Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Col1a1
Description: collagen type I alpha 1 chain
Alias: COLIA1, collagen alpha-1(I) chain, alpha-1 type I collagen, collagen, type 1, alpha 1, collagen, type I, alpha 1, procollagen type I, alpha 1, procollagen, type 1, alpha 1, type I-alpha 1 collagen
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Su P, Chen W, Li T, Chou C, Chen T, Ho Y, et al. The discrimination of type I and type II collagen and the label-free imaging of engineered cartilage tissue. Biomaterials. 2010;31:9415-21 pubmed publisher..By displaying the ?((2)) tensor ratios in the image format, the variation in the ?((2)) tensor ratios can be used as a contrast mechanism for distinguishing type I and II collagens. ..
- Jiang F, Liao Z, Hu L, Du Y, Man X, Gu J, et al. Comparison of antioxidative and antifibrotic effects of ?-tocopherol with those of tocotrienol-rich fraction in a rat model of chronic pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2011;40:1091-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TRF may be a novel option for alleviating inflammation and, particularly, the fibrotic process in CP. ..
- Chen J, Chen H, Cheng J, Lin H, Tung Y, Lin C, et al. A Chinese herbal medicine, Gexia-Zhuyu Tang (GZT), prevents dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver fibrosis through inhibition of hepatic stellate cells proliferation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;142:811-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that GZT exhibited both hepatoprotective and antifibrogenic effects in DMN-induced hepatic injury. These findings suggest that GZT may be useful in preventing the development of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Hornigold N, Johnson T, Huang L, Haylor J, Griffin M, Mooney A. Inhibition of collagen I accumulation reduces glomerulosclerosis by a Hic-5-dependent mechanism in experimental diabetic nephropathy. Lab Invest. 2013;93:553-65 pubmed publisher..Prevention of collagen I accumulation interrupts this Hic-5-dependent positive feedback loop, preserving glomerular architecture, cellular phenotype, and function. ..
- Almeida L, Oliveira J, GuimarÃ£es L, Carvalho E, Blackwell J, Castellucci L. Wound healing genes and susceptibility to cutaneous leishmaniasis in Brazil: role of COL1A1. Infect Genet Evol. 2015;30:225-9 pubmed publisher..Reduction of Fli1 expression in mice has been shown to result in up-regulation of collagen type I alpha 1 (Col1a1) and alpha 2 (Col1a2) genes and, conversely, in down-regulation of the matrix metalloproteinase 1 (Mmp1) gene, ..
- Stoltz M, Timpl R, Furthmayr H, Kuhn K. Structural and immunogenic properties of a major antigenic determinant in neutral salt-extracted rat-skin collagen. Eur J Biochem. 1973;37:287-94 pubmed
- Ohsaki Y, Nagata K, Kurisu K. Localization of types I and III collagen and fibronectin in the developing mouse palatal shelves. Acta Anat (Basel). 1995;153:161-7 pubmed
- Balk M, Bray J, Day C, Epperly M, Greenberger J, Evans C, et al. Effect of rhBMP-2 on the osteogenic potential of bone marrow stromal cells from an osteogenesis imperfecta mouse (oim). Bone. 1997;21:7-15 pubmed..Under basal conditions, however, the stromal cells from oim mice exhibited significantly lower levels of alkaline phosphatase activity than their normal littermates. ..
- Suphapeetiporn K, Tongkobpetch S, Mahayosnond A, Shotelersuk V. Expanding the phenotypic spectrum of Caffey disease. Clin Genet. 2007;71:280-4 pubmed..A heterozygous mutation for a 3040C-->T in exon 41 of COL1A1 was found in affected individuals, further confirming the autosomal dominance of Caffey disease that is caused by ..
- Scott A, Danielson P, Abraham T, Fong G, Sampaio A, Underhill T. Mechanical force modulates scleraxis expression in bioartificial tendons. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2011;11:124-32 pubmed..of genes which play a role in tenocyte differentiation and function, namely scleraxis (Scx) and Type I collagen (Col1a1), and determined the effect of varying mechanical parameters including (1) static vs dynamic load, (2) increasing ..
- Thompson K, Lakner A, Cross B, Tsukada S, Rippe R, McKillop I, et al. S-adenosyl-L-methionine inhibits collagen secretion in hepatic stellate cells via increased ubiquitination. Liver Int. 2011;31:891-901 pubmed publisher..S-adenosyl-L-methionine inhibits collagen processing leading to increased ubiquitination and decreased secretion. These findings represent a novel mechanism for modulating type I collagen expression in activated HSCs. ..
