Genomes and Genes
cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1
Gene Symbol: cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1
Description: cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1
Alias: Cyslt1, cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1
Products: cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1
- Piechuta H, Ford Hutchinson A, Letts L. Inhibition of allergen-induced bronchoconstriction in hyperreactive rats as a model for testing 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors and leukotriene D4 receptor antagonists. Agents Actions. 1987;22:69-74 pubmed..It is concluded that the model provides a reproducible method for screening large numbers of leukotriene inhibitors and antagonists and gives a measurement of their duration of biological activity. ..
- Yu S, Zhao B, Zhang X, Zhang X, Wang Y, Zhang L, et al. [Cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 is involved in rotenone-induced injury of PC12 cells]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2012;41:139-45 pubmedTo investigate whether cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 (CysLT? receptor) is involved in rotenone-induced injury of PC12 cells...
- Ichinose F, Zapol W, Sapirstein A, Ullrich R, Tager A, Coggins K, et al. Attenuation of hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction by endotoxemia requires 5-lipoxygenase in mice. Circ Res. 2001;88:832-8 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that a 5-LO product, most likely a cysteinyl LT, contributes to the attenuation of HPV and to pulmonary injury after challenge with endotoxin. ..
- Fullmer J, Khan A, Elidemir O, Chiappetta C, Stark J, Colasurdo G. Role of cysteinyl leukotrienes in airway inflammation and responsiveness following RSV infection in BALB/c mice. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2005;16:593-601 pubmed..These studies support recent reports on the beneficial effects of CysLT receptor antagonist in human trials and provide a model for investigating the role of CysLTs in RSV bronchiolitis. ..
- Sanz C, Isidro García M, Davila I, Moreno E, Laffond E, Lorente F. Analysis of 927T> C CYSLTRI and -444A > C LTC4S polymorphisms in patients with asthma. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2006;16:331-7 pubmed..Further studies are needed to confirm such an association. ..
- Zhang J, Migita O, Koga M, Shibasaki M, Arinami T, Noguchi E. Determination of structure and transcriptional regulation of CYSLTR1 and an association study with asthma and rhinitis. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2006;17:242-9 pubmedPharmacologic studies have revealed that cysteinyl leukotrienes (CYSLTs) act through two receptors, cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 (CYSLTR1) and CYSLTR2. CYSLTR1 antagonists are widely used to treat asthma and rhinitis...
- Trandafir C, Nishihashi T, Ji X, Wang A, Kurahashi K. Cysteinyl leukotrienes and leukotriene B mediate vasoconstriction to arginine vasopressin in rat basilar artery. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2005;32:1027-33 pubmed..Contractions to AVP were determined in the absence or presence of 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors or CysLT1 or BLT receptor antagonists...
- Said M, Bosland M. The anti-inflammatory effect of montelukast, a cysteinyl leukotriene receptor-1 antagonist, against estradiol-induced nonbacterial inflammation in the rat prostate. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2017;390:197-205 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that montelukast inhibits estradiol-induced NBP in a rat model through anti-inflammatory mechanisms, suggesting its future beneficial effect for the treatment of clinical chronic NBP. ..
- Perez Novo C, Claeys C, Van Cauwenberge P, Bachert C. Expression of eicosanoid receptors subtypes and eosinophilic inflammation: implication on chronic rhinosinusitis. Respir Res. 2006;7:75 pubmed..mRNA expression of CysLT1, CysLT2, BLT1, BLT2, E-prostanoid receptors (EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4) and sol-IL-5Ralpha was determined by real-time ..
- Ng S, Bakowski D, Nelson C, Mehta R, Almeyda R, Bates G, et al. Cysteinyl leukotriene type I receptor desensitization sustains Ca2+-dependent gene expression. Nature. 2012;482:111-5 pubmed publisher..G-protein-coupled cysteinyl leukotriene type I (CysLT1) receptors regulate immune-cell function and CysLT1 receptors are an established therapeutic target for allergies, ..
- Hao L, Sayers I, Cakebread J, Barton S, Beghe B, Holgate S, et al. The cysteinyl-leukotriene type 1 receptor polymorphism 927T/C is associated with atopy severity but not with asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:735-41 pubmedThe cysteinyl-leukotriene receptor type 1 (CysLT1) mediates the bronchoconstrictor and pro-inflammatory actions of cysteinyl-leukotrienes (LTC4, LTD4, LTE4) in asthma and is the molecular target of the lukast class of oral anti-..
- Xu L, Zhang L, Liu L, Fang S, Lu Y, Wei E, et al. Involvement of cysteinyl leukotriene receptors in angiogenesis in rat thoracic aortic rings. Pharmazie. 2010;65:750-4 pubmed..Cysteinyl leukotrienes (CysLTs) are potent inflammatory mediators that induce inflammation through the activation of CysLT1 and CysLT2 receptors...
- Kaditis A, Ioannou M, Chaidas K, Alexopoulos E, Apostolidou M, Apostolidis T, et al. Cysteinyl leukotriene receptors are expressed by tonsillar T cells of children with obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 2008;134:324-331 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of LT1-R and LT2-R could potentially promote tonsillar enlargement in children with obstructive sleep apnea. ..
