Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dhx9
Description: DExH-box helicase 9
Alias: ATP-dependent RNA helicase A, DEAH (Asp-Glu-Ala-His) box helicase 9, DEAH (Asp-Glu-Ala-His) box polypeptide 9, DEAH-box helicase 9
- Zhang S, Schlott B, Görlach M, Grosse F. DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK) phosphorylates nuclear DNA helicase II/RNA helicase A and hnRNP proteins in an RNA-dependent manner. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1-10 pubmed..These results support the view that DNA-PK can also function as an RNA-dependent protein kinase to regulate some aspects of RNA metabolism, such as RNA processing and transport. ..
- Nakajima T, Uchida C, Anderson S, Lee C, Hurwitz J, Parvin J, et al. RNA helicase A mediates association of CBP with RNA polymerase II. Cell. 1997;90:1107-12 pubmed
- Yang J, Fuller P. Interactions of the mineralocorticoid receptor--within and without. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;350:196-205 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss the current understanding of interactions involving the MR and highlight their relevance to ligand- or tissue-specificity as well as their suitability as therapeutic targets. ..
- Fujii R, Okamoto M, Aratani S, Oishi T, Ohshima T, Taira K, et al. A Role of RNA Helicase A in cis-Acting Transactivation Response Element-mediated Transcriptional Regulation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5445-51 pubmed..These results indicate that TAR RNA is a preferred target of RHA dsRBDs and that RHA enhances HIV-1 transcription in vivo in part through the TAR-binding of RHA. ..
- Aktas T, Avşar Ilık İ, Maticzka D, Bhardwaj V, Pessoa Rodrigues C, Mittler G, et al. DHX9 suppresses RNA processing defects originating from the Alu invasion of the human genome. Nature. 2017;544:115-119 pubmed publisher..Here we show that DHX9, an abundant nuclear RNA helicase, binds specifically to inverted-repeat Alu elements that are transcribed as parts ..
- Zhang S, Hemmerich P, Grosse F. Werner syndrome helicase (WRN), nuclear DNA helicase II (NDH II) and histone gammaH2AX are localized to the centrosome. Cell Biol Int. 2007;31:1109-21 pubmed
- Zhang Z, Yuan B, Lu N, Facchinetti V, Liu Y. DHX9 pairs with IPS-1 to sense double-stranded RNA in myeloid dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2011;187:4501-8 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we identified DHX9, a DExDc helicase family member, as an important viral dsRNA sensor in myeloid dendritic cells (mDCs)...
- Jin J, Jing W, Lei X, Feng C, Peng S, Boris Lawrie K, et al. Evidence that Lin28 stimulates translation by recruiting RNA helicase A to polysomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:3724-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results lead us to suggest that Lin28 may stimulate translation by actively recruiting RHA to polysomes. ..
- Kim T, Pazhoor S, Bao M, Zhang Z, Hanabuchi S, Facchinetti V, et al. Aspartate-glutamate-alanine-histidine box motif (DEAH)/RNA helicase A helicases sense microbial DNA in human plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15181-6 pubmed publisher..acid-aspartate/histidine (DExD/H)-box helicase 36 (DHX36), whereas CpG-B selectively bound DExD/H-box helicase 9 (DHX9)...
- Padmanabhan K, Robles M, Westerling T, Weitz C. Feedback regulation of transcriptional termination by the mammalian circadian clock PERIOD complex. Science. 2012;337:599-602 pubmed publisher..We found that mouse PER complexes included RNA helicases DDX5 and DHX9, active RNA polymerase II large subunit, Per and Cry pre-mRNAs, and SETX, a helicase that promotes transcriptional ..
- Capitanio J, Montpetit B, Wozniak R. Human Nup98 regulates the localization and activity of DExH/D-box helicase DHX9. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Here we report on the identification of the DExH/D-box helicase DHX9 as an intranuclear Nup98 binding partner...
- Zhu S, Ding S, Wang P, Wei Z, Pan W, Palm N, et al. Nlrp9b inflammasome restricts rotavirus infection in intestinal epithelial cells. Nature. 2017;546:667-670 pubmed publisher..Our data show that, via RNA helicase Dhx9, Nlrp9b recognizes short double-stranded RNA stretches and forms inflammasome complexes with the adaptor proteins ..
- Aratani S, Fujii R, Oishi T, Fujita H, Amano T, Ohshima T, et al. Dual roles of RNA helicase A in CREB-dependent transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4460-9 pubmed..These results suggest that RHA could independently regulate CREB-dependent transcription either through recruitment of Pol II or by ATP-dependent mechanisms. ..
- Yang J, Tang H, Reddy T, Wong Staal F. Mapping the functional domains of HAP95, a protein that binds RNA helicase A and activates the constitutive transport element of type D retroviruses. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30694-700 pubmed..Taken together, these data support the proposal that HAP95 specifically facilitates CTE-mediated gene expression by directly binding to RHA. ..
