaturase encoded by the mammalian fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2) gene...
- Saether T, Tran T, Rootwelt H, Christophersen B, Haugen T. Expression and regulation of delta5-desaturase, delta6-desaturase, stearoyl-coenzyme A (CoA) desaturase 1, and stearoyl-CoA desaturase 2 in rat testis. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:117-24 pubmed..Finally, testosterone has no influence on the desaturase gene expression. Thus, FSH seems to be a key regulator of the desaturase expression in the Sertoli cell. ..
- Tang C, Cho H, Nakamura M, Clarke S. Regulation of human delta-6 desaturase gene transcription: identification of a functional direct repeat-1 element. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:686-95 pubmed
- Wadhwani N, Manglekar R, Dangat K, Kulkarni A, Joshi S. Effect of maternal micronutrients (folic acid, vitamin B12) and omega 3 fatty acids on liver fatty acid desaturases and transport proteins in Wistar rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2012;86:21-7 pubmed publisher..Our data for the first time indicates that maternal micronutrients differentially alter the activity and expression of fatty acid desaturases in the liver. ..
- Guillou H, Rioux V, Catheline D, Thibault J, Bouriel M, Jan S, et al. Conversion of hexadecanoic acid to hexadecenoic acid by rat Delta 6-desaturase. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:450-4 pubmed..To investigate the putative involvement of the known Delta 6-desaturase (FADS2) in this process, COS-7 cells expressing rat Delta 6-desaturase were incubated with C16:0...
- Childs C, Hoile S, Burdge G, Calder P. Changes in rat n-3 and n-6 fatty acid composition during pregnancy are associated with progesterone concentrations and hepatic FADS2 expression. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2012;86:141-7 pubmed publisher..LC PUFA status, sex hormone concentrations and hepatic mRNA expression of FADS1, FADS2 and elongase were assessed...
- Le C, Mulligan C, Routh M, Bouma G, Frye M, Jeckel K, et al. Delta-6-desaturase links polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism with phospholipid remodeling and disease progression in heart failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2014;7:172-83 pubmed publisher..We examined the hypothesis that ?-6 desaturase (D6D), the rate-limiting enzyme in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis, mediates the signature pattern of ..
- González R, Rodriguez Cruz M, Maldonado J, Saavedra F. Role of maternal tissue in the synthesis of polyunsaturated fatty acids in response to a lipid-deficient diet during pregnancy and lactation in rats. Gene. 2014;549:7-23 pubmed publisher..Genes with the highest (P<0.05) expression in the mammary gland, liver and adipose tissue were Elovl5 (1333%), Fads2 (490%) and Fasn (6608%), respectively, in a low-lipid diet than in adequate-lipid diet...
- Montanaro M, Rimoldi O, Igal R, Montenegro S, Tarrés M, Martinez S, et al. Hepatic delta9, delta6, and delta5 desaturations in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus eSS rats. Lipids. 2003;38:827-32 pubmed