Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp26b1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily b, polypeptide 1
Alias: cytochrome P450 26B1
- Bowles J, Knight D, Smith C, Wilhelm D, Richman J, Mamiya S, et al. Retinoid signaling determines germ cell fate in mice. Science. 2006;312:596-600 pubmed..Meiosis is retarded in the fetal testis by the action of the retinoid-degrading enzyme CYP26B1, ultimately leading to spermatogenesis...
- Laue K, Pogoda H, Daniel P, van Haeringen A, Alanay Y, von Ameln S, et al. Craniosynostosis and multiple skeletal anomalies in humans and zebrafish result from a defect in the localized degradation of retinoic acid. Am J Hum Genet. 2011;89:595-606 pubmed publisher..We have identified human null and hypomorphic mutations in the gene encoding the RA-degrading enzyme CYP26B1 that lead to skeletal and craniofacial anomalies, including fusions of long bones, calvarial bone hypoplasia, and ..
- Okano J, Lichti U, Mamiya S, Aronova M, Zhang G, Yuspa S, et al. Increased retinoic acid levels through ablation of Cyp26b1 determine the processes of embryonic skin barrier formation and peridermal development. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1827-36 pubmed publisher..Absence of cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily b, polypeptide 1 (Cyp26b1), a retinoic-acid-degrading enzyme, results in aberrant epidermal differentiation and filaggrin expression, ..
- Chapman J, Weiss K, Curley R, Highland M, Clagett Dame M. Hydrolysis of 4-HPR to atRA occurs in vivo but is not required for retinamide-induced apoptosis. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;419:234-43 pubmed..Studies in VAD rats showed that 4-HPR, like atRA, supports animal growth and induces CYP26B1 mRNA expression in lung whereas 4-HBR does not...
- Hägglund M, Berghard A, Strotmann J, Bohm S. Retinoic acid receptor-dependent survival of olfactory sensory neurons in postnatal and adult mice. J Neurosci. 2006;26:3281-91 pubmed..we find that nuclear retinoid signaling is required for the expression of a retinoic acid-degrading enzyme, Cyp26B1, in a small fraction of mature neurons...
- Jørgensen A, Nielsen J, Blomberg Jensen M, Græm N, Rajpert De Meyts E. Analysis of meiosis regulators in human gonads: a sexually dimorphic spatio-temporal expression pattern suggests involvement of DMRT1 in meiotic entry. Mol Hum Reprod. 2012;18:523-34 pubmed publisher..The expression pattern of DMRT1, STRA8, SCP3, DMC1, NANOS3, CYP26B1 and NANOS2 was investigated by RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry in a series of human testis samples from fetal ..