Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp4a3
Description: cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily a, polypeptide 3
Alias: CYPIVA3, Cyp4a14, cytochrome P450 4A14, CYPIVA14, P450-LA-omega 3, cytochrome P450 4A3, cytochrome P450, family 4, subfamily a, polypeptide 14, cytochrome P450-LA-omega 3, long-chain fatty acid omega-monooxygenase
- Kroetz D, Huse L, Thuresson A, Grillo M. Developmentally regulated expression of the CYP4A genes in the spontaneously hypertensive rat kidney. Mol Pharmacol. 1997;52:362-72 pubmed..Distinct age-dependent patterns of expression were observed for the individual CYP4A genes, with only CYP4A3 mRNA measurable in the kidneys of 1-week-old rats...
- Nguyen X, Wang M, Reddy K, Falck J, Schwartzman M. Kinetic profile of the rat CYP4A isoforms: arachidonic acid metabolism and isoform-specific inhibitors. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:R1691-700 pubmed..min-1 for CYP4A1 was followed by 72 and 22 nM-1. min-1 for CYP4A2 and CYP4A3, respectively...
- Wang J, Maier K, Roman R, de la Cruz L, Zhu J, Henderson L, et al. Expression of cytochrome P450-4A isoforms in the rat cremaster muscle microcirculation. Microcirculation. 2004;11:89-96 pubmed
- Park F, Sweeney W, Jia G, Akbulut T, Mueller B, Falck J, et al. Chronic blockade of 20-HETE synthesis reduces polycystic kidney disease in an orthologous rat model of ARPKD. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F575-82 pubmed publisher..RT-PCR analysis indicated that the expression of CYP4A1, CYP4A2, CYP4A3, and CYP4A8 mRNA was increased two- to fourfold in cystic PCK compared with noncystic Sprague-Dawley rat kidneys...
- Zhang X, Li S, Zhou Y, Su W, Ruan X, Wang B, et al. Ablation of cytochrome P450 omega-hydroxylase 4A14 gene attenuates hepatic steatosis and fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:3181-3185 pubmed publisher..Cytochrome P450 omega-hydroxylase 4A14 (CYP4A14) is a homolog of human CYP4A hydroxylase that catalyzes omega-hydroxylation of medium-chain fatty acids and ..