Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ercc4
Description: ERCC excision repair 4, endonuclease catalytic subunit
Alias: RGD1560340, DNA repair endonuclease XPF, excision repair cross-complementing rodent repair deficiency, complementation group 4, Ercc4 protein-like, excision repair cross-complementation group 4
- Das D, Folkers G, van Dijk M, Jaspers N, Hoeijmakers J, Kaptein R, et al. The structure of the XPF-ssDNA complex underscores the distinct roles of the XPF and ERCC1 helix- hairpin-helix domains in ss/ds DNA recognition. Structure. 2012;20:667-75 pubmed publisher..Combining the two observations gives a model that underscores the asymmetry of the human XPF/ERCC1 heterodimer in binding at an ss/ds DNA junction. ..
- McWilliams R, Bamlet W, Cunningham J, Goode E, de Andrade M, Boardman L, et al. Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, smoking, and pancreatic adenocarcinoma risk. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4928-35 pubmed publisher..Allele and genotype frequencies for 16 SNPs in DNA repair genes ERCC1, XPD/ERCC2, XPC, XPF/ERCC4, OGG1, and XRCC1 were compared after adjusting for age, sex, and smoking history...
- Wu Y, Zacal N, Rainbow A, Zhu X. XPF with mutations in its conserved nuclease domain is defective in DNA repair but functions in TRF2-mediated telomere shortening. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:157-66 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings reveal an unanticipated nuclease-independent function of XPF in TRF2-mediated telomere shortening. ..
- Sijbers A, de Laat W, Ariza R, Biggerstaff M, Wei Y, Moggs J, et al. Xeroderma pigmentosum group F caused by a defect in a structure-specific DNA repair endonuclease. Cell. 1996;86:811-22 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the XPF, ERCC4, and ERCC11 genes are equivalent, complete the isolation of the XP genes that form the core nucleotide excision ..
- Tian M, Shinkura R, Shinkura N, Alt F. Growth retardation, early death, and DNA repair defects in mice deficient for the nucleotide excision repair enzyme XPF. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1200-5 pubmed..These phenotypes are identical to those exhibited by the ERCC1-deficient mice, consistent with the functional association of the two proteins. The complex phenotype suggests that XPF-ERCC1 is involved in multiple DNA repair processes. ..
- Sridharan D, Brown M, Lambert W, McMahon L, Lambert M. Nonerythroid alphaII spectrin is required for recruitment of FANCA and XPF to nuclear foci induced by DNA interstrand cross-links. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:823-35 pubmed..These studies suggest that an important role for alphaSpIISigma* in the nucleus is to act as a scaffold, aiding in recruitment and alignment of repair proteins at sites of damage. ..
- Mogi S, Oh D. gamma-H2AX formation in response to interstrand crosslinks requires XPF in human cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2006;5:731-40 pubmed..Furthermore, XPA may be important to allow psoralen interstrand crosslinks to be processed without forming a double strand break intermediate. ..
- Sakaguchi K, Ishibashi T, Uchiyama Y, Iwabata K. The multi-replication protein A (RPA) system--a new perspective. FEBS J. 2009;276:943-63 pubmed publisher..Convergent evolution seems to be ubiquitous in these processes. Using recent findings, we review the composition and biological functions of RPA complexes. ..
- Zhu X, Niedernhofer L, Kuster B, Mann M, Hoeijmakers J, de Lange T. ERCC1/XPF removes the 3' overhang from uncapped telomeres and represses formation of telomeric DNA-containing double minute chromosomes. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1489-98 pubmed
- Kumaresan K, Hwang M, Thelen M, Lambert M. Contribution of XPF functional domains to the 5' and 3' incisions produced at the site of a psoralen interstrand cross-link. Biochemistry. 2002;41:890-6 pubmed
- Wu Y, Mitchell T, Zhu X. Human XPF controls TRF2 and telomere length maintenance through distinctive mechanisms. Mech Ageing Dev. 2008;129:602-10 pubmed publisher..Our results further imply that TRF2 association with telomeres may be deregulated in cells derived from XPF patients. ..