Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drd1
Description: dopamine receptor D1
Alias: D1a, Drd-1, Drd1a, D(1A) dopamine receptor, Dopamine-1A receptor, dopamine receptor D1A
- Fiorentini C, Busi C, Gorruso E, Gotti C, Spano P, Missale C. Reciprocal regulation of dopamine D1 and D3 receptor function and trafficking by heterodimerization. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;74:59-69 pubmed publisher..These data give a novel insight into how D1R and D3R may function in an integrated way, providing a molecular mechanism by which to converge D1R- and D3R-related dysfunctions. ..
- Coffeen U, López Avila A, Ortega Legaspi J, del Angel R, López Muñoz F, Pellicer F. Dopamine receptors in the anterior insular cortex modulate long-term nociception in the rat. Eur J Pain. 2008;12:535-43 pubmed..This work shows the differential role of dopamine receptors within the RAIC in which the activation of D(2) or the blockade of D(1) receptors elicit antinociception. ..
- Banday A, Asghar M, Hussain T, Lokhandwala M. Dopamine-mediated inhibition of renal Na,K-ATPase is reduced by insulin. Hypertension. 2003;41:1353-8 pubmed..These phenomena might account for the diminished inhibitory effect of dopamine on NKA activity in hyperinsulinemic rats. ..
- Levine M, Altemus K, Cepeda C, Cromwell H, Crawford C, Ariano M, et al. Modulatory actions of dopamine on NMDA receptor-mediated responses are reduced in D1A-deficient mutant mice. J Neurosci. 1996;16:5870-82 pubmed..the ability of DA to modulate responses attributable to activation of NMDA receptors was examined in mice lacking D1A dopamine receptors...
- Chen G, Greengard P, Yan Z. Potentiation of NMDA receptor currents by dopamine D1 receptors in prefrontal cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2596-600 pubmed..These interactions may play an important role in modulating synaptic plasticity and thus in cognitive and emotional processes. ..
- Kim O, Gardner B, Williams D, Marinec P, Cabrera D, Peters J, et al. The role of phosphorylation in D1 dopamine receptor desensitization: evidence for a novel mechanism of arrestin association. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:7999-8010 pubmed..Thus, the role of receptor phosphorylation is to allow access of arrestin to its receptor binding domain rather than to create an arrestin binding site per se. ..
- Lee F, Xue S, Pei L, Vukusic B, Chery N, Wang Y, et al. Dual regulation of NMDA receptor functions by direct protein-protein interactions with the dopamine D1 receptor. Cell. 2002;111:219-30 pubmed..While one interaction is involved in the inhibition of NMDA receptor-gated currents, the other is implicated in the attenuation of NMDA receptor-mediated excitotoxicity through a PI-3 kinase-dependent pathway. ..
- Banday A, Fazili F, Marwaha A, Lokhandwala M. Mitogen-activated protein kinase upregulation reduces renal D1 receptor affinity and G-protein coupling in obese rats. Kidney Int. 2007;71:397-406 pubmed..These studies show that D1R oxidation and MAPK upregulation contribute to D1R dysfunction in obese animals. Consequently, antioxidants while reducing the oxidative stress normalize the MAPK activities and restore D1R signaling. ..
- Mockett B, Brooks W, Tate W, Abraham W. Dopamine D1/D5 receptor activation fails to initiate an activity-independent late-phase LTP in rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 2004;1021:92-100 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that D1/D5R activation in CA1 initiates intracellular second messenger accumulation, but that this is insufficient to induce an activity-independent L-LTP. ..
- Rashid A, So C, Kong M, Furtak T, El Ghundi M, Cheng R, et al. D1-D2 dopamine receptor heterooligomers with unique pharmacology are coupled to rapid activation of Gq/11 in the striatum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:654-9 pubmed
- Chen J, Rusnak M, Lombroso P, Sidhu A. Dopamine promotes striatal neuronal apoptotic death via ERK signaling cascades. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:287-306 pubmed publisher..These data provide unique insight into a novel role of p-ERK in striatal neurodegeneration. ..
- Albrecht F, Drago J, Felder R, Printz M, Eisner G, Robillard J, et al. Role of the D1A dopamine receptor in the pathogenesis of genetic hypertension. J Clin Invest. 1996;97:2283-8 pubmed..Since the major D1 receptor gene expressed in renal proximal tubules is the D1A subtype, we determined the importance of this gene in the control of blood pressure in mice lacking functional D1A ..
