Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ctbp1
Description: C-terminal binding protein 1
Alias: 50-kDaBFA-inducedADP-ribosylatedsubstrate, BARS-50, Bars, CtBP3/BARS, 50 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate, 50-kDa BFA-induced ADP-ribosylated substrate, C-terminal-binding protein 1, C-terminal-binding protein 3, C-terminus binding protein 3/brefeldin A (BFA) adenosine diphosphate-ribosylated substrate, brefeldin A-ADP-riboslyated substrate, ctBP3
- Molecular cloning of matrin 3. A 125-kilodalton protein of the nuclear matrix contains an extensive acidic domainP Belgrader
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo 14260
J Biol Chem 266:9893-9. 1991..The corresponding human deduced partial amino acid sequence is 96% identical to the rat sequence, indicating that matrin 3 is a highly conserved protein...
- Specific recognition of ZNF217 and other zinc finger proteins at a surface groove of C-terminal binding proteinsKate G R Quinlan
School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 26:8159-72. 2006..These results identify a new CtBP interaction motif and establish ZNF217 as a transcriptional repressor protein that functions, at least in part, by associating with CtBP...
- Mitotic Golgi partitioning is driven by the membrane-fissioning protein CtBP3/BARSCristina Hidalgo Carcedo
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Via Nazionale, 66030 Santa Maria Imbaro Chieti, Italy
Science 305:93-6. 2004..We found that the protein CtBP3/BARS (BARS) was responsible for driving the fission of Golgi membranes during mitosis in vivo...
- CtBP/BARS: a dual-function protein involved in transcription co-repression and Golgi membrane fissionMarco Nardini
Department of Physics INFM, University of Genova, Via Dodecaneso 33, 16146 Genova, Italy
EMBO J 22:3122-30. 2003C-terminal-binding protein/brefeldin A-ADP ribosylated substrate (CtBP/BARS) plays key roles in development and oncogenesis as a transcription co-repressor, and in intracellular traffic as a promoter of Golgi membrane fission...
- Two nonconsensus sites in the Epstein-Barr virus oncoprotein EBNA3A cooperate to bind the co-repressor carboxyl-terminal-binding protein (CtBP)Mark Hickabottom
Department of Virology and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Wright Fleming Institute, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:47197-204. 2002....
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of brefeldin A-ADP ribosylated substrate (BARS)Marco Nardini
Department of Physics and INFM, University of Genova c o Advanced Biotechnology Center, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:1068-70. 2002Brefeldin A-ADP ribosylated substrate (BARS) is a newly discovered enzyme involved in membrane fission, catalyzing the formation of phosphatidic acid by transfer of an acyl group from acyl-CoA to lysophosphatidic acid...
- CtBP, an unconventional transcriptional corepressor in development and oncogenesisG Chinnadurai
Institute for Molecular Virology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 3681 Park Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell 9:213-24. 2002..CtBPs play important roles during development and oncogenesis. In this review, their unusual properties, the mechanisms of transcriptional repression, regulation, and their biological functions are discussed...
- Binding of neuronal nitric-oxide synthase (nNOS) to carboxyl-terminal-binding protein (CtBP) changes the localization of CtBP from the nucleus to the cytosol: a novel function for targeting by the PDZ domain of nNOSG M Riefler
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854 8082, USA
J Biol Chem 276:48262-8. 2001..Taken together, our data suggest a new function for nNOS as a regulator of CtBP nuclear localization...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of brefeldin A-ADP-ribosylated substrate. A novel protein involved in the maintenance of the Golgi structureS Spano
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Department of Cell Biology and Oncology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, 66030 Santa Maria Imbaro Chieti, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 274:17705-10. 1999..BARS shares high homology with two known proteins, C-terminal-binding protein 1 (CtBP1) and CtBP2. It is therefore a third member of the CtBP family...
- Evidence that the 50-kDa substrate of brefeldin A-dependent ADP-ribosylation binds GTP and is modulated by the G-protein beta gamma subunit complexM Di Girolamo
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Endocrinology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Chieti, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7065-9. 1995..We report that the 50-kDa BFA-induced ADP-ribosylated substrate (BARS-50) has native forms of 170 and 130 kDa, as determined by gel filtration of rat brain cytosol, indicating that BARS-..
- CtBP1/BARS Gly172-->Glu mutant structure: impairing NAD(H)-binding and dimerizationMarco Nardini
Department of Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology, CNR INFM and CIMAINA, University of Milano, Via Celoria 26, I 20133 Milano, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:70-4. 2009..The results presented shed first light on the correlation between NAD(H)-binding and functional CtBP dimerization...
- APOPTOSIS REGULATION BY VIRAL AND CELLULAR PROTEINSGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies should illuminate the mechanisms by which E1B-19K and related BCL-2 family proteins control cellular life and death cycles. ..
- Modulation of Oncogenesis by E1A--Role of CtBP and CtIPGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, our proposed studies should illuminate how a viral oncoprotein, adenovirus EtA, modulates oncogenesis novel pathways that involve cellular proteins CtBP and CtIP. ..
- BH3-only protein BNIP3 in tumor progressionGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our results may also provide the experimental support to suggest that BNIP3 may be a new prognostic marker for human cancer. ..
- Apoptosis Regulation by Adenovirus and Cellular GenesGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis Signaling: BH3 to BH123 ProteinsGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The knowledge gained would be valuable in modulating the activity of BAX in cancer and in degenerative diseases. ..
- E1A-CtBP interactions in oncogenic transformationsGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2007Adenovirus E1A C-terminal CR4 region interacts with the cellular CtBP family proteins, CtBP1 and CtBP2 through a highly conserved sequence motif, PLDLS...
- ONCOGENIC AND CHEMORESISTANCE BY BCL 2GOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies hope to provide tools and strategies to interfere with Bcl-2 activity in neoplastic diseases. ..
- ADENOVIRUS LP LOCUS: ROLE IN ONCOGENIC TRANSFORMATIONGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 1990..Since 175R T antigen is also localized on the nuclear envelope, we will investigate whether this protein could play a role in the nucleocytoplasmic transport of RNA via enhanced nucleoside triphophatase activity...
- ADENOVIRUS LP LOCUS: ROLE IN ONCOGENIC TRANSFORMATIONGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 1993..The role of the chimeric receptor in calcium mobilization and ligand-dependent internalization will be determined. The proposed studies should facilitate understanding of the biochemical mechanism of 19K-mediated transformation...
- E1A-CtBP interactions in oncogenic transformationsGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2010Adenovirus E1A C-terminal CR4 region interacts with the cellular CtBP family proteins, CtBP1 and CtBP2 through a highly conserved sequence motif, PLDLS...