Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drd5
Description: dopamine receptor D5
Alias: D1B, D(1B) dopamine receptor, d(5) dopamine receptor, dopamine D5 receptor, dopamine receptor 5
- Barbanti P, Fabbrini G, Ricci A, Cerbo R, Bronzetti E, Caronti B, et al. Increased expression of dopamine receptors on lymphocytes in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 1999;14:764-71 pubmed..The increased density of D1-like and D2-like receptors on PBL in de novo PD patients may represent an upregulation mechanism resulting from the diffuse impairment of the dopaminergic system in PD. ..
- Medin T, Rinholm J, Owe S, Sagvolden T, Gjedde A, Storm Mathisen J, et al. Low dopamine D5 receptor density in hippocampus in an animal model of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Neuroscience. 2013;242:11-20 pubmed publisher..We used immunofluorescence microscopy and immunogold electron microscopy to quantify the dopamine D5 receptor density on CA1 pyramidal cell somas and dendrites and dendritic spines in the stratum radiatum and stratum ..
- Sunahara R, Guan H, O Dowd B, Seeman P, Laurier L, Ng G, et al. Cloning of the gene for a human dopamine D5 receptor with higher affinity for dopamine than D1. Nature. 1991;350:614-9 pubmed..As with D1, the dopamine D5 receptor stimulates adenylyl cyclase activity...
- Elliot E, Sibley D, Katz J. Locomotor and discriminative-stimulus effects of cocaine in dopamine D5 receptor knockout mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003;169:161-8 pubmed..b>Dopamine D5 receptor knockout (DA D5R KO), heterozygous (HET) and wild-type (WT) mice were used to study the role of D5 dopamine ..
- Oda S, Funato H, Adachi Akahane S, Ito M, Okada A, Igarashi H, et al. Dopamine D5 receptor immunoreactivity is differentially distributed in GABAergic interneurons and pyramidal cells in the rat medial prefrontal cortex. Brain Res. 2010;1329:89-102 pubmed publisherIn the rodent neocortex, the dopamine D5 receptor (D5R) appears to be the predominant subtype of D1-like receptors that are generally considered to play important roles in cognitive functions subserved by the prefrontal cortex (PFC)...
- Moncada D, Ballarini F, Martinez M, Frey J, Viola H. Identification of transmitter systems and learning tag molecules involved in behavioral tagging during memory formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12931-6 pubmed publisher..Together, the present findings emphasize an essential role of the induction of PRPs and learning tags for LTM formation. The existence of only the PRP or the tag was insufficient for stabilization of the mnemonic trace. ..
- Marley A, von Zastrow M. DISC1 regulates primary cilia that display specific dopamine receptors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10902 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight to receptor cell biology and suggest a relationship between DISC1 and neural dopamine signaling. ..
- Roggenhofer E, Fidzinski P, Shor O, Behr J. Reduced threshold for induction of LTP by activation of dopamine D1/D5 receptors at hippocampal CA1-subiculum synapses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62520 pubmed publisher..The enhanced propensity of subicular regular-spiking cells to express postsynaptic LTP after activation of D1/D5 receptors provides an intriguing mechanism for the encoding of hippocampal output information. ..
- Hunyady B, Palkovits M, Mozsik G, Molnar J, Fehér K, Toth Z, et al. Susceptibility of dopamine D5 receptor targeted mice to cysteamine. J Physiol Paris. 2001;95:147-51 pubmed..Out of five different subtypes, mRNA of D5 (=D1b) dopamine receptor is very abundant in the gastric epithelium...
- Wang Q, Jolly J, Surmeier J, Mullah B, Lidow M, Bergson C, et al. Differential dependence of the D1 and D5 dopamine receptors on the G protein gamma 7 subunit for activation of adenylylcyclase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39386-93 pubmed
- Brown Z, Kupferschmidt D, Erb S. Reinstatement of cocaine seeking in rats by the pharmacological stressors, corticotropin-releasing factor and yohimbine: role for D1/5 dopamine receptors. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;224:431-40 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that transmission at D1/5, but not D2/3, receptors mediates the reinstatement of cocaine seeking induced by CRF and yohimbine. ..
- De Bundel D, Femenía T, DuPont C, Konradsson Geuken Å, Feltmann K, Schilström B, et al. Hippocampal and prefrontal dopamine D1/5 receptor involvement in the memory-enhancing effect of reboxetine. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;16:2041-51 pubmed publisher..The present data in rats are in line with effects of reboxetine on memory formation in healthy volunteers and depressed patients and indicate the involvement of PFC dopamine D1/5 receptors. ..
- Sakihama T, Masuda K, Sato T, Doi T, Kodama T, Hamakubo T. Functional reconstitution of G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated adenylyl cyclase activation by a baculoviral co-display system. J Biotechnol. 2008;135:28-33 pubmed publisher..Since BV is essentially free of endogenous GPCRs, this BV co-display system should prove highly useful for the development of functional assay systems for GPCRs. ..
