Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ep300
Description: E1A binding protein p300
Alias: histone acetyltransferase p300
- Yuan H, Reddy M, Sun G, Lanting L, Wang M, Kato M, et al. Involvement of p300/CBP and epigenetic histone acetylation in TGF-?1-mediated gene transcription in mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;304:F601-13 pubmed publisher..This in turn can augment glomerular dysfunction linked to diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Shikama N, Lutz W, Kretzschmar R, Sauter N, Roth J, Marino S, et al. Essential function of p300 acetyltransferase activity in heart, lung and small intestine formation. EMBO J. 2003;22:5175-85 pubmed..Unexpectedly, the p300 AT-mutant cells upregulate BMP-inducible genes to levels similar or even higher than observed in wild-type cells. ..
- Roelfsema J, White S, Ariyurek Y, Bartholdi D, Niedrist D, Papadia F, et al. Genetic heterogeneity in Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome: mutations in both the CBP and EP300 genes cause disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2005;76:572-80 pubmed..We extended the search for mutations to the EP300 gene and showed that mutations in EP300 also cause this disorder...
- Feng B, Chen S, McArthur K, Wu Y, Sen S, Ding Q, et al. miR-146a-Mediated extracellular matrix protein production in chronic diabetes complications. Diabetes. 2011;60:2975-84 pubmed publisher..These studies showed a novel, glucose-induced molecular mechanism in which miR-146a participates in the transcriptional circuitry regulating extracellular matrix protein production in diabetes. ..
- Hua P, Feng W, Rezonzew G, Chumley P, Jaimes E. The transcription factor ETS-1 regulates angiotensin II-stimulated fibronectin production in mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;302:F1418-29 pubmed publisher..These studies unveil novel mechanisms involved in RAS-induced production of the extracellular matrix protein fibronectin in mesangial cells and establish the role of the transcription factor ETS-1 as a direct mediator of these effects...
- Kioussi C, Briata P, Baek S, Rose D, Hamblet N, Herman T, et al. Identification of a Wnt/Dvl/beta-Catenin --> Pitx2 pathway mediating cell-type-specific proliferation during development. Cell. 2002;111:673-85 pubmed
- Tan X, Zhai Y, Gao W, Fan Y, Liu F, Huang Q, et al. p300 expression is induced by oxygen deficiency and protects neuron cells from damage. Brain Res. 2009;1254:1-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that p300 is an important molecule for neuroprotection under hypoxia. ..
- Feng B, Chen S, Chiu J, George B, Chakrabarti S. Regulation of cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in diabetes at the transcriptional level. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E1119-26 pubmed publisher..We concluded that data from these studies demonstrate a novel glucose-induced epigenetic mechanism regulating gene expression and cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in diabetes. ..
- Yang X, Ogryzko V, Nishikawa J, Howard B, Nakatani Y. A p300/CBP-associated factor that competes with the adenoviral oncoprotein E1A. Nature. 1996;382:319-24 pubmed..Exogenous expression of P/CAF in HeLa cells inhibits cell-cycle progression and counteracts the mitogenic activity of E1A. E1A disturbs the normal cellular interaction between p300/CBP and its associated histone acetylase. ..
- Chiu J, Khan Z, Farhangkhoee H, Chakrabarti S. Curcumin prevents diabetes-associated abnormalities in the kidneys by inhibiting p300 and nuclear factor-kappaB. Nutrition. 2009;25:964-72 pubmed publisher..These beneficial effects of curcumin were mediated through the inhibition of p300 and nuclear factor-kappaB. ..
- Tedeschi A, Nguyen T, Puttagunta R, Gaub P, Di Giovanni S. A p53-CBP/p300 transcription module is required for GAP-43 expression, axon outgrowth, and regeneration. Cell Death Differ. 2009;16:543-54 pubmed publisher..These data contribute to the understanding of gene regulation in axon outgrowth and may suggest new molecular targets for axon regeneration. ..
- Mahmoudi T, Parra M, Vries R, Kauder S, Verrijzer C, Ott M, et al. The SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex is a cofactor for Tat transactivation of the HIV promoter. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19960-8 pubmed..This synergism depended on the acetyltransferase activity of p300 and on Tat Lys(50) and Lys(51). In conclusion, Tat-mediated activation of the HIV promoter requires the SWI/SNF complex in synergy with the coactivator p300. ..
