Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: claudin 5
Description: claudin 5
Products: claudin 5
- Jin D, Wang F, Qu L, Li Z, Jin L, Liu P, et al. The distribution and expression of claudin-5 and occludin at the rat blood-optic nerve barrier after borneol treatment. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:913-20 pubmed publisher..Claudin-5 may play a potential role in permeability of the blood-optic nerve barrier following borneol treatment. ..
- Wang L, Zhang X, Liu L, Cui L, Yang R, Li M, et al. Tanshinone II A down-regulates HMGB1, RAGE, TLR4, NF-kappaB expression, ameliorates BBB permeability and endothelial cell function, and protects rat brains against focal ischemia. Brain Res. 2010;1321:143-51 pubmed publisher..Tan II A protected the brain from damage caused by pMCAO; this effect may be through down-regulation of HMGB1, RAGE and TLR4, NF-kappaB and up-regulation claudin-5 expression...
- Fernandez A, Koval M, Fan X, Guidot D. Chronic alcohol ingestion alters claudin expression in the alveolar epithelium of rats. Alcohol. 2007;41:371-9 pubmed..Therefore, these findings suggest that changes in claudin expression in the alveolar epithelium produce a "leakier" phenotype that renders the alcoholic lung susceptible to alveolar flooding during acute inflammatory stresses. ..
- Ohtsuki S, Sato S, Yamaguchi H, Kamoi M, Asashima T, Terasaki T. Exogenous expression of claudin-5 induces barrier properties in cultured rat brain capillary endothelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:81-6 pubmed..These results indicate that claudin-5, but not claudin-12, is predominantly expressed in brain capillaries, and plays a key role in the appearance of barrier properties of brain capillary endothelial cells. ..
- Sun Z, Wei J, Xie L, Shen Y, Liu S, Ju G, et al. The CLDN5 locus may be involved in the vulnerability to schizophrenia. Eur Psychiatry. 2004;19:354-7 pubmed
- Bulldan A, Dietze R, Shihan M, Scheiner Bobis G. Non-classical testosterone signaling mediated through ZIP9 stimulates claudin expression and tight junction formation in Sertoli cells. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1075-85 pubmed publisher..Further assessment of these interactions will help to supplement our knowledge concerning the mechanism by which testosterone plays a role in male fertility. ..
- Kugelmann D, Waschke J, Radeva M. Adducin is involved in endothelial barrier stabilization. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126213 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Î±-adducin is involved in remodeling of endothelial adhesion junctions and thereby contributes to endothelial barrier regulation. ..
- D Agnillo F, Williams M, Moayeri M, Warfel J. Anthrax lethal toxin downregulates claudin-5 expression in human endothelial tight junctions. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62576 pubmed publisher..Mice challenged with LT also showed significant reduction in claudin-5 expression. Together, these findings support a possible role for LT disruption of endothelial TJs in the vascular leakage pathologies of anthrax. ..
- Kluger M, Clark P, Tellides G, Gerke V, Pober J. Claudin-5 controls intercellular barriers of human dermal microvascular but not human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:489-500 pubmed publisher..Claudin-5 expression and junctional organization control HDMEC and arteriolar-capillary paracellular barriers, whereas HUVEC and venular junctions use vascular endothelial-cadherin. ..
- Shen W, Li S, Chung S, Zhu L, Stayt J, Su T, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and claudin-5 is associated with TGF-?1-induced permeability of centrally derived vascular endothelium. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:323-32 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and claudin-5 is involved in the increased paracellular permeability of central nervous system-derived vascular endothelium induced by TGF-?1. ..
- Balbuena P, Li W, Ehrich M. Assessments of tight junction proteins occludin, claudin 5 and scaffold proteins ZO1 and ZO2 in endothelial cells of the rat blood-brain barrier: cellular responses to neurotoxicants malathion and lead acetate. Neurotoxicology. 2011;32:58-67 pubmed publisher..Immunoblotting assessments demonstrated that protein levels of tight junction proteins occludin and claudin 5, and scaffold proteins ZO1 and ZO2 were decreased after treatments...
- Li Q, Zhang Q, Wang C, Liu X, Qu L, Gu L, et al. Altered distribution of tight junction proteins after intestinal ischaemia/reperfusion injury in rats. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:4061-76 pubmed publisher..I/R injury altered distribution of TJ proteins in vivo that was associated with functional TJ deficiencies. ..
- Honda M, Nakagawa S, Hayashi K, Kitagawa N, Tsutsumi K, Nagata I, et al. Adrenomedullin improves the blood-brain barrier function through the expression of claudin-5. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2006;26:109-18 pubmed..Immunoblotting also showed an overexpression of claudin-5 in AM exposure. AM therefore inhibits the paracellular transport in a BBB in vitro model through claudin-5 overexpression. ..
- Poliak S, Matlis S, Ullmer C, Scherer S, Peles E. Distinct claudins and associated PDZ proteins form different autotypic tight junctions in myelinating Schwann cells. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:361-72 pubmed..The presence of these different tight junction proteins in regions of noncompact myelin may be required to maintain the intricate cytoarchitecture of myelinating Schwann cells. ..
- Guillemot L, Schneider Y, Brun P, Castagliuolo I, Pizzuti D, Martines D, et al. Cingulin is dispensable for epithelial barrier function and tight junction structure, and plays a role in the control of claudin-2 expression and response to duodenal mucosa injury. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5005-14 pubmed publisher
- Bai X, Zhang X, Chen L, Zhang J, Zhang L, Zhao X, et al. Protective effect of naringenin in experimental ischemic stroke: down-regulated NOD2, RIP2, NF-?B, MMP-9 and up-regulated claudin-5 expression. Neurochem Res. 2014;39:1405-15 pubmed publisher..05). The results provided a neuroprotective profile of NG in cerebral ischemia, this effect was likely exerted by down-regulated NOD2, RIP2, NF-?B, MMP-9 and up-regulated claudin-5 expression. ..
- Uehara K, Uehara A. Localization of claudin-5 and ZO-1 in rat spleen sinus endothelial cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2008;129:95-103 pubmed..Thus, ZO-1 might play an important role in regulating the cell-cell junctions of sinus endothelial cells for blood-cell passage through splenic cords. ..
- Soma T, Chiba H, Kato Mori Y, Wada T, Yamashita T, Kojima T, et al. Thr(207) of claudin-5 is involved in size-selective loosening of the endothelial barrier by cyclic AMP. Exp Cell Res. 2004;300:202-12 pubmed..cAMP decreased the claudin-5-based endothelial barrier, strongly suggesting that other tight-junction molecule(s) are required to elevate endothelial barrier functions in response to cAMP. ..