- Thomas E, Nakamura M, Wienke D, Isacke C, Pozzi A, Liang P. Endo180 binds to the C-terminal region of type I collagen. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22596-605 pubmed..display screening of oncogenic ras target genes, we have shown that the alpha1 chain of type I collagen (col1a1) is markedly down-regulated by the ras oncogene through the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway...
- De Coster P, Cornelissen M, De Paepe A, Martens L, Vral A. Abnormal dentin structure in two novel gene mutations [COL1A1, Arg134Cys] and [ADAMTS2, Trp795-to-ter] causing rare type I collagen disorders. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:101-9 pubmed..In the second case, a missense mutation in COL1A1 (substitution of arginine by cysteine) results in a type I EDS phenotype with clinically normal-appearing ..
- Katz J, Gong Y, Salmasinia D, Hou W, Burkley B, Ferreira P, et al. Genetic polymorphisms and other risk factors associated with bisphosphonate induced osteonecrosis of the jaw. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;40:605-11 pubmed publisher..048) and type of BP treatment (p=0.03). A trend for higher odds for BONJ was found for SNPs in five genes: COL1A1 (rs1800012), RANK (rs12458117), MMP2 (rs243865), OPG (rs2073618) and OPN (rs11730582)...
- Zhang Q, Xiao X, Li M, Li W, Yu M, Zhang H, et al. Gene expression profiling in glomeruli of diabetic nephropathy rat. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:903-11 pubmed publisher..Q-RT-PCR verified that Atp5b (F1-ATPase beta subunit), Col1a1 (collagen type 1 alpha 1), Cox6c (cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIc), Ndufs3 (NADH dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] Fe-S ..
- Delella F, Lacorte L, Almeida F, Pai M, Felisbino S. Fibrosis-related gene expression in the prostate is modulated by doxazosin treatment. Life Sci. 2012;91:1281-7 pubmed publisher..stroma ultrastructure and the expression of genes involved with fibrosis, such as collagen type I and III (COL1A1 and COL3A1, respectively) and TGF-beta 1, in the rat ventral prostate...
- Syaidah R, Horiguchi K, Fujiwara K, Tsukada T, Kikuchi M, Yashiro T. Laminin and collagen modulate expression of the small leucine-rich proteoglycan fibromodulin in rat anterior pituitary gland. Cell Tissue Res. 2013;354:633-8 pubmed..This suggests that laminin and type I collagen support the function of FS cells by increasing fibromodulin protein expression in the anterior pituitary. ..
- Aerssens J, Dequeker J, Peeters J, Breemans S, Boonen S. Lack of association between osteoarthritis of the hip and gene polymorphisms of VDR, COL1A1, and COL2A1 in postmenopausal women. Arthritis Rheum. 1998;41:1946-50 pubmedTo evaluate whether DNA polymorphisms of the VDR (vitamin D receptor), COL1A1 (alpha1 type I collagen), and COL2A1 (alpha1 type II collagen) genes, which have previously been linked to bone mineral density (BMD) and/or osteoarthritis (OA),..
- Bhatt R, Tomoda T, Fang Y, Hatten M. Discoidin domain receptor 1 functions in axon extension of cerebellar granule neurons. Genes Dev. 2000;14:2216-28 pubmed..Our results therefore indicate that collagen-DDR1 signaling is essential for granule neuron axon formation and further suggest a unique role of pia in cerebellar cortex histogenesis. ..
- Gokden N, Dehner L, Zhu X, Pfeifer J. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans of the vulva and groin: detection of COL1A1-PDGFB fusion transcripts by RT-PCR. J Cutan Pathol. 2003;30:190-5 pubmed..The translocation results in the fusion of two genes, collagen type I alpha 1(COL1A1) and platelet-derived growth factor B-chain (PDGFB)...
- Lincoln J, Florer J, Deutsch G, Wenstrup R, Yutzey K. ColVa1 and ColXIa1 are required for myocardial morphogenesis and heart valve development. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3295-305 pubmed
- Holland M, Jeffries D, Pattison M, Korr G, Gall A, Joof H, et al. Pathway-focused arrays reveal increased matrix metalloproteinase-7 (matrilysin) transcription in trachomatous trichiasis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3893-902 pubmed publisher..Validation by qRT-PCR confirmed differential expression in four of these genes (COL1A1, COL7A1, MMP7, and TLR6)...