- Alamdari N, Smith I, Aversa Z, Hasselgren P. Sepsis and glucocorticoids upregulate p300 and downregulate HDAC6 expression and activity in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;299:R509-20 pubmed publisher..The recent development of pharmacological HDAC activators may provide a novel avenue to prevent and treat muscle wasting in sepsis and other catabolic conditions...
- Hirai M, Ono K, Morimoto T, Kawamura T, Wada H, Kita T, et al. FOG-2 competes with GATA-4 for transcriptional coactivator p300 and represses hypertrophic responses in cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37640-50 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that FOG-2 represses hypertrophic responses in cardiac myocytes and that p300 is involved in these repressive effects. ..
- Kundumani Sridharan V, Van Quyen D, Subramani J, Singh N, Chin Y, Rao G. Novel interactions between NFATc1 (Nuclear Factor of Activated T cells c1) and STAT-3 (Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription-3) mediate G protein-coupled receptor agonist, thrombin-induced biphasic expression of cyclin D1, with first phase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22463-82 pubmed publisher
- Chini C, Escande C, Nin V, Chini E. HDAC3 is negatively regulated by the nuclear protein DBC1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40830-7 pubmed publisher..These findings may lead to a better understanding of the biological roles of DBC1 and HDAC3 in metabolic diseases and cancer. ..
- Chen L, Mu Y, Greene W. Acetylation of RelA at discrete sites regulates distinct nuclear functions of NF-kappaB. EMBO J. 2002;21:6539-48 pubmed..Together, these findings highlight how site-specific acetylation of RelA differentially regulates distinct biological activities of the NF-kappaB transcription factor complex. ..
- Marinova Z, Leng Y, Leeds P, Chuang D. Histone deacetylase inhibition alters histone methylation associated with heat shock protein 70 promoter modifications in astrocytes and neurons. Neuropharmacology. 2011;60:1109-15 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Trends in neuropharmacology: in memory of Erminio Costa'. ..
- Kassimatis T, Giannopoulou I, Koumoundourou D, Theodorakopoulou E, Varakis I, Nakopoulou L. Immunohistochemical evaluation of phosphorylated SMAD2/SMAD3 and the co-activator P300 in human glomerulonephritis: correlation with renal injury. J Cell Mol Med. 2006;10:908-21 pubmed..Our results suggest that pSmad2/3-p300 pathway may play a pivotal role in the pathogenesis and progression of human glomerulonephritis. ..
- Mochizuki K, Suruga K, Sakaguchi N, Takase S, Goda T. Major intestinal coactivator p300 strongly activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor in intestinal cell line, Caco-2. Gene. 2002;291:271-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the major intestinal coactivator, p300 strongly interacts with PPAR alpha and PPAR delta. ..
- Chiu J, Farhangkhoee H, Xu B, Chen S, George B, Chakrabarti S. PARP mediates structural alterations in diabetic cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:385-93 pubmed publisher..This study has elucidated for the first time a PARP-dependent, p300-associated pathway mediating the development of structural alterations in the diabetic heart. ..
- Cazzalini O, Sommatis S, Tillhon M, Dutto I, Bachi A, Rapp A, et al. CBP and p300 acetylate PCNA to link its degradation with nucleotide excision repair synthesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:8433-48 pubmed publisher..These results define a CBP and p300-dependent mechanism for PCNA acetylation after DNA damage, linking DNA repair synthesis with removal of chromatin-bound PCNA and its degradation, to ensure genome stability. ..
- Cook C, Carlomagno Y, Gendron T, Dunmore J, Scheffel K, Stetler C, et al. Acetylation of the KXGS motifs in tau is a critical determinant in modulation of tau aggregation and clearance. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:104-16 pubmed publisher..As such, we have uncovered a novel therapeutic pathway that can be manipulated to block the formation of pathogenic tau species in disease. ..
- Loboda A, Jozkowicz A, Dulak J. HIF-1 and HIF-2 transcription factors--similar but not identical. Mol Cells. 2010;29:435-42 pubmed publisher..Finally, recent data showing link between HIFs and specific microRNA have been presented. ..
