Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cnr1
Description: cannabinoid receptor 1 (brain)
Alias: SKR6R, CB-R, CB1, brain-type cannabinoid receptor, cannabinoid receptor 1
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Anandamide-induced cell death: dual effects in primary rat decidual cell culturesB M Fonseca
Serviço de Bioquímica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Placenta 30:686-92. 2009..Moreover, these effects were attenuated by AM251, a selective antagonist for the cannabinoid receptor CB1. High concentrations induced a dramatic effect in cell viability and morphology, though methyl-beta-cyclodextrin (..
- An essential role for constitutive endocytosis, but not activity, in the axonal targeting of the CB1 cannabinoid receptorNeil A McDonald
Neurosciences Institute, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 71:976-84. 2007..These data are consistent with a revised model in which domain-specific endocytosis regulates the functional polarization of CB(1) receptors, but this process is distinct from constitutive activity...
- Structure of a cannabinoid receptor and functional expression of the cloned cDNAL A Matsuda
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Nature 346:561-4. 1990..These findings suggest that this protein is involved in cannabinoid-induced CNS effects (including alterations in mood and cognition) experienced by users of marijuana...
- The cannabinoid receptor-1 antagonist rimonabant inhibits platelet activation and reduces pro-inflammatory chemokines and leukocytes in Zucker ratsA Schafer
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University Hospital Wurzburg, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 154:1047-54. 2008..We investigated the effect of rimonabant on inflammation and enhanced platelet reactivity in type 2 diabetic Zucker rats, an experimental model of impaired glucose tolerance and the metabolic syndrome...
- Differential effects of the antidepressants tranylcypromine and fluoxetine on limbic cannabinoid receptor binding and endocannabinoid contentsMatthew N Hill
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
J Neural Transm 115:1673-9. 2008..These data suggest that monoaminergic neurotransmission can regulate the endocannabinoid system and further indicates a role of the endocannabinoid system in affective illness and its treatment...
- Activation of CB1 cannabinoid receptors impairs memory consolidation and hippocampal polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule expression in contextual fear conditioningM Mackowiak
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuroscience 158:1708-16. 2009We investigated the role of CB1 receptors in hippocampal-dependent memory consolidation mediated by polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule (PSA-NCAM) during contextual fear conditioning (CFC)...
- Acute hypertension reveals depressor and vasodilator effects of cannabinoids in conscious ratsW S Vanessa Ho
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Pharmacol 156:94-104. 2009..The cardiovascular effects of cannabinoids can be influenced by anaesthesia and can differ in chronic hypertension, but the extent to which they are influenced by acute hypertension in conscious animals has not been determined...
- Antagonism of the cannabinoid CB-1 receptor protects rat liver against ischaemia-reperfusion injury complicated by endotoxaemiaP Caraceni
Department of Clinical Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Gut 58:1135-43. 2009..Thus, we aimed to determine the effect of the endocannabinoid CB1-receptor antagonist Rimonabant in a model of hepatic IR injury complicated by endotoxaemia.
- Reciprocal inhibition of G-protein signaling is induced by CB(1) cannabinoid and GABA(B) receptor interactions in rat hippocampal membranesResat Cinar
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, Hungary
Neurochem Int 52:1402-9. 2008....
- Pharmacological evaluation of LH-21, a newly discovered molecule that binds to cannabinoid CB1 receptorRichard Z Chen
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 584:338-42. 2008..was previously reported as a neutral antagonist at the cannabinoid CB1 receptor which, despite its reported poor ability to penetrate into the brain, suppressed food intake and body ..
- Hippocampal interneurons co-express transcripts encoding the alpha7 nicotinic receptor subunit and the cannabinoid receptor 1M Morales
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Cellular Neurophysiology Section, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroscience 152:70-81. 2008..Both the alpha7 nACh receptor and the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) are highly expressed in the hippocampus...
- CB1 receptor-mediated control of the release of endocannabinoids (as assessed by microdialysis coupled with LC/MS) in the rat hypothalamusFrédéric Béquet
Discovery Analytics, sanofi aventis R and D, 195 route d Espagne, BP1169 31036 Toulouse cedex 1, France
Eur J Neurosci 26:3458-64. 2007In the present study, we examined the occurrence and potential regulation of endocannabinoid release by cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the rat brain...
