Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cntfr
Description: ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor
Alias: ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor subunit alpha, CNTF receptor subunit alpha, CNTFR-alpha, ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha
- Schuster B, Kovaleva M, Sun Y, Regenhard P, Matthews V, Grötzinger J, et al. Signaling of human ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) revisited. The interleukin-6 receptor can serve as an alpha-receptor for CTNF. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9528-35 pubmed..Human CNTF elicits cellular responses by induction of a receptor complex consisting of the CNTF alpha-receptor (CNTFR), which is not involved in signal transduction, and the beta-receptors gp130 and leukemia inhibitory factor ..
- Terrado J, Burgess R, DeChiara T, Yancopoulos G, Sanes J, Kato A. Motoneuron survival is enhanced in the absence of neuromuscular junction formation in embryos. J Neurosci. 2001;21:3144-50 pubmed..The motoneuron numbers in the double mutants parallel those of the single MuSK-deficient mice, indicating that synapse disruption can even overcome the deleterious effect of CNTFRalpha ablation. ..
- Park J, Howell M, Winseck A, Forger N. Effects of testosterone on the development of a sexually dimorphic neuromuscular system in ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor knockout mice. J Neurobiol. 1999;41:317-25 pubmed..Prenatal TP treatment of CNTFRalpha -/- males overcomes the effects of the gene deletion on the BC and LA muscles without a concomitant effect on SNB motoneuron number. ..
- Man D, He W, Sze K, Gong K, Smith D, Zhu G, et al. Solution structure of the C-terminal domain of the ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) receptor and ligand free associations among components of the CNTF receptor complex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23285-94 pubmed..factor (CNTF), a member of the gp130 family of cytokines, is composed of CNTF, the CNTF receptor alpha (CNTFR), gp130, and the leukemia inhibitory factor receptor (LIFR)...
- Perret D, Guillet C, Elson G, Froger J, Plun Favreau H, Rousseau F, et al. Two different contact sites are recruited by cardiotrophin-like cytokine (CLC) to generate the CLC/CLF and CLC/sCNTFRalpha composite cytokines. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:43961-70 pubmed..This study establishes the molecular details of the interaction of CLC with CLF, CNTFRalpha, and LIFRbeta and helps to define the precise role of each protein in this functional receptor complex. ..
- Plun Favreau H, Elson G, Chabbert M, Froger J, Delapeyriere O, Lelievre E, et al. The ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha component induces the secretion of and is required for functional responses to cardiotrophin-like cytokine. EMBO J. 2001;20:1692-703 pubmed..inhibitory factor receptor (LIFR), associated with a non-signalling CNTF binding receptor alpha component (CNTFR). CNTFR-deficient mice show profound neuronal deficits at birth, leading to a lethal phenotype...
- Lee N, Robitz R, Zurbrugg R, Karpman A, Mahler A, Cronier S, et al. Conditional, genetic disruption of ciliary neurotrophic factor receptors reveals a role in adult motor neuron survival. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:2830-7 pubmed publisher..The data further indicate that this role is independent of any developmental contributions CNTF receptor signaling makes to MN survival or function. ..
- Clatterbuck R, Price D, Koliatsos V. Ciliary neurotrophic factor prevents retrograde neuronal death in the adult central nervous system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:2222-6 pubmed..The present findings establish that CNTF has significant effects on neurons of the central nervous system in vivo and demonstrate that neurocytokines can prevent cell death in the adult central nervous system. ..
- Stahl N, Davis S, Wong V, Taga T, Kishimoto T, Ip N, et al. Cross-linking identifies leukemia inhibitory factor-binding protein as a ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor component. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:7628-31 pubmed..However, cross-linking of CNTF to LIFR beta and gp130 is only observed in the presence of CNTFR alpha. These and other data show that the two known LIF receptor components are recruited by CNTF and CNTFR alpha to ..
- Askvig J, Leiphon L, Watt J. Neuronal activity and axonal sprouting differentially regulate CNTF and CNTF receptor complex in the rat supraoptic nucleus. Exp Neurol. 2012;233:243-52 pubmed publisher..Concomitant with this response is an increase in ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) and CNTF receptor alpha (CNTFR?) expression in the contralateral non-uninjured SON from which the axonal outgrowth occurs...
- Ip N, McClain J, Barrezueta N, Aldrich T, Pan L, Li Y, et al. The alpha component of the CNTF receptor is required for signaling and defines potential CNTF targets in the adult and during development. Neuron. 1993;10:89-102 pubmed..acting cytokine, leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), but that CNTF also requires a third receptor component (CNTFR alpha) that is mostly restricted to the nervous system in its expression...
- Lee N, Batt M, Cronier B, Jackson M, Bruno Garza J, Trinh D, et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor regulation of adult forebrain neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2013;33:1241-58 pubmed publisher..Disruption of in vivo CNTF receptor signaling in SVZ NSP cells, with a "floxed" CNTF receptor ? (CNTFR?) mouse line and a gene construct driving Cre recombinase (Cre) expression in NSP cells, led to increases in SVZ-..
- Jeong K, Nam J, Jin B, Kim S. Activation of CNTF/CNTFRÎ± signaling pathway by hRheb(S16H) transduction of dopaminergic neurons in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121803 pubmed publisher..Its effects are primarily mediated via CNTF receptor Î± (CNTFRÎ±)...
- Ozog M, Bernier S, Bates D, Chatterjee B, Lo C, Naus C. The complex of ciliary neurotrophic factor-ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha up-regulates connexin43 and intercellular coupling in astrocytes via the Janus tyrosine kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4761-74 pubmed..Murine cortical astrocytes matured in vitro were treated with CNTF (20 ng/ml), soluble ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor alpha (CNTFRalpha) (200 ng/ml), or CNTF-CNTFRalpha...