- O Carroll C, Martin S, Sandin J, Frenguelli B, Morris R. Dopaminergic modulation of the persistence of one-trial hippocampus-dependent memory. Learn Mem. 2006;13:760-9 pubmed..The complementary effects of D1/D5 receptor blockade on the persistence of LTP and the duration of memory are consistent with the idea that changes in synaptic strength underlie memory. ..
- Loos M, Pattij T, Janssen M, Counotte D, Schoffelmeer A, Smit A, et al. Dopamine receptor D1/D5 gene expression in the medial prefrontal cortex predicts impulsive choice in rats. Cereb Cortex. 2010;20:1064-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that this class of dopamine receptors in the mPFC plays a pivotal role in impulsive choice, and aberrancies thereof might contribute to ADHD symptomatology. ..
- Ke Y, Li W, Tan Z, Yang Z. Induction of dopamine D1 and D5 receptors in R28 cells by light exposures. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:686-692 pubmed publisher..receptors were not detected in the total RNA preparations of all the cells, those of D1 and D5 receptors (DRD1 and DRD5) were induced by lighting in contrast to the dark control...
- Karpa K, Lidow M, Pickering M, Levenson R, Bergson C. N-linked glycosylation is required for plasma membrane localization of D5, but not D1, dopamine receptors in transfected mammalian cells. Mol Pharmacol. 1999;56:1071-8 pubmed..Together, our data indicate a differential requirement for N-linked glycosylation in functional cell surface expression of D1 and D5 dopamine receptors. ..
- Berlanga M, Simpson T, Alcantara A. Dopamine D5 receptor localization on cholinergic neurons of the rat forebrain and diencephalon: a potential neuroanatomical substrate involved in mediating dopaminergic influences on acetylcholine release. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:34-49 pubmed..The dopamine D5 receptor, a D1-class receptor subtype, potentiates acetylcholine release and has been investigated as a possible ..
- Menezes J, Alves N, Borges S, Roehrs R, de Carvalho Myskiw J, Furini C, et al. Facilitation of fear extinction by novelty depends on dopamine acting on D1-subtype dopamine receptors in hippocampus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E1652-8 pubmed publisher..The results attest to the generality of the novelty effect on fear extinction, suggest that it relies on synaptic tagging and capture, and show that it depends on hippocampal dopamine D1 but not D5 receptors. ..
- Beaulieu J, Espinoza S, Gainetdinov R. Dopamine receptors - IUPHAR Review 13. Br J Pharmacol. 2015;172:1-23 pubmed..Here we provide an update of the current knowledge regarding the complex biology, signalling, physiology and pharmacology of dopamine receptors. ..
- Yang Z, Asico L, Yu P, Wang Z, Jones J, Bai R, et al. D5 dopamine receptor regulation of phospholipase D. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H55-61 pubmed..The hypertension in the D(5)(-/-) mice is associated with increased PLD expression and activity. Impaired D(5) receptor regulation of PLD2 may play a role in the pathogenesis of hypertension. ..
- Hollon T, Bek M, Lachowicz J, Ariano M, Mezey E, Ramachandran R, et al. Mice lacking D5 dopamine receptors have increased sympathetic tone and are hypertensive. J Neurosci. 2002;22:10801-10 pubmed
- Kudwa A, Dominguez Salazar E, Cabrera D, Sibley D, Rissman E. Dopamine D5 receptor modulates male and female sexual behavior in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;180:206-14 pubmed..In males, D5 DAR influences rewarding aspects of intromissions. Taken together, the work suggests that the D5 receptor mediates dopamine's action on sexual behavior in both sexes, perhaps via a reward pathway. ..
- Kruusmägi M, Kumar S, Zelenin S, Brismar H, Aperia A, Scott L. Functional differences between D(1) and D(5) revealed by high resolution imaging on live neurons. Neuroscience. 2009;164:463-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of a unique role of D(1) for the intra-neuronal interaction between the dopaminergic and glutamatergic systems will have implications for the development of more specific treatments in many neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Kustanovich V, Ishii J, Crawford L, Yang M, McGough J, McCracken J, et al. Transmission disequilibrium testing of dopamine-related candidate gene polymorphisms in ADHD: confirmation of association of ADHD with DRD4 and DRD5. Mol Psychiatry. 2004;9:711-7 pubmed..uptake, transport and receptor binding of dopamine in the etiology of ADHD, including DRD4, DAT1, DRD2, and DRD5. In the present study, we genotyped a large multiplex sample of ADHD affected children and their parents for ..
- Centonze D, Grande C, Usiello A, Gubellini P, Erbs E, Martin A, et al. Receptor subtypes involved in the presynaptic and postsynaptic actions of dopamine on striatal interneurons. J Neurosci. 2003;23:6245-54 pubmed
- Yasunari K, Maeda K, Nakamura M, Yoshikawa J. Dopamine as a novel anti-migration factor of vascular smooth muscle cells through D1A and D1B receptors. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2003;41 Suppl 1:S33-8 pubmedTo elucidate the roles of rat vascular dopamine D1A and D1B receptors in vascular smooth muscle cell migration, the effect of antisense oligonucleotides to D1A receptors (+1 to +21 of rat D1A receptors) and to D1B receptors (-12 to +6 of ..
