Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eef1a1
Description: eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 alpha 1
Alias: EEF-1, EEF1A, EF1A, Eef1a2, Eef1a2l1, elongation factor 1-alpha 1, EF-1 alpha2, EF-1-alpha-1, EF-Tu, eEF1A-1, elongation factor 1 A-1, elongation factor Tu, eukaryotic elongation factor 1 A-1, eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 alpha 2 like 1
- BoratkÃ³ A, PÃ©ter M, Thalwieser Z, KovÃ¡cs E, Csortos C. Elongation factor-1A1 is a novel substrate of the protein phosphatase 1-TIMAP complex. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;69:105-13 pubmed publisher..Direct interaction of TIMAP with the eukaryotic elongation factor 1 A1 (eEF1A1) is shown by pull-down, LC-MS/MS, Far-Western and immunoprecipitations...
- Zhong D, Zhang J, Yang S, Soh U, Buschdorf J, Zhou Y, et al. The SAM domain of the RhoGAP DLC1 binds EF1A1 to regulate cell migration. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:414-24 pubmed publisher..This finding reveals a novel contribution of the SAM-EF1A1 interaction as a potentially important GAP-independent modulation of cell migration by DLC1. ..
- Xilouri M, Stefanis L. Chaperone mediated autophagy to the rescue: A new-fangled target for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;66:29-36 pubmed publisher..This article is part of Special Issue entitled "Neuronal Protein". ..
- Achenbach J, Nierhaus K. The mechanics of ribosomal translocation. Biochimie. 2015;114:80-9 pubmed publisher..This review inspects and surveys these achievements. ..
- Tash J, Chakrasali R, Jakkaraj S, Hughes J, Smith S, Hornbaker K, et al. Gamendazole, an orally active indazole carboxylic acid male contraceptive agent, targets HSP90AB1 (HSP90BETA) and EEF1A1 (eEF1A), and stimulates Il1a transcription in rat Sertoli cells. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:1139-52 pubmed publisher..heat shock 90-kDa protein 1, beta]) and EEF1A1 (previously known as eEF1A [eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 alpha 1]) were identified as binding targets by biotinylated gamendazole (BT-GMZ) affinity purification from ..
- Zhang D, Yan H, Hu J, Zhang J, Teng M, Tong D, et al. Identification of mitochondria translation elongation factor Tu as a contributor to oxidative damage of postburn myocardium. J Proteomics. 2012;77:469-79 pubmed publisher..One of the differentially expressed proteins, mitochondria translation elongation factor Tu (EF-Tumt), was hypothesized to contribute crucially to postburn oxidative cardiac damage...
- Ann D, Lin H, Lee S, Tu Z, Wang E. Characterization of the statin-like S1 and rat elongation factor 1 alpha as two distinctly expressed messages in rat. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:699-702 pubmed..Therefore, the EF-1 alpha and S1 genes are different genes, both expressed and regulated in vivo, but in differential quantitative and qualitative patterns. ..
- Nandan D, Cherkasov A, Sabouti R, Yi T, Reiner N. Molecular cloning, biochemical and structural analysis of elongation factor-1 alpha from Leishmania donovani: comparison with the mammalian homologue. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;302:646-52 pubmed..Since EF-1 alpha is essential for survival, the distinct biochemical and structural properties of Leishmania EF-1 alpha may provide a novel target for drug development. ..
- McClatchy D, Knudsen C, Clark B, Kahn R, Hall R, Levey A. Novel interaction between the M4 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor and elongation factor 1A2. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29268-74 pubmed..Using a brain pull-down assay, we identify elongation factor 1A2 (eEF1A2) as a specific binding partner to the i3 loop of M4, and not to M1 or M2...
- Li H, Su Y, Cheng T, Xu J, Liao J, Chen J, et al. The interaction between interferon-induced protein with tetratricopeptide repeats-1 and eukaryotic elongation factor-1A. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;337:101-10 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate an interaction between IFIT1 and eukaryotic elongation factor-1A (eEF1A) both in vitro, using recombinant proteins as bait in pull-down assays, and in vivo, using laser confocal ..
- Parra Torres N, CÃ¡zares Raga F, Kouri J. Proteomic analysis of rat cartilage: the identification of differentially expressed proteins in the early stages of osteoarthritis. Proteome Sci. 2014;12:55 pubmed publisher..glycolysis and energy production (Nme2 and Pnp), cartilage matrix (Col2a1), transcription and protein synthesis (Eef1a1 and DJ-1), signal transduction (CaM and Pebp1), transport (Alb and Hba1), and latexin (Lxn)...
- Moon I, Cho S, Jung J, Park I, Kim D, Kim J, et al. Presence of translation elongation factor-1A in the rat cerebellar postsynaptic density. Neurosci Lett. 2004;362:53-6 pubmed..derived from tryptic digestion of the protein was contained in eukaryotic translation elongation factor-1A (eEF1A, formerly known as eEF-1alpha)...
- Borradaile N, Buhman K, Listenberger L, Magee C, Morimoto E, Ory D, et al. A critical role for eukaryotic elongation factor 1A-1 in lipotoxic cell death. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:770-8 pubmed..b>eEF1A-1 involvement in lipotoxicity was confirmed in H9c2 cardiomyoblasts, in which small interfering RNA-mediated ..