- Mohan H, Krumbholz M, Sharma R, Eisele S, Junker A, Sixt M, et al. Extracellular matrix in multiple sclerosis lesions: Fibrillar collagens, biglycan and decorin are upregulated and associated with infiltrating immune cells. Brain Pathol. 2010;20:966-75 pubmed publisher..b>COL1A1, COL3A1, COL5A1 and COL5A2 chains were induced strongly in active lesions and even more in inactive lesions...
- Heine U, Munoz E, Flanders K, Roberts A, Sporn M. Colocalization of TGF-beta 1 and collagen I and III, fibronectin and glycosaminoglycans during lung branching morphogenesis. Development. 1990;109:29-36 pubmed
- García Trevijano E, Iraburu M, Fontana L, Domínguez Rosales J, Auster A, Covarrubias Pinedo A, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 induces the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA by a hydrogen peroxide-C/EBPbeta-dependent mechanism in rat hepatic stellate cells. Hepatology. 1999;29:960-70 pubmed..To address this question, we investigated whether H2O2 is a mediator of TGF-beta-elicited alpha1(I) collagen gene (col1a1) up-regulation...
- Guzeloglu Kayisli O, Cetin Z, Keser I, Ozturk Z, Tuncer T, Canatan D, et al. Relationship between SP1 polymorphism and osteoporosis in beta-thalassemia major patients. Pediatr Int. 2008;50:474-6 pubmed publisher..Polymorphism at the Sp1 binding site of the collagen type I A1 (COLIA1) gene is thought to be an important factor in the development of osteoporosis...
- Dab H, Kacem K, Hachani R, Dhaouadi N, Hodroj W, Sakly M, et al. Physiological regulation of extracellular matrix collagen and elastin in the arterial wall of rats by noradrenergic tone and angiotensin II. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2012;13:19-28 pubmed publisher..Overall, SNS and ANG II exert opposite and antagonistic effects on major components of ECM in the vascular wall. This may be of relevance for the choice of a therapeutic strategy in vascular diseases. ..
- Castoldi G, di Gioia C, Bombardi C, Catalucci D, Corradi B, Gualazzi M, et al. MiR-133a regulates collagen 1A1: potential role of miR-133a in myocardial fibrosis in angiotensin II-dependent hypertension. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:850-6 pubmed publisher..A computer-based prediction algorithm led to the identification of collagen 1a1 (Col1A1) as a putative target of miR-133a...
- Staels B, Rubenstrunk A, Noel B, Rigou G, Delataille P, Millatt L, et al. Hepatoprotective effects of the dual peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/delta agonist, GFT505, in rodent models of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Hepatology. 2013;58:1941-52 pubmed publisher..The dual PPAR-?/? agonist, GFT505, is a promising liver-targeted drug for treatment of NAFLD/NASH. In animals, its protective effects are mediated by both PPAR-?-dependent and -independent mechanisms. ..
- Bornstein P. The incomplete hydroxylation of individual prolyl residues in collagen. J Biol Chem. 1967;242:2572-4 pubmed
- Lee H, Overall C, McCulloch C, Sodek J. A critical role for the membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase in collagen phagocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4812-26 pubmed..In contrast to MT1-MMP, the gelatinolytic activity of MMP-2 was not required for collagen phagocytosis. These studies demonstrate a pivotal role of catalytically active MT1-MMP in preparing collagen fibrils for phagocytic degradation. ..
- Yang Z, Ke Z, Zeng C, Wang Z, Shi H, Wang L. Mutation characteristics in type I collagen genes in Chinese patients with osteogenesis imperfecta. Genet Mol Res. 2011;10:177-85 pubmed publisherOsteogenesis imperfecta is normally caused by an autosomal dominant mutation in the type I collagen genes COL1A1 and COL1A2. The severity of osteogenesis imperfecta varies, ranging from perinatal lethality to a very mild phenotype...
- Chen F, Guo R, Itoh S, Moreno L, Rosenthal E, Zappitelli T, et al. First mouse model for combined osteogenesis imperfecta and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. J Bone Miner Res. 2014;29:1412-23 pubmed publisher..Mapping and sequencing revealed a T to C transition in a splice donor of the collagen alpha1 type I (Col1a1) gene, resulting in the skipping of exon 9 and a predicted 18-amino acid deletion within the N-terminal region of ..
