Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cxcl12
Description: C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 12
Alias: Sdf1, stromal cell-derived factor 1, SDF-1 gamma, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12 (stromal cell-derived factor 1), stromal cell-derived factor-1 gamma
- Gong X, He X, Qi L, Zuo H, Xie Z. Stromal cell derived factor-1 acutely promotes neural progenitor cell proliferation in vitro by a mechanism involving the ERK1/2 and PI-3K signal pathways. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:466-71 pubmed..These findings indicate that SDF-1 acutely promotes the proliferation of NPCs in vitro involving the ERK1/2 and PI-3 kinase pathways, suggesting that it plays a basic role in the development of neural progenitors. ..
- Pujol F, Kitabgi P, Boudin H. The chemokine SDF-1 differentially regulates axonal elongation and branching in hippocampal neurons. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1071-80 pubmed..These latter two effects are not observed in other neurites. This study unravels a new role for SDF-1/CXCR4 in specifying hippocampal neuron morphology by regulating axonal patterning at an early stage of neuronal development. ..
- Dubois Laforgue D, Hendel H, Caillat Zucman S, Zagury J, Winkler C, Boitard C, et al. A common stromal cell-derived factor-1 chemokine gene variant is associated with the early onset of type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2001;50:1211-3 pubmed..of mononuclear cells, we hypothesized that polymorphisms in chemokine receptor or chemokine genes, CCR5 and SDF1, may be involved in susceptibility to or clinical expression of type 1 diabetes...
- Zhang H, Xie X, Zhang L, Fan J. [Transforming growth TGF-beta1 mediates the expression of stromal cell derived factor-1 in kidney interstitial fibroblast cells in rats]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;41:453-7, 475 pubmed..As a chemokine, the increased expression of SDF-1 induced by TGF-beta1 may play an important role in renal inflammation and fibrosis. ..
- Cheng M, Zhou J, Wu M, Boriboun C, Thorne T, Liu T, et al. CXCR4-mediated bone marrow progenitor cell maintenance and mobilization are modulated by c-kit activity. Circ Res. 2010;107:1083-93 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the regulation of BM PC trafficking by SDF-1 and CXCR4 is dependent on Src-mediated c-kit phosphorylation. ..
- Zhang M, Mal N, Kiedrowski M, Chacko M, Askari A, Popovic Z, et al. SDF-1 expression by mesenchymal stem cells results in trophic support of cardiac myocytes after myocardial infarction. FASEB J. 2007;21:3197-207 pubmed..These results indicate that stem cell transplantation may have significant beneficial effects on injured organ function independent of tissue regeneration and identify SDF-1:CXCR4 binding as a novel target for myocardial preservation. ..
- Villalvilla A, Moro M, Arruza L, Redondo S, Fernandez Cruz A, Fernández Durango R. Circulating endothelial progenitor cells are reduced in rat oxygen-induced retinopathy despite a retinal SDF-1/CXCR4 and VEGF proangiogenic response. Life Sci. 2012;91:264-70 pubmed publisher..These data warrant further studies to investigate new therapeutic approaches for ROP. ..
- Zhao S, Qu H, Zhao Y, Xiao T, Zhao M, Li Y, et al. CXCR4 antagonist AMD3100 reverses the neurogenesis and behavioral recovery promoted by forced limb-use in stroke rats. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2015;33:809-21 pubmed publisher..SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway seems to be involved in the enhancement of neurogenesis and behavioral recovery induced by post-stroke forced limb-use. ..
- Oh S, Tran P, Gillard S, Hurley R, Hammond D, Miller R. Chemokines and glycoprotein120 produce pain hypersensitivity by directly exciting primary nociceptive neurons. J Neurosci. 2001;21:5027-35 pubmed..Chemokine receptor antagonists may be important therapeutic interventions in the pain that is associated with HIV-1 infection and inflammation. ..
- Fujinaka H, Nameta M, Kovalenko P, Matsuki A, Kato N, Nishimoto G, et al. Periglomerular accumulation of dendritic cells in rat crescentic glomerulonephritis. J Nephrol. 2007;20:357-63 pubmed..Renal mRNA expression for CXCL12 was examined by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and in situ hybridization, and that for ..