- The effect of CB(1) receptor antagonism in the right basolateral amygdala on conditioned fear and associated analgesia in ratsMichelle Roche
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, NCBES Neuroscience Cluster and Center for Pain Research, National University of Ireland, Galway, University Road, Galway, Ireland
Eur J Neurosci 26:2643-53. 2007..The results also enhance our understanding of endocannabinoid-monoamine interactions of relevance to conditioned fear and associated analgesia...
- A neutral CB1 receptor antagonist reduces weight gain in ratAdam P Chambers
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2185-93. 2007..Here, we examine the effect of a neutral CB1 antagonist, AM4113, on food intake, weight gain, and emesis...
- Mechanisms for the coupling of cannabinoid receptors to intracellular calcium mobilization in rat insulinoma beta-cellsLuciano De Petrocellis
Endocannabinoid Research Group, Institute of Cybernetics, National Research Council, Via Campi Flegrei 34, Comprensorio Olivetti, 80078 Pozzuoli, Naples, Italy
Exp Cell Res 313:2993-3004. 2007..These results suggest that, in RIN m5F cells, CB(1) receptors are coupled to PI-PLC-mediated mobilization of [Ca(2+)](i) and might inhibit bombesin signaling...
- Bidirectional regulation of mu-opioid and CB1-cannabinoid receptor in rats self-administering heroin or WIN 55,212-2Liana Fattore
Institute of Neuroscience, National Research Council CNR, Section of Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 25:2191-200. 2007..either heroin or the cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN 55,212-2 on levels and functionality of mu-opioid (MOR) and CB1-cannabinoid receptors (CB1R) in reward-related brain areas, such as the prefrontal cortex (PFC), nucleus accumbens (..
- Negative chronotropic effect of cannabinoids and their water-soluble emulsion is related to activation of cardiac CB1 receptorsA V Krylatov
Institute of Cardiology, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Tomsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 142:450-3. 2006..Selective CB1 and CB2 receptor antagonist HU-210 also induced a negative chronotropic effect in rats, while pre-injection of CB1 ..
- Genetic variations at the endocannabinoid type 1 receptor gene (CNR1) are associated with obesity phenotypes in menPaola Russo
Unit of Epidemiology and Population Genetics, Institute of Food Sciences, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, via Roma 52A C, Avellino, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2382-6. 2007..The endocannabinoid system modulates food intake and body weight in animal models. Treatment with the cannabinoid type 1 receptor blocker, rimonabant, reduces body weight in obese individuals...
- Chronic stress differentially regulates cannabinoid CB1 receptor binding in distinct hippocampal subfieldsMatthew N Hill
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 614:66-9. 2009....
- Differential effects of chronic unpredictable stress on hippocampal CB1 receptors in male and female ratsChristian G Reich
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Behav Brain Res 203:264-9. 2009Chronic unpredictable mild stress (CMS), an animal model of depression, downregulates hippocampal CB1 receptors in adult male rats...
- The hypothermic response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide critically depends on brain CB1, but not CB2 or TRPV1, receptorsAlexandre A Steiner
St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
J Physiol 589:2415-31. 2011..lipopolysaccharide (LPS) is modulated by the endocannabinoid anandamide(AEA) and its receptors: cannabinoid-1 (CB1), cannabinoid-2 (CB2) and transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 (TRPV1)...
- Physical exercise in adolescence changes CB1 cannabinoid receptor expression in the rat brainSergio Gomes da Silva
Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurochem Int 57:492-6. 2010..would promote changes the brain endocannabinoid system, we investigated the cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) expression in the brain of rats trained during the adolescent period...
- CB1 cannabinoid receptor expression is regulated by glucose and feeding in rat pancreatic isletsAlonso Vilches-Flores
Unidad de Biomedicina, FES Iztacala, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Av de los Barrios 1, Los Reyes Iztacala, C P 54090, Tlalnepantla, Mexico
Regul Pept 163:81-7. 2010..Beside the hypothalamus, pancreatic islet also expresses CB1 cannabinoid receptor, however little is known about its physiological role and regulation...
- Expression of cannabinoid CB1 receptors by vagal afferent neurons: kinetics and role in influencing neurochemical phenotypeGalina Burdyga
Physiological Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, Univ of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 3BX, UK
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G63-9. 2010..Expression of CB1 in rat VAN was detectable by in situ hybridization or immunohistochemistry after 6 h of fasting and increased to a ..
- Diabetic thermal hyperalgesia: role of TRPV1 and CB1 receptors of periaqueductal grayAhmad Mohammadi-Farani
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Brain Res 1328:49-56. 2010..if diabetic hyperalgesia is related to changes in Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) or Cannabinoid CB1 receptors of periaqueductal gray (PAG)...