- Ma J, Huang X, Shen Y, Zheng C, Su Q, Xu J, et al. Tenascin-C promotes migration of hepatic stellate cells and production of type I collagen. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:1470-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a potential insight for the therapy of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- LeHeup B, Federspiel S, Guerry Force M, Wetherall N, Commers P, Dimari S, et al. Extracellular matrix biosynthesis by cultured fetal rat lung epithelial cells. I. Characterization of the clone and the major genetic types of collagen produced. Lab Invest. 1989;60:791-807 pubmed..Furthermore, it is proposed that cultured FRLE cells may be a useful in vitro model system for investigating the regulation of macromolecular synthesis in and the differentiation and maturation of the fetal alveolar epithelial cell. ..
- Ning W, Li C, Kaminski N, Feghali Bostwick C, Alber S, Di Y, et al. Comprehensive gene expression profiles reveal pathways related to the pathogenesis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14895-900 pubmed..growth factors or related proteins (CTGF, CYR61, CX3CL1, TGFB1, and PDGFRA), and extracellular matrix protein (COL1A1)...
- Romer P, Weingartner J, Proff P, Roldán J, Reicheneder C. Profiling type I collagen gene expression in growing mandibular structures. Ann Anat. 2010;192:96-100 pubmed publisher..These findings correspond well with previously obtained data from proliferation studies in facial bone suggesting that craniofacial growth in the rat occurs mainly between days 10 and 21. ..
- Sullivan B, Cui W, Copple B, Luyendyk J. Early growth response factor-1 limits biliary fibrosis in a model of xenobiotic-induced cholestasis in mice. Toxicol Sci. 2012;126:267-74 pubmed publisher..Rather, these studies indicate that Egr-1 deficiency worsens liver fibrosis in conjunction with enhanced expression of the profibrogenic Itgb6 gene. ..
- Liu X, Wu H, Byrne M, Jeffrey J, Krane S, Jaenisch R. A targeted mutation at the known collagenase cleavage site in mouse type I collagen impairs tissue remodeling. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:227-37 pubmed..Thus, type I collagen is degraded by at least two differentially controlled mechanisms involving collagenases with distinct, but overlapping, substrate specificities. ..
- Chamberlain J, Schwarze U, Wang P, Hirata R, Hankenson K, Pace J, et al. Gene targeting in stem cells from individuals with osteogenesis imperfecta. Science. 2004;303:1198-201 pubmed..Here, we have used adeno-associated virus vectors to disrupt dominant-negative mutant COL1A1 collagen genes in MSCs from individuals with the brittle bone disorder osteogenesis imperfecta, demonstrating ..
- Imai C, Okamura A, Peng J, Kitamura Y, Printz M. Interleukin-1beta enhanced action of kinins on extracellular matrix of spontaneous hypertensive rat cardiac fibroblasts. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2005;27:59-69 pubmed
- Bai Y, Zhang J, Xu J, Cui L, Zhang H, Zhang S. Alteration of type I collagen in the radial artery of patients with end-stage renal disease. Am J Med Sci. 2015;349:292-7 pubmed publisher..vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs), reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (PCR) was used to measure COL1A1 and CBFA1 transcription and a Western blot was performed to detect type I collagen expression in the rat aortic ..
- Frankel F, Hsu C, Myers J, Lin E, Lyttle C, Komm B, et al. Regulation of alpha 2(I), alpha 1(III), and alpha 2(V) collagen mRNAs by estradiol in the immature rat uterus. DNA. 1988;7:347-54 pubmed..The third induction, however, was suppressed relative to the first, suggesting that estrogen-stimulated factors may act to negatively regulate the uterine response to estrogen. ..
- Tsuneyoshi T, Westerhausen A, Constantinou C, Prockop D. Substitutions for glycine alpha 1-637 and glycine alpha 2-694 of type I procollagen in lethal osteogenesis imperfecta. The conformational strain on the triple helix introduced by a glycine substitution can be transmitted along the helix. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:15608-13 pubmed
- Herget T, Burba M, Schmoll M, Zimmermann K, Starzinski Powitz A. Regulated expression of nuclear protein(s) in myogenic cells that binds to a conserved 3' untranslated region in pro alpha 1 (I) collagen cDNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:2828-36 pubmed..The collagen RNAs and the nuclear tame-binding proteins reappeared after a change of medium, which further suggests that the RNAs and the protein(s) are coordinately regulated. ..