- Xu Q, Wang S, Jiang X, Zhao Y, Gao M, Zhang Y, et al. Hypoxia-induced astrocytes promote the migration of neural progenitor cells via vascular endothelial factor, stem cell factor, stromal-derived factor-1alpha and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 upregulation in vitro. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:624-31 pubmed..Given that astrocytes were activated to all hypoxia-ischaemia diseases, these results indicate an important role for astrocytes in directing NPC replacement therapy in the central nervous system. ..
- Miljkovic D, Stanojević Z, Momcilovic M, Odoardi F, Flügel A, Mostarica Stojkovic M. CXCL12 expression within the CNS contributes to the resistance against experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in Albino Oxford rats. Immunobiology. 2011;216:979-87 pubmed publisher..We found a dramatic increase of CXCL12 expression in SC tissue and microvessels of AO rats, whereas DA rats markedly decreased the expression of this ..
- Liu X, Liang F, Yang J, Li Z, Hou X, Wang Y, et al. Effects of stromal cell derived factor-1 and CXCR4 on the promotion of neovascularization by hyperbaric oxygen treatment in skin flaps. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:1118-24 pubmed publisher..Results of this study suggested that the effects of HBO treatment in promoting neovascularization may be explained by the upregulation of SDF?1 and CXCR4 expression in the skin flaps of rats. ..
- Hamed E, Mohamed Farghaly H, Abdel Mola A, Fahmi M, Makhlouf M, Balfas M. Role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, stromal derived factor-1 and retinoic acid in pathophysiology of neuropathic pain in rats. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2016;27:411-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, chemokines may serve as potential targets for drug development in neuropathic pain treatment. ..
- Salcedo L, Sopko N, Jiang H, Damaser M, Penn M, Zutshi M. Chemokine upregulation in response to anal sphincter and pudendal nerve injury: potential signals for stem cell homing. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2011;26:1577-81 pubmed publisher..Chemokine overexpression suggests the potential for cell-based therapeutic strategies. ..
- Reiss K, Mentlein R, Sievers J, Hartmann D. Stromal cell-derived factor 1 is secreted by meningeal cells and acts as chemotactic factor on neuronal stem cells of the cerebellar external granular layer. Neuroscience. 2002;115:295-305 pubmed
- Liapi A, Pritchett J, Jones O, Fujii N, Parnavelas J, Nadarajah B. Stromal-derived factor 1 signalling regulates radial and tangential migration in the developing cerebral cortex. Dev Neurosci. 2008;30:117-31 pubmed..Collectively, our results demonstrate that SDF-1 with its distinct pattern of expression is essential and uniquely positioned to regulate key developmental events that underlie the formation of the cerebral cortex. ..
- Rogers R, Viard E, Hermann G. CXCL12 sensitizes vago-vagal reflex neurons in the dorsal medulla. Brain Res. 2013;1492:46-52 pubmed publisherPrevious studies from our laboratory illustrated the potential for stromal cell-derived factor one [CXCL12; also referred to as SDF-1] to act on its receptor [CXCR4] within the dorsal vagal complex [DVC] of the hindbrain to suppress ..
- Ara T, Itoi M, Kawabata K, Egawa T, Tokoyoda K, Sugiyama T, et al. A role of CXC chemokine ligand 12/stromal cell-derived factor-1/pre-B cell growth stimulating factor and its receptor CXCR4 in fetal and adult T cell development in vivo. J Immunol. 2003;170:4649-55 pubmed..In CXCL12(-/-) or CXCR4(-/-) embryos on a C57BL/6 background, accumulation of T cell progenitors in the outer mesenchymal ..
- Segers V, Tokunou T, Higgins L, MacGillivray C, Gannon J, Lee R. Local delivery of protease-resistant stromal cell derived factor-1 for stem cell recruitment after myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2007;116:1683-92 pubmed..These data demonstrate that driving chemotaxis of stem cells by local chemokine delivery is a promising new strategy for tissue regeneration. ..
