Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyp26a1
Description: cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily a, polypeptide 1
Alias: Cyp26, cytochrome P450, family 26, subfamily a, polypeptide 1, cytochrome P450, 26, retinoic acid, retinoic acid hydrolase, retinoic acid hydroxylase
- Okano J, Sakai Y, Shiota K. Retinoic acid down-regulates Tbx1 expression and induces abnormal differentiation of tongue muscles in fetal mice. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3059-70 pubmed publisher..RA-degrading enzymes (Cyp26a1 and Cyp26b1) were expressed at early stages of normal tongue development, but exogenous RA perturbed their ..
- Uehara M, Yashiro K, Mamiya S, Nishino J, Chambon P, Dolle P, et al. CYP26A1 and CYP26C1 cooperatively regulate anterior-posterior patterning of the developing brain and the production of migratory cranial neural crest cells in the mouse. Dev Biol. 2007;302:399-411 pubmed..Although both CYP26A1 and CYP26C1, retinoic acid-degrading enzymes that are expressed at the anterior end of the gastrulating mouse ..
- Wu L, Ross A. Acidic retinoids synergize with vitamin A to enhance retinol uptake and STRA6, LRAT, and CYP26B1 expression in neonatal lung. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:378-87 pubmed publisher..However, the pronounced and prolonged induction of CYP26B1 by Am580 may counteract lung RE accumulation after the absorption process is completed. ..
- White J, Ramshaw H, Taimi M, Stangle W, Zhang A, Everingham S, et al. Identification of the human cytochrome P450, P450RAI-2, which is predominantly expressed in the adult cerebellum and is responsible for all-trans-retinoic acid metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6403-8 pubmed..The high level of expression of P450RAI-2, particularly in the cerebellum and pons of human adult brain, suggests a unique role for this enzyme in the protection of specific tissues from exposure to retinoids. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Cifelli C, Lieu S, Chen Q, Li N, Ross A. Lipopolysaccharide opposes the induction of CYP26A1 and CYP26B1 gene expression by retinoic acid in the rat liver in vivo. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1029-36 pubmed..We investigated the regulation of CYP26A1 and CYP26B1 mRNA levels by RA and LPS in the rat liver, as the liver is centrally involved in retinoid metabolism ..
- Zhang Y, Zolfaghari R, Ross A. Multiple retinoic acid response elements cooperate to enhance the inducibility of CYP26A1 gene expression in liver. Gene. 2010;464:32-43 pubmed publisherb>CYP26A1, which catalyzes the oxidation of all-trans (at)-retinoic acid (RA), is induced moderately by RA in numerous tissues, but is highly responsive in liver...
- Sonneveld E, van den Brink C, van der Leede B, Schulkes R, Petkovich M, van der Burg B, et al. Human retinoic acid (RA) 4-hydroxylase (CYP26) is highly specific for all-trans-RA and can be induced through RA receptors in human breast and colon carcinoma cells. Cell Growth Differ. 1998;9:629-37 pubmed..Northern analysis showed that this novel human CYP26 is induced within 1 h upon RA treatment in RA-sensitive T-47D breast carcinoma cells but not in RA-resistant MDA-..
- Liu H, Chao H, Liu Z, Xia H, Song Z, Yang Y, et al. Regulation of cyp26a1 on Th17 cells in mouse peri-implantation. J Cell Mol Med. 2014;18:455-67 pubmed publisherCytochrome P450 26A1 (cyp26a1) is expressed in the mouse uterus during peri-implantation...
- Abu Abed S, Beckett B, Chiba H, Chithalen J, Jones G, Metzger D, et al. Mouse P450RAI (CYP26) expression and retinoic acid-inducible retinoic acid metabolism in F9 cells are regulated by retinoic acid receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor alpha. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:2409-15 pubmed..previously been isolated from zebrafish and human cDNAs and found to encode a retinoic acid-inducible retinoic acid hydroxylase activity...