- Egeblad M, Shen H, Behonick D, Wilmes L, Eichten A, Korets L, et al. Type I collagen is a genetic modifier of matrix metalloproteinase 2 in murine skeletal development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1683-93 pubmed..mutations that render type I collagen resistant to collagenase-mediated cleavage to TC(A) and TC(B) fragments (Col1a1(r/r) mice) have severe developmental defects resembling those observed in MMP2-null humans...
- Degiorgio Miller A, Treharne L, McAnulty R, Coleridge Smith P, Laurent G, Herrick S. Procollagen type I gene expression and cell proliferation are increased in lipodermatosclerosis. Br J Dermatol. 2005;152:242-9 pubmed..The number of cells expressing procollagen type I mRNA (COL1A1) was significantly higher in the dermis of LDS-affected skin compared with samples from the other patient groups...
- Ahmed M, Mehmood A, Bhatti F, Khan S, Riazuddin S. Combination of ADMSCs and chondrocytes reduces hypertrophy and improves the functional properties of osteoarthritic cartilage. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2014;22:1894-901 pubmed publisher..of Acan and Collagen type-II alpha (Col2a1) with a correspondingly decreased expression of Collagen type-I alpha (Col1a1) and Matrix metallopeptidase 13 (Mmp13) was maximally observed in this group...
- Pereira R, Halford K, Sokolov B, Khillan J, Prockop D. Phenotypic variability and incomplete penetrance of spontaneous fractures in an inbred strain of transgenic mice expressing a mutated collagen gene (COL1A1). J Clin Invest. 1994;93:1765-9 pubmed..of transgenic mice expressing an internally deleted gene for the pro alpha 1(I) chain of type I procollagen (COL1A1) was bred to wild type mice of the same strain so that the inheritance of a fracture phenotype could be examined ..
- Yang M, Xie J, Gu X, Zhang X, Davey A, Zhang S, et al. Involvement of 90-kuD ribosomal S6 kinase in collagen type I expression in rat hepatic fibrosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2109-15 pubmed..p90RSK is over-expressed in activated HSCs and involved in regulating the abnormal expression of collagen type I through initiating the proliferation of HSCs. ..
- Tang M, Zhong M, Shang Y, Lin H, Deng J, Jiang H, et al. Differential regulation of collagen types I and III expression in cardiac fibroblasts by AGEs through TRB3/MAPK signaling pathway. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:2924-32 pubmed publisher..It suggests that the TRB3/MAPK signaling pathway participates in the regulation of collagen types I and III by AGEs and may provide new therapeutic strategies for diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Tsukada S, Westwick J, Ikejima K, Sato N, Rippe R. SMAD and p38 MAPK signaling pathways independently regulate alpha1(I) collagen gene expression in unstimulated and transforming growth factor-beta-stimulated hepatic stellate cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10055-64 pubmed..In conclusion, both p38 MAPK and Smad signaling independently and additively regulate alpha1(I) collagen gene expression by transcriptional activation, whereas p38 MAPK and not Smad signaling increased alpha1(I) collagen mRNA stability. ..
- de Galarreta M, Navarro A, Ansorena E, Garzón A, Modol T, López Zabalza M, et al. Unfolded protein response induced by Brefeldin A increases collagen type I levels in hepatic stellate cells through an IRE1?, p38 MAPK and Smad-dependent pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:2115-23 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment with IRE1? and p38 MAPK inhibitors also prevented the increased p-Smad3 accumulation in the nucleus, suggesting an IRE1?-p38 MAPK-Smad pathway to be responsible for the fibrogenic action of BFA on HSC. ..
- Pereira R, Khillan J, Helminen H, Hume E, Prockop D. Transgenic mice expressing a partially deleted gene for type I procollagen (COL1A1). A breeding line with a phenotype of spontaneous fractures and decreased bone collagen and mineral. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:709-16 pubmed..The results suggested that the transgenic mice may be an appropriate model for testing potential therapies for osteogenesis imperfecta. They may also be a useful model for studying osteoporosis. ..
- Kesserwan C, Sokolic R, Cowen E, Garabedian E, Heselmeyer Haddad K, Lee C, et al. Multicentric dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans in patients with adenosine deaminase-deficient severe combined immune deficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;129:762-769.e1 pubmed publisher..skin tumor associated with a characteristic chromosomal translocation (t[17;22][q22;q13]) resulting in the COL1A1-platelet-derived growth factor Î²(PDGFB) fusion gene. This malignancy is rarely diagnosed in childhood...
