Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Eda
Alias: RGD1563178, Tnlg7c, ectodysplasin-A, tumor necrosis factor ligand 7c
- Miard S, Peterkova R, Vonesch J, Peterka M, Ruch J, Lesot H. Alterations in the incisor development in the Tabby mouse. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:517-29 pubmed..Our observations suggest independent development of the labial and lingual parts of the cervical loop. Furthermore, it appeared that the consequences of Ta mutation could not be interpreted only as a delay in tooth development. ..
- Yan M, Wang L, Hymowitz S, Schilbach S, Lee J, Goddard A, et al. Two-amino acid molecular switch in an epithelial morphogen that regulates binding to two distinct receptors. Science. 2000;290:523-7 pubmedEctodysplasin, a member of the tumor necrosis factor family, is encoded by the anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (EDA) gene. Mutations in EDA give rise to a clinical syndrome characterized by loss of hair, sweat glands, and teeth...
- Pispa J, Pummila M, Barker P, Thesleff I, Mikkola M. Edar and Troy signalling pathways act redundantly to regulate initiation of hair follicle development. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3380-91 pubmed publisherThe development of ectodermal organs requires signalling by ectodysplasin (Eda), a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family member, its receptor Edar and downstream activation of the nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) transcription factor...
- Jaskoll T, Zhou Y, Trump G, Melnick M. Ectodysplasin receptor-mediated signaling is essential for embryonic submandibular salivary gland development. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2003;271:322-31 pubmed..Mutations in the EDA (ectodysplasin-A) and EDAR (ectodysplasin-A receptor) genes are responsible for X-linked and autosomal HED, ..
- Rawlins E, Hogan B. Intercellular growth factor signaling and the development of mouse tracheal submucosal glands. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1378-85 pubmed..Glands are completely absent in mice lacking Ectodysplasin (Eda) and Edaradd (Eda receptor adaptor protein), members of the tumor necrosis (TNF) superfamily of signaling factors...