Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dync1i1
Description: dynein cytoplasmic 1 intermediate chain 1
Alias: Dnci1, Dncic1, IC74-1A, IC74-1B, cytoplasmic dynein 1 intermediate chain 1, DH IC-1, Dnci 1, cytoplasmic dynein intermediate chain 1, dynein cytoplasmic 1 intermediate chain 1A, dynein cytoplasmic 1 intermediate chain 1B, dynein cytoplasmic 1 intermediate chain 1C, dynein cytoplasmic 1 intermediate chain 1D, dynein intermediate chain 1, cytosolic, dynein, cytoplasmic, intermediate chain 1
- Sivaram M, Wadzinski T, Redick S, Manna T, Doxsey S. Dynein light intermediate chain 1 is required for progress through the spindle assembly checkpoint. EMBO J. 2009;28:902-14 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a Cdk1 phosphorylated form of LIC1 is required to remove Mad1/2 and Zw10 but not BubR1 from kinetochores during spindle assembly checkpoint silencing. ..
- Fejtova A, Davydova D, Bischof F, Lazarevic V, Altrock W, Romorini S, et al. Dynein light chain regulates axonal trafficking and synaptic levels of Bassoon. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:341-55 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel function for Bassoon in trafficking and synaptic delivery of active zone material. ..
- ..The importance of a number of accessory factors in these processes is discussed. ..
- Hehnly H, Doxsey S. Rab11 endosomes contribute to mitotic spindle organization and orientation. Dev Cell. 2014;28:497-507 pubmed publisher..We propose that Rab11 and its associated endosomes cocontribute to these processes through retrograde transport to poles by dynein...
- Cao J, Lin C, Wang H, Wang L, Zhou N, Jin Y, et al. Circovirus transport proceeds via direct interaction of the cytoplasmic dynein IC1 subunit with the viral capsid protein. J Virol. 2015;89:2777-91 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a mechanism whereby circoviruses recruit dynein for transport to the nucleus via the dynein/microtubule machinery. ..