- Cannabinoid 1 receptor and interleukin-6 receptor together induce integration of protein kinase and transcription factor signaling to trigger neurite outgrowthYana Zorina
Department of Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 285:1358-70. 2010..These results provide a mechanism where multiple protein kinases and transcription factors interact to integrate signals from G protein-coupled and cytokine receptor to evoke neurite outgrowth in Neuro2A cells...
- Palatable high-energy diet decreases the expression of cannabinoid type 1 receptor messenger RNA in specific brain regions in the ratE Timofeeva
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, l Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Neuroendocrinol 21:982-92. 2009..Altogether, the present results demonstrate that long-term PHED leads to an increase in the hypothalamic expression of SOCS-3 mRNA and a decrease in expression of CB1R mRNA in the Cg cortex and specific hypothalamic regions...
- Sub-chronic administration of AM251, CB1 receptor antagonist, within the nucleus accumbens induced sensitization to morphine in the ratAbbas Haghparast
Neuroscience Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University, M C, P O Box 19615 1178, Tehran, Iran
Neurosci Lett 467:43-7. 2009It seems that there is a cross-talk between the cannabinoid CB1 and opioid receptors in the process of sensitization to opiates...
- Two opposite effects of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol on subthalamic nucleus neuron activity: involvement of GABAergic and glutamatergic neurotransmissionTeresa Morera-Herreras
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, University of the Basque Country, E 48940, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
Synapse 64:20-9. 2010Activation of CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the basal ganglia interferes with movement regulation...
- Spinal endocannabinoids and CB1 receptors mediate C-fiber-induced heterosynaptic pain sensitizationAlejandro J Pernia-Andrade
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 325:760-4. 2009..We found that endocannabinoids, produced upon strong nociceptive stimulation, activated type 1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptors on inhibitory dorsal horn neurons to reduce the synaptic release of gamma-aminobutyric acid and glycine ..
- The CB1 antagonist rimonabant decreases insulin hypersecretion in rat pancreatic isletsLisa Getty-Kaushik
Obesity Research Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1856-60. 2009..The CB1 receptor antagonist, Rimonabant, has been shown to improve glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity in vivo but ..
- The effect of leptin receptor deficiency and fasting on cannabinoid receptor 1 mRNA expression in the rat hypothalamus, brainstem and nodose ganglionJacob Jelsing
Rheoscience A S, Rødovre, Denmark Gubra, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurosci Lett 463:125-9. 2009..control of appetite, food intake and energy balance, relatively little is known about the regulation of cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB(1)R) expression in respect to leptin signalling and fasting...
- Evidences of cannabinoids-induced modulation of paroxysmal events in an experimental model of partial epilepsy in the ratValerio Rizzo
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Fisiologia umana G Pagano, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Corso Tukory, 129 90134 Palermo, Italy
Neurosci Lett 462:135-9. 2009....
- Effects of chronic treatment with the CB1 antagonist, rimonabant on the blood pressure, and vascular reactivity of obese Zucker ratsCarmen Mingorance
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1340-7. 2009Rimonabant (RM) is a cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist useful in the treatment of obesity associated cardiovascular risk factors...
- Discovery of 2-[5-(4-chloro-phenyl)-1-(2,4-dichloro-phenyl)-4-ethyl-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]-1,5,5-trimethyl-1,5-dihydro-imidazol-4-thione (BPR-890) via an active metabolite. A novel, potent and selective cannabinoid-1 receptor inverse agonist with high antiobesiChien Huang Wu
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County 35053, Taiwan, ROC
J Med Chem 52:4496-510. 2009..further structural modifications led to the identification of the titled compound 24 (BPR-890) as a highly potent CB1 inverse agonist possessing an excellent CB2/1 selectivity and remarkable in vivo efficacy in diet-induced obese ..
- CB1 cannabinoid receptor participates in the vascular hyporeactivity resulting from hemorrhagic shock in ratsLi chao Hou
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710032, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:950-4. 2009..The present study was designed to examine whether the CB1 cannabinoid receptor (CB1R) was involved in the development of vascular hyporeactivity in rats suffering from ..
- Cannabinoid 1 receptor activation inhibits transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 receptor-mediated cationic influx into rat cultured primary sensory neuronsA Mahmud
Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London SW10 9NH, UK
Neuroscience 162:1202-11. 2009....
