Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dlg4
Description: discs large MAGUK scaffold protein 4
Alias: Dlgh4, PSD95, Sap90, disks large homolog 4, PSD-95, SAP-90, discs, large homolog 4, postsynaptic density protein 95, synapse-associated protein 90, synapse-associated protein SAP90
- Savinainen A, Garcia E, Dorow D, Marshall J, Liu Y. Kainate receptor activation induces mixed lineage kinase-mediated cellular signaling cascades via post-synaptic density protein 95. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:11382-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that PSD-95 plays a critical role in GluR6-mediated JNK activation and excitotoxicity by anchoring MLK to the receptor complex. ..
- Schlüter O, Xu W, Malenka R. Alternative N-terminal domains of PSD-95 and SAP97 govern activity-dependent regulation of synaptic AMPA receptor function. Neuron. 2006;51:99-111 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the different N termini of the predominant endogenous forms of PSD-95 (alpha-isoform) and SAP97 (beta-isoform) govern their role in regulating synaptic function. ..
- Garcia E, Mehta S, Blair L, Wells D, Shang J, Fukushima T, et al. SAP90 binds and clusters kainate receptors causing incomplete desensitization. Neuron. 1998;21:727-39 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that members of the SAP90/PSD-95 family colocalize and associate with kainate receptors...
- Cho K, Hunt C, Kennedy M. The rat brain postsynaptic density fraction contains a homolog of the Drosophila discs-large tumor suppressor protein. Neuron. 1992;9:929-42 pubmed..The sequence similarity between dlg and PSD-95 suggests that molecular mechanisms critical for growth control in developing organisms may also regulate synapse formation, stabilization, or function in the adult brain. ..
- Xia Z, Gray J, Compton Toth B, Roth B. A direct interaction of PSD-95 with 5-HT2A serotonin receptors regulates receptor trafficking and signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21901-8 pubmed..Taken together, the present work elucidates novel roles for PSD-95 in regulating the functional activity and intracellular trafficking of 5-HT2A receptors and possibly other GPCRs. ..
- Kalia L, Salter M. Interactions between Src family protein tyrosine kinases and PSD-95. Neuropharmacology. 2003;45:720-8 pubmed..Together our results suggest that PSD-95 may be important for localizing and/or regulating multiple Src protein tyrosine kinases at the NMDA receptor multiprotein complex. ..
- Fukata Y, Tzingounis A, Trinidad J, Fukata M, Burlingame A, Nicoll R, et al. Molecular constituents of neuronal AMPA receptors. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:399-404 pubmed..These studies establish TARPs as the auxiliary components of neuronal AMPARs. ..
- Futai K, Kim M, Hashikawa T, Scheiffele P, Sheng M, Hayashi Y. Retrograde modulation of presynaptic release probability through signaling mediated by PSD-95-neuroligin. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:186-95 pubmed..Presynaptic beta-neurexin serves as a likely presynaptic mediator of this effect. Our results indicate that trans-synaptic protein-protein interactions can link postsynaptic and presynaptic function. ..
- Cousins S, Stephenson F. Identification of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor subtype-specific binding sites that mediate direct interactions with scaffold protein PSD-95. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13465-76 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they provide a more general molecular mechanism by which the scaffold, PSD-95, may discriminate between potential interacting partner proteins. ..
- Olsen O, Bredt D. Functional analysis of the nucleotide binding domain of membrane-associated guanylate kinases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6873-8 pubmed..These studies indicate that MAGUK proteins have lost affinity for GMP but may have retained the guanylate kinase structure to accommodate a related regulatory ligand. ..
- Kim M, Futai K, Jo J, Hayashi Y, Cho K, Sheng M. Synaptic accumulation of PSD-95 and synaptic function regulated by phosphorylation of serine-295 of PSD-95. Neuron. 2007;56:488-502 pubmed..The data suggest that synaptic strength can be regulated by phosphorylation-dephosphorylation of ser-295 of PSD-95 and that synaptic depression requires the dephosphorylation of ser-295. ..