- Ariano M, Aronin N, DiFiglia M, Tagle D, Sibley D, Leavitt B, et al. Striatal neurochemical changes in transgenic models of Huntington's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2002;68:716-29 pubmed..These findings suggest modifications in the striatal DA system and that its downstream signaling through cyclic AMP mechanisms is disrupted severely in HD following onset of motor symptoms. ..
- Lemon N, Manahan Vaughan D. Dopamine D1/D5 receptors contribute to de novo hippocampal LTD mediated by novel spatial exploration or locus coeruleus activity. Cereb Cortex. 2012;22:2131-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the regulation of hippocampal LTD by the LC is supported by D1/D5 receptors and that their contribution to information storage becomes important when the thresholds for persistent LTD have not been reached. ..
- Li Q, Lu G, Antonio G, Mak Y, Rudd J, Fan M, et al. The usefulness of the spontaneously hypertensive rat to model attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may be explained by the differential expression of dopamine-related genes in the brain. Neurochem Int. 2007;50:848-57 pubmed..In conclusion, the molecular and behavioural data that we obtained provide new information that may be relevant to understanding ADHD in man. ..
- Yi F, Zhang X, Yang C, Li B. Contribution of dopamine d1/5 receptor modulation of post-spike/burst afterhyperpolarization to enhance neuronal excitability of layer v pyramidal neurons in prepubertal rat prefrontal cortex. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71880 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the D1/5 receptor modulates intrinsic mechanisms that amplify a long depolarizing input to sustain spike firing outputs in pyramidal PFC neurons. ..
- Misbahuddin A, Placzek M, Chaudhuri K, Wood N, Bhatia K, Warner T. A polymorphism in the dopamine receptor DRD5 is associated with blepharospasm. Neurology. 2002;58:124-6 pubmed..Allele 2 of a DRD5 dinucleotide repeat was significantly associated with blepharospasm...
- Zheng S, Yu P, Zeng C, Wang Z, Yang Z, Andrews P, et al. Galpha12- and Galpha13-protein subunit linkage of D5 dopamine receptors in the nephron. Hypertension. 2003;41:604-10 pubmed..The consequences of the differential G-protein subunit linkage on D1- and D5-mediated sodium transport remains to be determined. ..
- Leonard S, Ferry Leeper P, Mailman R. Low affinity binding of the classical D1 antagonist SCH23390 in rodent brain: potential interaction with A2A and D2-like receptors. Brain Res. 2006;1117:25-37 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that the heteromerization of D(2) and A(2A) receptors reported previously in vitro also may occur in the brain of both rats and mice. ..
- Lambe E, Aghajanian G. Prefrontal cortical network activity: Opposite effects of psychedelic hallucinogens and D1/D5 dopamine receptor activation. Neuroscience. 2007;145:900-10 pubmed..The tempering of network UP states by D1/D5 receptor activation may have implications for the proposed use of D1/D5 agonists in the treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Taurines R, Grunblatt E, Schecklmann M, Schwenck C, Albantakis L, Reefschläger L, et al. Altered mRNA expression of monoaminergic candidate genes in the blood of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorder. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2011;12 Suppl 1:104-8 pubmed publisher..We analyzed mRNA-expression of monoaminergic candidate genes (DRD4, DRD5, TPH1) in peripheral tissue of patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum ..
- Centonze D, Grande C, Saulle E, Martin A, Gubellini P, Pavon N, et al. Distinct roles of D1 and D5 dopamine receptors in motor activity and striatal synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2003;23:8506-12 pubmed
- Kumar U, Patel S. Immunohistochemical localization of dopamine receptor subtypes (D1R-D5R) in Alzheimer's disease brain. Brain Res. 2007;1131:187-96 pubmed..These results demonstrate subtype-specific changes in dopamine receptors in AD that may be important in disease pathophysiology and that may also serve as potential targets for therapeutic intervention in AD. ..
- Tiberi M, Jarvie K, Silvia C, Falardeau P, Gingrich J, Godinot N, et al. Cloning, molecular characterization, and chromosomal assignment of a gene encoding a second D1 dopamine receptor subtype: differential expression pattern in rat brain compared with the D1A receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:7491-5 pubmed..On the basis of its properties we propose that this dopamine receptor subtype be called D1B.
- Medin T, Owe S, Rinholm J, Larsson M, Sagvolden T, Storm Mathisen J, et al. Dopamine D5 receptors are localized at asymmetric synapses in the rat hippocampus. Neuroscience. 2011;192:164-71 pubmed publisherFunctional studies indicate that the dopamine D5 receptor is involved in synaptic transmission in the hippocampus...