- Expression of type-1 cannabinoid receptor during rat postnatal testicular development: possible involvement in adult leydig cell differentiationGiovanna Cacciola
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, 80138 Napoli, Italy
Biol Reprod 79:758-65. 2008..Two types of CNRs have been cloned, CNR1 (central) and CNR2 (peripheral)...
- No evidence for an involvement of variants in the cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) in obesity in German children and adolescentsTimo Dirk Müller
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, 45147 Essen, Germany
Mol Genet Metab 90:429-34. 2007Studies in rodent models demonstrated that the central cannabinoid receptor (Cnr1) mediates the orexigenic effects of cannabinoids...
- Neuronal and astrocytic localization of the cannabinoid receptor-1 in the dorsal horn of the rat spinal cordChiara Salio
CNRS UMR 7101, Neurobiologie des Signaux Intercellulaires, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 7 quai Saint Bernard, 75252 Cedex 05, Paris, France
Neurosci Lett 329:13-6. 2002Cannabinoids are involved in the control of pain at the spinal level through the cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1) localized pre- and postsynaptically on primary afferent fibres and dorsal horn interneurones, respectively...
- Endocannabinoids acting at cannabinoid-1 receptors regulate cardiovascular function in hypertensionSandor Batkai
Laboratory of Physiologic Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8115, USA
Circulation 110:1996-2002. 2004..Endocannabinoids are novel lipid mediators with hypotensive and cardiodepressor activity. Here, we examined the possible role of the endocannabinergic system in cardiovascular regulation in hypertension...
- Subchronic haloperidol increases CB(1) receptor binding and G protein coupling in discrete regions of the basal gangliaMikael Andersson
Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Section for Histology and Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Neurosci Res 82:264-72. 2005..The results help to elucidate the underlying biochemical mechanism of CB(1) receptor supersensitivity after haloperidol treatment...
- Down-regulation of cannabinoid-1 (CB-1) receptors in specific extrahypothalamic regions of rats with dietary obesity: a role for endogenous cannabinoids in driving appetite for palatable food?Joanne A Harrold
Diabetes Endocrinology Research Group, Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
Brain Res 952:232-8. 2002..However, cannabinoids in the hypothalamus do not appear to influence this aspect of eating behaviour...
- Homology model of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor: sites critical for nonclassical cannabinoid agonist interactionJoong Youn Shim
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Biopolymers 71:169-89. 2003..The present study provides a consistent framework for further investigation of the CB(1) receptor-ligand interaction and for the study of CB(1) receptor activation...
- Potential role of the cannabinoid receptor CB1 in rapid eye movement sleep reboundL Navarro
Grupo de Neurociencias, Departamento de Fisiologia, Apdo Postal 70 250, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico, Mexico
Neuroscience 120:855-9. 2003..One group deprived of REM sleep was treated with SR141716A, a cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) receptor antagonist and then allowed to sleep for the next 4 h...
- Evidence for an interaction between CB1 cannabinoid and melanocortin MCR-4 receptors in regulating food intakeA N A Verty
School of Psychology, University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales 2351, Australia
Endocrinology 145:3224-31. 2004..These results further suggested that CB(1) receptors are located downstream from melanocortin receptors and CB(1) receptor signaling is necessary to prevent the melanocortin system from altering food intake...
- Upregulation of spinal cannabinoid-1-receptors following nerve injury enhances the effects of Win 55,212-2 on neuropathic pain behaviors in ratsGrewo Lim
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, MGH Pain Center, WACC 324, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pain 105:275-83. 2003..These results indicate that upregulation of spinal CB1Rs following peripheral nerve injury may contribute to the therapeutic effects of exogenous cannabinoids on neuropathic pain...
- Mediation of amphetamine-induced long-term depression of synaptic transmission by CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the rat amygdalaYa Chun Huang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Neurosci 23:10311-20. 2003..by dopamine, serotonin 1A, and norepinephrine alpha2 receptor antagonists but is blocked by the cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist AM251...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor and serotonin 3 receptor subunit A (5-HT3A) are co-expressed in GABA neurons in the rat telencephalonMarisela Morales
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Cellular Neurophysiology, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Comp Neurol 468:205-16. 2004..histochemistry, we found co-expression of the functional 5-HT3A subunit of the 5-HT3 receptor and the central CB1 cannabinoid receptor in neurons of the rat telencephalon...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor protein expression in the rat choroid plexus: a possible involvement of cannabinoids in the regulation of cerebrospinal fluidJohn C Ashton
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Neurosci Lett 364:40-2. 2004Cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the brain are expressed on axon terminals presynaptic to neurons that express fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH). Postsynaptic FAAH catabolizes endocannabinoids which act as short-range transmitters...