- Bardag Gorce F, French B, Joyce M, Baires M, Montgomery R, Li J, et al. Histone acetyltransferase p300 modulates gene expression in an epigenetic manner at high blood alcohol levels. Exp Mol Pathol. 2007;82:197-202 pubmed..beta-Catenin was increased in the nuclear extract at the UAL troughs, where increased gene expression was absent. The increase in gene expression at the peaks was due, in part, to increased acetylation of histone 3 at lysine 9. ..
- Sharma S, Liu J, Wei J, Yuan H, Zhang T, Bishopric N. Repression of miR-142 by p300 and MAPK is required for survival signalling via gp130 during adaptive hypertrophy. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:617-32 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of miR-142 is required to enable cytokine-mediated survival signalling during cardiac growth in response to haemodynamic stress and is a critical element of adaptive hypertrophy. ..
- Zhao Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Qian S, Zhang Z, Li S, et al. p300-dependent acetylation of activating transcription factor 5 enhances C/EBP? transactivation of C/EBP? during 3T3-L1 differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:315-24 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified ATF5 as a new cofactor of C/EBP? and examined how C/EBP? and ATF5 (acetylated by a p300-dependent mechanism) regulate the transcription of C/EBP?. ..
- Bernat A, Avvakumov N, Mymryk J, Banks L. Interaction between the HPV E7 oncoprotein and the transcriptional coactivator p300. Oncogene. 2003;22:7871-81 pubmed..Finally, we show that E7 can abolish the p300-mediated E2 transactivation function, suggesting that complex formation between E7 and p300 may contribute to the regulation of E2 transcriptional activity. ..
- Lee J, Volinic J, Banz C, Yao K, Thomas M. Interactions with p300 enhance transcriptional activation by the PDZ-domain coactivator Bridge-1. J Endocrinol. 2005;187:283-92 pubmed..We propose that p300 interactions with Bridge-1 can augment the transcriptional activation of regulatory target genes by Bridge-1. ..
- Han Y, Jin Y, Kim Y, Kang B, Choi H, Kim D, et al. Acetylation of Sirt2 by p300 attenuates its deacetylase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:576-80 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that p300 can inactivate Sirt2 by acetylation and that p300 may regulate the activity of p53 indirectly through Sirt2 in addition to its direct modification of p53. ..
- Avantaggiati M, Ogryzko V, Gardner K, Giordano A, Levine A, Kelly K. Recruitment of p300/CBP in p53-dependent signal pathways. Cell. 1997;89:1175-84 pubmed..The data implicate p300 as an important component of p53-signaling, thus providing new insight into the mechanisms of cellular proliferation. ..
- Wang B, Kennan W, Yasukawa Barnes J, Lindstrom M, Gould M. Frequent induction of mammary carcinomas following neu oncogene transfer into in situ mammary epithelial cells of susceptible and resistant rat strains. Cancer Res. 1991;51:5649-54 pubmed
- CESENA T, Cui T, Subramanian L, Fulton C, INIGUEZ LLUHI J, Kwok R, et al. Acetylation and deacetylation regulate CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta at K39 in mediating gene transcription. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;289:94-101 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that acetylation of C/EBPbeta at K39 is an important and dynamic regulatory event that contributes to its ability to transactivate target genes, including those associated with adipogenesis and adipocyte function. ..
- Sunagawa Y, Morimoto T, Takaya T, Kaichi S, Wada H, Kawamura T, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase-9 is a component of the p300/GATA4 complex required for phenylephrine-induced hypertrophy in cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9556-68 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Cdk9 forms a functional complex with the p300/GATA4 and is required for p300/GATA4- transcriptional pathway during cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. ..
- Torres L, Sandoval J, Penella E, Zaragoza R, García C, Rodriguez J, et al. In vivo GSH depletion induces c-myc expression by modulation of chromatin protein complexes. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:1534-42 pubmed publisher..On the whole, our experiments suggest a novel mechanism for the effect of GSH on gene expression involving chromatin changes from a repressive to an open structure accessible to transcription factors such as STAT3. ..
- Chaudhary J, Skinner M. Role of the transcriptional coactivator CBP/p300 in linking basic helix-loop-helix and CREB responses for follicle-stimulating hormone-mediated activation of the transferrin promoter in Sertoli cells. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:568-74 pubmed..These observations suggest that CBP/p300 appears to be involved in regulating FSH-mediated activation of the transferrin promoter by linking bHLH and CREB activities. ..