- Flentke G, Baker M, Docterman K, Power S, Lough J, Smith S. Microarray analysis of retinoid-dependent gene activity during rat embryogenesis: increased collagen fibril production in a model of retinoid insufficiency. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:886-98 pubmed..Among these, the induction by RAD of genes involved in collagen I synthesis (COL1A1, IA2 and VA2, prolyl-4-hydroxylase-alpha1) and protein galactosylation (galactokinase, ABO galactosyltransferase, ..
- Ling L, Murali S, Dombrowski C, Haupt L, Stein G, Van Wijnen A, et al. Sulfated glycosaminoglycans mediate the effects of FGF2 on the osteogenic potential of rat calvarial osteoprogenitor cells. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:811-25 pubmed..This study thus establishes the central role of sulfated GAGs in the osteogenic progression of osteoprogenitors. ..
- Schroder A, Kirwan T, Jiang J, Aitken K, Bagli D. Rapamycin attenuates bladder hypertrophy during long-term outlet obstruction in vivo: tissue, matrix and mechanistic insights. J Urol. 2013;189:2377-84 pubmed publisher..We evaluated Col1a1, Col3a1, Eln and Mmp7 mRNA expression and histology. Two-factor ANOVA and the post hoc t test were applied...
- Jaisson S, Larreta Garde V, Bellon G, Hornebeck W, Garnotel R, Gillery P. Carbamylation differentially alters type I collagen sensitivity to various collagenases. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:190-6 pubmed
- Han J, Kim H, Choi M, Lee J, Park H, Wang J, et al. Aqueous extract of Artemisia iwayomogi Kitamura attenuates cholestatic liver fibrosis in a rat model of bile duct ligation. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:3505-13 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that WAI may have antifibrotic properties via both improvement of antioxidant activities and inhibition of ECM protein production in the rat model of BDL. ..
- Van Eps J, Fernandez Moure J, Cabrera F, Wang X, Karim A, Corradetti B, et al. Decreased hernia recurrence using autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with Stratticeâ„¢ mesh in a rodent ventral hernia model. Surg Endosc. 2016;30:3239-49 pubmed publisher..73-fold, vWF 2.21-fold) and myofibroblastic genes (Î±SMA 9.68-fold, FSP-1 3.61-fold, Col1a1 3.32-fold, Col31a1 3.29-fold)...
- Keely P, Wu J, Santoro S. The spatial and temporal expression of the alpha 2 beta 1 integrin and its ligands, collagen I, collagen IV, and laminin, suggest important roles in mouse mammary morphogenesis. Differentiation. 1995;59:1-13 pubmed..Our results suggest that alpha 2 beta 1 integrin interactions with its temporally and spatially regulated ligands, collagen I, collagen IV, and laminin, could play an important role in mammary morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Forlino A, Kuznetsova N, Marini J, Leikin S. Selective retention and degradation of molecules with a single mutant alpha1(I) chain in the Brtl IV mouse model of OI. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:604-14 pubmed..chains in the Brtl IV murine model for Osteogenesis Imperfecta, carrying a Gly-349 to Cys substitution in one col1a1 allele...
- Jiang X, Gao G. [The influence of angiotensin II receptor blockade on the expressions of Col I and TIMP-1 mRNA in cardiac fibroblast of adult rat]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2007;38:954-7 pubmed..4%, Both AT1 and AT2 blockade by co-treatment decreased TIMP-1 mRNA to 44.1%. AT2 receptor is involved in collagen metabolism in cardiac fibroblast by regulating the levels of Col I and TIMP-1 mRNA. ..
- Tural S, Kara N, Alayli G, Tomak L. Association between osteoporosis and polymorphisms of the bone Gla protein, estrogen receptor 1, collagen 1-A1 and calcitonin receptor genes in Turkish postmenopausal women. Gene. 2013;515:167-72 pubmed publisher..osteoporosis and osteocalcin (BGLAP) -298 C>T, estrogen receptor 1 (ER1) 397 T>C, collagen type1 alpha 1 (Col1A1) 2046 G>T and calcitonin receptor (CALCR) 1340 T>C polymorphisms...
- Widmer C, Gebauer J, Brunstein E, Rosenbaum S, Zaucke F, Dr gem ller C, et al. Molecular basis for the action of the collagen-specific chaperone Hsp47/SERPINH1 and its structure-specific client recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13243-7 pubmed publisher..The structures explain the stabilization of the triple helix as well as the inhibition of collagen-bundle formation by Hsp47. In addition, we propose a pH-dependent substrate release mechanism based on a cluster of histidine residues...
