Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dynll1
Description: dynein light chain LC8-type 1
Alias: 8kDLC, Dlc8, Dnclc1, Pin, dynein light chain 1, cytoplasmic, 8 kDa dynein light chain, 8kD LC, dynein LC8, dynein, cytoplasmic, light chain 1, protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase
- Wiggins A, Shen P, Gundlach A. Neuronal-NOS adaptor protein expression after spreading depression: implications for NO production and ischemic tolerance. J Neurochem. 2003;87:1368-80 pubmed..Therefore, the present study examined the effect of CSD on the spatiotemporal expression of PIN, CAPON, PSD-95, Mn-SOD and Cu/Zn-SOD mRNA in the rat brain...
- Cooper S, Hanson I. A screen for proteins that interact with PAX6: C-terminal mutations disrupt interaction with HOMER3, DNCL1 and TRIM11. BMC Genet. 2005;6:43 pubmed
- Wang S, Lin K, Chien S, Huang L, Hsu C, Tain Y. RNA silencing targeting PIN (protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase) attenuates the development of hypertension in young spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2014;8:5-13 pubmed publisher..The protein inhibitor of nNOS (PIN) has been reported to inhibit activity of nNOS...
- Magee T, Kovanecz I, Davila H, Ferrini M, Cantini L, Vernet D, et al. Antisense and short hairpin RNA (shRNA) constructs targeting PIN (Protein Inhibitor of NOS) ameliorate aging-related erectile dysfunction in the rat. J Sex Med. 2007;4:633-643 pubmed publisher..ameliorates aging-related erectile dysfunction (ED), whereas over-expression of the protein inhibitor of NOS (PIN), that binds to nNOS, increases ED...
- Gillardon F, Krep H, Brinker G, Lenz C, Bottiger B, Hossmann K. Induction of protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase/cytoplasmic dynein light chain following cerebral ischemia. Neuroscience. 1998;84:81-8 pubmed..of an endogenous inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase activity, designated protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase and homologous to cytoplasmic dynein light chain, in the post-ischemic rat brain...
- Fejtova A, Davydova D, Bischof F, Lazarevic V, Altrock W, Romorini S, et al. Dynein light chain regulates axonal trafficking and synaptic levels of Bassoon. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:341-55 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel function for Bassoon in trafficking and synaptic delivery of active zone material. ..
- van Oterendorp C, Lorber B, Jovanovic Z, Yeo G, Lagrèze W, Martin K. The expression of dynein light chain DYNLL1 (LC8-1) is persistently downregulated in glaucomatous rat retinal ganglion cells. Exp Eye Res. 2011;92:138-46 pubmed publisher..A small dynein subunit, the light chain DYNLL1 (synonym LC8-1, PIN) has recently been shown to be an important regulator of neuron proteins known to be involved ..
- Wang W, Lo K, Kan H, Fan J, Zhang M. Structure of the monomeric 8-kDa dynein light chain and mechanism of the domain-swapped dimer assembly. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41491-9 pubmedThe 8-kDa light chain of dynein (DLC8) is ubiquitously expressed in various cell types...
- Du H, Grob S, Zhao L, Lee J, El Sahn M, Hughes G, et al. Myotonia congenita with strabismus in a large family with a mutation in the SCN4A gene. Eye (Lond). 2012;26:1039-43 pubmed publisher..We found significant ocular involvement in a family with a mutation in SCN4A. Future studies may confirm that MC with significant ocular involvement can be used to direct genetic analysis. ..
- Utton M, Noble W, Hill J, Anderton B, Hanger D. Molecular motors implicated in the axonal transport of tau and alpha-synuclein. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4645-54 pubmed
- Lajoix A, Badiou S, Peraldi Roux S, Chardes T, Dietz S, Aknin C, et al. Protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (PIN) is a new regulator of glucose-induced insulin secretion. Diabetes. 2006;55:3279-88 pubmed..We now provide evidence that the endogenous protein inhibitor of nNOS (PIN) is expressed in rat pancreatic islets and INS-1 cells...
- Mok Y, Lo K, Zhang M. Structure of Tctex-1 and its interaction with cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14067-74 pubmed..showed that Tctex-1 adopts a structure remarkably similar to that of the 8-kDa light chain of the motor complex (DLC8), although the two light chains share no amino acid sequence homology...
- Lo K, Kogoy J, Rasoul B, King S, Pfister K. Interaction of the DYNLT (TCTEX1/RP3) light chains and the intermediate chains reveals novel intersubunit regulation during assembly of the dynein complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36871-8 pubmed..Thus, whereas all combinations of DYNLT light chain dimers can be made, not all of the possible combinations of the isoforms are utilized during the assembly of the dynein complex. ..
