Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dync1h1
Description: dynein cytoplasmic 1 heavy chain 1
Alias: DHC1a, Dnch1, Dnchc1, cytoplasmic dynein 1 heavy chain 1, MAP 1C, cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain 1, dynein heavy chain, cytosolic, dynein, cytoplasmic, heavy chain 1, microtubule-associated protein 1 C
- Nicholas M, HÃ¶Ã¶k P, Brenner S, Wynne C, Vallee R, Gennerich A. Control of cytoplasmic dynein force production and processivity by its C-terminal domain. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6206 pubmed publisher..Removal of this cap increases the force generation of rat dynein from 1â€‰pN to a yeast-like 6â€‰pN and greatly increases its travel distance. Our findings identify the CT-cap as a novel regulator of dynein function. ..
- Kotak S, Busso C, G nczy P. Cortical dynein is critical for proper spindle positioning in human cells. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:97-110 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose a model in which the ternary complex serves to anchor dynein at the plasma membrane to ensure correct spindle positioning...
- Kopec K, Chambers J. Effect of Alzheimer's brain extracts on dynein immunoreactivity in PC12 cells. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1997;216:429-37 pubmed..Such an approach may be useful in assessing the effect of endogenous biomolecules on retrograde axonal transport in neuronal culture models. ..
- Yoshida T, Takanari H, Izutsu K. Distribution of cytoplasmic and axonemal dyneins in rat tissues. J Cell Sci. 1992;101 ( Pt 3):579-87 pubmedMicrotubule-associated protein 1C (MAP 1C) is now defined as brain cytoplasmic dynein...
- Loschi M, Leishman C, Berardone N, Boccaccio G. Dynein and kinesin regulate stress-granule and P-body dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3973-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that regulation of SG dynamics by dynein and kinesin is conserved in Drosophila. ..
- Ichikawa M, Watanabe Y, Murayama T, Toyoshima Y. Recombinant human cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain 1 and 2: observation of dynein-2 motor activity in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2419-23 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of dynein-2 motor activity, which supports the retrograde intraflagellar transport role of dynein-2. Our expression system of dynein HCs provides a useful means to investigate dynein functions. ..
- Rashid S, Breckle R, Hupe M, Geisler S, Doerwald N, Neesen J. The murine Dnali1 gene encodes a flagellar protein that interacts with the cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain 1. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:784-94 pubmed..By this assay, the C-terminal part of the cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain 1 was identified as a putative interacting polypeptide of Dnali1...
- Paschal B, Mikami A, Pfister K, Vallee R. Homology of the 74-kD cytoplasmic dynein subunit with a flagellar dynein polypeptide suggests an intracellular targeting function. J Cell Biol. 1992;118:1133-43 pubmed
- Ligon L, Tokito M, Finklestein J, Grossman F, Holzbaur E. A direct interaction between cytoplasmic dynein and kinesin I may coordinate motor activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19201-8 pubmed..There is also a vesicle population with both dynein and kinesin I bound that may be capable of bi-directional motility along cellular microtubules. ..
- Schroeder C, Ostrem J, Hertz N, Vale R. A Ras-like domain in the light intermediate chain bridges the dynein motor to a cargo-binding region. elife. 2014;3:e03351 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the first structural information and insight into the evolutionary origin of the LIC as well as revealing how this critical subunit connects the dynein motor to cargo. ..