- Havens A, Chiu E, Taba M, Wang J, Shiozawa Y, Jung Y, et al. Stromal-derived factor-1alpha (CXCL12) levels increase in periodontal disease. J Periodontol. 2008;79:845-53 pubmed..These studies suggest that SDF-1alpha may be a useful biomarker for the identification of periodontal disease progression. ..
- Yang B, Li W, Zheng Q, Qin T, Wang K, Li J, et al. Transforming growth factor Î²-activated kinase 1 negatively regulates interleukin-1Î±-induced stromal-derived factor-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;463:130-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TAK1 acts as an important regulator of IL-1Î±-induced SDF-1 expression in VSMCs, and modulating activity of TAK1 may serve as a potential strategy for modulating vascular repair and remodeling. ..
- Zhuang Y, Chen X, Xu M, Zhang L, Xiang F. Chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1/CXCL12 increases homing of mesenchymal stem cells to injured myocardium and neovascularization following myocardial infarction. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:183-7 pubmed..The present study was aimed to investigate the effect of chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12 on mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) homing to injured myocardium in a rat myocardial infarction model...
- Cui C, Wang P, Cui N, Song S, Liang H, Ji A. Stichopus japonicus Polysaccharide, Fucoidan, or Heparin Enhanced the SDF-1Î±/CXCR4 Axis and Promoted NSC Migration via Activation of the PI3K/Akt/FOXO3a Signaling Pathway. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2016;36:1311-1329 pubmed..Results suggested that SJP, fucoidan, and heparin might be good candidates for alleviating injury-initiated signals to which NSCs respond. ..
- Li Y, Huang J, He X, Tang G, Tang Y, Liu Y, et al. Postacute stromal cell-derived factor-1? expression promotes neurovascular recovery in ischemic mice. Stroke. 2014;45:1822-9 pubmed publisher..AAV-SDF-1? expression represents a promising avenue for ischemic stroke therapy with a wider treatment window. ..
- Wu Q, Ji F, Wang J, Nan H, Liu D. Stromal cell-derived factor 1 promoted migration of adipose-derived stem cells to the wounded area in traumatic rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;467:140-5 pubmed publisher..Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1), a chemokine usually called CXCL12, is well known for its chemotaxis in induction of cell migration...
- Higashino K, Viggeswarapu M, Bargouti M, Liu H, Titus L, Boden S. Stromal cell-derived factor-1 potentiates bone morphogenetic protein-2 induced bone formation. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:523-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, addition of SDF-1 to BMP-2 may improve the efficiency of BMPs in vivo, making their routine use for orthopaedic applications more affordable and available to more patients. ..
- Yang F, Sun W, Luo W, Yang Y, Yang F, Wang X, et al. SDF1-CXCR4 Signaling Contributes to the Transition from Acute to Chronic Pain State. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:2763-2775 pubmed publisherEmerging evidence has demonstrated the involvement of stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF1, also known as CXCL12)-CXCR4 signaling in a variety of pain state...
- Arakura M, Lee S, Takahara S, Okumachi E, Iwakura T, Fukui T, et al. Altered expression of SDF-1 and CXCR4 during fracture healing in diabetes mellitus. Int Orthop. 2017;41:1211-1217 pubmed publisher..Gene expression and localization of SDF-1 and CXCR4 was altered during fracture healing, which may contribute to the impaired fracture healing in DM. ..
- Peng H, Huang Y, Rose J, Erichsen D, Herek S, Fujii N, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1-mediated CXCR4 signaling in rat and human cortical neural progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:35-50 pubmed..Ultimately, this study suggested that SDF-1alpha can influence NPC function through CXCR4 and that CXCR4 is functional on NPC. ..
- Wragg A, Mellad J, Beltran L, Konoplyannikov M, San H, Boozer S, et al. VEGFR1/CXCR4-positive progenitor cells modulate local inflammation and augment tissue perfusion by a SDF-1-dependent mechanism. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:1221-32 pubmed publisher..This is an important potential mechanism for cell transplantation, in addition to the direct modulation of local vascular cells through paracrine mechanisms. ..
