Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Etv4
Description: ets variant 4
Alias: Pea3, ETS translocation variant 4, ets variant gene 4 (E1A enhancer binding protein, E1AF), polyomavirus enhancer activator-3
- Lee Y, Fryer J, Kang H, Crespo Barreto J, Bowman A, Gao Y, et al. ATXN1 protein family and CIC regulate extracellular matrix remodeling and lung alveolarization. Dev Cell. 2011;21:746-57 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this, Cic deficiency causes lung alveolarization defect. Loss of either ATXN1L or CIC derepresses Etv4, an activator for Mmp genes, thereby mediating MMP9 overexpression...
- Perez A, Barco R, Fernandez I, Price Schiavi S, Carraway K. PEA3 transactivates the Muc4/sialomucin complex promoter in mammary epithelial and tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36942-52 pubmed..in the 13762 sublines of the rat mammary adenocarcinoma correlates with the overexpression of transcription factor PEA3 and the receptor tyrosine kinase ErbB2...
- Firlej V, Bocquet B, Desbiens X, De Launoit Y, Chotteau Lelievre A. Pea3 transcription factor cooperates with USF-1 in regulation of the murine bax transcription without binding to an Ets-binding site. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:887-98 pubmedThe Pea3 transcription factor (which belongs to the PEA3 group) from the Ets family has been shown to be involved in mammary embryogenesis and oncogenesis. However, except for proteinases, only few of its target genes have been reported...
- Chen Q, Xu S, Huang S, Zhang A, Feng Q, Guo X, et al. Suppression subtractive hybridization analysis of gene expression during late kidney development identifies the developmentally regulated gene rPEA3. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2009;111:e103-15 pubmed publisher..Several differentially expressed genes were identified, including rPEA3, a member of the PEA3 subfamily of Ets domain transcription factors...
- Brent A, Tabin C. FGF acts directly on the somitic tendon progenitors through the Ets transcription factors Pea3 and Erm to regulate scleraxis expression. Development. 2004;131:3885-96 pubmed..Of particular interest were the Ets transcription factors Pea3 and Erm, which function as transcriptional effectors of FGF signaling...