Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dctn1
Description: dynactin subunit 1
Alias: dynactin subunit 1, 150 kDa dynein-associated polypeptide, DAP-150, DP-150, dynactin 1, p150-glued
- Sonnen K, Schermelleh L, Leonhardt H, Nigg E. 3D-structured illumination microscopy provides novel insight into architecture of human centrosomes. Biol Open. 2012;1:965-76 pubmed publisher..Our study provides novel insights into the architecture of human centrosomes and illustrates the power of super-resolution microscopy in revealing the relative localization of centriole and PCM proteins in unprecedented detail. ..
- McKenney R, Weil S, Scherer J, Vallee R. Mutually exclusive cytoplasmic dynein regulation by NudE-Lis1 and dynactin. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:39615-22 pubmed publisher..Together these results reveal an unanticipated mechanism for preventing dual regulation of individual dynein molecules, and identify the IC as a nexus for regulatory interactions within the dynein complex. ..
- Peris L, Thery M, Faure J, Saoudi Y, Lafanechere L, Chilton J, et al. Tubulin tyrosination is a major factor affecting the recruitment of CAP-Gly proteins at microtubule plus ends. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:839-49 pubmed..a cytoskeleton-associated protein glycine-rich (CAP-Gly) microtubule binding domain such as CLIP-115 and p150 Glued, localize to the ends of tyrosinated microtubules but not to the ends of detyrosinated microtubules...
- Tripathy S, Weil S, Chen C, Anand P, Vallee R, Gross S. Autoregulatory mechanism for dynactin control of processive and diffusive dynein transport. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1192-201 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an unexpected form of long-range allosteric control of dynein motor function by internal p150(Glued) sequences, and evidence for p150(Glued) autoregulation. ..
- Shen Y, Li N, Wu S, Zhou Y, Shan Y, Zhang Q, et al. Nudel binds Cdc42GAP to modulate Cdc42 activity at the leading edge of migrating cells. Dev Cell. 2008;14:342-53 pubmed publisher..Nudel facilitates cell migration by sequestering Cdc42GAP at the leading edge to stabilize active Cdc42 in response to extracellular stimuli. Excess active Cdc42 may in turn control its own activity by recruiting Cdc42GAP from Nudel. ..
- Holzbaur E, Hammarback J, Paschal B, Kravit N, Pfister K, Vallee R. Homology of a 150K cytoplasmic dynein-associated polypeptide with the Drosophila gene Glued. Nature. 1991;351:579-83 pubmed..As dominant mutations may involve disruption of normal protein-protein interactions, the Glued mutation should provide insight into the mode of action of cytoplasmic dynein in vivo. ..
- Ohshima S, Tsuboi Y, Yamamoto A, Kawakami M, Farrer M, Kira J, et al. Autonomic failures in Perry syndrome with DCTN1 mutation. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2010;16:612-4 pubmed publisher..We recently identified an additional family with Perry syndrome with DCTN1 mutation residing in Japan...
- Chan Y, Fava L, Uldschmid A, Schmitz M, Gerlich D, Nigg E, et al. Mitotic control of kinetochore-associated dynein and spindle orientation by human Spindly. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:859-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal hSpindly-mediated dynein functions and highlight a critical role of KT dynein in spindle orientation...
- Collin G, Nishina P, Marshall J, Naggert J. Human DCTN1: genomic structure and evaluation as a candidate for Alström syndrome. Genomics. 1998;53:359-64 pubmedThe human dynactin 1 gene (DCTN1) is positioned on chromosome 2p13, the candidate region for various diseases including Alström syndrome, limb-girdle muscle dystrophy, and Miyoshi myopathy...
- Kotak S, Busso C, G nczy P. Cortical dynein is critical for proper spindle positioning in human cells. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:97-110 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose a model in which the ternary complex serves to anchor dynein at the plasma membrane to ensure correct spindle positioning...
