Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ctnnd1
Description: catenin delta 1
Alias: Catns, catenin delta-1, catenin (cadherin associated protein), delta 1, catenin src
- Lee S, Peng I, Ng Y, Yanagisawa M, Bamji S, Elia L, et al. Synapses are regulated by the cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase Fer in a pathway mediated by p120catenin, Fer, SHP-2, and beta-catenin. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:893-908 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that a presynaptic signaling pathway through p120ctn, Fer, SHP-2, and beta-catenin promotes excitatory synapse development and function. ..
- Humtsoe J, Liu M, Malik A, Wary K. Lipid phosphate phosphatase 3 stabilization of beta-catenin induces endothelial cell migration and formation of branching point structures. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1593-606 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identified a key role for LPP3 in orchestrating PTEN-mediated beta-catenin/LEF-1 signaling in EC migration, cell-cell adhesion, and formation of branching point structures. ..
- Gavard J, Lambert M, Grosheva I, Marthiens V, Irinopoulou T, Riou J, et al. Lamellipodium extension and cadherin adhesion: two cell responses to cadherin activation relying on distinct signalling pathways. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:257-70 pubmed..These results provide additional information on the mechanisms by which cadherin coordinates adhesion with dynamic changes in the cytoskeleton to control cell shape and intercellular junction organization. ..
- Davis M, Reynolds A. Blocked acinar development, E-cadherin reduction, and intraepithelial neoplasia upon ablation of p120-catenin in the mouse salivary gland. Dev Cell. 2006;10:21-31 pubmed..The data reveal an unexpected role for p120 in salivary acinar development and show that p120 ablation by itself induces effects consistent with a role in tumor progression. ..
- Wolf A, Keil R, Götzl O, Mun A, Schwarze K, Lederer M, et al. The armadillo protein p0071 regulates Rho signalling during cytokinesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:1432-40 pubmed..These findings support an essential role for p0071 in spatially regulating restricted Rho signalling during cytokinesis. ..
- Chauvet N, Prieto M, Fabre C, Noren N, Privat A. Distribution of p120 catenin during rat brain development: potential role in regulation of cadherin-mediated adhesion and actin cytoskeleton organization. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;22:467-86 pubmed
- Hosking C, Ulloa F, Hogan C, Ferber E, Figueroa A, Gevaert K, et al. The transcriptional repressor Glis2 is a novel binding partner for p120 catenin. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1918-27 pubmed..These data indicate that p120 has additional novel functions in the nucleus together with Glis2. ..
- Holsinger L, Ward K, Duffield B, Zachwieja J, Jallal B. The transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase DEP1 interacts with p120(ctn). Oncogene. 2002;21:7067-76 pubmed..p120(ctn) was found to colocalize with these structures. Together these data suggest an important role for DEP-1 in the function of cell-cell contacts and adherens junctions. ..
- Strumane K, Bonnomet A, Stove C, Vandenbroucke R, Nawrocki Raby B, Bruyneel E, et al. E-cadherin regulates human Nanos1, which interacts with p120ctn and induces tumor cell migration and invasion. Cancer Res. 2006;66:10007-15 pubmed..Targeting hNanos1 might be a promising strategy in the treatment of E-cadherin-negative tumors in particular. ..
- MARCIANO D, BRAKEMAN P, Lee C, Spivak N, Eastburn D, Bryant D, et al. p120 catenin is required for normal renal tubulogenesis and glomerulogenesis. Development. 2011;138:2099-109 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that p120ctn is required for early tubule and glomerular morphogenesis, as well as control of luminal diameter, probably through regulation of cadherins. ..
- Kelly K, Spring C, Otchere A, Daniel J. NLS-dependent nuclear localization of p120ctn is necessary to relieve Kaiso-mediated transcriptional repression. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2675-86 pubmed..Therefore, an intact NLS in p120(ctn) is requisite for its first identified regulatory role of the transcriptional repressor Kaiso. ..
- Oh M, Kim H, Yang I, Park J, Cong W, Baek M, et al. GSK-3 phosphorylates delta-catenin and negatively regulates its stability via ubiquitination/proteosome-mediated proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28579-89 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GSK-3 interacts with and phosphorylates delta-catenin and thereby negatively affects its stability by enabling its ubiquitination/proteosome-mediated proteolysis. ..
- Katafiasz B, Nieman M, Wheelock M, Johnson K. Characterization of cadherin-24, a novel alternatively spliced type II cadherin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27513-9 pubmed..In addition, aggregation assays show that both forms of cadherin-24 mediate strong cell-cell adhesion. ..