Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cngb1
Description: cyclic nucleotide gated channel beta 1
Alias: Gm1959, cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channel beta-1, cyclic nucleotide-gated channel beta subunit 1
- Hüttl S, Michalakis S, Seeliger M, Luo D, Acar N, Geiger H, et al. Impaired channel targeting and retinal degeneration in mice lacking the cyclic nucleotide-gated channel subunit CNGB1. J Neurosci. 2005;25:130-8 pubmed..To investigate the importance of the CNGB subunits in vivo, we deleted the CNGB1 gene in mice. In the absence of CNGB1, only trace amounts of the CNGA1 subunit were found on the rod outer segment...
- Nache V, Zimmer T, Wongsamitkul N, Schmauder R, Kusch J, Reinhardt L, et al. Differential regulation by cyclic nucleotides of the CNGA4 and CNGB1b subunits in olfactory cyclic nucleotide-gated channels. Sci Signal. 2012;5:ra48 pubmed publisher..Thus, the modulatory subunits participate actively in translating ligand binding to activation of heterotetrameric olfactory CNG channels and enable the channels to differentiate between cyclic nucleotides. ..
- Gilliam J, Chang J, Sandoval I, Zhang Y, Li T, Pittler S, et al. Three-dimensional architecture of the rod sensory cilium and its disruption in retinal neurodegeneration. Cell. 2012;151:1029-41 pubmed publisher..Loss of the proteins encoded by the Cngb1 gene disrupted links between the disk and plasma membranes...
- Sautter A, Biel M, Hofmann F. Molecular cloning of cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channel subunits from rat pineal gland. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1997;48:171-5 pubmed..In addition, CNG4-specific transcripts were detected in the arcuate, periventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus. ..
- Wright A, Chakarova C, Abd El Aziz M, Bhattacharya S. Photoreceptor degeneration: genetic and mechanistic dissection of a complex trait. Nat Rev Genet. 2010;11:273-84 pubmed publisher..Although genetic and mechanistic diversity creates challenges for therapy, some approaches--particularly gene-replacement therapy--are showing considerable promise. ..
- Berridge M. Calcium signalling remodelling and disease. Biochem Soc Trans. 2012;40:297-309 pubmed publisher..Such subtle dysregulation of Ca2+ signals have been linked to some of the major diseases in humans such as cardiac disease, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Daiger S, Sullivan L, Bowne S. Genes and mutations causing retinitis pigmentosa. Clin Genet. 2013;84:132-41 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current approaches to gene discovery and mutation detection for RP, and indicate pitfalls and unsolved problems. Similar considerations apply to other forms of inherited retinal disease. ..