- Shyu W, Lin S, Yen P, Su C, Chen D, Wang H, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor-1 alpha promotes neuroprotection, angiogenesis, and mobilization/homing of bone marrow-derived cells in stroke rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;324:834-49 pubmed
- Wei F, Leung K, Li G, Qin J, Chow S, Huang S, et al. Low intensity pulsed ultrasound enhanced mesenchymal stem cell recruitment through stromal derived factor-1 signaling in fracture healing. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106722 pubmed publisher..These results suggested SDF-1 mediated MSCs migration might be one of the crucial mechanisms through which LIPUS exerted influence on fracture healing. ..
- Li B, Bai W, Sun P, Zhou B, Hu B, Ying J. The effect of CXCL12 on endothelial progenitor cells: potential target for angiogenesis in intracerebral hemorrhage. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2015;35:23-31 pubmed publisher..Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12 (CXCL12/SDF-1) is known to play an important role in the mobilization and recruitment of progenitor cells...
- Bao P, Wang M, Su J, Liu M, Zhang H. [Tropism of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in neurogenic differentiation for C6 conditioned medium and SDF-1alpha]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:794-7, 801 pubmed..Moreover, BMSCs at different states of differentiation showed different degree of tropism for C6 conditioned medium and SDF-1alpha. The directed migration of BMSCs is closely related to the differentiation states of these cells. ..
- Gao C, Huan J. SDF-1 plays a key role in chronic allograft nephropathy in rats. Transplant Proc. 2008;40:1674-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, there was a significant relationship between the expression of SDF-1 and the mean Banff score. Anti-SDF-1 antibody retarded the process of CAN. ..
- Yang F, Sun W, Yang Y, Wang Y, Li C, Fu H, et al. SDF1-CXCR4 signaling contributes to persistent pain and hypersensitivity via regulating excitability of primary nociceptive neurons: involvement of ERK-dependent Nav1.8 up-regulation. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:219 pubmed publisher..A large number of studies have demonstrated that stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF1, also named as CXCL12) and its cognate receptor C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4 (CXCR4) play an important role in immune reaction and ..
- Kasiyanov A, Fujii N, Tamamura H, Xiong H. Modulation of network-driven, GABA-mediated giant depolarizing potentials by SDF-1alpha in the developing hippocampus. Dev Neurosci. 2008;30:285-92 pubmedChemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1, or CXCL12) plays an important role in brain development and functioning...
- Tang J, Wang J, Zhang L, Zheng F, Yang J, Kong X, et al. VEGF/SDF-1 promotes cardiac stem cell mobilization and myocardial repair in the infarcted heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:402-11 pubmed publisher..Exogenously expressed VEGF promotes myocardial repair at least in part through SDF-1?/CXCR4-mediated recruitment of CSC. ..
- Markovic J, Grdovic N, Dinić S, Karan Djurasevic T, Uskoković A, Arambasić J, et al. PARP-1 and YY1 are important novel regulators of CXCL12 gene transcription in rat pancreatic beta cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59679 pubmed publisher..At present, there is no preventive measure against diabetes. The positive impact of CXCL12 expression on the pancreatic beta cell prosurvival phenotype initiated this study...
- Schönemeier B, Kolodziej A, Schulz S, Jacobs S, Hoellt V, Stumm R. Regional and cellular localization of the CXCl12/SDF-1 chemokine receptor CXCR7 in the developing and adult rat brain. J Comp Neurol. 2008;510:207-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, CXCR4 and CXCR7 may cooperate or act independently in SDF-1-dependent neuronal development. In mature neurons and blood vessels CXCR7 appears to be the preponderant SDF-1-receptor. ..
- Li S, Wei M, Zhou Z, Wang B, Zhao X, Zhang J. SDF-1? induces angiogenesis after traumatic brain injury. Brain Res. 2012;1444:76-86 pubmed publisher..05). These data indicated that SDF-1? could induce angiogenesis after TBI, potentially via SDF-1/CXCR4 axis. ..