- Sahar S, Reddy M, Wong C, Meng L, Wang M, Natarajan R. Cooperation of SRC-1 and p300 with NF-kappaB and CREB in angiotensin II-induced IL-6 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1528-34 pubmed..These results provide new insights into nuclear chromatin mechanisms by which Ang II regulates inflammatory gene expression. ..
- Takahashi H, Friedmacher F, Fujiwara N, Hofmann A, Takahashi T, Puri P. Downregulation of p300 gene expression in airway mesenchyme of nitrofen-induced hypoplastic lungs. Pediatr Surg Int. 2014;30:431-5 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of p300 gene expression during the early canalicular stage may disrupt epithelial-mesenchymal signaling interactions, contributing to the development of hypoplastic lungs in the nitrofen-induced CDH model. ..
- Gressner O, Lahme B, Rehbein K, Siluschek M, Weiskirchen R, Gressner A. Pharmacological application of caffeine inhibits TGF-beta-stimulated connective tissue growth factor expression in hepatocytes via PPARgamma and SMAD2/3-dependent pathways. J Hepatol. 2008;49:758-67 pubmed publisher..Long-term caffeinization might be an option for anti-fibrotic trials in chronic liver diseases. ..
- Dai Y, Ngo D, Jacob J, Forman L, Faller D. Prohibitin and the SWI/SNF ATPase subunit BRG1 are required for effective androgen antagonist-mediated transcriptional repression of androgen receptor-regulated genes. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:1725-33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in addition to its necessary role in AR-mediated transcriptional repression, we demonstrate that prohibitin is required for full and efficient androgen antagonist-mediated growth suppression of prostate cancer cells. ..
- Dohda T, Kaneoka H, Inayoshi Y, Kamihira M, Miyake K, Iijima S. Transcriptional coactivators CBP and p300 cooperatively enhance HNF-1alpha-mediated expression of the albumin gene in hepatocytes. J Biochem. 2004;136:313-9 pubmed..In addition, inhibition of CBP or p300 using small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) resulted in a reduction in albumin expression. These results suggest that both CBP and p300 are required for enhanced expression of albumin. ..
- Hong S, Zheng G, Wiley J. Epigenetic regulation of genes that modulate chronic stress-induced visceral pain in the peripheral nervous system. Gastroenterology. 2015;148:148-157.e7 pubmed publisher..CNR1), DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1), transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1), and EP300 were knocked down in DRG neurons in situ with small interfering RNAs...
- Yee C, Yao Y, Li P, Klemsz M, Blum J, Chang C. Cathepsin E: a novel target for regulation by class II transactivator. J Immunol. 2004;172:5528-34 pubmed..We found that CatE expression is inducible by PU.1 and p300, and that this induction can be reversed by CIITA. These findings demonstrate a novel phenomenon: regulation of CatE Ag processing by CIITA in an isoform-dependent manner. ..
- Imamura T, Imamura C, McAlinden A, Davies S, Iwamoto Y, Sandell L. A novel tumor necrosis factor alpha-responsive CCAAT/enhancer binding protein site regulates expression of the cartilage-derived retinoic acid-sensitive protein gene in cartilage. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:1366-76 pubmed publisher..TNFalpha regulates the expression and/or DNA-binding potential of key positive-acting and negative-acting transcription factors that control the expression of the cartilage matrix gene, cd-rap. ..
- He F, Zhou M, Yu T, Zhao D, Zhang J, Qiu W, et al. Sublytic C5b-9 triggers glomerular mesangial cell apoptosis in rat Thy-1 nephritis via Gadd45 activation mediated by Egr-1 and p300-dependent ATF3 acetylation. J Mol Cell Biol. 2016;8:477-491 pubmed..Together, these findings implicate that sublytic C5b-9-induced activation of Egr-1/p300-ATF3/Gadd45 axis plays a critical role in GMC apoptosis in Thy-1N rats. ..
- Kimura T, Li Y, Okumura F, Itoh N, Nakanishi T, Sone T, et al. Chromium(VI) inhibits mouse metallothionein-I gene transcription by preventing the zinc-dependent formation of an MTF-1-p300 complex. Biochem J. 2008;415:477-82 pubmed publisher..has recently been shown to induce the formation of a co-activator complex containing MTF-1 and the histone acetyltransferase p300 which plays an essential role in the activation of MT-I transcription...