- Lipid rafts control signaling of type-1 cannabinoid receptors in neuronal cells. Implications for anandamide-induced apoptosisMonica Bari
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, 64100 Teramo, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:12212-20. 2005..Altogether, the present data suggest that lipid rafts control CB1R binding and signaling, and that CB1R activation underlies the protective effect of MCD against apoptosis...
- Involvement of CB1-receptors and beta-adrenoceptors in the regional hemodynamic responses to lipopolysaccharide infusion in conscious ratsS M Gardiner
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H2280-8. 2005..kg(-1).h(-1)) in conscious, male Sprague-Dawley rats, in the absence or presence of the cannabinoid (CB1) receptor antagonist AM-251 (3 mg/kg)...
- An endogenous capsaicin-like substance with high potency at recombinant and native vanilloid VR1 receptorsSusan M Huang
Departments of Psychology and Neuroscience, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8400-5. 2002..5 +/- 0.3 microg). Our data demonstrate the existence of a brain substance similar to capsaicin not only with respect to its chemical structure but also to its potency at VR1 receptors...
- CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors are implicated in inflammatory painN Clayton
Department of Neurology, GlaxoWellcome Research and Development Ltd, Gunnels Wood Road, SG1 2NY, Stevenage, UK
Pain 96:253-60. 2002..p. (in the carrageenan model). The selective CB1 antagonist, AM281 (0.5 microg/kg-1 i.p.) reversed effects of HU210 (10 and 30 microg/kg-1 i.p...
- Endogenous cannabinoids mediate retrograde signalling at hippocampal synapsesR I Wilson
Nature 410:588-92. 2001Marijuana affects brain function primarily by activating the G-protein-coupled cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1), which is expressed throughout the brain at high levels...
- Cannabinoid receptor-mediated inhibition of calcium signaling in rat retinal ganglion cellsMelanie R Lalonde
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Mol Vis 12:1160-6. 2006..Here we investigate the actions of CB(1)R activation on high-voltage-activated (HVA) Ca(2+) channel currents in purified cultures of rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- Determination of the cannabinoid receptors in mouse x rat hybridoma NG108-15 cells and rat GH4C1 cellsB Y Ho
Department of Pharmacology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Neurosci Lett 212:123-6. 1996..The CB1 but not the CB2 or CB1A cannabinoid receptor was found in both cell lines...
- Cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1): association with i.v. drug useD E Comings
Department of Medical Genetics, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mol Psychiatry 2:161-8. 1997..A microsatellite polymorphism (AAT)n at the cannabinoid CB1 (brain) receptor gene (CNR1) consists of 9 alleles...
- CB1 receptors diminish both Ca(2+) influx and glutamate release through two different mechanisms active in distinct populations of cerebrocortical nerve terminalsMaría Del Carmen Godino
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Neurochem 101:1471-82. 2007..Furthermore, Ca(2+) imaging of single boutons demonstrated that the two pre-synaptic mechanisms by which cannabinoid receptors reduce glutamate release operate in distinct populations of nerve terminals...
- The CB1 cannabinoid receptor is the major cannabinoid receptor at excitatory presynaptic sites in the hippocampus and cerebellumYoshinobu Kawamura
Department of Cellular Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
J Neurosci 26:2991-3001. 2006..It is generally accepted that the CB1 cannabinoid receptor (CB1) mediates the effects of endocannabinoid in inhibitory synapses...
- Schizophrenia and the cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1): association study using a single-base polymorphism in coding exon 1S Leroy
INSERM E 0117 Université Paris V, Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet 105:749-52. 2001..Cannabinoid receptor (CB1) is particularly concentrated in dopamine-modulated areas of the nervous system...
- Integrated cannabinoid CB1 receptor transmission within the amygdala-prefrontal cortical pathway modulates neuronal plasticity and emotional memory encodingHuibing Tan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Schulich School of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Cereb Cortex 20:1486-96. 2010The cannabinoid CB1 receptor system is functionally involved in the processing and encoding of emotionally salient sensory information, learning and memory...
- Effects of rimonabant on the reinstatement of nicotine-conditioned place preference by drug priming in ratsGrazyna Biala
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Lublin, 4 Staszica Street, 20 081 Lublin, Poland
Behav Brain Res 202:260-5. 2009..Furthermore, the objective of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy of CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist rimonabant (0.5, 1 and 2mg/kg, i.p...