- Colledge M, Dean R, Scott G, Langeberg L, Huganir R, Scott J. Targeting of PKA to glutamate receptors through a MAGUK-AKAP complex. Neuron. 2000;27:107-19 pubmed..As AMPA receptor phosphorylation is implicated in regulating synaptic plasticity, these data suggest that a MAGUK-AKAP complex may be centrally involved. ..
- Beique J, Andrade R. PSD-95 regulates synaptic transmission and plasticity in rat cerebral cortex. J Physiol. 2003;546:859-67 pubmed..These results thus identify a physiological role for PSD-95 and demonstrate that this protein can play a decisive role in controlling synaptic strength and activity-dependent synaptic plasticity. ..
- Porras G, Berthet A, Dehay B, Li Q, Ladépêche L, Normand E, et al. PSD-95 expression controls L-DOPA dyskinesia through dopamine D1 receptor trafficking. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:3977-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that altering D1R trafficking via synapse-associated scaffolding proteins may be useful in the treatment of dyskinesia in Parkinson's patients. ..
- Woods G, Oh W, Boudewyn L, Mikula S, Zito K. Loss of PSD-95 enrichment is not a prerequisite for spine retraction. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12129-38 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model of spine retraction in which loss of PSD-95 enrichment is not required prior to the destabilization of spines. ..
- Pichon X, Wattiez A, Becamel C, Ehrlich I, Bockaert J, Eschalier A, et al. Disrupting 5-HT(2A) receptor/PDZ protein interactions reduces hyperalgesia and enhances SSRI efficacy in neuropathic pain. Mol Ther. 2010;18:1462-70 pubmed publisher..Disruption of these interactions might be a valuable strategy to design novel treatments for neuropathic pain and to increase the effectiveness of SSRIs. ..
- Perez de Arce K, de Arce K, Varela Nallar L, Farias O, Cifuentes A, Bull P, et al. Synaptic clustering of PSD-95 is regulated by c-Abl through tyrosine phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3728-38 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that c-Abl regulates synapse formation by mediating tyrosine phosphorylation and clustering of PSD-95. ..
- Bats C, Groc L, Choquet D. The interaction between Stargazin and PSD-95 regulates AMPA receptor surface trafficking. Neuron. 2007;53:719-34 pubmed..These results propose a model in which the Stargazin-PSD-95 interaction plays a key role to trap and transiently stabilize diffusing AMPARs in the postsynaptic density. ..
- Tezuka T, Umemori H, Akiyama T, Nakanishi S, Yamamoto T. PSD-95 promotes Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:435-40 pubmed..These results suggest that PSD-95 is critical for regulation of NMDA receptor activity by Fyn and other Src-family PTKs, serving as a molecular scaffold for anchoring these PTKs to NR2A. ..
- Zheng C, Petralia R, Wang Y, Kachar B, Wenthold R. SAP102 is a highly mobile MAGUK in spines. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4757-66 pubmed publisher..These differences and the compensatory properties of the MAGUKs point out an unrecognized versatility of the MAGUKs in their function in synaptic organization and plasticity. ..
- Zhao J, Murata Y, Constantine Paton M. Eye opening and PSD95 are required for long-term potentiation in developing superior colliculus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:707-12 pubmed publisher..in the young superficial superior colliculus (SC) are synapse-associated protein 102 (SAP102) and postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95)...
- Kornau H, Schenker L, Kennedy M, Seeburg P. Domain interaction between NMDA receptor subunits and the postsynaptic density protein PSD-95. Science. 1995;269:1737-40 pubmed..The interaction of these proteins may affect the plasticity of excitatory synapses. ..
- Xu W, Schlüter O, Steiner P, Czervionke B, Sabatini B, Malenka R. Molecular dissociation of the role of PSD-95 in regulating synaptic strength and LTD. Neuron. 2008;57:248-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, the C-terminal portion of PSD-95 serves a dual function. It is required to localize PSD-95 at synapses and as a scaffold for signaling proteins that are required for LTD. ..