- Wang Y, Liu Y, Lu X, Yan F, Wang B, Bai W, et al. Rehmannia glutinosa extract activates endothelial progenitor cells in a rat model of myocardial infarction through a SDF-1 ?/CXCR4 cascade. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54303 pubmed publisher..We investigated the effects of Rehmannia glutinosa extract (RGE) on EPCs in a rat model of MI...
- Davidson S, Selvaraj P, He D, Boi Doku C, Yellon R, Vicencio J, et al. Remote ischaemic preconditioning involves signalling through the SDF-1?/CXCR4 signalling axis. Basic Res Cardiol. 2013;108:377 pubmed publisher..5 and 15 kDa. Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1? or CXCL12) is a chemokine of 10 kDa that is induced by hypoxia and recruits stem cells, but also exerts direct, acute, ..
- Dubovy P, Klusáková I, Svizenska I, Brazda V. Spatio-temporal changes of SDF1 and its CXCR4 receptor in the dorsal root ganglia following unilateral sciatic nerve injury as a model of neuropathic pain. Histochem Cell Biol. 2010;133:323-37 pubmed publisher..CCI) of rat sciatic nerve under aseptic conditions was used to investigate changes for stromal derived factor-1 (SDF1) and its CXCR4 receptor in lumbal (L4-L5) and cervical (C7-C8) dorsal root ganglia (DRG) from both sides of naïve, ..
- Moyer R, Wendt M, Johanesen P, Turner J, Dwinell M. Rho activation regulates CXCL12 chemokine stimulated actin rearrangement and restitution in model intestinal epithelia. Lab Invest. 2007;87:807-17 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to define the cellular mechanisms whereby engagement of the essential chemokine CXCL12 to CXCR4 regulates restitutive epithelial cell migration...
- Lee Y, Kim J, Lee E. Functional expression of CXCR4 in somatotrophs: CXCL12 activates GH gene, GH production and secretion, and cellular proliferation. J Endocrinol. 2008;199:191-9 pubmed publisherThe interaction of chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12 (CXCL12) and its receptor CXCR4 may play an important role in the regulation of anterior pituitary function...
- Liu X, Duan B, Cheng Z, Jia X, Mao L, Fu H, et al. SDF-1/CXCR4 axis modulates bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell apoptosis, migration and cytokine secretion. Protein Cell. 2011;2:845-54 pubmed publisher..These protective effects were partially inhibited by AMD3100, an antagonist of CXCR4.We conclude that the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis is critical for MSC survival, migration and cytokine secretion. ..
- Timotijevic G, Petković F, Blaževski J, Momcilovic M, Mostarica Stojkovic M, Miljkovic D. CXCL12-? expression is inhibited in neuroinflammation. Brain Res. 2013;1519:120-6 pubmed publisherb>CXCL12 plays a protective role in CNS autoimmunity...
- Mao L, Huang M, Chen S, Li Y, Xia Y, He Q, et al. Endogenous endothelial progenitor cells participate in neovascularization via CXCR4/SDF-1 axis and improve outcome after stroke. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2014;20:460-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that endogenous EPCs participated in the neovascularization via CXCR4/SDF-1 axis after pMCAO and mobilizing endogenous EPCs could be a treatment alternative for stroke. ..
- Reaux Le Goazigo A, Rivat C, Kitabgi P, Pohl M, Mélik Parsadaniantz S. Cellular and subcellular localization of CXCL12 and CXCR4 in rat nociceptive structures: physiological relevance. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:2619-31 pubmed publisherInitial studies implicated the chemokine CXC motif ligand 12 (CXCL12) and its cognate CXC motif receptor 4 (CXCR4) in pain modulation...