- Acute activation of CB1 cannabinoid receptors transiently decreases PSA-NCAM expression in the dentate gyrus of the rat hippocampusMarzena Mackowiak
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Brain Biostructure, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343 Krakow, 12 Smetna Street, Poland
Brain Res 1148:43-52. 2007..On the other hand, CB1 receptor activation is known to disturb some hippocampal processes involving plastic changes, such as learning and ..
- Retroinhibition of presynaptic Ca2+ currents by endocannabinoids released via postsynaptic mGluR activation at a calyx synapseChristopher Kushmerick
The Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Neurosci 24:5955-65. 2004We investigated the mechanisms by which activation of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) and CB1 cannabinoid receptors (CB1Rs) leads to inhibition of synaptic currents at the calyx of Held synapse in the medial nucleus of ..
- Molecular interaction of the antagonist N-(piperidin-1-yl)-5-(4-chlorophenyl)-1- (2,4-dichlorophenyl)-4-methyl-1H-pyrazole-3-carboxamide with the CB1 cannabinoid receptorJoong Youn Shim
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
J Med Chem 45:1447-59. 2002..SR141716; 1) is a potent and selective antagonist for the CB1 cannabinoid receptor...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptors in rat medial prefrontal cortex are colocalized with calbindin- but not parvalbumin- and calretinin-positive GABA-ergic neuronsKrzysztof Wedzony
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Brain Biostructure, Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, Pl 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 61:1000-7. 2009In the present study, we investigate putative localization of cannabinoid receptors 1 (CB1) protein on a population of cortical gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) - positive interneurons characterized by expression of calcium-binding ..
- Endocannabinoid signaling is required for development and critical period plasticity of the whisker map in somatosensory cortexLu Li
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Neuron 64:537-49. 2009Type 1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptors mediate widespread synaptic plasticity, but how this contributes to systems-level plasticity and development in vivo is unclear...
- The CB1 receptor agonist, WIN 55,212-2, dose-dependently disrupts object recognition memory in adult ratsJean Ha Baek
Dept of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
Neurosci Lett 464:71-3. 2009..These results suggest that WIN can interfere with object recognition memory even in adult rats following a single injection of a low dose...
- Endogenous cannabinoids induce fever through the activation of CB1 receptorsD Fraga
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 157:1494-501. 2009..Co., St. Louis, MO, USA) were investigated...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor stimulation affords neuroprotection in MPTP-induced neurotoxicity by attenuating S100B up-regulation in vitroTeresa Iuvone
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Naples Federico II, via D Montesano, 49, 80131, Naples, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:1379-92. 2007..Treatment with arachidonyl-2-chloroethylamide, a CB1 agonist, significantly inhibited MPTP-induced S100B density in C6 cells and protected co-cultured PC12 cells from ..
- Effects of the cannabinoid CB1 antagonist rimonabant on hepatic mitochondrial function in rats fed a high-fat dietMélissa Flamment
INSERM U694, CHU Angers, 4 rue Larrey, Angers, F 49033 France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E1162-70. 2009..However, this increase of mitochondrial oxidation is regulated by a decrease of ATP synthase activity in order to have only ATP required for the cell function...
- Food intake-independent effects of CB1 antagonism on glucose and lipid metabolismDaniela Cota
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Genome Research Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1641-5. 2009..Conversely, administration of cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) antagonists reduces adiposity in obese animals and humans...
- The cannabinoid agonist WIN55,212-2 increases intracellular calcium via CB1 receptor coupling to Gq/11 G proteinsJane E Lauckner
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Neurobiology and Behavior Graduate Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:19144-9. 2005..In summary, these results suggest that WIN stabilizes CB(1) receptors in a conformation that enables G(q) signaling, thus shifting the G protein specificity of the receptor...
- Attenuation of cue-induced heroin-seeking behavior by cannabinoid CB1 antagonist infusions into the nucleus accumbens core and prefrontal cortex, but not basolateral amygdalaLily Alvarez-Jaimes
Committee on the Neurobiology of Addictive Disorders, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2483-93. 2008..These findings provide new insights into the neural mechanisms through which CB(1) receptors modulate the motivational properties of heroin-associated cues inducing relapse...
- The role of the cannabinoid type 1 receptor and down-stream cAMP/DARPP-32 signal in the nucleus accumbens of methamphetamine-sensitized ratsYao Chang Chiang
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University and Molecular Imaging Center, Chang Gung Hospital, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neurochem 103:2505-17. 2007..Overall, we demonstrated that brain CB(1) receptor and its down-stream cAMP/DARPP-32/T34/PP-2B signaling are profoundly altered in methamphetamine-sensitized animals...