- Thompson S, Pearson A, Ashley M, Jessick V, Murphy B, GAFKEN P, et al. Identification of a novel Bcl-2-interacting mediator of cell death (Bim) E3 ligase, tripartite motif-containing protein 2 (TRIM2), and its role in rapid ischemic tolerance-induced neuroprotection. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:19331-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support a role for TRIM2 in mediating the p42/p44 MAPK-dependent ubiquitination of Bim in rapid ischemic tolerance. ..
- Chen Y, Gerwin C, Sheng Z. Dynein light chain LC8 regulates syntaphilin-mediated mitochondrial docking in axons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:9429-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides new mechanistic insights into controlling mitochondrial mobility through a dynamic interaction between the mitochondrial docking receptor and axonal cytoskeleton. ..
- Kirkham J, Park S, Nguyen T, Lee J, GÃ¼nzl A. Dynein Light Chain LC8 Is Required for RNA Polymerase I-Mediated Transcription in Trypanosoma brucei, Facilitating Assembly and Promoter Binding of Class I Transcription Factor A. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:95-107 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, silencing of LC8 or CITFA2 resulted in a loss of CITFA from RNA Pol I promoters. Hence, we discovered an LC8 interaction that, unprecedentedly, has a basal function in transcription. ..
- Gholkar A, Senese S, Lo Y, Capri J, Deardorff W, Dharmarajan H, et al. Tctex1d2 associates with short-rib polydactyly syndrome proteins and is required for ciliogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:1116-25 pubmed publisher..We propose that Tctex1d2 is a novel dynein light chain important for trafficking to the cilium and potentially retrograde IFT and is a new molecular link to understanding SRPS pathology. ..
- Nakano H, Funasaka T, Hashizume C, Wong R. Nucleoporin translocated promoter region (Tpr) associates with dynein complex, preventing chromosome lagging formation during mitosis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10841-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Tpr functions as a spatial and temporal regulator of spindle checkpoints, ensuring the efficient recruitment of checkpoint proteins to the molecular motor dynein to promote proper anaphase formation. ..
- Zhu Y, Swanson B, Wang M, Hildeman D, Schaefer B, Liu X, et al. Constitutive association of the proapoptotic protein Bim with Bcl-2-related proteins on mitochondria in T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7681-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that, in T cells, Bim function is regulated by interaction with Bcl-2 family members on mitochondria rather than by sequestration to the microtubules. ..
- ..The importance of a number of accessory factors in these processes is discussed. ..
- Jung Y, Kim H, Min S, Rhee S, Jeong W. Dynein light chain LC8 negatively regulates NF-kappaB through the redox-dependent interaction with IkappaBalpha. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:23863-71 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that LC8 binds IkappaBalpha in a redox-dependent manner and thereby prevents its phosphorylation by IKK. TRP14 contributes to this inhibitory activity by maintaining LC8 in a reduced state. ..
- Fan J, Zhang Q, Tochio H, Zhang M. Backbone dynamics of the 8 kDa dynein light chain dimer reveals molecular basis of the protein's functional diversity. J Biomol NMR. 2002;23:103-14 pubmedAxonemal and cytoplasmic dyneins share a highly conserved 8 kDa light chain (DLC8) for motor assembly and function...
- Rayala S, den Hollander P, Balasenthil S, Yang Z, Broaddus R, Kumar R. Functional regulation of oestrogen receptor pathway by the dynein light chain 1. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:538-44 pubmed..Together, these data define an unexpected upregulation of DLC1 by oestrogen and a previously unrecognized DLC1-ER interaction in supporting and amplifying ER-initiated cellular responses in breast cancer cells. ..
- Day C, Puthalakath H, Skea G, Strasser A, Barsukov I, Lian L, et al. Localization of dynein light chains 1 and 2 and their pro-apoptotic ligands. Biochem J. 2004;377:597-605 pubmed..These results suggest a molecular mechanism for the specific compartmentalization of DLCs and their pro-apoptotic cargoes and implicate other protein(s) in defining the specificity between the cargoes and the DLC proteins. ..
- Greenwood M, Guo Y, Kumar U, Beauséjours S, Hussain S. Distribution of protein inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in rat brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;238:617-21 pubmed..Recently, a novel 89-amino acid protein, designated PIN, has been shown to interact specifically with nNOS and inhibit nNOS dimerization...