- Lin M, Sheng Z. Regulation of mitochondrial transport in neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2015;334:35-44 pubmed publisher..The review focuses on microtubule (MT)-based mitochondrial trafficking and anchoring. Additional insight from different perspectives can be found in other in-depth reviews. ..
- Zhapparova O, Fokin A, Vorobyeva N, Bryantseva S, Nadezhdina E. Ste20-like protein kinase SLK (LOSK) regulates microtubule organization by targeting dynactin to the centrosome. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3205-14 pubmed publisher..We also show that dynactin phosphorylation is involved in Golgi reorientation in polarized cells. ..
- Kodani A, Salomé Sirerol Piquer M, Seol A, Garcia Verdugo J, Reiter J. Kif3a interacts with Dynactin subunit p150 Glued to organize centriole subdistal appendages. EMBO J. 2013;32:597-607 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to its ciliogenic roles, Kif3a recruits p150(Glued) to the subdistal appendages of mother centrioles, critical for centrosomes to function as microtubule-organizing centres. ..
- Kuh G, Stockmann M, Meyer Ohlendorf M, Linta L, Proepper C, Ludolph A, et al. Tubulin-binding cofactor B is a direct interaction partner of the dynactin subunit p150(Glued). Cell Tissue Res. 2012;350:13-26 pubmed publisherThe dynactin p150(Glued) subunit, encoded by the gene DCTN1, is part of the dynein-dynactin motor protein complex responsible for retrograde axonal transport in motor neurons...
- Fujiwara T, Morimoto K. Cooperative effect of p150Glued and microtubule stabilization to suppress excitotoxicity-induced axon degeneration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;424:82-8 pubmed publisher..C-terminal truncation of p150Glued is not rescued by microtubule stabilization suggesting that the downstream effects of p150Glued and microtubule stabilization to protect axon degeneration are mutually exclusive. ..
- Chung C, Koprich J, Siddiqi H, Isacson O. Dynamic changes in presynaptic and axonal transport proteins combined with striatal neuroinflammation precede dopaminergic neuronal loss in a rat model of AAV alpha-synucleinopathy. J Neurosci. 2009;29:3365-73 pubmed publisher..These findings can provide ideas for antecedent biomarkers and presymptomatic interventions in PD. ..
- Wassmer T, Attar N, Harterink M, van Weering J, Traer C, Oakley J, et al. The retromer coat complex coordinates endosomal sorting and dynein-mediated transport, with carrier recognition by the trans-Golgi network. Dev Cell. 2009;17:110-22 pubmed publisher..These interactions describe fundamental steps in retromer-mediated transport and establish that the spatial organization of the retromer network is a critical element required for efficient retromer-mediated sorting...
- Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Ishida M, Fukuda M. Melanoregulin regulates retrograde melanosome transport through interaction with the RILP-p150Glued complex in melanocytes. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1508-18 pubmed publisher..of Rab-interacting lysosomal protein (RILP) and formed a complex with RILP and p150(Glued) (also known as dynactin subunit 1, DCTN1), a component of the dynein-dynactin motor complex, in cultured cells...
- Seldin L, Muroyama A, Lechler T. NuMA-microtubule interactions are critical for spindle orientation and the morphogenesis of diverse epidermal structures. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an additional and direct function of NuMA during mitotic spindle positioning, as well as a reiterative use of spindle orientation in the skin to build diverse structures. ..
- Cassimeris L, Morabito J. TOGp, the human homolog of XMAP215/Dis1, is required for centrosome integrity, spindle pole organization, and bipolar spindle assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1580-90 pubmed..The major functions of TOGp during mitosis are to focus MT minus ends at spindle poles, maintain centrosome integrity, and contribute to spindle bipolarity. ..
- Chen T, Syu J, Han T, Cheng H, Lu F, Wang C. Cell Cycle-Dependent Localization of Dynactin Subunit p150 glued at Centrosome. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:2049-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified the centrosomal targeting of p150(glued) in distinct cell cycle stage and uncovered its role in controlling G1/S transition. ..