- Zhang S, Herrmann C, Grosse F. Pre-mRNA and mRNA binding of human nuclear DNA helicase II (RNA helicase A). J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 7):1055-64 pubmed..According to our model, single-stranded DNA might be necessary to retain NDH II in the nuclear compartment. ..
- Zhang S, Buder K, Burkhardt C, Schlott B, Görlach M, Grosse F. Nuclear DNA helicase II/RNA helicase A binds to filamentous actin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:843-53 pubmed..These results suggest an important function of NDH II in mediating the attachment of hnRNP-mRPP RNP complexes to the actin nucleoskeleton for RNA processing, transport, or other actin-related processes. ..
- Jain A, Bacolla A, Del Mundo I, Zhao J, Wang G, Vasquez K. DHX9 helicase is involved in preventing genomic instability induced by alternatively structured DNA in human cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:10345-57 pubmed publisher..Recently, we demonstrated that human DHX9 helicase preferentially unwinds inter-molecular triplex DNA in vitro...
- Tang H, Gaietta G, Fischer W, Ellisman M, Wong Staal F. A cellular cofactor for the constitutive transport element of type D retrovirus. Science. 1997;276:1412-5 pubmed..In vivo colocalization of helicase A and CTE was observed in experiments that combined in situ hybridization and immunostaining. These results suggest that helicase A plays a role in the nuclear export of CTE-containing RNA...
- Weidensdorfer D, Stöhr N, Baude A, Lederer M, Köhn M, Schierhorn A, et al. Control of c-myc mRNA stability by IGF2BP1-associated cytoplasmic RNPs. RNA. 2009;15:104-15 pubmed publisher..Four of these proteins (HNRNPU, SYNCRIP, YBX1, and DHX9) were essential to ensure stabilization of the c-myc mRNA via the CRD...
- Tetsuka T, Uranishi H, Sanda T, Asamitsu K, Yang J, Wong Staal F, et al. RNA helicase A interacts with nuclear factor kappaB p65 and functions as a transcriptional coactivator. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3741-51 pubmed..These data suggest that RHA is an essential component of the transactivation complex by mediating the transcriptional activity of NF-kappaB. ..
- Fu Q, Yuan Y. Structural insights into RISC assembly facilitated by dsRNA-binding domains of human RNA helicase A (DHX9). Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:3457-70 pubmed publisher..Human RNA helicase A (DHX9) was reported to function as an RISC-loading factor, and such function is mediated mainly by its dsRNA-binding ..
- Lee T, Di Paola D, Malina A, Mills J, Kreps A, Grosse F, et al. Suppression of the DHX9 helicase induces premature senescence in human diploid fibroblasts in a p53-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:22798-814 pubmed publisherb>DHX9 is an ATP-dependent DEXH box helicase with a multitude of cellular functions...
- Lee C, Hurwitz J. A new RNA helicase isolated from HeLa cells that catalytically translocates in the 3' to 5' direction. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4398-407 pubmed..We propose that the enzyme can bind to both single-stranded RNA and DNA and hydrolyze ATP, but by virtue of its greater stability on RNA, the enzyme can only translocate on RNA possessing 3' single-stranded regions. ..
- Amorim B, Okamura H, Yoshida K, Qiu L, Morimoto H, Haneji T. The transcriptional factor Osterix directly interacts with RNA helicase A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:347-51 pubmed..Immunocytochemical analysis also showed that Osterix and RNA helicase A were co-localized in HEK 293 cells. Our data suggest that RNA helicase A might be a component of Osterix regulation. ..
- Aratani S, Oishi T, Fujita H, Nakazawa M, Fujii R, Imamoto N, et al. The nuclear import of RNA helicase A is mediated by importin-alpha3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:125-33 pubmed..Our results indicate that the nuclear import of RHA is mediated by the importin-alpha3/importin-beta-dependent pathway and suggest that the specificity for importin may regulate the functions of cargo proteins. ..
- Boeras I, Song Z, Moran A, Franklin J, Brown W, Johnson M, et al. DHX9/RHA Binding to the PBS-Segment of the Genomic RNA during HIV-1 Assembly Bolsters Virion Infectivity. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:2418-2429 pubmed publisher..Despite its critical role in bolstering virion infectivity, the molecular basis for the incorporation of DHX9/RNA helicase A (RHA) to virions remains unclear...
- Zhang S, Köhler C, Hemmerich P, Grosse F. Nuclear DNA helicase II (RNA helicase A) binds to an F-actin containing shell that surrounds the nucleolus. Exp Cell Res. 2004;293:248-58 pubmed..Taken together, these results support the idea that an actin-based filamentous network may anchor NDH II at the nucleolar periphery for pre-ribosomal RNA processing, ribosome assembly, and/or transport. ..
- Myöhänen S, Baylin S. Sequence-specific DNA binding activity of RNA helicase A to the p16INK4a promoter. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1634-42 pubmed..This interaction is decreased in cancer cells, where this gene is aberrantly transcriptionally silent. ..