- Wang X, Shi K, Li J, Chen T, Guo Y, Liu Y, et al. Effects of angiotensin II intervention on MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and collagen expression in rats with pulmonary hypertension. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:1707-17 pubmed publisher..Real-time fluorescent quantitative PCR was used to detect MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1, COL1A1, and COL4A1 mRNA expression. Picro-sirius red staining was performed to detect collagen protein expression...
- Reich H, Landolt Marticorena C, Boutros P, John R, Wither J, Fortin P, et al. Molecular markers of injury in kidney biopsy specimens of patients with lupus nephritis. J Mol Diagn. 2011;13:143-51 pubmed publisher..We identified that the mRNA levels of three transcripts (MMP7, EGF, COL1A1) relate to pathological indices of kidney injury and kidney function at the time of biopsy; these were associated ..
- Fu L, Wei C, Powell P, Bradley W, Ahmad S, Ferrario C, et al. Increased fibroblast chymase production mediates procollagen autophagic digestion in volume overload. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:1-9 pubmed publisher..In a pure VO model, chymase produced in adult cardiac fibroblasts leads to autophagic degradation of newly synthesized intracellular procollagen I, suggesting a new role of chymase in extracellular matrix degradation. ..
- Andrikopoulos K, Liu X, Keene D, Jaenisch R, Ramirez F. Targeted mutation in the col5a2 gene reveals a regulatory role for type V collagen during matrix assembly. Nat Genet. 1995;9:31-6 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that type V collagen is a key determinant in the assembly of tissue-specific matrices, and provide an animal model for human connective tissue disorders. ..
- Loughlin J, Sinsheimer J, Mustafa Z, Carr A, Clipsham K, Bloomfield V, et al. Association analysis of the vitamin D receptor gene, the type I collagen gene COL1A1, and the estrogen receptor gene in idiopathic osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol. 2000;27:779-84 pubmed..We tested for association of these 2 genes, plus a third gene implicated in bone density, COL1A1, with idiopathic OA. A case-control cohort of 371 affected probands and 369 unaffected spouses was used...
- Bernards M, Qin C, Ratner B, Jiang S. Adhesion of MC3T3-E1 cells to bone sialoprotein and bone osteopontin specifically bound to collagen I. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2008;86:779-87 pubmed..In addition, a cell inhibition assay was performed to show that all of the cell binding that occurred throughout these studies was dependent upon integrin interactions with the RGD cell binding moiety. ..
- Pan X, Chen Z, Huang R, Yao Y, Ma G. Transforming growth factor ?1 induces the expression of collagen type I by DNA methylation in cardiac fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60335 pubmed publisher..However, the epigenetic mechanisms by which TGF-? induces collagen type I alpha 1 (COL1A1) expression are not fully understood...
- Rabie A, Veis A. An immunocytochemical study of the routes of secretion of collagen and phosphophoryn from odontoblasts into dentin. Connect Tissue Res. 1995;31:197-209 pubmed
- Horino Y, Takahashi S, Miura T, Takahashi Y. Prolonged hypoxia accelerates the posttranscriptional process of collagen synthesis in cultured fibroblasts. Life Sci. 2002;71:3031-45 pubmed..These results suggest that hypoxic enhancement of the posttranscriptional step of collagen synthesis contributed to the accelerated deposition of collagen fibrils. ..
- Govoni K, Amaar Y, Kramer A, Winter E, Baylink D, Mohan S. Regulation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-5, four and a half lim-2, and a disintegrin and metalloprotease-9 expression in osteoblasts. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2006;16:49-56 pubmed..05). In conclusion, our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that FHL-2 and ADAM-9 are important modulators of IGFBP-5 actions and are, in part, regulated in a coordinated manner in bone. ..
- Boban I, Jacquin C, Prior K, Barisic Dujmovic T, Maye P, Clark S, et al. The 3.6 kb DNA fragment from the rat Col1a1 gene promoter drives the expression of genes in both osteoblast and osteoclast lineage cells. Bone. 2006;39:1302-12 pubmed..In summary, we demonstrate that pOBCol3.6 unexpectedly directs the expression of transgenes in the osteoclast lineage and this effect must be considered when utilizing this promoter to study of mesenchymal progenitor cells. ..