- Anti-dyskinetic effects of cannabinoids in a rat model of Parkinson's disease: role of CB(1) and TRPV1 receptorsMaria Grazia Morgese
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Foggia, Viale Luigi Pinto 1, 71100 Foggia, Italy
Exp Neurol 208:110-9. 2007..Our data indicate that pharmacological blockade of TRPV1 receptors unmasks the anti-dyskinetic effects of FAAH inhibitors and that CB(1) and TRPV1 receptors play opposite roles in levodopa-induced dyskinesias...
- Local enhancement of cannabinoid CB1 receptor signalling in the dorsal hippocampus elicits an antidepressant-like effectRyan J McLaughlin
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Behav Pharmacol 18:431-8. 2007Systemic administration of direct cannabinoid CB1 receptor agonists and inhibitors of the hydrolytic enzyme fatty acid amide hydrolase have been shown to elicit antidepressant effects...
- Endocannabinoids acting at CB1 receptors mediate the cardiac contractile dysfunction in vivo in cirrhotic ratsSandor Batkai
Section on Neuroendocrinology, Laboratory of Physiological Studies, NIAAA, National Institutes of Health, MSC 9413, Rm 2N17, 5625 Fishers Lane, Bethesda, MD 20892 9413, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1689-95. 2007....
- Opposing control of cannabinoid receptor stimulation on amyloid-beta-induced reactive gliosis: in vitro and in vivo evidenceGiuseppe Esposito
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:1144-52. 2007..Immunohistochemical and biochemical findings revealed that selective agonism at CB1 and antagonism at CB2 receptors was able to blunt A beta-induced reactive astrogliosis with subsequent ..
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonists cause status epilepticus-like activity in the hippocampal neuronal culture model of acquired epilepsyLaxmikant S Deshpande
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Neurosci Lett 411:11-6. 2007..regulate synaptic transmission and dampen seizure activity via activation of the presynaptic cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1)...
- Colocalization of CB1 receptors with L1 and GAP-43 in forebrain white matter regions during fetal rat brain development: evidence for a role of these receptors in axonal growth and guidanceM Gomez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 153:687-99. 2008....
- GABAB and CB1 cannabinoid receptor expression identifies two types of septal cholinergic neuronsGábor Nyiri
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, 1083, Szigony u 43, Hungary
Eur J Neurosci 21:3034-42. 2005..The results also suggest that cholinergic transmission in the hippocampus is fine-tuned by endocannabinoid signalling...
- Cannabinoid receptors are localized to noradrenergic axon terminals in the rat frontal cortexVeronica C Oropeza
Department of Neurosurgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Farber Institute for Neurosciences, 900 Walnut St, Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Brain Res 1127:36-44. 2007..In an effort to elucidate whether cannabinoid (CB1) receptors are positioned to presynaptically modulate norepinephrine release in the frontal cortex, ..
- Early maternal deprivation induces gender-dependent changes on the expression of hippocampal CB(1) and CB(2) cannabinoid receptors of neonatal ratsJuan Suarez
Laboratorio de Medicina Regenerativa, Fundacion IMABIS, Hospital Carlos Haya, 29010 Malaga, Spain
Hippocampus 19:623-32. 2009..The present MD procedure may provide an interesting experimental model to further address the role of the ECS in neurodevelopmental mental illnesses such as schizophrenia...
- Prevention of Alzheimer's disease pathology by cannabinoids: neuroprotection mediated by blockade of microglial activationBelén G Ramirez
Neurodegeneration Group, Cajal Institute, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci 25:1904-13. 2005..Here, we show that senile plaques in AD patients express cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2, together with markers of microglial activation, and that CB1-positive neurons, present in high numbers in ..
- CB1 receptor knockout mice are hyporesponsive to the behavior-stimulating actions of d-amphetamine: role of mGlu5 receptorsEleni T Tzavara
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Neuroscience Discovery Research, Indianapolis, IN 46285 0510, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 19:196-204. 2009Blockade of the cannabinoid CB1 receptors (CB1R) has been shown to reduce psychostimulant-induced hyperactivity, an effect that we sought to further characterize here...
- D2 receptor-mediated inhibition of dopamine release in the rat striatum in vitro is modulated by CB1 receptors: studies using fast cyclic voltammetryCarmel O'Neill
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science, UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Neurochem 108:545-51. 2009..These effects were also antagonized by AM-251 (1 microM). This is the first report demonstrating a functional, antagonistic interaction between CB(1) receptors and D(2) autoreceptors in regulating rat striatal dopamine release...