- Gaub P, Joshi Y, Wuttke A, Naumann U, Schnichels S, Heiduschka P, et al. The histone acetyltransferase p300 promotes intrinsic axonal regeneration. Brain. 2011;134:2134-48 pubmed publisher..Therefore, p300 targets both the epigenome and transcription to unlock a post-injury silent gene expression programme that would support axonal regeneration. ..
- Semenza G. Regulation of oxygen homeostasis by hypoxia-inducible factor 1. Physiology (Bethesda). 2009;24:97-106 pubmed publisher..HIF-1 also mediates maladaptive responses to chronic continuous and intermittent hypoxia, which underlie the development of pulmonary and systemic hypertension, respectively. ..
- Balakrishnan L, Stewart J, Polaczek P, Campbell J, Bambara R. Acetylation of Dna2 endonuclease/helicase and flap endonuclease 1 by p300 promotes DNA stability by creating long flap intermediates. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4398-404 pubmed publisher..For example, altering the ratio between short and long flap Okazaki fragment processing would be a mechanism for better correction of the error-prone synthesis catalyzed by DNA polymerase alpha. ..
- Duan Y, Zhou B, Su H, Liu Y, Du C. miR-150 regulates high glucose-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by targeting the transcriptional co-activator p300. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:173-84 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated a novel upstream role for miR-150 in p300-mediated cardiomyocyte hypertrophy and revealed a previously uncharacterized miRNAs and HATs cross-talk mechanism for the hypertrophic phenotype induced by high glucose. ..
- Chamberlain W, Gonnella P, Alamdari N, Aversa Z, Hasselgren P. Multiple muscle wasting-related transcription factors are acetylated in dexamethasone-treated muscle cells. Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;90:200-8 pubmed publisherRecent studies suggest that the expression and activity of the histone acetyltransferase p300 are upregulated in catabolic muscle allowing for acetylation of cellular proteins...
- Emani S, Ramlawi B, Sodha N, Li J, Bianchi C, Sellke F. Increased vascular permeability after cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with diabetes is associated with increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;138:185-91 pubmed publisher
- Zaragoza R, Gimeno A, Miralles V, García Trevijano E, Carmena R, Garcia C, et al. Retinoids induce MMP-9 expression through RARalpha during mammary gland remodeling. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E1140-8 pubmed..This emphasizes the importance of retinoids in vivo to regulate mammary gland involution. ..
- Morris L, Allen K, La Thangue N. Regulation of E2F transcription by cyclin E-Cdk2 kinase mediated through p300/CBP co-activators. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:232-9 pubmed..These results indicate that E2F activity may be directly regulated by cyclin E-Cdk2, and imply an autoregulatory mechanism for cell-cycle-dependent transcription through the CDK-stimulated interaction of E2F with p300/CBP co-activators. ..
- Lau P, Nixon S, Parton R, Muscat G. RORalpha regulates the expression of genes involved in lipid homeostasis in skeletal muscle cells: caveolin-3 and CPT-1 are direct targets of ROR. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36828-40 pubmed..In conclusion, we speculate that ROR agonists would increase fatty acid catabolism in muscle and suggest selective activators of ROR may have therapeutic utility in the treatment of obesity and atherosclerosis. ..
- Tang C, Yang R, Chen Y, Fu W. Basic fibroblast growth factor stimulates fibronectin expression through phospholipase C gamma, protein kinase C alpha, c-Src, NF-kappaB, and p300 pathway in osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:45-55 pubmed..Our results suggest that bFGF increased Fn expression in rat osteoblasts via the FGFR2/PLCgamma2/PKCalpha/c-Src/NF-kappaB signaling pathway. ..
- Boumah C, Lee M, Selvamurugan N, Shimizu E, Partridge N. Runx2 recruits p300 to mediate parathyroid hormone's effects on histone acetylation and transcriptional activation of the matrix metalloproteinase-13 gene. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:1255-63 pubmed publisher..This work establishes the molecular basis of transcriptional regulation in osteoblasts by PTH, a hormone acting through a G-protein coupled receptor. ..
