Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eno1
Description: enolase 1
Alias: Nne, alpha-enolase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase, enolase 1, (alpha), enolase 1, alpha non-neuron, non-neural enolase
- Hernández Pérez L, Depardon F, Fernández Ramírez F, Sánchez Trujillo A, Bermúdez Cruz R, Dangott L, et al. ?-Enolase binds to RNA. Biochimie. 2011;93:1520-8 pubmed publisher..Enolase may play other roles in addition to its well described function in glycolysis. ..
- Zhu L, Fang N, Gao P, Jin X, Wang H. Differential expression of alpha-enolase in the normal and pathological cardiac growth. Exp Mol Pathol. 2009;87:27-31 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon provides the potential clues to understanding pathophysiological mechanisms in cardiac hypertrophy of SHR. ..
- Jin X, Wang L, Xia L, Zheng Y, Meng C, Yu Y, et al. Hyper-phosphorylation of alpha-enolase in hypertrophied left ventricle of spontaneously hypertensive rat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:804-9 pubmed publisher..The further investigation based on these results would provide new clues to understand the pathological process of cardiac hypertrophy in SHR. ..
- Jin X, Xia L, Wang L, Shi J, Zheng Y, Chen W, et al. Differential protein expression in hypertrophic heart with and without hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Proteomics. 2006;6:1948-56 pubmed..Our results also provide evidence to support the hypothesis that oxidative stress plays an important role in the development of hypertensive cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Lopez Alemany R, Longstaff C, Hawley S, Mirshahi M, Fábregas P, Jardi M, et al. Inhibition of cell surface mediated plasminogen activation by a monoclonal antibody against alpha-Enolase. Am J Hematol. 2003;72:234-42 pubmed..These data suggest that, although leukocytic cells display several molecules that bind plasminogen, alpha-enolase is responsible for the majority of the promotion of plasminogen activation on the surfaces of leukocytic cells. ..
- Nakajima K, Hamanoue M, Takemoto N, Hattori T, Kato K, Kohsaka S. Plasminogen binds specifically to alpha-enolase on rat neuronal plasma membrane. J Neurochem. 1994;63:2048-57 pubmed..These results suggest that alpha-enolase may function as a PGn-binding molecule on the neuronal cell surface. ..
- Jørgensen O, Centervall G. Alpha gamma-enolase in the rat: ontogeny and tissue distribution. J Neurochem. 1982;39:537-42 pubmed
- Giallongo A, Feo S, Moore R, Croce C, Showe L. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of a full-length cDNA for human alpha enolase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986;83:6741-5 pubmed..The transcriptional regulation of enolase expression in response to mitogenic stimulation of peripheral blood lymphocytes and in response to heat shock is also discussed. ..
- Mizukami Y, Iwamatsu A, Aki T, Kimura M, Nakamura K, Nao T, et al. ERK1/2 regulates intracellular ATP levels through alpha-enolase expression in cardiomyocytes exposed to ischemic hypoxia and reoxygenation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50120-31 pubmed..Our results reveal that ERK1/2 plays a role in the contractility of cardiomyocytes and cell survival through alpha-enolase expression during ischemic hypoxia and reoxygenation. ..
- Obermajer N, Doljak B, Jamnik P, Fonović U, Kos J. Cathepsin X cleaves the C-terminal dipeptide of alpha- and gamma-enolase and impairs survival and neuritogenesis of neuronal cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:1685-96 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the proliferation of cells is decreased, indicating induction of differentiation. Our study reveals enolase isozymes as crucial neurotrophic factors that are regulated by the proteolytic activity of cathepsin X. ..
- Ghosh A, Steele R, Ray R. Functional domains of c-myc promoter binding protein 1 involved in transcriptional repression and cell growth regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2880-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that MBP-1 is a complex cellular factor containing multiple transcriptional regulatory domains that play an important role in cell growth regulation. ..
- Berry M, Gregory R, Grivell A, Henly D, Phillips J, Wallace P, et al. Evidence that stimulation of gluconeogenesis by fatty acid is mediated through thermodynamic mechanisms. FEBS Lett. 1988;231:19-24 pubmed..e. mitochondrial membrane and redox potentials and cellular phosphorylation potential). These findings suggest that the fatty acid stimulation of glucose synthesis is in part mediated through thermodynamic mechanisms. ..
- Ledesma M, Da Silva J, Schevchenko A, Wilm M, Dotti C. Proteomic characterisation of neuronal sphingolipid-cholesterol microdomains: role in plasminogen activation. Brain Res. 2003;987:107-16 pubmed..These observations suggest that neuronal rafts may play, in addition to intracellular signaling, a role in extracellular/membrane protein proteolysis. ..
- Luo Q, Jiang L, Chen G, Feng Y, Lv Q, Zhang C, et al. Constitutive heat shock protein 70 interacts with ?-enolase and protects cardiomyocytes against oxidative stress. Free Radic Res. 2011;45:1355-65 pubmed publisher..Our research suggests that the protective effect of Hsc70 on the cardiomyocytes against oxidative stress is partly associated with its interaction with ?-enolase. ..
- Couldrey C, Carlton M, Ferrier J, Colledge W, Evans M. Disruption of murine alpha-enolase by a retroviral gene trap results in early embryonic lethality. Dev Dyn. 1998;212:284-92 pubmed..Mutations of this gene in humans are reported to be associated with rare autosomal-dominant, non-spherocytic haemolytic anaemia. This phenotype is not reproduced in mice heterozygous for this mutation. ..
- Forster F, Paster W, Supper V, Schatzlmaier P, Sunzenauer S, Ostler N, et al. Guanylate binding protein 1-mediated interaction of T cell antigen receptor signaling with the cytoskeleton. J Immunol. 2014;192:771-81 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GBP-1 is a downstream processor of IFN-? via which T cells regulate cytoskeleton-dependent cell functions. ..
- Ray R, Miller D. Cloning and characterization of a human c-myc promoter-binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:2154-61 pubmed..Coexpression of the MBP-1 protein repress transcription from the human c-myc promoter, suggesting that MBP-1 may act as a negative regulatory factor for the human c-myc gene. ..