- Niethammer M, Kim E, Sheng M. Interaction between the C terminus of NMDA receptor subunits and multiple members of the PSD-95 family of membrane-associated guanylate kinases. J Neurosci. 1996;16:2157-63 pubmed..an interaction between NMDA receptor subunits 2A and 2B (NR2A and NR2B) and three distinct members of the PSD-95/SAP90 family of membrane-associated putative guanylate kinases...
- Wang C, Chang K, Petralia R, Wang Y, Seabold G, Wenthold R. A novel family of adhesion-like molecules that interacts with the NMDA receptor. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2174-83 pubmed..After transfection of heterologous cells with NR1 and NR2 cDNAs, through coimmunoprecipitation analyses, we find that SALM1 also interacts with the NMDA receptor NR1 subunit through its extracellular or TM1 domains. ..
- Takeuchi M, Hata Y, Hirao K, Toyoda A, Irie M, Takai Y. SAPAPs. A family of PSD-95/SAP90-associated proteins localized at postsynaptic density. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:11943-51 pubmedPSD-95/SAP90 is a member of membrane-associated guanylate kinases localized at postsynaptic density (PSD) in neuronal cells...
- Irie M, Hata Y, Takeuchi M, Ichtchenko K, Toyoda A, Hirao K, et al. Binding of neuroligins to PSD-95. Science. 1997;277:1511-5 pubmed..Thus different PDZ domains of PSD-95 are specialized for distinct functions. PSD-95 may recruit ion channels and neurotransmitter receptors to intercellular junctions formed between neurons by neuroligins and beta-neurexins. ..
- Charych E, Akum B, Goldberg J, Jörnsten R, Rongo C, Zheng J, et al. Activity-independent regulation of dendrite patterning by postsynaptic density protein PSD-95. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10164-76 pubmed
- Wu H, Hsu F, Gleichman A, Baconguis I, Coulter D, Lynch D. Fyn-mediated phosphorylation of NR2B Tyr-1336 controls calpain-mediated NR2B cleavage in neurons and heterologous systems. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20075-87 pubmed..Thus, the Fyn-controlled regulation of NMDA receptor cleavage by calpain may play critical roles in controlling NMDA receptor properties during synaptic plasticity and excitotoxicity. ..
- Schnell E, Sizemore M, Karimzadegan S, Chen L, Bredt D, Nicoll R. Direct interactions between PSD-95 and stargazin control synaptic AMPA receptor number. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13902-7 pubmed..Finally, we make compensatory mutations to both PSD-95 and stargazin to demonstrate the central role of direct interactions between them in determining the number of synaptic AMPARs. ..
- Kim J, Liao D, Lau L, Huganir R. SynGAP: a synaptic RasGAP that associates with the PSD-95/SAP90 protein family. Neuron. 1998;20:683-91 pubmedThe PSD-95/SAP90 family of proteins has recently been implicated in the organization of synaptic structure...
- Zhang P, Lisman J. Activity-dependent regulation of synaptic strength by PSD-95 in CA1 neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:1058-66 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PSD-95 cannot itself increase synaptic strength simply by increasing the number of AMPAR slots; rather, PSD-95's effects on synaptic strength require an activity-dependent process involving mGluR and CaMKII. ..
- Losi G, Prybylowski K, Fu Z, Luo J, Wenthold R, Vicini S. PSD-95 regulates NMDA receptors in developing cerebellar granule neurons of the rat. J Physiol. 2003;548:21-9 pubmed..These data suggest that PSD-95 overexpression in CGCs favours synaptic maturation by allowing synaptic insertion of NR2A and depressing expression of NR2B subunits. ..
- Wang W, Hu S, Li C, Zhou C, Qi S, Zhang G. Transduced PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 decreases Src phosphorylation and increases nNOS (Ser847) phosphorylation contributing to neuroprotection after cerebral ischemia. Brain Res. 2010;1328:162-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that overexpression of the PDZ1 domain can perturb the binding of PSD-95 to NMDA receptor, suppress the activity of both NMDA receptor and nNOS, and thus have a neuroprotective effect. ..
- Blanpied T, Kerr J, Ehlers M. Structural plasticity with preserved topology in the postsynaptic protein network. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12587-92 pubmed publisher..We propose a flexible matrix model of the PSD based on stable molecular positioning of PSD-95 scaffolds. ..
