Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dao
Description: D-amino-acid oxidase
Alias: Dao1, D-amino-acid oxidase, D-amino acid oxidase 1, DAAO, DAMOX
- Zhang H, Qi L, Lin Y, Mao L, Chen Y. Study on the decrease of renal D-amino acid oxidase activity in the rat after renal ischemia by chiral ligand exchange capillary electrophoresis. Amino Acids. 2012;42:337-45 pubmed publisherD: -Amino acid oxidase (DAAO) in mammal kidney regulates the renal reactive oxygen species (ROS) levels directly and plays a leading role in the development of ROS-mediated renal pathologic damages based on its crucial role in the ..
- Paul P, Murphy T, Oseni Z, Sivalokanathan S, de Belleroche J. Pathogenic effects of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked mutation in D-amino acid oxidase are mediated by D-serine. Neurobiol Aging. 2014;35:876-85 pubmed publisher..We previously reported a coding mutation in D-amino acid oxidase (R199W DAO) associated with familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...
- Sacchi S, Cappelletti P, Giovannardi S, Pollegioni L. Evidence for the interaction of D-amino acid oxidase with pLG72 in a glial cell line. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;48:20-8 pubmed publisher..We also report that newly synthesized cytosolic hDAAO is catalytically active, and therefore pLG72 binding-and ensuing hDAAO inactivation-plays a protective role against d-serine depletion. ..
- Popiolek M, Ross J, Charych E, Chanda P, Gundelfinger E, Moss S, et al. D-amino acid oxidase activity is inhibited by an interaction with bassoon protein at the presynaptic active zone. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28867-75 pubmed publisher..One such susceptibility gene encoding D-amino acid oxidase (DAO), an enzyme that metabolizes the NMDA receptor (NMDAR) co-agonist D-serine, has the potential to modulate NMDAR ..
- Molla G, Sacchi S, Bernasconi M, Pilone M, Fukui K, Polegioni L. Characterization of human D-amino acid oxidase. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2358-64 pubmedD-Amino acid oxidase (DAAO) has been proposed to be involved in the oxidation of D-serine, an allosteric activator of the NMDA-type glutamate receptor in the brain, and to be associated with the onset of schizophrenia...
- Hasegawa H, Matsukawa T, Shinohara Y, Konno R, Hashimoto T. Role of renal D-amino-acid oxidase in pharmacokinetics of D-leucine. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E160-5 pubmedd-Amino acids are now recognized to be widely present in mammals. Renal d-amino-acid oxidase (DAO) is associated with conversion of d-amino acids to the corresponding alpha-keto acids, but its contribution in vivo is poorly understood ..
- Fukudome I, Kobayashi M, Dabanaka K, Maeda H, Okamoto K, Okabayashi T, et al. Diamine oxidase as a marker of intestinal mucosal injury and the effect of soluble dietary fiber on gastrointestinal tract toxicity after intravenous 5-fluorouracil treatment in rats. Med Mol Morphol. 2014;47:100-7 pubmed publisherThe level of plasma diamine oxidase (DAO) activity is associated with the maturation and integrity of small intestinal mucosa...