Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eea1
Description: early endosome antigen 1
Alias: early endosome antigen 1
- Stober C, Brode S, White J, Popoff J, Blackwell J. Slc11a1, formerly Nramp1, is expressed in dendritic cells and influences major histocompatibility complex class II expression and antigen-presenting cell function. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5059-67 pubmed..These data indicate that wild-type Slc11a1 expressed in DCs may play a role both in determining resistance to infectious disease and in susceptibility to autoimmune disease such as type 1 diabetes. ..
- Hatanaka T, Hatanaka Y, Setou M. Regulation of amino acid transporter ATA2 by ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35922-30 pubmed
- Giles L, Li L, Chin L. Printor, a novel torsinA-interacting protein implicated in dystonia pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21765-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that printor is a new component of the DYT1 pathogenic pathway and provide a potential molecular target for therapeutic intervention in dystonia. ..
- Krag C, Malmberg E, Salcini A. PI3KC2?, a class II PI3K, is required for dynamin-independent internalization pathways. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:4240-50 pubmed publisher..PI3KC2? in regulating physiologically relevant dynamin-independent internalization pathways by recruiting early endosome antigen 1 (EEA1) to vesicular compartments, a step required for the intracellular trafficking of vesicles generated ..
- Maric J, Kiss R, Franklin V, Marcel Y. Intracellular lipidation of newly synthesized apolipoprotein A-I in primary murine hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39942-9 pubmed..Kiss, R. S., Franklin, V., Wang, M. D., Haidar, B., and Marcel, Y. L. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 21612-21621) occurs after secretion at the cell surface...
- Reed B, Cefalu C, Bellaire B, Cardelli J, Louis T, Salamon J, et al. GLUT1CBP(TIP2/GIPC1) interactions with GLUT1 and myosin VI: evidence supporting an adapter function for GLUT1CBP. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4183-201 pubmed
- Ceriani M, Amigoni L, D Aloia A, Berruti G, Martegani E. The deubiquitinating enzyme UBPy/USP8 interacts with TrkA and inhibits neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2015;333:49-59 pubmed publisher..Finally we have studied the role played by USP8 on TrkA turnover; using specific siRNA for USP8 we found that USP8 knockdown increases TrkA half-life, suggesting that the deubiquitinating activity of USP8 promotes TrkA degradation. ..
- Bartuzi P, Billadeau D, Favier R, Rong S, Dekker D, Fedoseienko A, et al. CCC- and WASH-mediated endosomal sorting of LDLR is required for normal clearance of circulating LDL. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10961 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides valuable insights into the mechanisms regulating cholesterol homeostasis and LDLR trafficking. ..
- Nazarewicz R, Salazar G, Patrushev N, San Martin A, Hilenski L, Xiong S, et al. Early endosomal antigen 1 (EEA1) is an obligate scaffold for angiotensin II-induced, PKC-alpha-dependent Akt activation in endosomes. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2886-95 pubmed publisher..Using cell fractionation and fluorescence methods, we demonstrate that the early endosomal antigen-1 (EEA1)-positive endosomes are a major site of Ang II-induced Akt activation...
- Gouttenoire E, Lupo V, Calpena E, Bartesaghi L, Schüpfer F, Medard J, et al. Sh3tc2 deficiency affects neuregulin-1/ErbB signaling. Glia. 2013;61:1041-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that the molecular mechanism for the axonal size sensing is disturbed in Sh3tc2-deficient myelinating Schwann cells, thus providing a novel insight into the pathophysiology of CMT4C neuropathy. ..
- Essalmani R, Susan Resiga D, Chamberland A, Asselin M, Canuel M, Constam D, et al. Furin is the primary in vivo convertase of angiopoietin-like 3 and endothelial lipase in hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26410-8 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of furin or PC5/6 in hepatocytes and complete PACE4 KO did not appreciably modify plasma HDL levels or EL activity. Thus, inhibition of furin in liver would not be expected to modify the plasma lipid profiles. ..
- Yu T, Calvo L, Anta B, L pez Benito S, L pez Bellido R, Vicente Garc a C, et al. In vivo regulation of NGF-mediated functions by Nedd4-2 ubiquitination of TrkA. J Neurosci. 2014;34:6098-106 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the ubiquitination of the TrkA neurotrophin receptor plays a critical role in NGF-mediated functions, such as neuronal survival and sensitivity to pain...
- Wan J, Cheung A, Fu W, Wu C, Zhang M, Mobley W, et al. Endophilin B1 as a novel regulator of nerve growth factor/ TrkA trafficking and neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci. 2008;28:9002-12 pubmed publisher..We found that endophilin B1 interacts with both TrkA and early endosome marker EEA1. Interestingly, knockdown of endophilin B1 results in enlarged EEA1-positive vesicles in NGF-treated PC12 cells...
- Nechiporuk T, Fernandez T, Vasioukhin V. Failure of epithelial tube maintenance causes hydrocephalus and renal cysts in Dlg5-/- mice. Dev Cell. 2007;13:338-50 pubmed..These findings show that Dlg5 is causally involved in hydrocephalus and renal cysts and reveal that targeted membrane delivery of cadherin-catenin adhesion complexes is critical for cell polarity and epithelial tube maintenance. ..
- Johnson D, Yamaji S, Tennant J, Srai S, Sharp P. Regulation of divalent metal transporter expression in human intestinal epithelial cells following exposure to non-haem iron. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1923-9 pubmed
- Simonsen A, Lippe R, Christoforidis S, Gaullier J, Brech A, Callaghan J, et al. EEA1 links PI(3)K function to Rab5 regulation of endosome fusion. Nature. 1998;394:494-8 pubmed..Here we identify the early-endosomal autoantigen EEA1 which binds the PI(3)K product phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate, as a new Rab5 effector that is required for ..