- Christenn M, Kindler S, Schulz S, Buck F, Richter D, Kreienkamp H. Interaction of brain somatostatin receptors with the PDZ domains of PSD-95. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5173-7 pubmed..As functional parameters of the receptor, such as coupling to potassium channels, are not affected by the interaction with PSD-95, the association may serve to localize the receptor to postsynaptic sites. ..
- Rehbein M, Wege K, Buck F, Schweizer M, Richter D, Kindler S. Molecular characterization of MARTA1, a protein interacting with the dendritic targeting element of MAP2 mRNAs. J Neurochem. 2002;82:1039-46 pubmed..Thus, MARTA1 may play a role in nucleocytoplasmic mRNA targeting. ..
- Zhang J, Lewis S, Kuhlman B, Lee A. Supertertiary structure of the MAGUK core from PSD-95. Structure. 2013;21:402-13 pubmed publisher..This weak interaction, however, is dynamic and weakened further by PDZ3 ligands and linker phosphorylation, suggesting that domain dynamics may be central to MAGUK function. ..
- Yao I, Iida J, Nishimura W, Hata Y. Synaptic and nuclear localization of brain-enriched guanylate kinase-associated protein. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5354-64 pubmed..Approximately 75 and 90% of GFP-BEGAIN clusters were colocalized with synaptophysin and PSD-95/SAP90, respectively...
- Bingol B, Schuman E. A proteasome-sensitive connection between PSD-95 and GluR1 endocytosis. Neuropharmacology. 2004;47:755-63 pubmed..Alternatively, the regulation of PSD-95 levels by the proteasome important for ligand-stimulated GluR endocytosis may be accomplished via an intermediate protein. ..
- Hermes G, Li N, Duman C, Duman R. Post-weaning chronic social isolation produces profound behavioral dysregulation with decreases in prefrontal cortex synaptic-associated protein expression in female rats. Physiol Behav. 2011;104:354-9 pubmed publisher..The expression of synaptic-associated proteins PSD95 and synapsin I as well as glutamate receptors subunits GluR1 and NR1 in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) were ..
- Soria Van Hoeve J, Borst J. Delayed appearance of the scaffolding proteins PSD-95 and Homer-1 at the developing rat calyx of Held synapse. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:4581-90 pubmed publisher..The relatively late appearance of Homer-1 and PSD-95 within the developing calyx of Held synapse suggests that they play a role in its stabilization and the recruitment of additional receptors to its postsynaptic density. ..
- Reese M, Dakoji S, Bredt D, Dötsch V. The guanylate kinase domain of the MAGUK PSD-95 binds dynamically to a conserved motif in MAP1a. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:155-63 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that PSD-95 GK has adopted the conformational flexibility of the ancestral enzyme to bind its varied ligands, which suggests a mechanism of regulation. ..
- Joiner M, Lise M, Yuen E, Kam A, Zhang M, Hall D, et al. Assembly of a beta2-adrenergic receptor--GluR1 signalling complex for localized cAMP signalling. EMBO J. 2010;29:482-95 pubmed publisher..Assembly of all proteins involved in the classic beta(2)AR-cAMP cascade into a supramolecular signalling complex and thus allows highly localized and selective regulation of one of its major target proteins. ..
- Petit C, Zhang J, Sapienza P, Fuentes E, Lee A. Hidden dynamic allostery in a PDZ domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18249-54 pubmed publisher..The third PDZ domain from PSD-95/SAP90 (PDZ3) has an unusual additional third alpha helix (alpha3) that packs in contiguous fashion against the globular ..
- Chih B, Engelman H, Scheiffele P. Control of excitatory and inhibitory synapse formation by neuroligins. Science. 2005;307:1324-8 pubmed..Electrophysiological analysis revealed a predominant reduction of inhibitory synaptic function. Thus, neuroligins control the formation and functional balance of excitatory and inhibitory synapses in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Yan X, Song B, Zhang G. Postsynaptic density protein 95 mediates Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II-activated serine phosphorylation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase during brain ischemia in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2004;355:197-200 pubmedRecent study has indicated that postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) promotes Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII)-mediated serine phosphorylation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS)...