- Yamane T, Kobayashi Hattori K, Oishi Y, Takita T. High-fat diet reduces levels of type I tropocollagen and hyaluronan in rat skin. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010;54 Suppl 1:S53-61 pubmed publisher..The HF diets reduced the levels of type I tropocollagen, COL1A1 mRNA, hyaluronan, and rat hyaluronan synthase (rhas)2 mRNA, which play a primary role in hyaluronan synthase in ..
- Armatas A, Pratsinis H, Mavrogonatou E, Angelopoulou M, Kouroumalis A, Karamanos N, et al. The differential proliferative response of fetal and adult human skin fibroblasts to TGF-? is retained when cultured in the presence of fibronectin or collagen. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:2635-42 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Matrix-mediated cell behaviour and properties. ..
- Taga Y, Kusubata M, Ogawa Goto K, Hattori S. Developmental Stage-dependent Regulation of Prolyl 3-Hydroxylation in Tendon Type I Collagen. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:837-47 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that prolyl 3-hydroxylation incrementally regulates collagen fibril diameter in tendon. ..
- Bai G, Yan G, Wang G, Wan P, Liu X, Wang H, et al. Effects of lentiviral vectorâ€‘mediated shRNA silencing of TGFÎ²1 on the expression of Col1a1 in rat hepatic stellate cells. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:2785-2790 pubmed publisher..in order to examine its effect on silencing of the TGFÎ²1 gene and on the expression of collagen type 1 Î±1 (Col1a1) in HSCâ€‘T6 rat hepatic stellate cells...
- Zhao C, Chen Q, Zhang W, Huang A, Zhang W, Yang H, et al. 17?-Estradiol Protects Rat Annulus Fibrosus Cells Against Apoptosis via ?1 Integrin-Mediated Adhesion to Type I Collagen: An In-vitro Study. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:1375-83 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS This study shows that E2 protects against apoptosis in a time-dependent manner, and ?1 integrin-mediated adhesion to collagen II is essential for estrogen-dependent anti-apoptosis in rat annulus fibrosus cells in vitro. ..
- Wang X, Hu Y, Liu C, Liu P, Zhu D. [Effects of salvianolic acid B on expressions of TGF-beta1 and its receptors in liver of rats with dimethylnitrosamine-induced hepatic fibrosis]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2005;3:286-9 pubmed..The therapeutic mechanism of SA-B in treating hepatic fibrosis may be related to inhibiting the expressions of TGF-beta1 and its receptors. ..
- Butler W. Chemical studies on the cyanogen bromide peptides of rat skin collagen. The covalent structure of alpha 1-CB5, the major hexose-containing cyanogen bromide peptide of alpha 1. Biochemistry. 1970;9:44-50 pubmed
- Terashima H, Kato M, Yasumo H, Tsuchida H, Mizuno M, Sada T. A sensitive short-term evaluation of antifibrotic effects using newly established type I collagen reporter transgenic rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F792-801 pubmed publisher..harboring a firefly luciferase reporter gene under the control of the 5'-flanking region of rat ?(1)(I) collagen (Col1a1-Luc Tg rats) and ?(2)(I) collagen (Col1a2-Luc Tg rats)...
- Dai Y, Lindsey J, Duong Polk X, Nguyen D, Hofer A, Weinreb R. Outflow facility in mice with a targeted type I collagen mutation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:5749-53 pubmed publisherTransgenic Col1a1(r/r) mice develop elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) with an open angle and progressive optic nerve axon loss. The present study was undertaken to evaluate aqueous outflow facility and its age dependence in these mice...
- Bhatti F, Mehmood A, Wajid N, Rauf M, Khan S, Riazuddin S. Vitamin E protects chondrocytes against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress in vitro. Inflamm Res. 2013;62:781-9 pubmed publisher..Vitamin E up-regulated expression of Agc1, Col2a1, and PCNA genes along with down-regulation in the expression of Col1a1 and Casp3 genes. The differentiation index improved after Vitamin E pretreatment...
- Zhang B, Wang L. [Bushen Rougan Recipe in prevention of hepatic fibrosis in rats induced by dimethylnitrosamine: a study on its preliminary mechanism]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2008;6:934-8 pubmed publisher..01). BSRGR can decrease the expressions of collagen type I and CTGF mRNAs in the rats with hepatic fibrosis, which may be one of possible mechanisms in treating hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Fang H, Lai J, Lin W, Lin W. A fermented substance from Aspergillus phoenicis reduces liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1154-61 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that FSAP partially reduced the liver fibrosis in rats induced by CCl(4). ..