- Kim S, Oh J, Kim Y, Palmer L, Suh C, Nahm D, et al. Cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 promoter polymorphism is associated with aspirin-intolerant asthma in males. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:433-9 pubmed..characterized by bronchoconstriction, mucus secretion and airway hyper-responsiveness via cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 (CysLTR1)-mediated mechanism...
- Chen X, Cheng D, Guan J, Xia X, Fan L, Su Q. [Preventive effects of montelukast on hypoxic pulmonary hypertension in rats]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2003;34:555-8 pubmed..05). Chronic hypoxia stimulates synthesis and release of LTC4. CysLT may play an important role in the pathogenesis of hypoxic pulmonary hypertension and montelukast can prevent hypoxi pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Roa J, Morikawa H, Crawford L, Baatjes A, Duong M, Denburg J. The effects of montelukast on tissue inflammatory and bone marrow responses in murine experimental allergic rhinitis: interaction with interleukin-5 deficiency. Immunology. 2007;122:438-44 pubmed..The addition of cysLT1R blockade to IL-5 deficiency more fully attenuates symptoms and upper airway inflammation than either factor alone, providing evidence of systemic, BM mechanisms in allergic rhinitis. ..
- Matsuyama M, Funao K, Kawahito Y, Sano H, Chargui J, Touraine J, et al. Study of cysteinyl leukotriene-1 receptor in rat renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:2149-51 pubmed publisher..Several hours after the maximal CysLT1R expression, we observed the maximum renal I/R injury. These results may suggest a relationship between the CysLT1R and renal I/R injury. ..
- Beller T, Friend D, Maekawa A, Lam B, Austen K, Kanaoka Y. Cysteinyl leukotriene 1 receptor controls the severity of chronic pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3047-52 pubmed
- Fang S, Wei E, Zhou Y, Wang M, Zhang W, Yu G, et al. Increased expression of cysteinyl leukotriene receptor-1 in the brain mediates neuronal damage and astrogliosis after focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Neuroscience. 2006;140:969-79 pubmedCysteinyl leukotrienes are potent pro-inflammatory mediators. Cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 is one of the two cysteinyl leukotriene receptors cloned...
- Lefebvre B, Caron F, Bessard G, Stanke Labesque F. Effect of 5-lipoxygenase blockade on blood pressure and acetylcholine-evoked endothelium-dependent contraction in aorta from spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2006;24:85-93 pubmed..Pretreatment with either MK-886 (10 micromol/l), the 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) inhibitor AA861 (10 micromol/l), or the cysLT1 receptor antagonist MK571 (1 micromol/l) reduced (P < 0...
- Sener G, Sakarcan A, Sehirli O, Eksioglu Demiralp E, Sener E, Ercan F, et al. Chronic renal failure-induced multiple-organ injury in rats is alleviated by the selective CysLT1 receptor antagonist montelukast. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2007;83:257-67 pubmed..We aimed to investigate the possible protective effect of montelukast, a CysLT1 receptor antagonist, against oxidative damage in a rat model of CRF, induced by 5/6 reduction of renal mass...
- Maekawa A, Kanaoka Y, Lam B, Austen K. Identification in mice of two isoforms of the cysteinyl leukotriene 1 receptor that result from alternative splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2256-61 pubmed..Thus, the dominant mouse isoform with the N-terminal amino acid extension encoded by an additional exon has the same ligand response profile as the spliced form and the human receptor. ..
- Prinz I, Gregoire C, Mollenkopf H, Aguado E, Wang Y, Malissen M, et al. The type 1 cysteinyl leukotriene receptor triggers calcium influx and chemotaxis in mouse alpha beta- and gamma delta effector T cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:713-9 pubmed..These results suggest that CysLT(1) is likely involved in the recruitment of activated alphabeta and gammadelta T cells to inflamed tissues. ..
- Henderson W, Chiang G, Tien Y, Chi E. Reversal of allergen-induced airway remodeling by CysLT1 receptor blockade. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;173:718-28 pubmed..By immunocytochemistry, CysLT1 receptor expression was significantly increased in airway smooth muscle cells in allergen-treated mice compared ..
- Wong W, Zhu H, Liao W. Cysteinyl leukotriene receptor antagonist MK-571 alters bronchoalveolar lavage fluid proteome in a mouse asthma model. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;575:134-41 pubmed
- Chao S, Graham S, Brown C, Kline J, Hussain I. Cysteinyl leukotriene 1 receptor expression in nasal polyps. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2006;115:394-7 pubmed..To further understand the role of CysLTs in polyp pathogenesis, we studied the expression of CysLT1 receptors in nasal polyps. The study group comprised polyps removed endoscopically from 20 consecutive patients...
- Okubo K, Baba K. A double-blind non-inferiority clinical study of montelukast, a cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 antagonist, compared with pranlukast in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. Allergol Int. 2008;57:383-90 pubmed publisherDuring the course of development of montelukast, a cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 antagonist, for treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis, a double-blind, non-inferiority study was carried out to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ..
- Bonville C, Rosenberg H, Domachowske J. Ribavirin and cysteinyl leukotriene-1 receptor blockade as treatment for severe bronchiolitis. Antiviral Res. 2006;69:53-9 pubmed..responses of pneumovirus-infected mice to combination therapy with the antiviral agent, ribavirin, and the CysLT1 cysteinyl leukotriene receptor antagonist, montelukast...