Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cnn1
Description: calponin 1
Alias: calponin-1, basic calponin, calponin 1, basic, smooth muscle, calponin 1, smooth muscle, calponin H1, smooth muscle
- Castro M, Cena J, Cho W, Walsh M, Schulz R. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 proteolysis of calponin-1 contributes to vascular hypocontractility in endotoxemic rats. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:662-8 pubmed publisher..In vitro incubation of calponin-1 with MMP-2 led to calponin-1 degradation and appearance of its cleavage product. Calponin-1 is a target of MMP-2, which contributes to endotoxemia-induced vascular hypocontractility. ..
- Liu Y, Deng B, Zhao Y, Xie S, Nie R. Differentiated markers in undifferentiated cells: expression of smooth muscle contractile proteins in multipotent bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Dev Growth Differ. 2013;55:591-605 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that an extensive study of the cell physiology of MSCs should focus on the functional roles for these proteins, rather than simply regard them as differentiated markers. ..
- Ferhat L, Esclapez M, Represa A, Fattoum A, Shirao T, Ben Ari Y. Increased levels of acidic calponin during dendritic spine plasticity after pilocarpine-induced seizures. Hippocampus. 2003;13:845-58 pubmed..Altogether, these results are consistent with an involvement of acidic calponin in dendritic spine plasticity. ..
- Kaneko M, Takeoka M, Oguchi M, Koganehira Y, Murata H, Ehara T, et al. Calponin h1 suppresses tumor growth of Src-induced transformed 3Y1 cells in association with a decrease in angiogenesis. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2002;93:935-43 pubmed..These results suggest that CNh1 plays a role as tumor suppressor in SR-3Y1 mainly by decreasing VEGF expression and angiogenesis in vivo and partially through reducing cellular proliferative potential and cell motility. ..
- Belo V, Parente J, Tanus Santos J, Castro M. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 decreases calponin-1 levels and contributes to arterial remodeling in early hypertension. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;118:50-58 pubmed publisher..MMP-2 may contribute to the post-translational decrease in calponin-1, thus culminating in hypertension-induced maladaptive arterial remodeling. ..
- Appel S, Allen P, Vetterkind S, Jin J, Morgan K. h3/Acidic calponin: an actin-binding protein that controls extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 activity in nonmuscle cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1409-22 pubmed publisher..2 migration in an in vitro wound healing assay. Our findings are consistent with a model whereby h3/acidic calponin controls fibroblast migration by regulation of ERK1/2-mediated l-caldesmon phosphorylation. ..
- He S, Wei A, Ye T, Yang Y, Luo X, Liu Y, et al. [Calcitonin gene-related peptide induces phenotypic transformation of corpus cavernosum smooth muscle cells in diabetic rats with erectile dysfunction]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2011;17:913-7 pubmed..Then the relative expressions of calponin 1 (Cnn1) and osteopontin (OPN) mRNA were determined by real-time fluorescence quantitative RT-PCR (qRT-PCR)...
- Parente J, Pereira C, Oliveira Paula G, Tanus Santos J, Tostes R, Castro M. Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 Activity is Associated with Divergent Regulation of Calponin-1 in Conductance and Resistance Arteries in Hypertension-induced Early Vascular Dysfunction and Remodelling. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2017;121:246-256 pubmed publisher..Divergent regulation of calponin-1 by MMP-2 may be an important mechanism that leads to maladaptive vascular effects in hypertension. ..
- Takiguchi K, Matsumura F. Role of the basic C-terminal half of caldesmon in its regulation of F-actin: comparison between caldesmon and calponin. J Biochem. 2005;138:805-13 pubmed..A comparison between D3 and calponin, another actin-binding protein that is also basic and has similar actin-regulatory activities, is also discussed. ..
- Nishida W, Kitami Y, Hiwada K. cDNA cloning and mRNA expression of calponin and SM22 in rat aorta smooth muscle cells. Gene. 1993;130:297-302 pubmed..No significant differences were observed in the expression of the RaA calp and SM22 mRNAs between normotensive (Wistar Kyoto) and spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). ..