- Verges M, Havel R, Mostov K. A tubular endosomal fraction from rat liver: biochemical evidence of receptor sorting by default. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10146-51 pubmed..associated with recycling endosomes, such as rab 11, cellubrevin, and endobrevin, but relatively poor in early endosome antigen 1. As RRC contains mainly tubules and small vesicles, our results indicate that it is enriched in elements ..
- Dumas J, Merithew E, Sudharshan E, Rajamani D, Hayes S, Lawe D, et al. Multivalent endosome targeting by homodimeric EEA1. Mol Cell. 2001;8:947-58 pubmed..A unique mode of membrane engagement deduced from the quaternary structure of the C-terminal region provides insight into the structural basis of endosome tethering. ..
- Cavet M, Pang J, Yin G, Berk B. An epidermal growth factor (EGF) -dependent interaction between GIT1 and sorting nexin 6 promotes degradation of the EGF receptor. FASEB J. 2008;22:3607-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a new role for GIT1 in tyrosine kinase receptor trafficking. ..
- Ahtiainen L, Luiro K, Kauppi M, Tyynelä J, Kopra O, Jalanko A. Palmitoyl protein thioesterase 1 (PPT1) deficiency causes endocytic defects connected to abnormal saposin processing. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1540-53 pubmed..These data provide new insights into the metabolism of PPT1-deficient cells and offer a basis for further studies on cellular processes causing neuronal death in INCL and other neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Mukai A, Mizuno E, Kobayashi K, Matsumoto M, Nakayama K, Kitamura N, et al. Dynamic regulation of ubiquitylation and deubiquitylation at the central spindle during cytokinesis. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1325-33 pubmed publisher..Our results thus implicate the ubiquitylation/deubiquitylation of proteins including VAMP8 in cytokinesis. ..
- Berger P, Berger I, Schaffitzel C, Tersar K, Volkmer B, Suter U. Multi-level regulation of myotubularin-related protein-2 phosphatase activity by myotubularin-related protein-13/set-binding factor-2. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:569-79 pubmed
- Gruper Y, Bar J, Bacharach E, Ehrlich R. Transferrin receptor co-localizes and interacts with the hemochromatosis factor (HFE) and the divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) in trophoblast cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:901-12 pubmed..Based on previous and these data we suggest that the level of intracellular iron may regulate both TfR expression (on the post-transcriptional and the post-translational levels) and TfR trafficking/transcytosis in polarized cells. ..
- Pons V, Ustunel C, Rolland C, Torti E, Parton R, Gruenberg J. SNX12 role in endosome membrane transport. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38949 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data show that despite lower expression level, SNX12 shares redundant functions with SNX3 in the biogenesis of multivesicular endosomes. ..
- Fossale E, Wolf P, Espinola J, Lubicz Nawrocka T, Teed A, Gao H, et al. Membrane trafficking and mitochondrial abnormalities precede subunit c deposition in a cerebellar cell model of juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. BMC Neurosci. 2004;5:57 pubmed..Moreover, these deficiencies are likely to be early events in the JNCL disease process and may particularly impact neuronal survival. ..
- Gurung R, Tan A, Ooms L, McGrath M, Huysmans R, Munday A, et al. Identification of a novel domain in two mammalian inositol-polyphosphate 5-phosphatases that mediates membrane ruffle localization. The inositol 5-phosphatase skip localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum and translocates to membrane ruffles following . J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11376-85 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate a novel membrane-targeting domain that serves to recruit SKIP and PIPP to membrane ruffles. ..
- Qin Y, Deng Y, Ricketts C, Srikantan S, Wang E, Maher E, et al. The tumor susceptibility gene TMEM127 is mutated in renal cell carcinomas and modulates endolysosomal function. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:2428-39 pubmed publisher..Our data map the tumor-suppressive properties of TMEM127 to modulation of mTOR function in the endolysosome, a feature that may contribute to both pheochromocytoma and RCC pathogenesis. ..
- Cheung P, Trinkle Mulcahy L, Cohen P, Lucocq J. Characterization of a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate-binding protein containing two FYVE fingers in tandem that is targeted to the Golgi. Biochem J. 2001;355:113-21 pubmed..Cell localization studies using a green fluorescent protein fusion show that TAFF1 is localized to the Golgi, and that the Golgi targeting sequence is located within the N-terminal 187 residues and not in either FYVE domain. ..
- Mu F, Callaghan J, Steele Mortimer O, Stenmark H, Parton R, Campbell P, et al. EEA1, an early endosome-associated protein. EEA1 is a conserved alpha-helical peripheral membrane protein flanked by cysteine "fingers" and contains a calmodulin-binding IQ motif. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13503-11 pubmed..We have cloned a human cDNA encoding an evolutionarily conserved 180-kDa protein on early endosomes named EEA1 (Early Endosome Antigen1)...
- Mayer P, Huang N, Dewey C, Dries D, Zhang H, Yu G. Expression, localization, and biochemical characterization of nicotinamide mononucleotide adenylyltransferase 2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40387-96 pubmed publisher..These studies show that Nmnat2 is a neuronal protein peripherally attached to membranes via palmitoylation and suggest that Nmnat2 is transported to synaptic terminals via an endosomal pathway. ..
- Cataldo A, Petanceska S, Peterhoff C, Terio N, Epstein C, Villar A, et al. App gene dosage modulates endosomal abnormalities of Alzheimer's disease in a segmental trisomy 16 mouse model of down syndrome. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6788-92 pubmed..These results identify an essential role for App gene triplication in causing AD-related endosomal abnormalities and further establish the pathogenic significance of endosomal dysfunction in AD. ..