- Ziarek J, Veldkamp C, Zhang F, Murray N, Kartz G, Liang X, et al. Heparin oligosaccharides inhibit chemokine (CXC motif) ligand 12 (CXCL12) cardioprotection by binding orthogonal to the dimerization interface, promoting oligomerization, and competing with the chemokine (CXC motif) receptor 4 (CXCR4) N terminus. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:737-46 pubmed publisher..of chemokines, but association with soluble GAGs induces the oligomerization of most chemokines including CXCL12. Monomeric CXCL12, but not dimeric CXCL12, is cardioprotective in a number of experimental models of cardiac ..
- Luo Y, Lathia J, Mughal M, Mattson M. SDF1alpha/CXCR4 signaling, via ERKs and the transcription factor Egr1, induces expression of a 67-kDa form of glutamic acid decarboxylase in embryonic hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24789-800 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SDF1alpha/CXCR4/G protein/ERK signaling induces the expression of the GAD67 system via Egr1 activation, a mechanism that may promote the maturation of GABAergic neurons during development. ..
- Agle K, Vongsa R, Dwinell M. Calcium mobilization triggered by the chemokine CXCL12 regulates migration in wounded intestinal epithelial monolayers. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16066-75 pubmed publisher..Previously we have determined that activation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by the cognate ligand CXCL12 enhances intestinal epithelial restitution through reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Arms L, Girard B, Vizzard M. Expression and function of CXCL12/CXCR4 in rat urinary bladder with cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F589-600 pubmed publisher..To address the role of CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling in normal micturition and inflammation-induced bladder hyperreflexia, bladder inflammation in ..
- Humpert P, Battista M, Lammert A, Reismann P, Djuric Z, Rudofsky G, et al. Association of stromal cell-derived factor 1 genotype with diabetic foot syndrome and macrovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. Clin Chem. 2006;52:1206-8 pubmed
- Bonaros N, Sondermeijer H, Wiedemann D, Schlechta B, Schachner T, Schuster M, et al. Downregulation of the CXC chemokine receptor 4/stromal cell-derived factor 1 pathway enhances myocardial neovascularization, cardiomyocyte survival, and functional recovery after myocardial infarction. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;142:687-96, 696.e1-2 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that disruption of stromal cell-derived factor 1/CXC chemokine receptor 4 interactions allows redirection of hematopoietic progenitor cells to ischemic myocardium and enhances recovery of left ventricular function. ..
- Khan M, Vaidya A, Meucci O. CXCL12-mediated regulation of ANP32A/Lanp, a component of the inhibitor of histone acetyl transferase (INHAT) complex, in cortical neurons. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2011;6:163-70 pubmed publisherThe chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its endogenous ligand, CXCL12, are involved in development and homeostasis of the central nervous system and in the neuropathology of various neuroinflammatory/infectious disorders, including neuroAIDS...
- Vergote D, Butler G, Ooms M, Cox J, Silva C, Hollenberg M, et al. Proteolytic processing of SDF-1alpha reveals a change in receptor specificity mediating HIV-associated neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19182-7 pubmed..05) were prevented by a CXCR3 antagonist. These studies reveal additive neuropathogenic properties exerted by a proteolytically cleaved chemokine as consequences of a change in receptor specificity, culminating in neurodegeneration. ..
- Zou L, Wang L, Zhang Y, Du W. [Expression of SDF-1 in lung tissues and intervention of AMD3100 in asthmatic rats]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2011;13:321-5 pubmed..05). SDF-1 may be associated with airway inflammation and remodeling in rats with asthma. AMD3100 may reduce the airway inflammation and improve airway remodeling by inhibiting the bioactivity of SDF-1. ..
- Malik M, Chen Y, Kienzle M, Tomkowicz B, Collman R, Ptasznik A. Monocyte migration and LFA-1-mediated attachment to brain microvascular endothelia is regulated by SDF-1 alpha through Lyn kinase. J Immunol. 2008;181:4632-7 pubmed..In these pathologies, the chemokine SDF-1alpha (CXCL12) is over-expressed and might attract monocytes into the CNS...