- Hall J, McDonnell D. Coregulators in nuclear estrogen receptor action: from concept to therapeutic targeting. Mol Interv. 2005;5:343-57 pubmed..This review also describes current efforts aimed at developing pharmaceutical agents that target ER-cofactor interactions as therapeutics for estrogen-associated pathologies. ..
- Zhang R, Han M, Zheng B, Li Y, Shu Y, Wen J. Krüppel-like factor 4 interacts with p300 to activate mitofusin 2 gene expression induced by all-trans retinoic acid in VSMCs. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:1293-302 pubmed publisher..KLF4 acetylation by p300 increased its activity to transactivate the mfn-2 promoter. ATRA induces KLF4 acetylation by p300 and increases the ability of KLF4 to transactivate the mfn-2 promoter in VSMCs. ..
- Bomsztyk K, Flanagin S, Mar D, Mikula M, Johnson A, ZAGER R, et al. Synchronous recruitment of epigenetic modifiers to endotoxin synergistically activated Tnf-? gene in acute kidney injury. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70322 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that I/R and LPS differentially trigger phosphorylation (Pol II and histone) and acetylation (histone) epigenetic pathways that interact at the Tnf-? gene to generate endotoxin hyperresponse in AKI. ..
- Yu K, Zheng B, Han M, Wen J. ATRA activates and PDGF-BB represses the SM22? promoter through KLF4 binding to, or dissociating from, its cis-DNA elements. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;90:464-74 pubmed publisher..In VSMCs, ATRA activates and PDGF-BB represses SM22? expression through KLF4 binding to, or dissociating from, its different cis-elements in an acetylation-dependent manner. ..
- Su M, Bansal A, Mantovani R, Sodek J. Recruitment of nuclear factor Y to the inverted CCAAT element (ICE) by c-Jun and E1A stimulates basal transcription of the bone sialoprotein gene in osteosarcoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38365-75 pubmed
- Mochizuki K, Kawai H, Mochizuki H, Shimada M, Takase S, Goda T. Fatty acids in component of milk enhance the expression of the cAMP-response-element-binding-protein-binding protein (CBP)/p300 gene in developing rats. Br J Nutr. 2008;99:481-6 pubmed..The present results suggest that fatty acids in components of milk enhance expression of the CBP/p300 genes in the small intestine. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Michels C, Leung M, Arany Z, Kung A, Livingston D. Functional role of p35srj, a novel p300/CBP binding protein, during transactivation by HIF-1. Genes Dev. 1999;13:64-75 pubmed
- Kim R, Flanders K, Birkey Reffey S, Anderson L, Duckett C, Perkins N, et al. SNIP1 inhibits NF-kappa B signaling by competing for its binding to the C/H1 domain of CBP/p300 transcriptional co-activators. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:46297-304 pubmed..These data led us to suggest that SNIP1 may be an inhibitor of multiple transcriptional pathways that require the C/H1 domain of CBP/p300. ..
- Lee M, Partridge N. Parathyroid hormone activation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 transcription requires the histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 and PCAF and p300-dependent acetylation of PCAF. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38014-22 pubmed publisher..PCAF cooperates with p300 and Runx2 to mediate PTH activation of MMP-13 transcription. ..
- Brendel C, Gelman L, Auwerx J. Multiprotein bridging factor-1 (MBF-1) is a cofactor for nuclear receptors that regulate lipid metabolism. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1367-77 pubmed..MBF-1 seems therefore to act as a bridging factor enabling interactions of nuclear receptors with the transcription machinery. ..
- Zhu X, Huang C, Li Q, Chang R, Song Z, Zou W, et al. p300 exerts an epigenetic role in chronic neuropathic pain through its acetyltransferase activity in rats following chronic constriction injury (CCI). Mol Pain. 2012;8:84 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting p300, using interfering RNA or C646, may be a promising approach to the development of new neuropathic pain therapies. ..
- Aude Garcia C, Collin Faure V, Bausinger H, Hanau D, Rabilloud T, Lemercier C. Dual roles for MEF2A and MEF2D during human macrophage terminal differentiation and c-Jun expression. Biochem J. 2010;430:237-44 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, these data highlight for the first time the possible dual roles of MEF2A and MEF2D in human macrophages, as activators or as repressors of gene transcription. ..
