Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dst
Alias: dystonin, bullous pemphigoid antigen 1
- Bronson R, Sweet H, Spencer C, Davisson M. Genetic and age related models of neurodegeneration in mice: dystrophic axons. J Neurogenet. 1992;8:71-83 pubmed..The mutant models of neuroaxonal dystrophy may prove useful in studies of the pathophysiology of DA in general and of specific inherited diseases of man, such as infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy and Hallervordin-Spatz disease. ..
- Boyer J, Bhanot K, Kothary R, Boudreau Larivière C. Hearts of dystonia musculorum mice display normal morphological and histological features but show signs of cardiac stress. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9465 pubmed publisherb>Dystonin is a giant cytoskeletal protein belonging to the plakin protein family and is believed to crosslink the major filament systems in contractile cells...
- Liu J, Ding J, Wu C, Bhagavatula P, Cui B, Chu S, et al. Retrolinkin, a membrane protein, plays an important role in retrograde axonal transport. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2223-8 pubmed..Our work lays the foundation for understanding fundamental issues of axonal transport and provides insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying human neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Koster J, Geerts D, Favre B, Borradori L, Sonnenberg A. Analysis of the interactions between BP180, BP230, plectin and the integrin alpha6beta4 important for hemidesmosome assembly. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:387-99 pubmed
- Dowling J, Yu Q, Fuchs E. Beta4 integrin is required for hemidesmosome formation, cell adhesion and cell survival. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:559-72 pubmed
- Liu J, Ding J, Kowal A, Nardine T, Allen E, Delcroix J, et al. BPAG1n4 is essential for retrograde axonal transport in sensory neurons. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:223-9 pubmedDisruption of the BPAG1 (bullous pemphigoid antigen 1) gene results in progressive deterioration in motor function and devastating sensory neurodegeneration in the null mice...
- Honnappa S, Gouveia S, Weisbrich A, Damberger F, Bhavesh N, Jawhari H, et al. An EB1-binding motif acts as a microtubule tip localization signal. Cell. 2009;138:366-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a general "microtubule tip localization signal" (MtLS) and delineate a unifying mechanism for this subcellular protein targeting process. ..
- Favre B, Fontao L, Koster J, Shafaatian R, Jaunin F, Saurat J, et al. The hemidesmosomal protein bullous pemphigoid antigen 1 and the integrin beta 4 subunit bind to ERBIN. Molecular cloning of multiple alternative splice variants of ERBIN and analysis of their tissue expression. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32427-36 pubmedThe bullous pemphigoid antigen 1 (eBPAG1) is a constituent of hemidesmosomes (HDs), cell-substrate adhesion complexes in stratified epithelia...