- Yu P, Zhang Z, Li S, Wen X, Quan W, Tian Q, et al. Progesterone modulates endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) viability through the CXCL12/CXCR4/PI3K/Akt signalling pathway. Cell Prolif. 2016;49:48-57 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanisms of progesterone's effects on EPC viability remain elusive. The CXCL12/CXCR4 (CXC chemokine ligand 12/CXC chemokine receptor 4) signalling pathway regulates cell proliferation; we ..
- Hwang S, Zimmerman N, Agle K, Turner J, Kumar S, Dwinell M. E-cadherin is critical for collective sheet migration and is regulated by the chemokine CXCL12 protein during restitution. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22227-40 pubmed publisher..The goal of these studies was to define the role for the chemokine CXCL12 in regulating E-cadherin during collective sheet migration during epithelial restitution...
- Lin H, Chen Y, Chiang M, Huang P, Chau L. Activator protein-2? mediates carbon monoxide-induced stromal cell-derived factor-1? expression and vascularization in ischemic heart. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:785-94 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that AKT-dependent upregulation of AP-2? is essential for CO-induced SDF-1? expression and myocardial repair after ischemic injury. ..
- Ma J, Ge J, Zhang S, Sun A, Shen J, Chen L, et al. Time course of myocardial stromal cell-derived factor 1 expression and beneficial effects of intravenously administered bone marrow stem cells in rats with experimental myocardial infarction. Basic Res Cardiol. 2005;100:217-23 pubmed..Myocardial SDF-1 expression was increased only in the early phase post MI. MSCs intravenous infused at the early phase of MI were recruited to injured heart, enhanced angiogenesis and improved cardiac function. ..
- Ara T, Tokoyoda K, Okamoto R, Koni P, Nagasawa T. The role of CXCL12 in the organ-specific process of artery formation. Blood. 2005;105:3155-61 pubmedCXC chemokine ligand 12 (CXCL12; stromal cell-derived factor-1 [SDF-1]/pre-B-cell growth-stimulating factor [PBSF]) and its receptor CXCR4 are essential for vascularization in the gastrointestinal tract as well as B lymphopoiesis and ..
- Unzek S, Zhang M, Mal N, Mills W, Laurita K, Penn M. SDF-1 recruits cardiac stem cell-like cells that depolarize in vivo. Cell Transplant. 2007;16:879-86 pubmed..These cells are capable of depolarizing and thus may contribute to increased contractile function even in the absence of maturation into a mature cardiac myocyte. ..
- Loader B, Stokic D, Riedl M, Hickmann S, Katzinger M, Willinger U, et al. Combined analysis of audiologic performance and the plasma biomarker stromal cell-derived factor 1a in type 2 diabetic patients. Otol Neurotol. 2008;29:739-44 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that diabetic microangiopathy and its biomarker SDF-1a should be considered as potential pathogenetic factors for altered diabetic hearing, warranting further investigation. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang F, Han Y, Liu H, Wang Y, Yue B, et al. Auditory stimulation modulates CXCL12/CXCR4 expression in postnatal development of the newborn rat cochlea. Neuroreport. 2015;26:681-7 pubmed publisher..CXCR4 is the primary physiologic receptor for CXC chemokine ligand 12 (CXCL12) and the CXCL12-CXCR4 pathway has been implicated in the process of migration, differentiation, and maturation of ..
- Pritchett J, Wright C, Zeef L, Nadarajah B. Stromal derived factor-1 exerts differential regulation on distinct cortical cell populations in vitro. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:31 pubmed..Results from this study show that SDF-1 regulates distinct cortical cell populations in vitro. ..
- Dubeykovskaya Z, Dubeykovskiy A, Solal Cohen J, Wang T. Secreted trefoil factor 2 activates the CXCR4 receptor in epithelial and lymphocytic cancer cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3650-62 pubmed publisher..Overall these data identify CXCR4 as a bona fide signaling receptor for TFF2 and suggest a mechanism through which TFF2 may modulate immune and tumorigenic responses in vivo. ..
