Genomes and Genes
cysteine string protein
Gene Symbol: cysteine string protein
Description: DnaJ heat shock protein family (Hsp40) member C5
Alias: Csp, dnaJ homolog subfamily C member 5, DnaJ (Hsp40) homolog, subfamily C, member 5, cysteine string protein
Products: cysteine string protein
- Noskova L, Stránecký V, Hartmannova H, Přistoupilová A, Baresova V, Ivanek R, et al. Mutations in DNAJC5, encoding cysteine-string protein alpha, cause autosomal-dominant adult-onset neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:241-52 pubmed publisher..346_348delCTC and c.344T>G, in DNAJC5 encoding cysteine-string protein alpha (CSP?). These mutations-causing a deletion, p.Leu116del, and an amino acid exchange, p...
- Greaves J, Salaun C, Fukata Y, Fukata M, Chamberlain L. Palmitoylation and membrane interactions of the neuroprotective chaperone cysteine-string protein. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25014-26 pubmed publisherCysteine-string protein (CSP) is an extensively palmitoylated DnaJ-family chaperone, which exerts an important neuroprotective function...
- Miller L, Swayne L, Chen L, Feng Z, Wacker J, Muchowski P, et al. Cysteine string protein (CSP) inhibition of N-type calcium channels is blocked by mutant huntingtin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:53072-81 pubmedb>Cysteine string protein (CSP), a 34-kDa molecular chaperone, is expressed on synaptic vesicles in neurons and on secretory vesicles in endocrine, neuroendocrine, and exocrine cells...
- Beck K, Kay J, Braun J. Rdj2, a J protein family member, interacts with cellular prion PrP(C). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:866-71 pubmed..These findings suggest that the J protein family serves as a 'folding catalyst' for PrP(C) and implicates Rdj2 as a factor in the protection against prion diseases. ..
- Fukuda M. Distinct developmental expression of synaptotagmin I and IX in the mouse brain. Neuroreport. 2006;17:179-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that synaptotagmin IX regulates the transport of certain vesicles in the brain other than synaptic vesicles. ..
- Yamada M, Yamazaki S, Takahashi K, Nara K, Ozawa H, Yamada S, et al. Induction of cysteine string protein after chronic antidepressant treatment in rat frontal cortex. Neurosci Lett. 2001;301:183-6 pubmed..With this ADRG microarray, we found that the expression of a spot, ADRG55, which representing cysteine string protein (CSP), was significantly increased in rat brain after chronic treatment with a selective serotonin ..
- Braun J, Scheller R. Cysteine string protein, a DnaJ family member, is present on diverse secretory vesicles. Neuropharmacology. 1995;34:1361-9 pubmed..CSP (cysteine string protein) is a 34 kDa protein which copurifies with cholinergic synaptic vesicles from the marine ray Torpedo ..
- Bai L, Swayne L, Braun J. The CSPalpha/G protein complex in PC12 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:123-9 pubmed..These results indicate that CSPalpha activity is subject to regulation by factors that alter Hsc70 distribution and translocation within the cell. ..
- Miller L, Swayne L, Kay J, Feng Z, Jarvis S, Zamponi G, et al. Molecular determinants of cysteine string protein modulation of N-type calcium channels. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:2967-74 pubmed..We have previously reported an interaction of CSP with both heterotrimeric GTP-binding proteins (G proteins) and N-type calcium channels that results in a tonic G ..
- Weng N, Baumler M, Thomas D, Falkowski M, Swayne L, Braun J, et al. Functional role of J domain of cysteine string protein in Ca2+-dependent secretion from acinar cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G1030-9 pubmed publisher..b>Cysteine string protein (CSP-alpha) is a zymogen granule (ZG) membrane protein characterized by an NH(2)-terminal "J domain&..
- Eybalin M, Renard N, Aure F, Safieddine S. Cysteine-string protein in inner hair cells of the organ of Corti: synaptic expression and upregulation at the onset of hearing. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;15:1409-20 pubmed..This also suggests that this role may be common to ribbon synapses and conventional central nervous system synapses...
- Shimomura H, Imai A, Nashida T. Characterization of cysteine string protein in rat parotid acinar cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2013;538:1-5 pubmed publisher..i) a heavily palmitoylated cysteine string (comprised of 14 cysteine residues, responsible for the localization of CSP to secretory vesicle membranes), (ii) an N-terminal J-domain (DnaJ domain of Hsc70, 70kDa heat-shock cognate ..