- Fiorentini C, Gardoni F, Spano P, Di Luca M, Missale C. Regulation of dopamine D1 receptor trafficking and desensitization by oligomerization with glutamate N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:20196-202 pubmed
- Iwamoto T, Okumura S, Iwatsubo K, Kawabe J, Ohtsu K, Sakai I, et al. Motor dysfunction in type 5 adenylyl cyclase-null mice. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16936-40 pubmed
- Bermak J, Li M, Bullock C, Zhou Q. Regulation of transport of the dopamine D1 receptor by a new membrane-associated ER protein. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:492-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that DRiP78 may regulate the transport of a GPCR by binding to a specific ER-export signal. ..
- Kobayashi M, Iaccarino C, Saiardi A, Heidt V, Bozzi Y, Picetti R, et al. Simultaneous absence of dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-mediated signaling is lethal in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11465-70 pubmed..These studies highlight the interrelationship between D1 and D2 receptor-mediated control of motor activity, food intake, and gastrointestinal functions, which has been elusive in the single-gene ablation studies. ..
- Porras G, Berthet A, Dehay B, Li Q, Ladépêche L, Normand E, et al. PSD-95 expression controls L-DOPA dyskinesia through dopamine D1 receptor trafficking. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:3977-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that altering D1R trafficking via synapse-associated scaffolding proteins may be useful in the treatment of dyskinesia in Parkinson's patients. ..
- Banday A, Marwaha A, Tallam L, Lokhandwala M. Tempol reduces oxidative stress, improves insulin sensitivity, decreases renal dopamine D1 receptor hyperphosphorylation, and restores D1 receptor-G-protein coupling and function in obese Zucker rats. Diabetes. 2005;54:2219-26 pubmed..Consequently, hyperphosphorylation of D1 receptor is reduced, leading to restoration of receptor-G-protein coupling and the natriuretic response to SKF-38393. ..
- Hara Y, Pickel V. Overlapping intracellular and differential synaptic distributions of dopamine D1 and glutamate N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in rat nucleus accumbens. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:442-55 pubmed..The region-specific differences in receptor distributions suggest a major, but not exclusive, involvement of Acb D1R in reward-related processing. ..
- Kim O, Ariano M, Lazzarini R, Levine M, Sibley D. Neurofilament-M interacts with the D1 dopamine receptor to regulate cell surface expression and desensitization. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5920-30 pubmed..These results suggest that NF-M interacts with the D(1) receptor in vivo and may modify its expression and regulation. ..
- Hu J, Liu G, Li Y, Gao W, Huang Y. Dopamine D1 receptor-mediated NMDA receptor insertion depends on Fyn but not Src kinase pathway in prefrontal cortical neurons. Mol Brain. 2010;3:20 pubmed publisher..Dopamine D1 receptor-mediated increase of NMDA receptors is thus Fyn kinase dependent. Targeting this signaling pathway may be useful in treating drug addiction and schizophrenia. ..
- Matthies H, Becker A, Schroeder H, Kraus J, Hollt V, Krug M. Dopamine D1-deficient mutant mice do not express the late phase of hippocampal long-term potentiation. Neuroreport. 1997;8:3533-5 pubmed..These data support the idea that besides the glutamatergic system, the synergistic activation of dopaminergic synapses is necessary for LTP maintenance. ..
- Hallett P, Spoelgen R, Hyman B, Standaert D, Dunah A. Dopamine D1 activation potentiates striatal NMDA receptors by tyrosine phosphorylation-dependent subunit trafficking. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4690-700 pubmed..Modification of these pathways may be a useful therapeutic target for Parkinson's disease and other basal ganglia disorders in which abnormal function of striatal NMDA receptors contributes to the symptoms of the diseases. ..
- Chen Y, Morganstern I, Barson J, Hoebel B, Leibowitz S. Differential role of D1 and D2 receptors in the perifornical lateral hypothalamus in controlling ethanol drinking and food intake: possible interaction with local orexin neurons. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2014;38:777-86 pubmed publisher..They further suggest that these receptors affect consumption, in part, through local OX-expressing neurons. These findings provide new evidence for the function of PF/LH DA receptor subtypes in controlling EtOH and food intake. ..
- Akerman S, Goadsby P. The role of dopamine in a model of trigeminovascular nociception. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;314:162-9 pubmed..Our data do not exclude a role for dopamine receptor modulators in short- or long-term prevention. ..
