Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Crhbp
Description: corticotropin releasing hormone binding protein
Alias: Crfbp, corticotropin-releasing factor-binding protein, CRF-BP, CRF-binding protein, CRH-BP
- Eckart K, Jahn O, Radulovic J, Tezval H, van Werven L, Spiess J. A single amino acid serves as an affinity switch between the receptor and the binding protein of corticotropin-releasing factor: implications for the design of agonists and antagonists. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:11142-7 pubmed..several brain functions through at least two subtypes of G protein-dependent receptors and a binding protein (CRFBP), we have developed synthetic strategies to provide enhanced binding specificity...
- Ungless M, Singh V, Crowder T, Yaka R, Ron D, Bonci A. Corticotropin-releasing factor requires CRF binding protein to potentiate NMDA receptors via CRF receptor 2 in dopamine neurons. Neuron. 2003;39:401-7 pubmed..We also find that this potentiation requires CRF binding protein (CRF-BP)...
- Blanco E, Zúñiga J, Andrés M, Alvarez A, Gysling K. Corticotropin-releasing factor binding protein enters the regulated secretory pathway in neuroendocrine cells and cortical neurons. Neuropeptides. 2011;45:273-9 pubmed publisherb>Corticotropin releasing factor binding protein (CRF-BP) is a 37kDa glycoprotein that binds CRF with high affinity. CRF-BP controls CRF levels within plasma during human pregnancy...
- Cortright D, Nicoletti A, Seasholtz A. Molecular and biochemical characterization of the mouse brain corticotropin-releasing hormone-binding protein. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;111:147-57 pubmed..Additional biochemical characterization of the binding activity of mCRH-BP indicates that CRH-BP and CRH receptor utilize different molecular interactions to bind CRH. ..
- Florio P, Romero R, Chaiworapongsa T, Kusanovic J, Torricelli M, Lowry P, et al. Amniotic fluid and umbilical cord plasma corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), CRF-binding protein, adrenocorticotropin, and cortisol concentrations in intraamniotic infection and inflammation at term. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:3604-9 pubmed publisher..CRF-BP may modulate CRF actions on ACTH and cortisol secretion, playing a pivotal role in limiting the inflammatory process and thus avoiding an overactivation of the fetal/placental hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis at birth. ..
- Westphal N, Seasholtz A. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) positively regulates corticotropin-releasing hormone-binding protein expression via multiple intracellular signaling pathways and a multipartite GnRH response element in alphaT3-1 cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2780-97 pubmed..These data demonstrate novel regulation of pituitary CRH-BP, highlighting the importance of the pituitary gonadotrope as a potential interface between the stress and reproductive axes. ..
- Herringa R, Nanda S, Hsu D, Roseboom P, Kalin N. The effects of acute stress on the regulation of central and basolateral amygdala CRF-binding protein gene expression. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;131:17-25 pubmed..Because CRF-BP can modulate CRF action, changes in amygdala CRF-BP levels after stress exposure may affect the ability of an organism to adapt to future stressors. ..
- van de Stolpe A, Slycke A, Reinders M, Zomer A, Goodenough S, Behl C, et al. Estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transcriptional regulation of the human corticotropin-releasing hormone-binding protein promoter: differential effects of ERalpha and ERbeta. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:2908-23 pubmed
- Claes S, Villafuerte S, Forsgren T, Sluijs S, Del Favero J, Adolfsson R, et al. The corticotropin-releasing hormone binding protein is associated with major depression in a population from Northern Sweden. Biol Psychiatry. 2003;54:867-72 pubmed..001). The corticotropin releasing hormone binding protein gene is likely to be involved in the genetic vulnerability for major depression. ..
- Hillhouse E, Grammatopoulos D. The molecular mechanisms underlying the regulation of the biological activity of corticotropin-releasing hormone receptors: implications for physiology and pathophysiology. Endocr Rev. 2006;27:260-86 pubmed..The type of activating agonist, receptor, and target cell appears to play a major role in determining the overall signaling and biological responses in health and disease. ..
- Wang B, You Z, Rice K, Wise R. Stress-induced relapse to cocaine seeking: roles for the CRF(2) receptor and CRF-binding protein in the ventral tegmental area of the rat. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007;193:283-94 pubmed..The present studies revealed a role of VTA CRF-BP and suggest an involvement of CRF(2)R in the effectiveness of stress in triggering glutamate and dopamine release and cocaine seeking in drug-experienced animals. ..
- Jahn O, Tezval H, van Werven L, Eckart K, Spiess J. Three-amino acid motifs of urocortin II and III determine their CRF receptor subtype selectivity. Neuropharmacology. 2004;47:233-42 pubmed..4 nM) but not mUcnIII was identified as high-affinity ligand for the rat CRF binding protein. Such affinity had previously not been observed for the human version of this protein...
- Ray L. Stress-induced and cue-induced craving for alcohol in heavy drinkers: Preliminary evidence of genetic moderation by the OPRM1 and CRH-BP genes. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:166-74 pubmed publisher..Larger studies are needed to validate these preliminary findings, which should also be extended to clinical samples. ..
- Glatt M. Klebsiella pneumonia treated with tetracycline (achromycin): a case presentation. Clin Proc Child Hosp Dist Columbia. 1954;10:25-8 pubmed
- Potter E, Behan D, Fischer W, Linton E, Lowry P, Vale W. Cloning and characterization of the cDNAs for human and rat corticotropin releasing factor-binding proteins. Nature. 1991;349:423-6 pubmed..Both rat and human recombinant binding proteins inhibit CRF binding to a CRF antibody and inhibit CRF-induced ACTH release by pituitary cells in vitro. ..
- Slater P, Cerda C, Pereira L, Andrés M, Gysling K. CRF binding protein facilitates the presence of CRF type 2? receptor on the cell surface. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:4075-80 pubmed publisherb>Corticotropin releasing factor binding protein (CRF-BP) was originally recognized as CRF sequestering protein. However, its differential subcellular localization in different brain nuclei suggests that CRF-BP may have additional functions...