- Ann D, Moutsatsos I, Nakamura T, Lin H, Mao P, Lee M, et al. Isolation and characterization of the rat chromosomal gene for a polypeptide (pS1) antigenically related to statin. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10429-37 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Tsokas P, Grace E, Chan P, Ma T, Sealfon S, Iyengar R, et al. Local protein synthesis mediates a rapid increase in dendritic elongation factor 1A after induction of late long-term potentiation. J Neurosci. 2005;25:5833-43 pubmed..the induction of protein synthesis-dependent hippocampal LTP increases the expression of elongation factor 1A (eEF1A), the mRNA of which contains a 5' terminal oligopyrimidine tract...
- Carlson B, Borisov A, Dedkov E, Khalyfa A, Kostrominova T, Macpherson P, et al. Effects of long-term denervation on skeletal muscle in old rats. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2002;57:B366-74 pubmed..contractile properties, morphology, and levels of several key molecules, including the peptide elongation factors eEF1A-1 and eEF1A-2/S1, myogenin, gamma-subunit of the acetylcholine receptor, and cyclin D3...
- Sooy K, Demay M. Transcriptional repression of the rat osteocalcin gene by deltaEF1. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3370-5 pubmed..Overexpression of deltaEF1 in ROS 17/2.8 cells led to an 84% decrease in osteocalcin mRNA levels relative to cells transfected with empty vector, confirming that deltaEF1 suppresses expression of the endogenous osteocalcin gene. ..
- Bluem R, Schmidt E, Corvey C, Karas M, Schlicksupp A, Kirsch J, et al. Components of the translational machinery are associated with juvenile glycine receptors and are redistributed to the cytoskeleton upon aging and synaptic activity. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37783-93 pubmedThe translation eukaryotic elongation factor 1alpha (eEF1A) is a monomeric GTPase involved in protein synthesis...
- Lee S, Ann D, Wang E. Cloning of human and mouse brain cDNAs coding for S1, the second member of the mammalian elongation factor-1 alpha gene family: analysis of a possible evolutionary pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:1371-7 pubmed..These results indicate that mouse and man contain a second member of the EF-1 alpha gene family, the S1 gene. They also suggest that our result obtained in rat may be extrapolated to mouse and man. ..
- Shirasawa T, Sakamoto K, Akashi T, Takahashi H, Kawashima A. Nucleotide sequence of rat elongation factor-1 alpha cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:909 pubmed
- Fan K, Chrzanowska Lightowlers Z, Hesketh J. Fine mapping of interactions between eEF1alpha protein and 3'UTR of metallothionein-1 mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:82-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a 5-bp internal stem in the MT-1 3'UTR is critical for binding of eEF1alpha and histidine-tRNA ligase, and that binding of eEF1alpha is facilitated through domains I and III. ..
- Eckhardt K, Troger J, Reissmann J, Katschinski D, Wagner K, Stengel P, et al. Male germ cell expression of the PAS domain kinase PASKIN and its novel target eukaryotic translation elongation factor eEF1A1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:227-40 pubmed..By yeast two-hybrid screening, we identified the multifunctional eukaryotic translation elongation factor eEF1A1 as a novel interaction partner of PASKIN...
- Barrera I, Flores Méndez M, Hernández Kelly L, Cid L, Huerta M, Zinker S, et al. Glutamate regulates eEF1A phosphorylation and ribosomal transit time in Bergmann glial cells. Neurochem Int. 2010;57:795-803 pubmed publisher..In this contribution, we sought to characterize the phosphorylation status of the eukaryotic elongation factor 1A (eEF1A) and the ribosomal transit time under glutamate exposure...
- Hashimoto K, Ishima T. Neurite outgrowth mediated by translation elongation factor eEF1A1: a target for antiplatelet agent cilostazol. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17431 pubmed publisher..Using a proteomics analysis, we identified that levels of eukaryotic translation elongation factor eEF1A1 protein were significantly increased by treatment with cilostazol, but not cilostamide, in PC12 cells...
- Pan J, Ruest L, Xu S, Wang E. Immuno-characterization of the switch of peptide elongation factors eEF1A-1/EF-1alpha and eEF1A-2/S1 in the central nervous system during mouse development. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;149:1-8 pubmedDuring early postnatal development, a switch occurs between eEF1A-1/EF-1alpha and eEF1A-2/S1, homologous peptide elongation factors, in brain, heart, and skeletal muscle; eEF1A-2/S1 becomes the major form expressed in maturity...
- Chen J, Ruan R. Identifying stable reference genes for evaluation of antioxidative enzyme gene expression in auditory cortex and cochlea of young and old Fischer 344 rats. Acta Otolaryngol. 2009;129:644-50 pubmed publisher..However, Cu/Zn-SOD and catalase levels differ significantly in the auditory cortex when they are normalized with beta-actin, an invalid reference gene, resulting in the misinterpretation of the target gene expression levels. ..
- Taniguchi S, Miyamoto S, Sadano H, Kobayashi H. Rat elongation factor 1 alpha: sequence of cDNA from a highly metastatic fos-transferred cell line. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:6949 pubmed
- Mingot J, Vega S, Cano A, Portillo F, Nieto M. eEF1A mediates the nuclear export of SNAG-containing proteins via the Exportin5-aminoacyl-tRNA complex. Cell Rep. 2013;5:727-37 pubmed publisher..aminoacylated, the Exportin5-aminoacyl (aa)-tRNA complex recruits and coexports the translation elongation factor eEF1A. Here, we show that eEF1A binds to Snail transcription factors when bound to their main target, the E-cadherin ..
- Remmers E, Griffiths M, Longman R, Gulko P, Kawahito Y, Chen S, et al. An integrated rat genetic map: analysis of linkage conservation with the mouse and human maps. Transplant Proc. 1999;31:1549-54 pubmed