- Abe M, Fukaya M, Yagi T, Mishina M, Watanabe M, Sakimura K. NMDA receptor GluRepsilon/NR2 subunits are essential for postsynaptic localization and protein stability of GluRzeta1/NR1 subunit. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7292-304 pubmed..Therefore, accompanying expression of GluRepsilon subunits is essential for postsynaptic localization and protein stability of the GluRzeta1 subunit. ..
- Du C, Gao J, Tai J, Liu Y, Qi J, Wang W, et al. Increased tyrosine phosphorylation of PSD-95 by Src family kinases after brain ischaemia. Biochem J. 2009;417:277-85 pubmed publisher..Thus the present study reveals an additional mechanism for the regulation of PSD-95 by tyrosine phosphorylation. This mechanism may be of pathological significance since it is associated with excitotoxicity in the ischaemic brain. ..
- Ogawa Y, Oses Prieto J, Kim M, Horresh I, Peles E, Burlingame A, et al. ADAM22, a Kv1 channel-interacting protein, recruits membrane-associated guanylate kinases to juxtaparanodes of myelinated axons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1038-48 pubmed publisher..2 and Caspr2 clustering is normal in ADAM22-null mice. Thus, ADAM22 is an axonal component of the Kv1 K(+) channel complex that recruits MAGUKs to juxtaparanodes. ..
- McCann J, Zheng L, Chiantia S, Bowen M. Domain orientation in the N-Terminal PDZ tandem from PSD-95 is maintained in the full-length protein. Structure. 2011;19:810-20 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ultra-weak interactions stabilize the conformation providing a "low-relief" energy landscape that allows the domain orientation to be flipped by environmental interactions. ..
- Vandanapu R, Singh A, Mikhaylova M, Reddy P, Kreutz M, Sharma Y. Structural differences between the SH3-HOOK-GuK domains of SAP90/PSD-95 and SAP97. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;68:201-7 pubmed publisherThe SH3-HOOK-GUK domains of the postsynaptic scaffolding proteins SAP90/PSD-95 and SAP97 are established targets of synaptic plasticity processes in the brain...
- Wang D, Govindaiah G, Liu R, De Arcangelis V, Cox C, Xiang Y. Binding of amyloid beta peptide to beta2 adrenergic receptor induces PKA-dependent AMPA receptor hyperactivity. FASEB J. 2010;24:3511-21 pubmed publisher..beta(2)AR and GluR1 also form a complex comprising postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95), PKA and its anchor AKAP150, and protein phosphotase 2A (PP2A)...
- Onouchi T, Takamori N, Senda T. Colocalization of APC and PSD-95 in the nerve fiber as well as in the post-synapse of matured neurons. Med Mol Morphol. 2012;45:152-60 pubmed
- Sussman H, MacNeilage P, Lumbley J. Pursuit auditory tracking of dichotically presented tonal amplitudes. J Speech Hear Res. 1975;18:74-81 pubmed..Testable consequences of this hypothesis are outlined. ..
- Lee H, Kim Y, Han K, Kim H, Kim E. The phosphoinositide 3-phosphatase MTMR2 interacts with PSD-95 and maintains excitatory synapses by modulating endosomal traffic. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5508-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PSD-95-interacting MTMR2 contributes to the maintenance of excitatory synapses by inhibiting excessive endosome formation and destructive endosomal traffic to lysosomes. ..
- Yudowski G, Olsen O, Adesnik H, Marek K, Bredt D. Acute inactivation of PSD-95 destabilizes AMPA receptors at hippocampal synapses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53965 pubmed publisher..These results confirm that PSD-95 stabilizes AMPA receptors at postsynaptic sites and provides insight into the dynamic interplay between PSD-95 and AMPA receptors in live neurons. ..
- Xiong W, Xie J, Liu J, Xiong H. [HIV-1gp120 injures neurons by alteration of neuronal expressions of NR2B and PSD-95]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014;30:139-42 pubmed..The gp120-induced neuronal injury can be blocked by a specific NR2B receptor antagonist, suggesting NR2B may function as a potential target for the development of therapeutic strategies. ..