- Cannabinoid type 1 receptor antagonism delays ascites formation in rats with cirrhosisMarco Domenicali
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Alma Mater Studiorum Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Gastroenterology 137:341-9. 2009..Whether this favors renal sodium retention and ascites formation is unknown. We determined whether cannabinoid type 1 receptor antagonism prevents sodium retention and ascites formation in preascitic cirrhotic rats...
- Identification of cannabinoid type 1 receptor expressing cocaine amphetamine-regulated transcript neurons in the rat hypothalamus and brainstem using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistryJ Jelsing
Rheoscience A S, Basic Research, Glerupvej 2, Rødovre, Denmark
Neuroscience 154:641-52. 2008..that the neuropeptide cocaine amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) may be a downstream mediator of the effect of CB1 receptor antagonist on appetite regulation...
- Immunohistochemical localization of cannabinoid CB1 receptor in inhibitory interneurons in the cerebellumJohn C Ashton
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Cerebellum 3:222-6. 2004..contribute to cannabinoid-mediated cerebellar plasticity, consistent with the intense expression of cannabinoid CB1 receptor protein in the cerebellar molecular layer...
- The lack of CB1 receptors prevents neuroadapatations of both NMDA and GABA(A) receptors after chronic ethanol exposureVincent Warnault
Equipe Région INSERM 24 ERI24, Groupe de Recherche sur l Alcool et les Pharmacodépendances, Universite de Picardie Jules Verne, Faculte de Pharmacie, Amiens, France, and IFR 114, Lille, France
J Neurochem 102:741-52. 2007As the contribution of cannabinoid (CB1) receptors in the neuroadaptations following chronic alcohol exposure is unknown, we investigated the neuroadaptations induced by chronic alcohol exposure on both NMDA and GABA(A) receptors in CB1-/..
- Expression and biological effects of CB1 cannabinoid receptor in rat parotid glandLucila Busch
Pharmacology Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires and Argentine National Research 2142, 4to B 1122AAH Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biochem Pharmacol 68:1767-74. 2004..These effects were blocked by the CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist, AM281...
- Site-specific increases in peripheral cannabinoid receptors and their endogenous ligands in a model of neuropathic painSomsak Mitrirattanakul
Division of Oral Biology and Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Pain 126:102-14. 2006Selective activation of the peripheral cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) has been shown to suppress neuropathic pain symptoms in rodents...
- Cannabinoids and dopamine receptors' action on calcium current in rat neuronsC Vasquez
Centro Universitario de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad de Colima, Colonia Villa de San Sebastián, Colima, CP, Mexico
Can J Neurol Sci 32:529-37. 2005..To study the effects of cannabinoid, glutamate, and dopamine agonists and antagonists on the calcium current rat sympathetic neurons...
- Evidence for functional CB1 cannabinoid receptor expressed in the rat thyroidAnna Porcella
CNR Institute of Neurogenetics and Neuropharmacology, Cagliari, Monserrato, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 147:255-61. 2002..The aim of this study was to characterize the CB1 functional expression in the rat thyroid by a multi-methods approach.
- Effects of a cannabinoid receptor (CB) 1 antagonist AM251 on behavioral sensitization to nicotine in a rat model of novelty-seeking behavior: correlation with hippocampal 5HTAmrinder S Bhatti
Department of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Charles E Schmidt College of Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, 33431, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:23-32. 2009....
- Hippocampal cannabinoid-1 receptor upregulation upon endothelin-B receptor deficiency: a neuroprotective substitution effect?Christian Unzicker
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, Gottingen, Germany
Neurochem Res 30:1305-9. 2005..ETB-receptor deficiency, we studied the expression and function of another neuroprotective system, the cannabinoid CB1-receptors, in ETB-deficient hippocampus...
- Type 1 diabetes alters brain cannabinoid receptor expression and phosphorylation status in ratsC Díaz-Asensio
Department of Physiology, School of Pharmacy, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain
Horm Metab Res 40:454-8. 2008..Western blot and immunocytochemistry were used to measure CB1 and phosphorylated CB1 receptor expression in several prosencephalic regions in streptozotocin-induced type 1 ..
- CB1 Receptors: Cocaine Reinforcement and RelapseSara Ward; Fiscal Year: 2007..For example, mice in which the CB1 receptor has been altered can be used to assess the role of these receptors in the reinforcing effects of drugs of ..