Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Csnk1d
Description: casein kinase 1, delta
Alias: casein kinase I isoform delta, casein kinase I, CKI-delta, tau-protein kinase CSNK1D
- Graves P, Roach P. Role of COOH-terminal phosphorylation in the regulation of casein kinase I delta. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21689-94 pubmedb>Casein kinase I delta is a member of the casein kinase I (CKI) family, a group of second messenger independent protein kinases. We present evidence that the COOH-terminal domain of CKI delta has regulatory properties...
- Sillibourne J, Milne D, Takahashi M, Ono Y, Meek D. Centrosomal anchoring of the protein kinase CK1delta mediated by attachment to the large, coiled-coil scaffolding protein CG-NAP/AKAP450. J Mol Biol. 2002;322:785-97 pubmedProtein kinase CK1 (formerly termed casein kinase I) is ubiquitous in eukaryotic cells and comprises a family of as many as 14 isoforms (including splice variants) in mammalian cells...
- Camacho F, Cilio M, Guo Y, Virshup D, Patel K, Khorkova O, et al. Human casein kinase Idelta phosphorylation of human circadian clock proteins period 1 and 2. FEBS Lett. 2001;489:159-65 pubmed..These results indicate that CKIdelta may play a role similar to CKIepsilon, suggesting that it may also be involved in regulating circadian rhythmicity by post-translation modification of mammalian clock proteins hPER1 and 2. ..
- Wolff S, Xiao Z, Wittau M, Süssner N, Stöter M, Knippschild U. Interaction of casein kinase 1 delta (CK1 delta) with the light chain LC2 of microtubule associated protein 1A (MAP1A). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1745:196-206 pubmed..Furthermore, LC2 has been identified as a new substrate of CK1delta. We therefore propose a model in which CK1delta could modulate microtubule dynamics by changing the phosphorylation status of the light chain LC2 of MAP1A. ..
- Hanger D, Byers H, Wray S, Leung K, Saxton M, Seereeram A, et al. Novel phosphorylation sites in tau from Alzheimer brain support a role for casein kinase 1 in disease pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23645-54 pubmed
- Bryja V, Schulte G, Arenas E. Wnt-3a utilizes a novel low dose and rapid pathway that does not require casein kinase 1-mediated phosphorylation of Dvl to activate beta-catenin. Cell Signal. 2007;19:610-6 pubmed..Thus, our results show that Wnt-3a rapidly induce a partial activation of beta-catenin in the absence of PS-Dvl at low doses, while at high doses induce a full activation of beta-catenin in a PS-Dvl-dependent manner. ..
- Yasojima K, Kuret J, DeMaggio A, McGeer E, McGeer P. Casein kinase 1 delta mRNA is upregulated in Alzheimer disease brain. Brain Res. 2000;865:116-20 pubmed..Since Alzheimer-like phosphoepitopes of tau can be generated by Ck1, the Ckidelta isoform may play an important role in this fundamental aspect of AD pathology. ..
- Yin H, Laguna K, Li G, Kuret J. Dysbindin structural homologue CK1BP is an isoform-selective binding partner of human casein kinase-1. Biochemistry. 2006;45:5297-308 pubmed..These data suggest that the acidic domain of dysbindin and its paralogs in humans may function to recruit casein kinase-1 isoforms to protein complexes involved in multiple biological functions. ..
- Yamamoto A, Friedlein A, Imai Y, Takahashi R, Kahle P, Haass C. Parkin phosphorylation and modulation of its E3 ubiquitin ligase activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3390-9 pubmed..Thus, complex regulation of the phosphorylation state of parkin may contribute to the unfolded protein response in stressed cells. ..
- Ghoshal N, Smiley J, DeMaggio A, Hoekstra M, Cochran E, Binder L, et al. A new molecular link between the fibrillar and granulovacuolar lesions of Alzheimer's disease. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:1163-72 pubmed..We propose that overexpression of this protein kinase family plays a key role in the hyperphosphorylation of tau and in the formation of AD-related pathology. ..