- Kuo D. Co-administration of dopamine D1 and D2 agonists additively decreases daily food intake, body weight and hypothalamic neuropeptide Y level in rats. J Biomed Sci. 2002;9:126-32 pubmed
- Falco A, McDonald C, Bachus S, Smith R. Developmental alterations in locomotor and anxiety-like behavior as a function of D1 and D2 mRNA expression. Behav Brain Res. 2014;260:25-33 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that DA D2 receptors play a role in anxiety-like behavior and that the relationship between observed anxiety-like behaviors and D2 receptor expression changes through the lifespan. ..
- Verma A, Kulkarni S. Role of D1/D2 dopamine and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in morphine tolerance and dependence in mice. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 1995;5:81-7 pubmed..D2 DA receptor stimulation may also play an important role in enhancing the effectiveness of MK-801 in the treatment of opiate tolerance and dependence. ..
- Ralph Williams R, Lehmann Masten V, Otero Corchon V, Low M, Geyer M. Differential effects of direct and indirect dopamine agonists on prepulse inhibition: a study in D1 and D2 receptor knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9604-11 pubmed..These findings emphasize that further cross-species comparisons of the pharmacology of PPI are essential to understand the relevance of rodent PPI studies to the deficits in PPI observed in patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Aoyama K, Barnes J, Koerber J, Glueck E, Dorsey K, Eaton L, et al. Systemic injection of the DAD1 antagonist SCH 23390 reduces saccharin seeking in rats. Appetite. 2016;105:8-13 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that DAD1 receptors are involved in saccharin seeking and generalize the previously demonstrated anti-seeking effects of DAD1 antagonism to a non-caloric, non-drug of abuse reinforcer. ..
- Glickstein S, Hof P, Schmauss C. Mice lacking dopamine D2 and D3 receptors have spatial working memory deficits. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5619-29 pubmed..These data suggest that the sustained improvement of spatial working memory in METH-pretreated D(2) mutants is attributable to D(1) receptor-mediated mechanisms. ..
- Birgner C, Kindlundh Högberg A, Alsiö J, Lindblom J, Schioth H, Bergstrom L. The anabolic androgenic steroid nandrolone decanoate affects mRNA expression of dopaminergic but not serotonergic receptors. Brain Res. 2008;1240:221-8 pubmed publisher..The altered mRNA expression of the dopamine receptors may contribute to some of the behavioural changes often reported in AAS abusers of increased impulsivity, aggression and drug-seeking. ..
- Wang Y, Xu R, Sasaoka T, Tonegawa S, Kung M, Sankoorikal E. Dopamine D2 long receptor-deficient mice display alterations in striatum-dependent functions. J Neurosci. 2000;20:8305-14 pubmed..This suggests that the functions of these two isoforms are not dependent on the formation of receptor heterodimers. Our findings may provide novel information for potentially developing improved antipsychotic drugs. ..
- Xu M, Moratalla R, Gold L, Hiroi N, Koob G, Graybiel A, et al. Dopamine D1 receptor mutant mice are deficient in striatal expression of dynorphin and in dopamine-mediated behavioral responses. Cell. 1994;79:729-42 pubmed..These results suggest that the D1 receptor regulates the neurochemical architecture of the striatum and is critical for the normal expression of motor activity. ..
- Andoh Y, Kuramoto T, Yokoi N, Maihara T, Kitada K, Serikawa T. Correlation between genetic and cytogenetic maps of the rat. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:287-93 pubmed..Thus, we provide here a new base for rat genetic maps. ..
- Ralph R, Paulus M, Fumagalli F, Caron M, Geyer M. Prepulse inhibition deficits and perseverative motor patterns in dopamine transporter knock-out mice: differential effects of D1 and D2 receptor antagonists. J Neurosci. 2001;21:305-13 pubmed..Furthermore, D1 receptor activation appears to be the critical substrate for the expression of preservative patterns of motor behavior, whereas both D1 and D2 receptors appear to regulate the amount of motor activity. ..
- Bjørnebekk A, Mathe A, Brene S. Isolated Flinders Sensitive Line rats have decreased dopamine D2 receptor mRNA. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1039-43 pubmed..Our findings of decreased dopamine D2 receptor levels in socially isolated Flinders Sensitive Line rats suggest that low D2 receptor expression may play a role in pathophysiology of depression. ..