- Juan W, Huang S, Chang C, Hung Y, Lin Y, Chen T, et al. Melatonin improves neuroplasticity by upregulating the growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43) and NMDAR postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95) proteins in cultured neurons exposed to glutamate excitotoxicity and in rats subjected to transient focal cerebral. J Pineal Res. 2014;56:213-23 pubmed publisher
- Choi J, Ko J, Racz B, Burette A, Lee J, Kim S, et al. Regulation of dendritic spine morphogenesis by insulin receptor substrate 53, a downstream effector of Rac1 and Cdc42 small GTPases. J Neurosci. 2005;25:869-79 pubmed..These results suggest that PSD-95 interaction is an important determinant of synaptic IRSp53 localization and that the SH3 domain of IRSp53 links activated Rac1/Cdc42 to downstream effectors for the regulation of spine morphogenesis. ..
- Marcora E, Kennedy M. The Huntington's disease mutation impairs Huntingtin's role in the transport of NF-?B from the synapse to the nucleus. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:4373-84 pubmed publisher..We show that this novel function of Htt is impaired by the polyQ expansion and thus may contribute to the etiology of HD. ..
- Moore C, McClenahan S, Hanvey H, Jang D, Nelson P, Joseph B, et al. Beta1-adrenergic receptor-mediated dilation of rat cerebral artery requires Shaker-type KV1 channels on PSD95 scaffold. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015;35:1537-46 pubmed publisherPostsynaptic density-95 (PSD95) is a scaffolding protein in cerebral vascular smooth muscle cells (cVSMCs), which binds to Shaker-type K(+) (KV1) channels and facilitates channel opening through phosphorylation by protein kinase A...
- Stanic J, Carta M, Eberini I, Pelucchi S, Marcello E, Genazzani A, et al. Rabphilin 3A retains NMDA receptors at synaptic sites through interaction with GluN2A/PSD-95 complex. Nat Commun. 2015;6:10181 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Rph3A interacts with GluN2A and PSD-95 forming a complex that regulates NMDARs stabilization at postsynaptic membranes. ..
- Ling W, Chang L, Song Y, Lu T, Jiang Y, Li Y, et al. Immunolocalization of NR1, NR2A, and PSD-95 in rat hippocampal subregions during postnatal development. Acta Histochem. 2012;114:285-95 pubmed publisher..Discovering the alteration of the relationship between PSD-95 and NMDAR subunits expression may be helpful for understanding mechanisms and therapy of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Taft C, Turrigiano G. PSD-95 promotes the stabilization of young synaptic contacts. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369:20130134 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that synaptic protein composition is highly variable over a time-scale of hours, and that PSD-95 is probably a key synaptic protein that promotes synapse stability. ..
- Yoshioka T, Hagiwara A, Hida Y, Ohtsuka T. Vangl2, the planar cell polarity protein, is complexed with postsynaptic density protein PSD-95 [corrected]. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1453-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the C-terminal PDZ-binding motif of Vangl2 is required for localization to dendritic spines. These results suggest that Vangl2 is a new component of the PSD that forms a complex with PSD-95 in the adult brain. ..
- Biala Y, Bogoch Y, Bejar C, Linial M, Weinstock M. Prenatal stress diminishes gender differences in behavior and in expression of hippocampal synaptic genes and proteins in rats. Hippocampus. 2011;21:1114-25 pubmed publisher..The study provides an unbiased view of key genes and proteins that act as gender dependent molecular sensors. The disruption of their expression by adverse early life stress may explain the alterations that occur in behavior. ..
- Wu Q, Sun M, Bernard L, Zhang H. Postsynaptic density 95 (PSD-95) serine 561 phosphorylation regulates a conformational switch and bidirectional dendritic spine structural plasticity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16150-16160 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel mechanistic insight into the regulation of PSD-95 in dendritic spine structural plasticity through phosphorylation-mediated regulation of protein dynamics and conformation. ..