- Johnson A, Chen J, Gould K. CK1 is required for a mitotic checkpoint that delays cytokinesis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1920-6 pubmed publisher..Like Dma1, CK1 accumulates at SPBs during a mitotic arrest and associates stably with SPB components, including Sid4. Our results establish CK1 as an integral component of a mitotic, ubiquitin-mediated checkpoint pathway. ..
- Greer Y, Westlake C, Gao B, Bharti K, Shiba Y, Xavier C, et al. Casein kinase 1? functions at the centrosome and Golgi to promote ciliogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1629-40 pubmed publisher..Mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) and retinal cells from Csnk1d (CK1?)-null mice also exhibit ciliogenesis defects...
- Inuzuka H, Tseng A, Gao D, Zhai B, Zhang Q, Shaik S, et al. Phosphorylation by casein kinase I promotes the turnover of the Mdm2 oncoprotein via the SCF(beta-TRCP) ubiquitin ligase. Cancer Cell. 2010;18:147-59 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Mdm2 is rapidly degraded after DNA damage and that phosphorylation of Mdm2 by casein kinase I (CKI) at multiple sites triggers its interaction with, and subsequent ubiquitination and destruction, by SCF(..
- Lee H, Chen R, Kim H, Etchegaray J, Weaver D, Lee C. The period of the circadian oscillator is primarily determined by the balance between casein kinase 1 and protein phosphatase 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16451-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide clear insights into the molecular basis of how the period and phase of our daily rhythms are determined. ..
- Longenecker K, Roach P, Hurley T. Three-dimensional structure of mammalian casein kinase I: molecular basis for phosphate recognition. J Mol Biol. 1996;257:618-31 pubmedThe three-dimensional structure for the catalytic region of the mammalian protein kinase, casein kinase I delta (CKI delta), has been solved by X-ray crystallography to a resolution of 2.3 A...
- Chia R, Haddock S, Beilina A, Rudenko I, Mamais A, Kaganovich A, et al. Phosphorylation of LRRK2 by casein kinase 1Î± regulates trans-Golgi clustering via differential interaction with ARHGEF7. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5827 pubmed publisher..These pathways are therefore likely involved in the physiological maintenance of the Golgi in cells, which may play a role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Bischof J, Randoll S, Süßner N, Henne Bruns D, Pinna L, Knippschild U. CK1? kinase activity is modulated by Chk1-mediated phosphorylation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68803 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data point towards a possible regulatory relationship between Chk1 and CK1?. ..
- Zemp I, Wandrey F, Rao S, Ashiono C, Wyler E, Montellese C, et al. CK1? and CK1? are components of human 40S subunit precursors required for cytoplasmic 40S maturation. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:1242-53 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that CK1? and CK1? play a decisive role in triggering late steps of pre-40S maturation that are required for acquisition of functionality of 40S ribosomal subunits in protein translation. ..
- Perreau Lenz S, Vengeliene V, Noori H, Merlo Pich E, Corsi M, Corti C, et al. Inhibition of the casein-kinase-1-?/?/ prevents relapse-like alcohol drinking. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:2121-31 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CK1 inhibitors may be candidates for drug treatment development for alcoholism. ..
- Kennaway D, Varcoe T, Voultsios A, Salkeld M, Rattanatray L, Boden M. Acute inhibition of casein kinase 1Î´/Îµ rapidly delays peripheral clock gene rhythms. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;398:195-206 pubmed publisher..are generated through a transcription-translation feedback loop involving clock genes and the casein kinases CSNK1D and CSNK1E...
- Li D, Herrera S, Bubula N, Nikitina E, Palmer A, Hanck D, et al. Casein kinase 1 enables nucleus accumbens amphetamine-induced locomotion by regulating AMPA receptor phosphorylation. J Neurochem. 2011;118:237-47 pubmed publisher..As such, Csnk1 may be a critical target for intervention in the treatment of drug use disorders...