- Schwindinger W, Betz K, Giger K, Sabol A, Bronson S, Robishaw J. Loss of G protein gamma 7 alters behavior and reduces striatal alpha(olf) level and cAMP production. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6575-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate that an individual gamma-subunit contributes to the specificity of a given signaling pathway and controls the formation or stability of a particular G protein heterotrimer. ..
- Sanchez Lemus E, Arias Montaño J. M1 muscarinic receptors contribute to, whereas M4 receptors inhibit, dopamine D1 receptor-induced [3H]-cyclic AMP accumulation in rat striatal slices. Neurochem Res. 2006;31:555-61 pubmed..Taken together our results indicate that in addition to the inhibitory role of M(4) receptors, in rat striatum acetylcholine stimulates cAMP formation through the activation of M(1 )receptors and PKC stimulation. ..
- Mashhoon Y, Tsikitas L, Kantak K. Dissociable effects of cocaine-seeking behavior following D1 receptor activation and blockade within the caudal and rostral basolateral amygdala in rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:1641-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate dissociable sensitivity to D(1) receptor ligands within the caudal and rostral basolateral amygdala for altering cocaine-seeking behavior under different conditions that model phases of addiction. ..
- Li J, Gu J, Wang B, Xie M, Huang L, Liu Y, et al. Activation of Dopamine D1 Receptors Regulates Dendritic Morphogenesis Through Rac1 and RhoA in Prefrontal Cortex Neurons. Mol Neurobiol. 2015;51:1024-37 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first evidence that Rac1 and RhoA are effectors of D1 receptor signaling during dendritic morphogenesis and represent new signaling molecules involved in long-lasting neuroadaptation in the PFC. ..
- Isaac S, Berridge C. Wake-promoting actions of dopamine D1 and D2 receptor stimulation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;307:386-94 pubmed..Additionally or alternatively, these results further suggest a potential involvement of dopamine receptors in the induction of high-arousal states, including stress. ..
- Li J, Li J, Liu X, Qin S, Guan Y, Liu Y, et al. MicroRNA expression profile and functional analysis reveal that miR-382 is a critical novel gene of alcohol addiction. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:1402-14 pubmed publisher..In both cultured neuronal cells in vitro and in the NAc in vivo, we identified that the dopamine receptor D1 (Drd1) is a direct target gene of miR-382. Via this target gene, miR-382 strongly modulated the expression of DeltaFosB...
- Krishnan B, Centeno M, Pollandt S, Fu Y, Genzer K, Liu J, et al. Dopamine receptor mechanisms mediate corticotropin-releasing factor-induced long-term potentiation in the rat amygdala following cocaine withdrawal. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:1027-42 pubmed publisher..CRF interactions with the DA system in the amygdala may represent a fundamental neurochemical and cellular mechanism linking stress to cocaine-induced neuronal plasticity...
- Li Y, Xia B, Li R, Yin D, Liang W. Changes in Expression of Dopamine, Its Receptor, and Transporter in Nucleus Accumbens of Heroin-Addicted Rats with Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) Overexpression. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:2805-2815 pubmed..BDNF overexpression in NAc reduces withdrawal symptoms and craving behavior for medicine induced by environmental cues for heroin-addicted rats. BDNF participates in the regulation of the dopamine system by acting on DRD3 and DAT. ..
- Moreno E, Vaz S, Cai N, Ferrada C, Quiroz C, Barodia S, et al. Dopamine-galanin receptor heteromers modulate cholinergic neurotransmission in the rat ventral hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7412-23 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results strongly suggest that D(1)-like-Gal(1) receptor heteromers act as processors that integrate signals of two different neurotransmitters, dopamine and galanin, to modulate hippocampal cholinergic neurotransmission. ..
- Eagle D, Wong J, Allan M, Mar A, Theobald D, Robbins T. Contrasting roles for dopamine D1 and D2 receptor subtypes in the dorsomedial striatum but not the nucleus accumbens core during behavioral inhibition in the stop-signal task in rats. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7349-56 pubmed publisher..region- and receptor-specific modulation of SSRT in the rat using direct infusions of the dopamine D1 receptor (DRD1) antagonist SCH 23390 or dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) antagonist sulpiride into the dorsomedial striatum (DMStr) or ..
- Fiorentini C, Rizzetti M, Busi C, Bontempi S, Collo G, Spano P, et al. Loss of synaptic D1 dopamine/N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptor complexes in L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in the rat. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;69:805-12 pubmed