Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ctrb1
Description: chymotrypsinogen B1
Alias: Ctrb, chymotrypsinogen B, Chymotrypsin B, chymotrypsin B1
- Iovanna J, Keim V, Michel R, Dagorn J. Pancreatic gene expression is altered during acute experimental pancreatitis in the rat. Am J Physiol. 1991;261:G485-9 pubmed..Contents in amylase, trypsinogen I, chymotrypsinogen B, elastase 1, and procarboxypeptidase A mRNAs decreased by greater than 50% during the acute phase (days 0-2),..
- Giorgi D, Renaud W, Bernard J, Dagorn J. Regulation of proteolytic enzyme activities and mRNA concentrations in rat pancreas by food content. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1985;127:937-42 pubmed..As compared to diet I, the pancreatic concentration of mRNAs encoding trypsinogen I and chymotrypsinogen B, measured by filter hybridization to specific cDNA probes, were found respectively 3.6 and 3...
- Bodi A, Kaslik G, Venekei I, Graf L. Structural determinants of the half-life and cleavage site preference in the autolytic inactivation of chymotrypsin. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:6238-46 pubmedThe molecular mechanism of the autolysis of rat alpha-chymotrypsin B was investigated. In addition to the two already known autolytic sites, Tyr146 and Asn147, a new site formed by Phe114 was identified...
- Miao Q, Sun Y, Wei T, Zhao X, Zhao K, Yan L, et al. Chymotrypsin B cached in rat liver lysosomes and involved in apoptotic regulation through a mitochondrial pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8218-28 pubmed publisher..This protease was revealed as chymotrypsin B by biochemical and mass spectrometric analysis...
- Iovanna J, Dusetti N, Cadenas M, Mallmann M, Calvo E. Changes in pancreatic trophism and gene expression during a prolonged fasting period in rats. Int J Pancreatol. 1991;8:177-86 pubmed..Total DNA, RNA, and proteins, and specific mRNAs for rat amylase, chymotrypsinogen B, trypsinogen I, proinsulin I, and actin (assessed by employing cloned cDNAs and dot-blot hybridization) were ..
- von Deimling O, Gröning J, Gaa A. Genetic and biochemical characterization of a new chymotrypsin isozyme of the house mouse, CTRA-1. Biochem Genet. 1991;29:545-57 pubmed..From two backcross series, including a total of 274 animals, the gene order (Es-1, Es-9)-3.9 +/- 1.7%-Got-2-3.9 +/- 1.7%-(Es-2, Es-7, Es-23)-0.7 +/- 0.5%- Ctra-1-6.3 +/- 2.2%-Prt-2 was established. ..
- Lau P, Palmer R, Lambert H, Song C, Lutz F, Geokas M. Pseudomonas aeruginosa cytotoxin stimulates secretion of amylase and protease zymogens with a concomitant decrease of mRNA levels in isolated rat pancreatic acini. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;152:688-94 pubmed..as measured by dot-blot hybridization with the cloned cDNAs of amylase, trypsinogen I, proelastase II, and chymotrypsinogen B of the rat, decreased with time and were significantly lower than in the untreated acini...
- Bell G, Quinto C, Quiroga M, Valenzuela P, Craik C, Rutter W. Isolation and sequence of a rat chymotrypsin B gene. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:14265-70 pubmedA cDNA clone encoding part of chymotrypsin B was isolated from a cDNA library prepared from rat pancreatic mRNA and used as a probe to isolate the chymotrypsin B gene. The nucleotide sequence of this gene is presented...
- Oppezzo O, Ventura S, Bergman T, Vendrell J, Jornvall H, Aviles F. Procarboxypeptidase in rat pancreas. Overall characterization and comparison of the activation processes. Eur J Biochem. 1994;222:55-63 pubmed..Instead, we observed the presence of a binary complex between procarboxypeptidase A2 and chymotrypsinogen B. Among the major pancreatic endoproteinases, only trypsin was found to be a general activator of rat ..
- Rosewicz S, Lewis L, Wang X, Liddle R, Logsdon C. Pancreatic digestive enzyme gene expression: effects of CCK and soybean trypsin inhibitor. Am J Physiol. 1989;256:G733-8 pubmed..examined in the rat using cloned cDNA probes to quantify changes in specific mRNAs (amylase, trypsinogen I, chymotrypsinogen B, and ribonuclease). Rats were administered intraduodenally an elemental liquid diet...
- Venekei I, Szilagyi L, Graf L, Rutter W. Attempts to convert chymotrypsin to trypsin. FEBS Lett. 1996;379:143-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that in addition to structural elements already studied, further (chymotrypsin) specific sites have to be mutated to accomplish a chymotrypsin-->trypsin specificity conversion. ..