- Chia D, Rotwein P. Defining the epigenetic actions of growth hormone: acute chromatin changes accompany GH-activated gene transcription. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:2038-49 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GH actions induce rapid and dramatic changes in hepatic chromatin at target promoters and propose that the chromatin signature of Igf1 differs from other GH-and Stat5b-dependent genes. ..
- Amat R, Solanes G, Giralt M, Villarroya F. SIRT1 is involved in glucocorticoid-mediated control of uncoupling protein-3 gene transcription. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34066-76 pubmed..The control of SIRT1 activity via the metabolic redox status of the cell points to a novel regulatory pathway of ucp3 gene transcription in response to metabolic and stress signaling in muscle cells. ..
- Lewandowski S, Janardhan H, Smee K, Bachman M, Sun Z, Lazar M, et al. Histone deacetylase 3 modulates Tbx5 activity to regulate early cardiogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:3801-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that Hdac3 plays a critical role in cardiac progenitor cells to regulate early cardiogenesis. ..
- Shikama N, Lee C, France S, Delavaine L, Lyon J, Krstic Demonacos M, et al. A novel cofactor for p300 that regulates the p53 response. Mol Cell. 1999;4:365-76 pubmed..The results provide compelling evidence that the p300/JMY coactivator complex plays a central role in facilitating the p53 response. ..
- Chmelar R, Buchanan G, Need E, Tilley W, Greenberg N. Androgen receptor coregulators and their involvement in the development and progression of prostate cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:719-33 pubmed
- Wong H, Veremeyko T, Patel N, Lemere C, Walsh D, Esau C, et al. De-repression of FOXO3a death axis by microRNA-132 and -212 causes neuronal apoptosis in Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:3077-92 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the miR-132/miR-212/PTEN/FOXO3a signaling pathway contributes to AD neurodegeneration. ..
- Hudelist G, Czerwenka K, Kubista E, Marton E, Pischinger K, Singer C. Expression of sex steroid receptors and their co-factors in normal and malignant breast tissue: AIB1 is a carcinoma-specific co-activator. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003;78:193-204 pubmed
- Covic M, Hassa P, Saccani S, Buerki C, Meier N, Lombardi C, et al. Arginine methyltransferase CARM1 is a promoter-specific regulator of NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression. EMBO J. 2005;24:85-96 pubmed..Our results suggest that the cooperative action between protein arginine methyltransferases and protein lysine acetyltransferases regulates NF-kappaB-dependent gene activation in vivo. ..
- Lee J, Kim H, Lee S, Kim K. Stabilization and activation of p53 induced by Cdk5 contributes to neuronal cell death. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2259-71 pubmed..Collectively, these novel findings help define the mechanisms underlying neuronal apoptosis occurring as a result of Cdk5-mediated p53 stabilization and transcriptional activation. ..
- Jin H, Kanthasamy A, Ghosh A, Yang Y, Anantharam V, Kanthasamy A. ?-Synuclein negatively regulates protein kinase C? expression to suppress apoptosis in dopaminergic neurons by reducing p300 histone acetyltransferase activity. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2035-51 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the role of ?syn in neuroprotection by modulating the expression of the key proapoptotic kinase PKC? in dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Fonte C, Trousson A, Grenier J, Schumacher M, Massaad C. Opposite effects of CBP and p300 in glucocorticoid signaling in astrocytes. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;104:220-7 pubmed..Moreover, in astrocytes the opposite effects of CBP and p300 could lead to a balance in the transactivation potency of the GR, in order to fine tune the action of glucocorticoids. ..
- Chen Y, Sprung R, Tang Y, Ball H, Sangras B, Kim S, et al. Lysine propionylation and butyrylation are novel post-translational modifications in histones. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:812-9 pubmed
- von Mikecz A, Zhang S, Montminy M, Tan E, Hemmerich P. CREB-binding protein (CBP)/p300 and RNA polymerase II colocalize in transcriptionally active domains in the nucleus. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:265-73 pubmed..The identification of pol II in CBP/PML-containing nuclear bodies supports the idea that transcription takes place at PML bodies. ..
- Davidson S, Townsend P, Carroll C, Yurek George A, Balasubramanyam K, Kundu T, et al. The transcriptional coactivator p300 plays a critical role in the hypertrophic and protective pathways induced by phenylephrine in cardiac cells but is specific to the hypertrophic effect of urocortin. Chembiochem. 2005;6:162-70 pubmed