Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Clasp2
Description: cytoplasmic linker associated protein 2
Alias: CLIP-associating protein 2
- Nakaya Y, Sukowati E, Sheng G. Epiblast integrity requires CLASP and Dystroglycan-mediated microtubule anchoring to the basal cortex. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:637-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that epiblast-BM interaction requires CLASP- and Dystroglycan-mediated cortical microtubule anchoring, the disruption of which initiates gastrulation EMT. ..
- Ota H, Hikita T, Nishioka T, Matsumoto M, Ito J, Asai N, et al. Proteomic analysis of Girdin-interacting proteins in migrating new neurons in the postnatal mouse brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;442:16-21 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Girdin and Girdin-interacting proteins control neuronal migration by regulating actin and/or microtubule dynamics. ..
- Efimova N, Grimaldi A, Bachmann A, Frye K, Zhu X, Feoktistov A, et al. Podosome-regulating kinesin KIF1C translocates to the cell periphery in a CLASP-dependent manner. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:5179-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, chimeric mitochondrially targeted CLASP2 recruits KIF1C, suggesting a transient CLASP-KIF1C association...
- Honnappa S, Gouveia S, Weisbrich A, Damberger F, Bhavesh N, Jawhari H, et al. An EB1-binding motif acts as a microtubule tip localization signal. Cell. 2009;138:366-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a general "microtubule tip localization signal" (MtLS) and delineate a unifying mechanism for this subcellular protein targeting process. ..
- Engel U, Zhan Y, Long J, Boyle S, Ballif B, Dorey K, et al. Abelson phosphorylation of CLASP2 modulates its association with microtubules and actin. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2014;71:195-209 pubmed publisher..Using purified proteins, we find that Abl phosphorylation modulates direct binding between purified CLASP2 with both MTs and actin...