- Lim T, Rokkappanavar S, Toh W, Wang L, Kurisawa M, Spector M. Chemotactic recruitment of adult neural progenitor cells into multifunctional hydrogels providing sustained SDF-1? release and compatible structural support. FASEB J. 2013;27:1023-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, Gtn-HPA/SDF-1?-PCN hydrogels prove to be promising biomaterials for injection into cavitary brain lesions to recruit endogenous NPCs and enhance neural tissue repair/regeneration. ..
- MarkoviÄ‡ J, UskokoviÄ‡ A, GrdoviÄ‡ N, DiniÄ‡ S, MihailoviÄ‡ M, JovanoviÄ‡ J, et al. Identification of transcription factors involved in the transcriptional regulation of the CXCL12 gene in rat pancreatic insulinoma Rin-5F cell line. Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;93:54-62 pubmed publisher..Chemokine CXCL12 has recently become established as a novel Î²-cell growth factor, however the mechanisms controlling its ..
- Zhao T, Zhang D, Millard R, Ashraf M, Wang Y. Stem cell homing and angiomyogenesis in transplanted hearts are enhanced by combined intramyocardial SDF-1alpha delivery and endogenous cytokine signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H976-86 pubmed publisher..BPC recruitment resulted in the regeneration of new cardiomyocytes and blood vessels and extended survival of the transplanted hearts. ..
- Shimode K, Iwasaki N, Majima T, Funakoshi T, Sawaguchi N, Onodera T, et al. Local upregulation of stromal cell-derived factor-1 after ligament injuries enhances homing rate of bone marrow stromal cells in rats. Tissue Eng Part A. 2009;15:2277-84 pubmed publisher..The cell-based therapy for ligament and tendon injury with reference to local expression of SDF-1 may be one of the available applications. ..
- Sanchez Sanchez N, Riol Blanco L, de la Rosa G, Puig Kröger A, García Bordas J, Martin D, et al. Chemokine receptor CCR7 induces intracellular signaling that inhibits apoptosis of mature dendritic cells. Blood. 2004;104:619-25 pubmed..In summary, in addition to its well-established role in chemotaxis, we show that CCR7 also induces antiapoptotic signaling in mature DCs. ..
- Wang M, Wang L, Huang C, Wang I, Turrentine M. Regulation of myocardial stromal cell-derived factor 1α/CXCL12 by tumor necrosis factor signaling. J Surg Res. 2017;207:155-163 pubmed publisher..These data expand on TNF signaling-initiated mechanisms in myocardium, which may lend a more complete understanding of SDF-1 and TNFR-derived actions in hopes of advancing ischemic heart injury treatments. ..
- Li J, Guo W, Xiong M, Han H, Chen J, Mao D, et al. Effect of SDF-1/CXCR4 axis on the migration of transplanted bone mesenchymal stem cells mobilized by erythropoietin toward lesion sites following spinal cord injury. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:1205-14 pubmed publisher..The findings of the present study confirm that EPO mobilizes BMSCs to the lesion site following SCI and enhances the anti-apoptotic effects of the BMSCs by upregulating the expression of SDF-1/CXCR4 axis. ..
- Hassanshahi G, Jafarzadeh A, James Dickson A. Expression of stromal derived factor alpha (SDF-1 alpha) by primary hepatocytes following isolation and heat shock stimulation. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2008;7:61-8 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, it seems that hepatocytes mimic the experiences that liver experience after injury in vivo and therefore, produce stress related agents like chemokines to overcome such a injurious condition. ..
- Guo R, Chai L, Chen L, Chen W, Ge L, Li X, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) accelerated skin wound healing by promoting the migration and proliferation of epidermal stem cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2015;51:578-85 pubmed publisher..These results provide direct evidence that SDF-1 promotes epidermal stem cell migration, accelerates skin regeneration, and makes the development of new regenerative therapeutic strategies for wound healing possible. ..
- Leng Q, Nie Y, Zou Y, Chen J. Elevated CXCL12 expression in the bone marrow of NOD mice is associated with altered T cell and stem cell trafficking and diabetes development. BMC Immunol. 2008;9:51 pubmed publisher..Studies have shown that polymorphisms of chemokine CXCL12 gene are linked to TID in humans...